Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 9, 2016 3:08 PM

Feb 2016
Man, the OP animation is appalling. Not sure who let that one through. In fact, not only is the actual animation terrible — super jerky, with some shots of characters not even looking like the characters, particularly Komari — but the storyboarding of it is fairly rubbish, too. Incredibly dull and uninspired, not at all what I expected after the really beautiful OP of the first season. Guh.
Nov 16, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
Oh we get a backstory episode, that was actually kinda nice to see Renge getting all excited for her first day :3
Dec 14, 2016 1:41 AM

Oct 2016
nice .. episode and the music is quite relaxing too
Apr 15, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
Was confused for a bit but I guess this was just showing us a flashback of Renge enrolling into the school, was cute :)
Apr 27, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2015
Nice, I need to get me one of those legendary swords someday :o
Jul 4, 2017 9:07 PM
Dec 2012
Cute & fun as always, would like to see more Renge & Candy Store moments :3
Aug 30, 2017 1:30 AM

Jun 2016
The story in this episode happened before the season 1, right? Since it showed when Hotarun just transferred in their school, and them transferring their possessions. Hihihi. And it's when Renge got her own recorder. Hihi. So cute.

What a good way to start the 2nd season. Ugh. It's like an OVA. Haha. Ugh. I missed my NNB babies so much. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 3, 2018 1:19 AM

Nov 2011
My gals are back! interesting to start with a prequel episode, the first season certainly didn't have enough Ren episodes so i hope we have plenty here.
Also strange that MAL has set this as a side story on the second season's page, but on the first season's page its a sequel.
Zee530Jan 3, 2018 1:35 AM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 14, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2017
Most important part of this episode was the recorder's origin story.
Dec 9, 2018 4:36 AM

Jun 2017
Adorable episode, good to see them back again in season 2. But still, i chose to ignore the oniichan from the 1st season, but I just can't help but feel pity for his character, he's like an NPC that's been born only to be a display. But that's that.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 12, 2019 8:22 AM

May 2016
Ren chon How do you even know about haute couture in the first place I never heard that word haha.

Such a fresh start we had now, after a hard day this sure gives you some great comfy vibes. 5/5

ED > OP
May 12, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
Ren chon How do you even know about haute couture in the first place I never heard that word haha.

Such a fresh start we had now, after a hard day this sure gives you some great comfy vibes. 5/5

ED > OP

She tried to sound as sophisticated as possible, she's in first grade now after all xD

And yeah, really nice start with pika pika Ren-chon.

Also, Hikage forgetting her phone cracked me up.

Ah and I'm looking forward to the little backstory.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 30, 2019 2:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Almost 3 years later after S1 and I m back to one oy m all time favorites SOL... I m glad I saved S2, now with also a S3 coming~~

Was feeling really shitty this weekend with all the studying and pressure of exams, but boy!

Still dunno what relation this has to S1, even though it isnt really a sequel.
Jul 8, 2019 12:43 AM

Oct 2012
Playcool said:
Almost 3 years later after S1 and I m back to one oy m all time favorites SOL... I m glad I saved S2, now with also a S3 coming~~

Was feeling really shitty this weekend with all the studying and pressure of exams, but boy!

Still dunno what relation this has to S1, even though it isnt really a sequel.

Pretty much the same situation here; finished S1, knew I'd need S2 later, and here I am. No matter how much growing up gets you down, I'm glad there are shows like Non Non Biyori to come back to. The ED had me crying. "Okaeri" indeed. It feels good to be home
Naive8AJul 8, 2019 12:48 AM
Dec 27, 2019 9:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much beautiful <3 I already love this new season, i'm prepared to be overwhelmed by the cuteness of this show
Jan 29, 2020 6:34 AM

Aug 2018
Wait.. If Renge says it'll be unusual to go the school.. Wait.. Is it prequel?.. And Hotaru isn't here still?.. Damn, it took me 7 minutes of relaxing to figure this out, lol..
Or not necessary prequel, maybe start is earlier.. And then events in time probably will overlap..
Forgetting phone sucks.. It's pretty important thing in today's life.. Well, I hope they made a bank card for Hikage anyway, and will just send her money?.. I mean, they planned to send her money anyway, right?.. For food and whichever expenses..
Well, sending phone is also an option, yeah.. Just forgot about it, with how her types of phones are so cheap really..
It's 105th first bell time in school?.. It exists for quite a while.. For a place with not that much inhabitants..
Why Renge got flute, btw?..
And yeah.. Of course, brother didn't sing, because he has to play piano.. Of course.. ;P
This episode felt more like an end episode, really.. ;p Overall, glad to see back familiar faces.. ;P
Jun 13, 2020 8:26 PM

Jun 2016
Finally starting season 2 and it feels as though my love for season 1 never stopped. Non Non Biyori creates such a fulfilling atmosphere. Where it may be idealistic even in its sorrows which creates a slight sense of envy or jealousy on why life can't be this simple, it does emanate this feeling that ‘what we have is all we need’ and to appreciate that.

Miyauchi Renge-dono! salutes, salutes back. That and “is that Haute Couture?!” had me laugh really hard. Seeing Renge’s triumph, going to school on her own as everyone celebrated her new departure and she got to experience new and wondrous things was sweet.
Jul 10, 2020 3:18 AM

May 2011
I was so at peace watching this! Loved the ED, such a catchy tune. I didn't suspect S2 to be an origin story, but I'm looking forward to how it develops. 😁

My favorite part was the practicing of the name calling between Renge and Natsumi. Hilarious. 😂

So glad that one of my favorite shows has a few seasons to bring the laughs and healing 💭
Jul 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Jul 2016
Re-watching this and seriously, a "one year ago" clarification at the beginning wouldn't have hurt, you know?

Still, super lovely Ren-chon-focused episode.
Aug 23, 2020 7:04 AM

Sep 2018
This makes me emotional:( it reminds me of my life in the province. I miss it huhu
Renge is so adorable ❤️ I love the Renge-dono scene lol
Nov 7, 2020 4:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So apparently this repeat series is going to be more focused on renge? I guess I don’t mind, but they better make it work!

I like how they just show shots of the countryside in which they live in while singing their school anthem. Man would it be nice to live in such a peaceful environment

Hoping this season is as good as the first so I can give it another solid 8/10, or even higher!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 24, 2020 5:13 PM

Apr 2020
The rural atmosphere is indeed steady, cool and peaceful.

I thought Renge would say "Nyanpasuuu" to everyone
Jan 21, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2019
So its just another repeat of season 1 I'm disappointed I liked the characters but I guess bye-bye NNB no progression is such a bummer :(
Jun 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Nov 2018
Hikage forgetting her phone was so funny! To be honest, I was expecting something was about to happen because it always does when someone feels much too confident, like Hikage did! Then again, it is hard to laugh about such an accident too! If I was in Hikage's place, I would have been just as panicked 😂! I truly envy Kazuho's calm about the situation! She really made me feel like problems were a lot easier to solve than we usually think!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Oct 6, 2021 10:34 AM

Jan 2019
Non Non Biyori has some exciting moments. This episode was no different.

It is certainly an anime that makes me reflect on the small values in life.

Renge and his gang are back! What will we see next?
Nov 28, 2021 9:46 PM
Aug 2021
this episode literally about this Renge kid getting into 1st grade is such a banger damn
non non biyori s2 gonna be real good
Nov 30, 2021 8:53 PM

Jan 2017
Was wondering for a good chunk of the episode why Renge's acting like it's her first time at school... till I realized this was before Hotaru even moved here. damnit
Jan 20, 2022 11:51 AM
Jun 2016
Not sure if I asked this before in an episode discussion before, but I'm curious why doesn't Kazuho go with Renge and the girls while going to school. I mean, I guess she goes early since she's the teacher and all. They say the bus service is slow, so I'm guessing she drives? We do see her do that, but not while going to school.

Why is Komari wearing her school uniform despite not planning on going to school? Thinking about it, I guess the uniforms the Koshigaya sisters wear are just their formal wear.

Actually, scratch that. I think the Koshigaya sisters actually did plan to help Kazuho. Well, Kazuho did comment how they've brought Renge with them.

Wait a minute. I've just realized that this season takes place before the series. Well, at least this episode. I was wondering why Natsumi was telling Renge things she said to Hotaru back in the 1st episode of the previous season.

Everyone's so formal with their formal dresses in the school, lol. I kind of wonder why Renge didn't wear her dress more often in the previous season. I guess it's too formal for her.

Also, never mind some of the questions above. I was basically writing this as I watch, and the anime answered some of them anyway.
Feb 22, 2022 12:00 PM

Mar 2020
This really made me question my sanity, I kept thinking I must have watched the third season instead of the first because I remembered Renge going to school everyday and playing the recorder but they showed it as if it hasn't happened before..
I mean the anime isn't story focused so the episode wasn't a complete waste but I'm not really satisfied with this.
Mar 6, 2022 1:03 PM

Mar 2019
Omg it took me so long to realize why this season is called "Repeat", lol. I was so confused, but an interesting idea.

The opening is so niceee and nostalgic in a weird way. I love the beginning of it and when they march forward, nano.ripe is too good.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this.

Great first episode.

Hikage forgetting her phone was so hilarious. x3 It's great how her character shines in this season. For me, it's one of the reasons why I like this better than the first season.

These landscapes are always amazing.
Sep 19, 2022 5:29 AM

Jul 2021
This so was good and so beautiful that I got teary-eyed by the end of this episode. Loved this. We got a new insight on the whole ordeal of Ren-chon becoming a first-grader. I'm out of words to describe how much I loved this, just too good.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 19, 2022 3:31 PM

Aug 2019
renge being very cute being excited for school
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2023 2:42 PM

Aug 2019
It’s really cute how Renge was really excited to attend school after getting her new red back bag
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

113 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2015

105 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.