Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 14, 2010 12:06 PM

Jul 2009
So we finally get to see Satoshi and everything is falling into place story-wise. I was not expecting Shion to flip like that though XD
Dec 23, 2010 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
Satoshi looks a lot like Sunohara from Clannad... I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that.

Yeah weird episode. Wtf Shion.
Feb 6, 2011 2:47 PM

Oct 2010
sweet, realy liked this episode
Feb 13, 2011 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
2Deeh said:
Rokeby said:
Am I the only one who actually was annoyed by Satoko's behavior? x3

You, me, and Shion all agree.

Shion was godly in this ep, we got some background AND she beat the hell outta that useless whining brat Satoko.

+1
Given the general extremities of emotional responses in this show,
it's not so hard to follow Shion's train of thought.
Shion is doing the same thing like when Keiichi decided to kill the uncle
cept Keiichi saw the uncle as threat to Satoko's happiness
and Shion saw Satoko as threat to Satoshi's happiness.
Mar 9, 2011 4:47 PM

Dec 2010
Is it just me that found it really hard to tell the twins apart? I thought it was Mion beating Satoko up for a minute :-/ And it raises a hell of a lot more questions than it answers...which is pretty much par for the course for this anime :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Apr 8, 2011 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
I got Shion's point, but I did feel bad for Satoko back there. :(

May 26, 2011 8:20 PM

Jan 2009
Where does Shion even get off. Seriously. Just because she has a wildly-huge-for-no-reason crush on her hero Satoshi - whom she barely knows, she gets pissed that caring for his _sister_ is stressing him out, and takes it upon herself to torment the child in question? Wtf? It's his choice, maybe she should tell him to man up and stop going to the rescue every time his sister sheds a tear, or tell him to teach his sister some strength instead of fear. It's not her place to decide his happiness in this situation. It's a close family matter and she's a complete stranger from another town, posing as Mion no less. Poor Mion, I wonder what that beating Shion did to Satoko disguised as Mi will do to her rep? Dx

Phew rant. I just hate when catty crap like that happens.

Shion in this chapter needs to gtfo back to that boarding school she came from...
Jun 1, 2011 12:28 AM

Feb 2010
Yay, Satoshi!!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jul 7, 2011 1:09 AM
Jul 2010
patient_senses said:
Gotta admit, I see where Shion's coming from in getting angry at Satoko. She's acting like such a baby. She's really been getting on my nerves. The guy in the third arc was saying how she wouldn't take the probation officer's help because it meant defeat, but yet most people consider crying all the time to be a big failure. Hopes she dies in this one.
Couldn't agree any more! Seriously, Mion said Satoko was the reliable one and Satoshi was always spacing out but it totally doesn't seem like it. I understand that with what happens at home, Satoko has reasons to be in a fragile emotional state but it's quite mean to completely rely on her brother even for the most insignificant things. It seems like she couldn't do one thing on her own! As for how she acted in the third arc, I guess it has to do with this. This arc happens previously so it seems she is attempting redemption by enduring her suffering at that time. Anyway, has the events seem to be constant until June 1983, I don't think Satoko will die. As for what's been happening, if someone's death is wished, it ends up happening one way or another. However, this time Shion wished for Satoko and the aunt to go away, not Satoshi... Let's see how this ends up...
Sep 1, 2011 10:50 PM

Jun 2007
^ haha I totally agree. I was kinda hoping no one would interfere and Shion would be the crap out of satoko...oh man this anime is bring out my bad side lol.
Nov 28, 2011 8:32 PM

Jun 2011
If it were me, I would have slaughtered Satako's aunt and uncle instead of losing on Satoko.
Jan 13, 2012 8:15 PM

Dec 2009
This anime has some confusing bits and Shion posing as Mion doesn't really help lol but anyway.
Shion should've thought of her sister's position a little bit more before exploding against Satoko.
Feb 9, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
Man, i really feel sorry for Satoko after that...
Mar 16, 2012 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
Oh no you did't. How dare Satoshi push Shion aside like that.
To be fair, Shion did initially go over to help clean up the mess until Satoko starts acting like a brat.
AzureBluesMar 16, 2012 11:55 PM
Jun 28, 2012 9:17 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Shion went crazy. Surprisingly though, I honestly felt some rage for Satoko too. She was being really annoying. But neither I nor Shion knows the pain she's going through, so we can't really hurt her. I do feel bad for the pressure put on Satoshi though; it must be crushing.
Jul 19, 2012 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
That village is creepy...

It is forbidden for anyone to leave the village, and if they do leave then tons of messed up stuff starts happening.

While you're staying in the town, you can't piss anyone off because if anyone wishes you dead, you'll die.

Simply living in that place is like suicide.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 1, 2012 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Cruel to think that the time is almost moden time and they're killing one of twins so there wouldn't be problems with the heir. Is it that important? Insane, i hope it doens't happen often nowadays.

Aug 10, 2012 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
I feel bad for Satoko and Satoshi. Poor guys :(

And wow, Shion is crazy for Satoshi. This won't end well (but it never does in this anime.)
Aug 25, 2012 11:48 PM
Nov 2011
Shion is a bitch. I felt bad for Satoko.
Sep 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Feb 2011
OAO Satoshi
Jan 20, 2013 8:41 PM

Apr 2012
I actually liked Satoko in the other arcs but in this one dear god was she annoying. I might not have gone QUITE as far as Shion did lol but it irritated me to watch how she was acting. I know she has a lot on her plate with her home life but her brother has to contend with that himself AND have her relying on him every second. Sheesh.
Jan 20, 2013 8:42 PM
May 2012
puddingly said:
I actually liked Satoko in the other arcs but in this one dear god was she annoying. I might not have gone QUITE as far as Shion did lol but it irritated me to watch how she was acting. I know she has a lot on her plate with her home life but her brother has to contend with that himself AND have her relying on him every second. Sheesh.
I never liked Satoko. She didn't have what it took to be in the club, other than her weird traps.

Rena all the way.
Feb 14, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2012
I finally know how Satoshi looks. Man, Shion was crazy back there. I wonder what happens after that.
Apr 19, 2013 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
What an irritating cry!
Aug 11, 2013 3:18 AM

May 2013
Dat beginning scene. Yes, it's a new arc. And it happens before Satoshi's aunt gets killed.

So that's why Shion likes Satoshi! It's because he saved her before.

I guess Satoshi is experiencing the curse, just like Rena.

Every time someone hits someone else, they get pushed back too much.
It's like when Shion threw Satoko around. And when Satoshi elbowed Shion.

Maybe it's Satoshi's fault that Shion becomes crazy or something.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 14, 2013 10:15 PM

Jun 2008
At the end there I was waiting for Satsohi to smash Shion's face in with his baseball bat. Was disappoint; he should have beat her up more. Poor Satoko...

Oct 29, 2013 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
Well the episode was okay, what really struck me was the beginning and Shion's anger problems. Talk about being a tsundere bitch.

I wonder how this ARC will play out, and are we ever going to see Keiichi again?
Nov 16, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2013
So Shion is the main character this time.

And finally we get to see Satoshi. I hope this arc explains what happened to him.
Nov 30, 2013 7:23 PM

Dec 2012
Gahh! Distinguishing between Mion and Shion was so difficult this episode. Doesn't help that their voices are quite similar. But thanks to everyone here I got them straight... I think.
Dec 31, 2013 12:16 AM

Jul 2008
Okay this explains why Shion was never around and finally we get Satoshi.

I get Shion's feelings but her anger is directed at the wrong person, she should be mad at the Aunt and not Satoko....however Satoko needs to do something simple like eating without crying for Satoshi to come back but she did not deserve that kind of beatdown.
Jan 4, 2014 10:17 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who dislikes Satoko/her behaviour after this episode.
Jan 18, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Everyone in that anime seem to have a surhuman force and a psycho personality xD

So Shion was in love with Satoshi and played the role of Mion for a short time. Maybe that's why Shion got close to Keiichi when she met him, they look very much alike, except the fact that Satoshi is blond.

That scene with Sakoto was fucking brutal, I like how everyone was just looking at her for a moment. I must admit that when she was trowing books at her, it was kinda hilarious :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 2, 2014 1:49 AM

Sep 2013
lsumi said:
strangle before first bath o0 thats a f*cked up thing glad they didnt do it !!

rofl shion face was funny in the aprt with those motocycles it make me cry from laughing =') satoshi to the rescue :O question is that a gun that shion / mion is wearing :O or is it a hairdryer xD Throw satoko with one hand damn shes strong o0 poor satoko!!!! up to the next ep...

GRTZ lsumi o(^^)o

It's supposedly an airsoft gun which she usually carries around , probably for fashion reasons , I was wondering the same thing so I searched it up and read about that
Apr 2, 2014 1:52 AM

Sep 2013
it's starting to make alittle more sense I guess , Satoko's aunt did in fact die , but now we know that Shion was the one who wished for it and supposedly Rena seeing as she 'experienced' similar things , I'm pretty sure Satoshi died prior to the events of either the first or second arc , Keiichi used/found his bat in his locker, Mion or 'Shion' was pretty defensive over that fact considering the feelings she had towards him , I'll probably have to watch it all again seeing as i'm forgetting some details.
Apr 19, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
The characterization gets more retarded as the series goes. Love at first sight, hmm okay. "I want his sister dead because.. love at first sight.", hmm fine. Beating up the sister in front of the whole class, after she had endured so much shit from her family, a little of this is enough to break her? Hmm why not. Talking about death as if they are nothing, by normal standard people's mind wouldn't even go to the "death" solution. Anyway, original first arc is the best so far, followed by the Akasaka arc, and they are both just average to decent.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 4:28 PM
Feb 2013
Nice to finally see Satoshi, but since this is in the past how did Shion get to who she was later on with Keiichi, but I also see how Satoshi slowly acting in the way that everyone is saying later on.
Apr 26, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
Superhuman strength and wicked minds - a dangerous combination, and all people in this series have it.

But I don't quite get the hate Satoko gets from everyone here. True, she should become more independent, but she's a like 10 year old child which lost his parents and gets abused by uncle and aunt. I think it's rather normal to act like she does and looking up to her elder brother, who is the only one to help her! So, Shion shouldn't be blaming her. But I guess, she has enough family problems to deal with on her own.

I actually enjoy, not seeing Keiichi around this time too. That guy pisses me off to much.
Apr 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
The reaction against Satoko was worthy of a total loser.
Shion picked the wrong person to be bitchy to.. She loves Satoshi and she beats his little sister in front of the class, the same sister who's being constantly bullied by her aunt.. Good way of making one guy fall in love with you.

And come on guys, Satoko here is about how many years old? 10?
It's obvious that she has easy breakdowns.
Apr 28, 2014 6:15 PM
Feb 2013
Sovietcong said:
Gahh! Distinguishing between Mion and Shion was so difficult this episode. Doesn't help that their voices are quite similar. But thanks to everyone here I got them straight... I think.

What helped me was the hairstyle, Shion would be long while Mion is long but also tied at the very top.
May 4, 2014 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
Satoshi :) Finally!
Jul 27, 2014 6:44 AM

May 2014
I might sound like a total asshole for saying this, but Satoko WAS acting really spoiled. I felt sorry for Satoshi. That said though, what Shion did was WAY out of line. Total bitch.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 27, 2014 1:02 AM
Dec 2011
so this explain about SHION and the second story. why she did the things she did as we see in the beginning of this episode witch is connected to the seconed story "where SHION was first introduced", where keiichi and SHION go inside the shrine,where we find MION locked up she was dressed as SHION. i got the plot because of the TASER attack in the beginning of this episode if you can remember in the 2nd story where keiichi was about to be tortured he was attacked and knocked unconscious by exream tassing person who did that was SHION WITH HER TASER WHO WAS DRESSED UP LIKE MION. it was revenge for mion by shion.!

SHION is in love with SATOSHI and after he went missing decided to find the truth that's why she went in to the shrine with keiichi and after seeing "the tools" and knowing about the actual meaning of the festival from "the nurse and freelanced photographer" (she has an idea she wanted confirmation from another point of view) she ran to know more and hide from the villagers.

next day when the village leader went to hospital and came to the meeting SHION propably knew this because if the village families are behind this they would held a meeting because they would know that SHION and others went in the shrine so SHION waited as MION outside somewhere then captured him PUNISHED him and asked about everything that's going on and killed him mean while MION called keiichi at night AS SHION at SHIONs house freaked him with the death of tomitake and miss takano miyo and keiichi told MION who he thinks SHION " you made me go in to the shrine" !

after confirming who was responsible for keiichis actions MION was after SHION to punish her for breaking rules.MION was in love with keiichi and didn't want to punish him if he has nothing to do with it.
after that MION searched for SHION every where without any luck came home. THEN "THIS EPISODE STARTER HAPPENS" BITCH GRANNY WAS TIED DOWN by shion AND SHION attacked mion with her taser that she always carries around (when satoshi came to help SHION she was trying to use the taser) the drag MION to the dungeon and locked her and tortured her because now SHION knows the truth from the village leader and made up her mind to punish and destroy everything MION loved.

SHIONs love was taken away (satoshi) and the village three families was fault . after locking MION.then SHION took her place as MION and KILLED rika and satoko (who i think was annoying i know she is little but come on .....) then she SHION framed MION for everything (like a note saying MION HAD SOYA SAUCE) . keiichi and rena came to MIONS house to know the truth.SHION tricked keiichi and tried to kill him because she HATED MION but police came in that moments WHERE keiichi was TASED and unconsciousness MION (who was locked up and was dress like shion )WAS KILL by SHION and put in to well with other bodies. after this shion was shion pretending to be injured. when keiichi was in his house shion dressed as mion came and stabbed him. shion return to her apartment and wherr she was killed by pushing her out of the apartment this was done by who was next in LINE to do the PUNISHING RENA after knowing that it was SHION doing then RENA killed keiichi at the hospital pretend to be MION.

one thing still unsolved is about the nurse miss takano whose dead body was founded by the police hours later was already a DAY OLD . she was killed before the festival !!!!!!! my theory is she was obviously killed before hand and someone pretended to be her and led keiichi and the others to know about the shrine and guided them that night in to the shrine ...because this person wanted them dead!? i think it was rena but this will be unraveled as well.. we will see :3
Aug 27, 2014 1:14 AM
Dec 2011
WolfWood37 said:
Okay this explains why Shion was never around and finally we get Satoshi.

I get Shion's feelings but her anger is directed at the wrong person, she should be mad at the Aunt and not Satoko....however Satoko needs to do something simple like eating without crying for Satoshi to come back but she did not deserve that kind of beatdown.
i agree with you but maybe SHION saw herself in her the way her family treated her !

just need your opinion this is what i think happen and the connection this beginning has with the story!

so this explain about SHION and the second story. why she did the things she did as we see in the beginning of this episode witch is connected to the seconed story "where SHION was first introduced", where keiichi and SHION go inside the shrine,where we find MION locked up she was dressed as SHION.
i got the plot because of the TASER attack in the beginning of this episode if you can remember in the 2nd story where keiichi was about to be tortured he was attacked and knocked unconscious by exream tassing person who did that was SHION WITH HER TASER WHO WAS DRESSED UP LIKE MION. it was revenge for mion by shion.!

SHION is in love with SATOSHI and after he went missing decided to find the truth that's why she went in to the shrine with keiichi and after seeing "the tools" and knowing about the actual meaning of the festival from "the nurse and freelanced photographer" (she has an idea she wanted confirmation from another point of view) she ran to know more and hide from the villagers.

next day when the village leader went to hospital and came to the meeting SHION propably knew this because if the village families are behind this they would held a meeting because they would know that SHION and others went in the shrine so SHION waited as MION outside somewhere then captured him PUNISHED him and asked about everything that's going on and killed him mean while MION called keiichi at night AS SHION at SHIONs house freaked him with the death of tomitake and miss takano miyo and keiichi told MION who he thinks SHION " you made me go in to the shrine" !

after confirming who was responsible for keiichis actions MION was after SHION to punish her for breaking rules.MION was in love with keiichi and didn't want to punish him if he has nothing to do with it.
after that MION searched for SHION every where without any luck came home. THEN "THIS EPISODE STARTER HAPPENS" BITCH GRANNY WAS TIED DOWN by shion AND SHION attacked mion with her taser that she always carries around (when satoshi came to help SHION she was trying to use the taser) the drag MION to the dungeon and locked her and tortured her because now SHION knows the truth from the village leader and made up her mind to punish and destroy everything MION loved.

SHIONs love was taken away (satoshi) and the village three families was fault . after locking MION.then SHION took her place as MION and KILLED rika and satoko (who i think was annoying i know she is little but come on .....) then she SHION framed MION for everything (like a note saying MION HAD SOYA SAUCE) . keiichi and rena came to MIONS house to know the truth.SHION tricked keiichi and tried to kill him because she HATED MION but police came in that moments WHERE keiichi was TASED and unconsciousness MION (who was locked up and was dress like shion )WAS KILL by SHION and put in to well with other bodies. after this shion was shion pretending to be injured. when keiichi was in his house shion dressed as mion came and stabbed him. shion return to her apartment and wherr she was killed by pushing her out of the apartment this was done by who was next in LINE to do the PUNISHING RENA after knowing that it was SHION doing then RENA killed keiichi at the hospital pretend to be MION.

one thing still unsolved is about the nurse miss takano whos dead body was founded by the police hours later was already a DAY OLD . she was killed before the festival !!!!!!! my theory is she was obviously killed before hand and someone pretended to be her and led keiichi and the others to know about the shrine and guided them that night in to the shrine ...because this person wanted them dead!? i think it was rena but this will be unraveled as well.. we will see :3
Aug 27, 2014 1:15 AM
Dec 2011
ZackNero03 said:
Sovietcong said:

What helped me was the hairstyle, Shion would be long while Mion is long but also tied at the very top.

so this explain about SHION and the second story. why she did the things she did as we see in the beginning of this episode witch is connected to the seconed story "where SHION was first introduced", where keiichi and SHION go inside the shrine,where we find MION locked up she was dressed as SHION. i got the plot because of the TASER attack in the beginning of this episode if you can remember in the 2nd story where keiichi was about to be tortured he was attacked and knocked unconscious by exream tassing person who did that was SHION WITH HER TASER WHO WAS DRESSED UP LIKE MION. it was revenge for mion by shion.!

one thing still unsolved is about the nurse miss takano whos dead body was founded by the police hours later was already a DAY OLD . she was killed before the festival !!!!!!! my theory is she was obviously killed before hand and someone pretended to be her and led keiichi and the others to know about the shrine and guided them that night in to the shrine ...because this person wanted them dead!? i think it was rena but this will be unraveled as well.. we will see :3
Oct 21, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2014
Wrong Anime Sunohara!
Nov 2, 2014 1:03 AM

Nov 2013
WHOA THAT MINDFUCKERY!!! I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS SHION WHO THREW SATOKO AT THAT LOCKER! WOW...

Nov 2, 2014 1:05 AM

Nov 2013
ArtRodriguez said:
Shion did what should happen to every moe character. Satoko is just so useless. She is so fucking...ARGH!
I was so happy watching that worthless piece of shit get thrown at that locker then got angry when everyone protected her.
FunnyRatmanNov 2, 2014 1:09 AM

Nov 8, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
Satoko was as annoying as always this episode. Seeing that side of Shion was weird, too. Looking forward to see what really goes down with Satoshi/the aunt.
Dec 3, 2014 11:44 PM

Jul 2012
I have read this arc already in the manga and am now coming back to watch it. This is probably my least favorite arc to be honest. Not only does it make Shion look like a bad guy, but it makes Satoko (my favorite of all of the girls) look like a whiny little cry baby. Pisses me off. For all of you wondering she ISNT actually like that this timeline just makes her look that way.
trumpetnixDec 3, 2014 11:48 PM
Jan 31, 2015 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
yakyuu-addict said:
Whenever force is exerted on another in this series they always get tossed.

^^ lol you're right
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.