Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2015 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter focus mostly on Grisha, Keith and Carla. We got to know more about them and their past, especially Grisha. A lot of mystery still surrounds Grisha but the story is slowly coming together.

Some people will probably be disappointed that we didn't get any knew info on reiner and co, but I would rather these type of chapter comes first before the awesomeness that awaits.

Overall solid chapter.
Jul 8, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
Wow that was great especially in terms of background storytelling about Keith, Carla, and Grisha. It's especially refreshing to see Keith tell his personal account of his past with those two considering that Eren came into the world too. (Yes, he is cute as a baby!)

The last few scenes were especially noticeable since it also reflected the years when Eren was undergoing his first time training.
Jul 8, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
This was a nice chapter. Cool to see some information involving Eren's parents.
Jul 8, 2015 6:36 PM

Sep 2013
The story is coming full circle.

So Grisha is like the Ape Titan, from outside the walls. Hm, interesting.
Jul 8, 2015 7:22 PM
Dec 2013
The fact that Grisha originally didn't had any memories of how life worked inside the walls makes me realize he surely grew up in the "city" out of the walls, got titan power & left it, arriving at the wall in his first transformation and forgetting everything prior to that.

That's just me tho.

The NTR is real
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Jul 8, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2010
^ And there might be a possibility that the world outside of the wall is a very advanced one. Hence Grisha's easy cure for the epidemy.

Hmm hmm yes Eren, why are you so cute oh my.

I loved the chapter also, I think Isayama has a thing (and a talent) for dramatic exposition without making it too heavily exaggerated or overly emotional. It's very nice to get bits of information about Carla and Grisha, though it would be good to have more. I don't expect we will get more in a closer future though. After this the focus might shift on Bert, Reiner and the whole upcoming battle outside.
Jul 8, 2015 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
The next chapter will probably focus on Connie, since if you guys haven't notice he was not in this chapter. So that means he has went back to his village where his titan mom is at. I think some interesting stuff will be happening in the next chapter.

In the back of my head I think he may die, since he went without any of his friends tagging along. That's not a good sign.
Jul 8, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2009
nice to see the mother of Eren again, and lol an NTR love story too
Jul 8, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2012
Great chapter and backstory of Keith's character, along with Grisha and Carla. That baby Eren though. Things are connecting and explained. So Keith was the one who dismantled the 3DMG belt.
Jul 8, 2015 11:46 PM

Jan 2015
Great chapter. Good build up for the battles that await. Also it's very good to know more about Grisha and his past. I'm starting to believe he actually is the ape titan, now that we know he has a mysterious past outside the walls. But still I'd prefer if he's not, since he was supposedly eaten by Eren, which is a very cool story in my opinion. He also has the same symptons as Ymir, who wandered for years as a titan and awakened with amnesia remembering just her own name.
Overall this chapter really improved over the past few months. It's been quite boring with not a lot of developments, so it's nice to feel like we're learning something new and relevant for the story.
Jul 9, 2015 12:20 AM
Jun 2015
This was a solid chapter in terms of story....a lot of plot points covered in this chapter......the backstory of Grisha, Keith and Carla was amazing......overall 4.5/5
Jul 9, 2015 12:20 AM

Mar 2014
I liked this chapter and the backstory for Keith. I thought he was a hard ass instructor but he's more than that.
I'm sure this confirms the their that there are other civilizations around the world.

The way Grisha acted when he first meets Keith points to the fact that his group might be really small and get frequent attacks from titans unlike the inhabitants of the walls
Jul 9, 2015 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
baby eren
*fangirling intensifies*
help i am in need
Jul 9, 2015 1:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As I've been expecting for years now, there is very probably a world outside the walls, one that is probably technologically superior to the walled worlds of men. Grisha came from that world. And there's evidence that he was a Titan himself once.

Eren's mom confirmed for best looking lady in the manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 9, 2015 1:21 AM

Jan 2015
It was a pretty solid chapter.

It was interesting to know about how keith was the previous commander of the survey corps and that little bit of info about what happen with grisha and eren after the fall of wall maria was good.

So grisha was clueless about the walls and everything similar to how the ape titan was when he saw the 3dmg.
Jul 9, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2015
great chapter and background story ... and that how he met your mother :3

Jul 9, 2015 2:44 AM

Oct 2014
Good chapter, really. I always like getting some backstory. So Eren's dad came from outside the Walls... I wonder if he was a mindless titan for a long time or if he came from that village/city outside (you know, RBA and shit. He might know a lot of things.)

Sorry for that sudden topic change, but I spent some time researching on the Internet and foud this:

So... Erwin's dad is the Beast Titan?
Jul 9, 2015 2:58 AM

Oct 2013
TheOutsider6 said:
Good chapter, really. I always like getting some backstory. So Eren's dad came from outside the Walls... I wonder if he was a mindless titan for a long time or if he came from that village/city outside (you know, RBA and shit. He might know a lot of things.)

Sorry for that sudden topic change, but I spent some time researching on the Internet and foud this:

So... Erwin's dad is the Beast Titan?

Nope. the character that came out of the ape titan is a new character that isayama drew in january. randelaky.tumblr.com/post/104605731812/fuku-shuu-the-mysterious-new-character-from

Also Erwin father lived inside the walls therefore he must know about the 3d gear. Erwin also said his father was murdered by the MP.

Isayama is known for having same face syndrome at times so using his drawings as proof will not get you anywhere.
Jul 9, 2015 3:43 AM

Aug 2014
Good chapter. So that's how they Grisha meet Carla. Also we got to learn more about Keith.
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Jul 9, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2011
I get some Harry Potter vibe from this, mostly because a guy who liked a girl lost her to another guy who met her later and they both died and their son is the savior of all crap. Not a bad chapter though.

Jul 9, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2014
5/5

Awesome chapter. masterpiece
Jul 9, 2015 4:36 AM

Oct 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
I get some Harry Potter vibe from this, mostly because a guy who liked a girl lost her to another guy who met her later and they both died and their son is the savior of all crap. Not a bad chapter though.

THIS IS EVERYTHING I FEEL THANK YOU
Jul 9, 2015 4:37 AM

Oct 2014
this chap was really good, it covered a lot

i kinda screamed a bit at the fact that carla is legit eren in a wig
Jul 9, 2015 5:05 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
It was nice with some backround story this time.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 9, 2015 5:54 AM

Aug 2010
Keith got chucked so hard XD
Carla is so damn pretty :3 The art has certainly improved quite a bit. She looks really hot in comparison to the first chap :P

Really interesting info about Grisha. SnK getting good again is nice to see.
Jul 9, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2013
Nice chapter since this chapter made me like Keith more. Man Isayama, you're good at this. Lmao at Sasha tho, trauma isnt it?

keragamming said:
The next chapter will probably focus on Connie, since if you guys haven't notice he was not in this chapter. So that means he has went back to his village where his titan mom is at. I think some interesting stuff will be happening in the next chapter.

In the back of my head I think he may die, since he went without any of his friends tagging along. That's not a good sign.

No please. Isayama no, I don't want any of Levi's squad to die like before, no.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 9, 2015 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
Truthfully I don't know if the world outside of the walls is that much more advanced. The way Grisha looked, he seemed even more scared of titans than Keith did.
Jul 9, 2015 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
The way Grisha acted with all the walls etcetra made me think. If I remember good the ape titan was suprised about the 3DMG in chapter 35. In chapter 63 we see the titan form of Grisha, which quite resembles the look of the ape titan. In chapter 70 the identity of the ape titan is reveald en he looks quite like Ghrisa. I know for certain that Ghrisa is NOT the ape titan, because the 3DGM was already created when Ghrisa was around. The ape titan was suprised about the techology of the 3DMG. My theory says that Ghrisa and the ape titan are related. Maybe they're brothers or from the same titan group, becasue they both are different from the homeland (Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie) group and the normal looking (Eren) group. What do you guys think?
Jul 9, 2015 9:32 AM
Apr 2015
Very nice. SnK is a good meld of shounen and seinen. Shadis was a flat character up until now. we get to know from a unique perspective Grisha and Carla. also gives Eren new hope from his struggle of not being the 'chosen one' per se.
Jul 9, 2015 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
Great backstory chapter! Didn't even notice that Shadis was the guy in episode one and the guy who trained them lol. And he was the one who messed up Eren's belt! :O
Jul 9, 2015 10:32 AM

Jul 2009
dat young Carla
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 9, 2015 11:22 AM
Apr 2012
This was such an amazing chapter, to be honest. I mean I always enjoy backstories a lot and I like to see the story from various characters' perspective.
I found interesting the way Shadis saw the world after and before Grisha's appearance. It's quite fascinating how people get driven by their own thoughts and change all their perspective of themselves and the world.
So Shadis doesn't find himself special so he leaves and gives his position as a commander to Erwin. I feel sympathy for him.

Also, I find Grisha's backstory, or at least a part of it, really intriguing. Similar to Ymir, he didn't remember anything besides his name and the fact that he was a doctor - then, he also appeared 'magically' outside the walls which makes me even more convinced that there are more than one group wandering outside. And since he didn't know anything about the 'world' (walled world) it makes him more similar to Ape Titan. It makes me believe they may be related, also it helps the fact that they look quite the same.

Carla looks so stunning! I find her quite similar to Frieda Reiss for some reason. When Frieda's face first appeared in this manga - I think it was in Eren's dream - I found her so similar to Eren and Carla but we'll see.

So, in the end Shadis was also in love with Carla and the night she died he wanted to apologize. That's so sad...

“Is he incapable because he’s not special? Or because others won’t acknowledge him? I don’t think so. To me at least, this child…even if he isn’t able to become someone great or surpass others, it’s perfectly alright. Because…look at how adorable he is. He was born into this world, and for that alone, he is already so magnificent.” This part made me tear up so much. Oh my god.

/bonus to baby eren bc adorable af/

5/5 chapter.

edit: also forgot to mention that one of the mysteries is finally unravelled! so it was shadis who f*cked with eren's belt at that time!
Jul 10, 2015 6:07 AM

Aug 2014
That titan though

"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Jul 10, 2015 8:57 AM

Jan 2013
Decent background story.
Jul 10, 2015 9:17 AM

Nov 2012
Found the trigger to the back story a bit jarring. I also got a Harry Potter/Snape vibe from Shadis with the whole Grisha/Carla thing goin' on there. As soon as Grisha looked at Carla like that, I knew Shadis had feelings for her.

I knew Shadis was the one who trained them--it was easy to spot. Not a big, huge reveal, I'm just surprised people didn't catch that. But then again, I have a habit of predicting plot points before they happen. Has happened with other stories before, too. I mean, it's not always the case of being predictable. It's a case of being attentive if they give you foreshadow. I basically guessed the whole Flash oncoming plot and stuff.

"Wait, they better not do the thing"

*Does the thing*

*Flips table*

4/5 chapter. Not bad.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Jul 10, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2014
Nice to see some backstory about Keith, as well as Eren's parents. Like others are saying, it's possible that there is a technologically advanced world outside of the walls which could be where Grisha came from
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 10, 2015 4:08 PM

Jul 2013
SnazzGary said:
I knew Shadis was the one who trained them--it was easy to spot. Not a big, huge reveal, I'm just surprised people didn't catch that. But then again, I have a habit of predicting plot points before they happen. Has happened with other stories before, too. I mean, it's not always the case of being predictable. It's a case of being attentive if they give you foreshadow. I basically guessed the whole Flash oncoming plot and stuff.

*Does the thing*

*Flips table*

4/5 chapter. Not bad.

Lol, your post reminded me of Shadis himself. There's no need to guess who was their instructor since he already introduced himself in the training. Anyone who didn't know that just forgot about him.

Jul 11, 2015 12:41 AM

Nov 2012
EasyGo-er said:
SnazzGary said:

*Does the thing*

*Flips table*

4/5 chapter. Not bad.

Lol, your post reminded me of Shadis himself. There's no need to guess who was their instructor since he already introduced himself in the training. Anyone who didn't know that just forgot about him.

The problem is that it's not as easy to make the connection between former commander and instructor. His name at the beginning of the anime was not revealed (ep 1, when he was still commander). I don't remember if he was named at that point in the manga, though. By the time they are being trained, you don't remember the commander anymore. Also, maybe it's just me, but instructor Shadis' skin looks more tanned to me than his commander self ._. I remember back when the anime was airing I specifically had to look up his name on the SnK wiki to know his name just out of curiosity and I was surprised to learn that they were the same person (only after being unable to find a character page for the commander for like half an hour). Commander Shadis looks a bit generic for a war veteran while instructor Shadis looks like Master Xehanort. Perhaps Isayama realized this and for this chapter thought it was necessary to make it more explicit so it doesn't seem like an asspull (also, because many people probably wouldn't remember the former commander).
kchorrex2012Jul 11, 2015 12:52 AM
Jul 11, 2015 1:34 AM

Aug 2014
ugh this manga became worse by day.Now Ervin was always the choosen one?
Jul 11, 2015 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
Could this be one of the best chapters yet? I mean, it didn't have anything spectacular or anything, but the way the story of this chapter flowed was just so good. I missed such calmer chapters and it really connected a lot of dots - especially the part how Grisha injected Eren with that serum. And the very end with the faulty 3Dmg was a nice reminiscence.

Lovely chapter.
Jul 11, 2015 7:36 AM

Feb 2010
Excellent chapter! Worked really well. Was interesting to see a bit more about Eren's parents and Shadis' past.
Jul 11, 2015 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
ugh this manga became worse by day.Now Ervin was always the choosen one?

I think you've completely miss the point here.
Jul 12, 2015 7:26 AM
Dec 2014
Very nice chapter. It surely fills some holes of the story.
Jul 12, 2015 2:07 PM

Aug 2013
Carla's a milf.

Well, she's one another caring mother that we only get to learn about after she's already dead in the present story wise.
Jul 12, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2014
One of the best chapters for me.
Clears up alot, and really that guy. I feel the Instructor poor guy.
Jul 13, 2015 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
LOL

Salamander2170Jul 13, 2015 4:09 AM
Jul 13, 2015 4:29 AM

Apr 2013
so eren's mother dies, hannes saves eren, they leave on the boat, some time after that grisha comes back, takes eren to a forest, turns him into a titan, keith finds him, brings him back, times passes, eren joins the military
xSanoxJul 13, 2015 5:02 AM
Jul 13, 2015 7:16 PM

Feb 2013
Probably my favourite chapter in a while. Also this chapter reminded me alot of Harry Potter

Keith=Severus Snape
Grisha=James
Eren's Mom=Lily
Jul 13, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2014
I fuckin' died. Eren's face lmaoo Just checked her tumblr: her comics are hilarious!

This chapter was really good, just like the previous ones. Lots of flashbacks à la Naruto lately, but they were all very interesting, so no complaints here.
Keith got friendzoned hard it seems, but hey, who could blame Carla: Grisha sure was one fine ass mofo in his younger years.

PS: the 3DMG trafficking was hands down the best part.
SapewlothJul 13, 2015 8:35 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jul 13, 2015 10:58 PM
Oct 2012
This chapter wasnt particularly bad but given the fact that i have waited for at least a month. Honestly i wish it'd be worth the wait followed the previous chapter end after all.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.