Forum Settings
Forums

Is "alter ego" exist IRL? (not in the internet)

New
Jul 5, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2015
Recently I found some of the characters from animes I watched for having alter ego in their personality, and get interested into it. According to this thread, Alter ego can be described as "another I". I wonder if this phenomenon happened IRL (in public, NOT in the internet)

So, what is your opinion? Is alter ego really exist?
Jul 5, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
Suikomaru said:
Is alter ego really exist?

Why do you talk like a Russian?
Jul 5, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
The concept existed long before the internet, so of course.
Jul 5, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
MidnightLPA said:
Suikomaru said:
Is alter ego really exist?

Why do you talk like a pedantic retard?
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 5, 2015 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
Open-Dice said:
MidnightLPA said:

Why do you talk like a pedantic retard?I'm a butt-hurt cunt

Fixed
Jul 5, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2015
MidnightLPA said:
Open-Dice said:

Fixed
Can you at least discuss here? And I don't think I'm talking like a Russian...
Jul 5, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2015
More like DOD (dissociative idendity disorder) or MPD (Multiple personality disorder).It really exist and there are people suffering from this disorder.They have different personalities (or to say different persons) in one body.One cannot remember the actions of other personalities.They are mentally unstable.

P.S. I've seen one irl.They're like Dr jekyll and mr Hyde.
Jul 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Jun 2015
A person has many alter-egos that are not clearly delineated like in anime, where you just suddenly switch or put a mask on. NickyCharisma's "alter ego" is just an arbitrary label: I'm willing to bet that part of his real life personality shines through NickyCharisma, and part of NickyCharisma shines through his real life. It is obvious though that we all have different game faces for different situations: How you would act in front of your parents is different than how you would act when you're with your best friends, and how you would act at a business meeting. These are all undoubtedly parts of your personality, but they are separate.

I don't think alter ego necessarily means that you are bipolar, schizophrenic, like Jekyll and Hyde, but that you approach different situations with a different attitude and behavior.
Jul 5, 2015 12:29 PM
Apr 2014
MidnightLPA said:
Open-Dice said:
Fixed
lol
Jul 5, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2015
clintonmadara said:
More like DOD (dissociative idendity disorder) or MPD (Multiple personality disorder).It really exist and there are people suffering from this disorder.They have different personalities (or to say different persons) in one body.One cannot remember the actions of other personalities.They are mentally unstable.

IWubYou said:
A person has many alter-egos that are not clearly delineated like in anime, where you just suddenly switch or put a mask on. NickyCharisma's "alter ego" is just an arbitrary label: I'm willing to bet that part of his real life personality shines through NickyCharisma, and part of NickyCharisma shines through his real life. It is obvious though that we all have different game faces for different situations: How you would act in front of your parents is different than how you would act when you're with your best friends, and how you would act at a business meeting. These are all undoubtedly parts of your personality, but they are separate.

I don't think alter ego necessarily means that you are bipolar, schizophrenic, like Jekyll and Hyde, but that you approach different situations with a different attitude and behavior.
Interesting though...

Is there any cause of alter ego itself? Or is it purely natural?
Jul 5, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2015
Suikomaru said:
I'd say it's just conforming to different expectations. It's natural IMO.
Jul 5, 2015 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
IWubYou said:
Suikomaru said:

I think an alter ego is simply a way to be someone else. If you behave differently depending on who you interact with, than you are exhibiting an alter ego. It is "natural" and we all have one. I believe a more fitting question may have been: "What is your alter ego?"
Jul 5, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2015
MidnightLPA said:
IWubYou said:

I think an alter ego is simply a way to be someone else. If you behave differently depending on who you interact with, than you are exhibiting an alter ego. It is "natural" and we all have one. I believe a more fitting question may have been: "What is your alter ego?"
Pretty much...

All that I fear the most is if the person's ego changed in the wrong place at the wrong time...
Jul 5, 2015 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
MidnightLPA said:
Open-Dice said:

Fixed

lmao
Jul 5, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
MidnightLPA said:
Open-Dice said:

Fixed

Jul 5, 2015 2:02 PM

Feb 2015
Of course it exists in real life.
Jul 5, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2015
devinder said:
Of course it exists in real life.
Proof? Explanations? At least share one... (besides quoting)
CouranosJul 5, 2015 2:31 PM
Jul 5, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
Spooks_McBones said:
MidnightLPA said:

Fixed

Is grammar exist IRL?
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 5, 2015 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah it definitely exists. Like some other users said, there are a couple of disorders dealing with this. I think it's pretty interesting. 2 people in one package, a lot could happen
Jul 5, 2015 2:38 PM

May 2009
clintonmadara said:

With regard to DID, some alters can share a common memory pool. I think DID is often caused by unbearably traumatic experiences.
Jul 5, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
Ofc alter egos exist irl.

Ppl hav different views of wut it exactly is

It's a person that ppl create within themselves and relate to the person in terms of making it an ideal.

Usually, ppl who haven’t been able to do wut they always wanted to do in life hav an alter ego. They seem to live in their dreams and hav a life of wut they had always wanted. They imagine themselves in the world of their dreams and reach their goals with the hlp of this alter ego. Most of the times the interest of the person and their alter ego are the same and they try to develop it in their own manner.

Having an alter ego at times can be beneficial provided it "doesn't get out of control." It gives someone "a sense of completeness." :P

An example would be like Clark Kent being the alter ego of Superman.
MurauJul 5, 2015 3:07 PM
Jul 5, 2015 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
[center]I can't contain my edge the demon anymore!
VoltiiJul 5, 2015 3:08 PM

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 5, 2015 3:02 PM

Sep 2014
yep. i have a side of me that replicates a black man from the hood and a side of me that's a complete nerd '-'
Jul 5, 2015 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
Exist as halucination
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Jul 5, 2015 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
At night I become the cannibal Shia LaBeouf
Jul 5, 2015 11:48 PM

May 2015
Caeca said:
clintonmadara said:

With regard to DID, some alters can share a common memory pool. I think DID is often caused by unbearably traumatic experiences.

yes,traumatic experiences,depression or stress.Its a psychological disorder.But sometimes the causes are unknown.

More topics from this board

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

46 by Malkshake »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 58 minutes ago

4 by Crystepsi »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 10 hours ago

15 by pludel2 »»
19 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

73 by pludel2 »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

22 by Rhaelynne »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.