Forum Settings
Forums

is it bad that i don't exactly have friends?

New
Jul 6, 2015 8:02 AM

Jan 2015
I just don't understand why most people are friends with each other when they're constantly bitching about each other to other people, I can't comprehend everything that happened during my school life and when I thought they'd get more maturer with age and stop slagging off one another even in College there was too much bitching, with every friend group I've been with they have always slagged off one another. After my first group of friends who I hanged with, I become a drifter and now I just can't seem to make friends idk what's wrong with me lol, if anyone actually reads this I'd like to know if there's something wrong with me or...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 6, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
No.

You don't need friends. I only have one, and we only hang out roughly 3 times a year, because we'd probably hate each others guts if we spent any more time around each other.

Being by yourself I find, is much more productive, and the hobbies you can take up are endless.

Jul 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
My boyfriend calls my dick a clit when he's fucking my boy pussy.

well shit isn't that nice, ty
Jul 6, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Nah everyone eventually learns to separate from friends, it always happens at some point.

Interrrrrpetgyu said:

Whats wrong with you? is this some attempt at getting banned.

Try harder.
Jul 6, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2014
Unless you want friends I don't really see the problem OP
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Damn
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 6, 2015 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
You don't have to make friends, the one you need is acquintances.

Interrrrrpetgyu said:

Wat?
Jul 6, 2015 8:13 AM
Feb 2014
If you're truly happy this way, it's fine with me. Just whatever you do, don't criticize other people for having friends while you don't. Difference between a satisfied person and one who is not.
Jul 6, 2015 8:14 AM
May 2009
No. You don't need a lot of friends.
Just a lot of connections to get you to the top in life.
Alot of information to blackmail people with
Jul 6, 2015 8:14 AM
May 2015
Friends aren't necessary so long as you're perfectly happy without them.
Jul 6, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
you can still be friends with someone despite not liking parts of them, isn't that why they are a friend? because the good outweighs the bad with them. you can bitch and moan about them but at the end of the day they are your friend. friendship ain't as pure as it is displayed in anime yo. i think you might be expecting a little too much of it.
Working_Designs said:
No.

You don't need friends. I only have one, and we only hang out roughly 3 times a year, because we'd probably hate each others guts if we spent any more time around each other.

Being by yourself I find, is much more productive, and the hobbies you can take up are endless.

don't become like this, this is shunning friendship just because. you can be productive and have as many hobbies as you want even if you have friends, infact, having friends allows for even more hobbies. you can't do or play some things alone or it certainly ain't as fun.

it ain't bad that you don't have friends. just keep trying. don't buy into the shit that they are worthless and you should just spend your life alone. if you want to be alone then fair enough but this is obviously troubling you since you made a thread about it.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 6, 2015 8:29 AM

Jun 2014
Vexper said:
you can still be friends with someone despite not liking parts of them, isn't that why they are a friend? because the good outweighs the bad with them. you can bitch and moan about them but at the end of the day they are your friend. friendship ain't as pure as it is displayed in anime yo. i think you might be expecting a little too much of it.
Working_Designs said:
No.

don't become like this, this is shunning friendship just because. you can be productive and have as many hobbies as you want even if you have friends, infact, having friends allows for even more hobbies. you can't do or play some things alone or it certainly ain't as fun.

it ain't bad that you don't have friends. just keep trying. don't buy into the shit that they are worthless and you should just spend your life alone. if you want to be alone then fair enough but this is obviously troubling you since you made a thread about it.

You have a problem with me, little girl? Some of us prefer to do things alone, all the time. People hinder me.

Jul 6, 2015 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
friends are overrated mostly anyway
huh
Jul 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
I think it is good to have friends, but not having any isn't something to be ashamed of. Friends should be people you like to talk to and do things with, but for a lot of people 'friends' are just the people they group themselves with, and they don't really like them. It is good that you are willing to reject 'friends' you don't like, but don't stop trying to find real friends or eventually you might start feeling lonely or need help from someone but have no one you can trust.
I don't have a signature.
Jul 6, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2015
Nope as long as you're happy then it's fine. I only have a couple of really close friends and the rest I see them every now and then. But somethings in life you can't achieve by yourself you'll need other people to lend you a hand. I guess your family is there for you to support at you at those times.
Jul 6, 2015 8:36 AM

Sep 2014
It's only a problem if you feel it is. Don't let others make you feel bad about it.

I don't exactly have friends either and to be honest, I'm fine with it.
Most stuff I like is done alone (or with people over the internet) anyway, and I have some acquaintances to go for a drink with when I really feel like it (which is rare).
Jul 6, 2015 8:37 AM
Jun 2014
clit said:
if anyone actually reads this I'd like to know if there's something wrong with me or...

It's because people know all you care about is your stupid clit.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 6, 2015 8:38 AM

Jul 2014
His name though.

Jul 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Vexper said:
Working_Designs said:
No.

That's correct, it worries me now, I'm just not able to trust others. I was quite popular during school, but I was never close to anyone... I would just smile, make jokes, make others laugh and drift around each group of people. Everyone would say I'm like a mother of the year group, I never spoke to them outside of school though, I never found anyone with the same interests/hobbies as me.
Jul 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2013
Working_Designs said:
Working_Designs said:
No.

You have a problem with me, little girl? Some of us prefer to do things alone, all the time. People hinder me.

a swimming pool of coffee ain't as bitter as that initial statement.

Projecting won't help her situation. this little girl agrees that some people prefer to do stuff alone. but telling her she doesn't need friends and going on to provide a gorgeous anecdote on how strained your sole friendship isn't really suggestive of a hopeful nor experienced outlook. friends are not needed, but they can make life a lot more fun.

i prefer to do lots of stuff alone, but there's stuff i prefer to do with friends too. works both ways. people can hinder you either way. shunning one opportunity and embracing another when the outcome can be more or less the same if you embrace them both is just negative in my eyes. friends don't dictate your life or limit you in any way unless you let them.

OP wants to know if there's anything wrong with them for not having friends. they aren't asking if they're better off alone. they are admittedly trying to make friends.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 6, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
Lash_ said:
clit said:
if anyone actually reads this I'd like to know if there's something wrong with me or...

It's because people know all you care about is your stupid clit.

right, when I don't actually interact with others so I've not had time to do such superficial things. I'm not interested in such stuff, I just thought it'd make an interesting username.
Jul 6, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
Nah, "bad" and "good" are subjective anyway, and in my subjective opinion at least, there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't really have any friends either, not any-more. Aside from randoms and acquaintances I talk to online, I can literally go an entire weekend not talking to a single person, if I choose to spend that weekend just lounging around indoors watching anime and playing video games.

If you're fine in your own company, I wouldn't worry about it. If you actually do want to hang out with others from time to time, try finding like-minded people, which is a lot easier said than done. You'll obviously have much better luck searching online, but then of course, you won't actually be able to hang out with your online friends, not in the same sense as you would with a real life buddy anyway.
Jul 6, 2015 8:54 AM

Jan 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
Nah, "bad" and "good" are subjective anyway, and in my subjective opinion at least, there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't really have any friends either, not any-more. Aside from randoms and acquaintances I talk to online, I can literally go an entire weekend not talking to a single person, if I choose to spend that weekend just lounging around indoors watching anime and playing video games.

If you're fine in your own company, I wouldn't worry about it. If you actually do want to hang out with others from time to time, try finding like-minded people, which is a lot easier said than done. You'll obviously have much better luck searching online, but then of course, you won't actually be able to hang out with your online friends, not in the same sense as you would with a real life buddy anyway.

Thank you and yes, I'm hoping that eventually I'll gain friends it's just at this stage it's quite impossible. Maybe in another 5 years time lmao
Jul 6, 2015 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
Life generally pushes you into your own lifestyle anyway. Most people I knew have naturally drifted away from hanging about with friends to professional careers, home owning and getting married. You find once you start working, getting your life in order you have less and less time to hang out like teenagers.
Jul 6, 2015 9:02 AM

Mar 2014
I judge my friends as I judge humans in general:
1. Knowledge.
2. Piety.

And solely for those two: I sometimes prefer my online friends over my real life ones even though, I'm flooding with friends everywhere. Friends that you can actually count on. I remember a test I did on my friends last year, I told them that I have a very hot girlfriend. Majority of them said "Stop kidding yourself'' and the remaining said ''Who's the lucky girl?". Now, we were in a total casual mood. The mood where everyone tends to forget his 'character' or any 'courtesies'. That was the perfect time to launch this test. The few who asked ''Who's the lucky girl?'' were the ones I knew I would want to 'lean on' not just 'count on'. Even though, I'm a self-reliant person and I've hardly relied on anyone in my life.

Friends are just humans you get to form a connection with. To judge their worth, judge their character. The only good friend is a friend from whom you learn something. Who's always there to help you with the purest of his intentions. That's it.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 6, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2011
Friends with benefits are pretty great
Jul 6, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2012
Anna_Cats said:
Jul 6, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
UniQBlade said:
Anna_Cats said:

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 6, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2015
2-methylgeniol said:
1. Knowledge.
2. Piety.

And solely for those two: I sometimes prefer my online friends over my real life ones even though, I'm flooding with friends everywhere. Friends that you can actually count on. I remember a test I did on my friends last year, I told them that I have a very hot girlfriend. Majority of them said "Stop kidding yourself'' and the remaining said ''Who's the lucky girl?". Now, we were in a total casual mood. The mood where everyone tends to forget his 'character' or any 'courtesies'. That was the perfect time to launch this test. The few who asked ''Who's the lucky girl?'' were the ones I knew I would want to 'lean on' not just 'count on'. Even though, I'm a self-reliant person and I've hardly relied on anyone in my life.

Friends are just humans you get to form a connection with. To judge their worth, judge their character. The only good friend is a friend from whom you learn something. Who's always there to help you with the purest of his intentions. That's it.

That was quite an exciting way to go around it, thank you.
Jul 6, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
If you don't have any friends, then you are socially retarded.

Unless you moved to a new place and are beginning fresh, there are no excuses.
Jul 6, 2015 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
Gov said:

Thank you. I appreciate your thought.

but i'm not socially retarded lmfao
Jul 6, 2015 9:16 AM
Oct 2014
Nothing's wrong with you, but I think that having a friend is very important. I tend to isolate myself too, I can live in my own bubble for weeks, and I act my role as the lone wolf pretty well. But I am actually very glad to have friends, even if they have annoying traits, and I know that they get annoyed by me too. It's one thing to spend a week alone, or a month, but think about spending 10 years alone. No I think that we need a social life in the end.

Jul 6, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2014
Gov said:

if you write posts like that you are an idiot

unless you are mentally disabled, there are no excuses
Jul 6, 2015 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
There is nothing wrong with you. There is no requirement that says you have to have friends. Maybe when you get a little older people around you will mature more. Don't expect too much though
Jul 6, 2015 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
True, it's not necessary to have friends. However do you really think you can get through life all by yourself? At some point in your life you'll need help from other people and random strangers won't offer that help, friends will. I only have a few close friends and when I was hospitalized before my final exams they helped keep track of the work I was missing out on in class by sharing their notes. I would've failed my exams if it wasn't for them or would've had to take my exams the following year (due to extraneous circumstances). Just to give an example.

If you can, try make friends when you feel comfortable. Choose them carefully. Then you won't experience any bitching etc
gagsmasterJul 6, 2015 9:28 AM
Jul 6, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2015
It's okay to have no friends but one would be good enough. I have the idea you are an anti-social guy. You should look for some good friends. I could be your friend if you want, I have a teamspeak server for my mc server so you can hop on there. PM me if you want to know the ip. I'm not here to advertise I think everyone should have at least one friend. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Jul 6, 2015 9:51 AM

Mar 2014
Daconator said:
I do think there's something wrong with you. Not the lack of friends necessarily, actually, my impression is it's something else underlying.

~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 6, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2014
Well if you want a job like acting or really anything that requires you to interact with other people you're kinda fucked.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 6, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Make friends
Jul 6, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
v8 said:
Make friends
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
You don't really have to have friends if you don't like shit that friends can do to each other, but have at least some casual acquaintances with whom you can strike up conversations from time to time.
I believe it's not a hard thing to do and it keeps your social skills from getting rusty.
Jul 6, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
Most likely.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 6, 2015 12:31 PM

Oct 2012
2-methylgeniol said:
1. Knowledge.
2. Piety.

And solely for those two: I sometimes prefer my online friends over my real life ones even though, I'm flooding with friends everywhere. Friends that you can actually count on. I remember a test I did on my friends last year, I told them that I have a very hot girlfriend. Majority of them said "Stop kidding yourself'' and the remaining said ''Who's the lucky girl?". Now, we were in a total casual mood. The mood where everyone tends to forget his 'character' or any 'courtesies'. That was the perfect time to launch this test. The few who asked ''Who's the lucky girl?'' were the ones I knew I would want to 'lean on' not just 'count on'.
That's such a ridiculous outlook. The last time I've seen that kind of game played was with teenage girls.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 6, 2015 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
clit said:
Interrrrrpetgyu said:

well shit isn't that nice, ty

LOL your name.
Jul 6, 2015 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
katsucats said:
2-methylgeniol said:
1. Knowledge.
2. Piety.

And solely for those two: I sometimes prefer my online friends over my real life ones even though, I'm flooding with friends everywhere. Friends that you can actually count on. I remember a test I did on my friends last year, I told them that I have a very hot girlfriend. Majority of them said "Stop kidding yourself'' and the remaining said ''Who's the lucky girl?". Now, we were in a total casual mood. The mood where everyone tends to forget his 'character' or any 'courtesies'. That was the perfect time to launch this test. The few who asked ''Who's the lucky girl?'' were the ones I knew I would want to 'lean on' not just 'count on'.
That's such a ridiculous outlook. The last time I've seen that kind of game played was with teenage girls.

If it worked, then fuck your theories.

It was just a small 'game'. I'm calling it a 'test' because that's exactly what it turned out to be.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 6, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2012
Its easy to make friends but getting close to them is hard and actually keeping up the relationship. I like to be social to point but whenever I'm at home, I'd like to be left alone. Having one or two close friends is enough for me.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jul 6, 2015 12:49 PM

Jun 2014
v8 said:
Make friends
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 6, 2015 12:55 PM

Dec 2010
Dojourei said:
His name though.

Perv.
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Jul 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
clit said:
I just don't understand why most people are friends with each other when they're constantly bitching about each other to other people, I can't comprehend everything that happened during my school life and when I thought they'd get more maturer with age and stop slagging off one another even in College there was too much bitching, with every friend group I've been with they have always slagged off one another. After my first group of friends who I hanged with, I become a drifter and now I just can't seem to make friends idk what's wrong with me lol, if anyone actually reads this I'd like to know if there's something wrong with me or...

I am the exact same way... So uh, yeah...
There is probably something very much wrong with you.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jul 6, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
Friends are healthy for competition among each other. They are and should be a driving force in your life whether it be ideals, opportunities or goals. The main thing you need to confirm with yourself is "are you happy", do you have ambition, of course anime can easily replace friends because you kind of learn a lot. Even if you don't have a need for friends they can sure be used as a tool for what ever goals you want to reach for example finding more potential mates through exposure. Of course having friends usually means all the drama and bitching but in the end it toughens your skin and guides you through maturity in the social world. The social world would label you as a "loser" but its okay as long as your a happy loser content with your accomplishments who cares what others label you. From the outside perspective its bad, for you it depends how much you care about other opinions. I personally think since we are social creatures to have friends is to be more human for good or bad, i want to experience the fullest of human emotions without breaking the law.
DezraJul 6, 2015 1:47 PM
Jul 6, 2015 1:53 PM

Sep 2012
You're fine. Just sounds like you're disillusioned with friendship and don't know who to trust.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
8 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

17 by ISeeLifePeople »»
10 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.