Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 30, 2017 12:25 AM

Dec 2012
FukuJun! He's the prince? Hmm....
Scumbag bird.
Dat fail.
Dat basket.
Dat smack.
Dat bitch slap with the sword.
Zen is a prince.

Good start. So FukuJun became a prince and that's what happened to his character. smh
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 26, 2017 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
The first episode leaves a saccharine sickly aftertaste, is it some kind of typical female-only romance anime? What the reason to watch this? Everything is so obvious from first minutes of the first episode. Let's be clear here, the very first guy which a redhead met after she left her town became her love interest in seconds. And he is a prince of course. What is next? I assume that they can't be together because of their different social statuses. That second prince can't left his responsibility since first prince will die or something and there will be some typical "muh country vs muh redhead" problem. Oh, and she will leave him because of it but he will find her once again and they just like that will marry. The end. This is how looks waste of time with a big budget.
Nov 28, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2017
i watched the first episode and I thought it was great. it looks like it will be a good one
Dec 1, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2013
Nice first episode. I'm already really liking Shirayuki.

Of course the dude she randomly met just happens to be a prince lol
Feb 25, 2019 1:44 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I actually didn't anticipate the story to start off so fast. It seems quite quaint and charming, a very cozy watch I'm sure. uwu
Apr 26, 2019 6:49 AM
Aug 2018
I just read the first chapter of the manga since I wanted to catch up to the story and we won't get a third season anytime soon.

And I have to say, they did a beautiful job to adapt and especially expand the manga by visual storytelling. (Her background and occupation.)
It's so gorgeous that it is even sadder that they won't make a third season anytime soon.
May 10, 2019 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
The animation style is so elegant. What a great episode!!! ~❤️

Zen is so badass and hot. He reminds me of Zen (same name) from Mystic Messenger. ~❤️

I love how courageous Shirayuki is. She is so beautiful. ~❤️
Aug 12, 2019 7:49 AM

May 2016
neat and good animation loved Shirayuki from the first moment and her voice is
perfect on her character.

Zen is like any other prince you see in fairy tales, that Raj sure was annoying I was
thinking of dropping the show if they dragged it for half season with Raj but im so glad that they did the most rational decesion.
Sep 9, 2019 2:14 AM

Apr 2017
Solid first episode! Gorgeous scenery and I loved the introduction of the characters. Shirayuki stands up for herself and the way her and Zen put Raj in his place was perfect. Imagine accidentally poisoning the prince of a neighboring kingdom; no wonder Raj couldn't stand up after the reveal, heh.

Looking forward to seeing more of it!
Sep 19, 2019 12:47 AM
Dec 2017
Im fucking hype.. sooo cooool
Nov 3, 2019 2:53 AM

Dec 2015
People have been telling me to watch this for the longest time, so I decided it was finally time! The animation looks amazing, story is different, and I very much enjoy the characters; especially the chemistry between Shirayuki and Zen. Looking forward to more!
Apr 18, 2020 1:08 AM
Mar 2019
the first episode is so good, and saori hayami's voice is very angelic as ever.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 19, 2020 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
I'm rewatching this series during quarantine. I feel like I wasn't in the proper mindset to enjoy it before, back in 2015. I had qualms about it being too shoujo or whatnot but now I appreciate it more now, even the "cheesy jokes" that I complained about before are funnier now. I feel like mindset plays a huge role in how I enjoy a series overall.

I'm loving everything about it now.
臭い-
Apr 23, 2020 1:39 PM
Apr 2018
I think she decided awfully fast to abandon her home... cause what again? a guy with a sword claiming to speak for the prince showed up at her shop?
Aug 23, 2020 8:16 PM
Oct 2019
Her response to being told she was wanted as a concubine was to say she'd be an "embarrassment" because she's "a commoner"? Not because being a sex slave is bullshit? What shitty writing.

Why does he need the antidote if he built up tolerance and defeated those guards e while poisoned?

Idk, this show isn't off to a great start for me. I kind of like Shirayuki but I don't care for Zen much or their quickly evolving relationship. Everything just seems overly corny; rainbows and unicorns. I'll give it a second episode but I'm already thinking I'll drop this. Oh well. Can't all be winners.
HagePotPotatoAug 23, 2020 8:26 PM
Dec 23, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Rewatching Akagami no Shirayuki-hime now after a pretty long time and for a first episode, this was pretty simple but nice. The animation and artstyle isn't quite as beautiful and refined as the other anime with a redhead that I rewatched recently, Mahoutsukai no Yome by WIT Studio (that anime aired later too to be fair), but it still looks elegant and its beauty lies with its simplicity and bright colors. Some frames and little moments looked wonky but for the most part, it's a pretty looking show. Good music too to complement the aesthetic of the show.

And when it comes to the story, it was predictable but solid. Helps a lot that Shirayuki is the kind of female lead that instantly can win over the audience with her radiant personality, strong nature due to her desire for independence and working hard on her own to improve as a person, and beautiful looks with gorgeous red hair (she somehow looks amazing when the hair is long and short with no difference in quality). Zen's also a nice male lead, someone who is a nice person with a good heart but also someone who is willing to fight to protect others while being able to have fun and crack a joke around as someone who is considered royalty with incredibly high expectations from the kingdom. They have great chemistry from the first episode and that's what brings the show to life more than the luminous visuals and production. The charm is there.

Now that Shirayuki is off with Zen and his two friends Mitsuhide and Kiki while in Clarines, she's hopefully to going to enjoy a brand new adventure of her own life after being forced basically to vacate her homeland due to fears of her potentially being kidnapped again if she is on her own back where people know where she lives. With someone as bubbly as Zen with his personality, it should be a fun rollercoaster ride for her.

Overall, a good start. Nothing particularly unique or special or breathtaking, but the introduction is still a sweet, endearing, subtle and charming one without going too deep in the shoujo-styled comedy and tropes that I hate normally.
Jan 1, 2021 12:57 AM
Jan 2021
I love this "Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 1".
Mar 14, 2021 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Definitely watchable and even promising, but didn't quite catch me yet

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2021 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
Really good first episode, Shirayuki is so wholesome and cute, Zen is such a chad, and I hope they get to clown Raj some more down the line
Aug 4, 2021 12:29 PM

Jan 2021
I'm glad I haven't read the manga for this series, because this is looking like a really promising show so far, and a more tame, low-fantasy contrast to Rokka no Yuusha. That said, shoujo romance is very, very hit or miss for me. I either love them as much as Taiyou no Ie, Kimi ni Todoke, and Lovely complex, or hate them as much as... nearly everything else I've tried. If this dodges the usual pitfalls of the genre, I think we're in for a treat!

Also, is this story every red-head's fantasy, or what? ( ̄ー ̄)

"Ah, my hair is so rare and beautiful that my country's prince can't keep it in his pants! Guess I'll have to run away to a far-off land... where I'll meet another, better prince... and go on adventures... ROMANTIC adventures... *sigh*..."
CalmTeaTimeJan 9, 2022 10:54 AM
Jan 1, 2022 10:45 PM

Dec 2020
OH NOOOO i have a feeling that its gonna take a long time for me to finish this one. not because i hate it, quite the opposite actually. im already liking it so much that i dont want it to end, and its only the FIRST ep!!

a kind and caring fl, yet she likes to do things her own way and takes noo shit at all. ml who's free-spirited and wise. love the dynamic between them, and the other two of course! there's an idiot and a cool headed friend character.

main premise seems like such a cliche shoujo plot(prince meets a runaway commoner with no family/status, just kindness and he's quite fascinated by her) but how they carried it out was done so so well. im a sucker for shoujo overall but MAN is this gonna be good
Mar 2, 2022 9:03 AM

Aug 2018
First episode resolved so quickly you could watch this as single ep only lol.
May 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
Nice start for the first episode and it seems to be a really sweet love story. Also very appealing animation and I already like chemistry between Shirayuki and Zen as the main characters.

I'm pretty sure I will have my fun with this one.

Jul 30, 2022 10:23 PM

Dec 2020
Red is a unusual hair color?
Boi the other knight guy has turquoise hair and zen has white while still young lol
Aug 27, 2022 12:43 AM

Apr 2018
Been hearing about this anime from Tiktok. Decided to give this a shot. So far, it's pretty good :D!
Sep 12, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2016
Super cheesy, and things moved pretty quickly, but I felt this adapted the first chapter of the manga well.
Dec 23, 2022 2:48 AM

Sep 2019
I know this was going to be bad because I actually read the manga but damn this gets easy pass because tons of RL waifus watching it.I know it's subjective but nah Im not gonna waste my time with this there are countless other contents out there.
C6R5 Raiden
Dec 28, 2022 9:42 AM
May 2012
I haven't been this hype over an opening episode I've seen in years!!
Mar 19, 2023 1:58 PM

May 2020
"You didn't became my concubine.. how dare you. Now I'll chase you to the ends of the earth"

Man that prince was more of a clown rather than some douchebag lol. Though I liked what I watched. But still felt like a bit too much was cramped into this one but guess you can't do much when it's just like that in the source itself.

Again it may be a bit typical but fine. The visuals are quite mesmerizing too.
Jun 2, 2023 9:35 AM
Jan 2021
it seemed a bit rushed and cliche. also it seems like wisteria is j a default fantasy name cause its in like everything i see
Oct 3, 2023 12:32 AM
Oct 2023
I'm currently rewatching it because I watched it a few years ago, and I LOVE IT, It just reminds me of all the old Disney princess movies but mixed with an anime style and an amazing plot. :)
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 24, 2015

127 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 26, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.