Forum Settings
Forums

Help out please, I'm searching for tons of different animes and your top 3 animes.

New
Jul 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
*le derp jumps into the topic, making a huge edit*

Hello, I'm kinda new to anime, I only watched about 100 of them, and well almost all of them are pretty popular, so I kind of had a hard time finding new good ones, then I found out about MAL community, and I joined few days ago, I got tons of animes on PTW from my last post and of others topics aswell of "Top Animes: Most Popular" thingy, but I'm still looking for more. I hope I gonna get good amount of animes to watch and enjoy them, have a lovely day and thanks for all the replies :)

1. First of all, I'm looking for your opinion of YOUR top 5 animes, please try to give me ones I didn't watch and someone didn't recommend already.

2. I'm looking for anime like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Code Geass, Tokyo Ghoul and epic animes as such, but with romance. but I'm still looking for ones like them without aswell [Ik Code Geass had romance, but he didn't even pick a girl, and it's really low IMO]

3. [NOT YAOI] Looking for animes with Bromance [Two dudes being together all the time, best friends and possibly if it can be action, they fight together], basically something like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Al and Ed are together all the time (I know they are brothers, it doesn't matter are they brothers or friends to me, just so they go and do crap together)

4. Looking for Supernatural/Fantasy/Demonic/Knights/Swordfighting/Magic/Ghosts type of animes, can be With and Without romance, but I prefer them with romance, and Main Character doesn't have to be OP, just so it doesn't have abnormally,stupid,weak,phatetic one it's fine.

Notes:
- Art / Graphics mustn't be bad / old ones.
- Try not to recommend same anime as someone else, I'll check every one of them, +1 won't do me any help nor will it make any difference for me.

Thanks for the future replies :) I really do appreciate them.

*le derp waves at u*
FostahJul 6, 2015 9:01 AM
Jul 5, 2015 10:12 AM

Feb 2013
one piece is good, but it takes ages to get to the awesome parts, since it runs for over 15 years now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chV6DSBeI7k (amv about hte best one piece arc)

steins gate is awesome from your list ^^
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 5, 2015 10:22 AM

Jan 2011
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (favorite)
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas - Meiou Shinwa (action)
Hotaru no Haka (drama)
Monster (mystery)
Perfect Blue (psychological)
Kotonoha no Niwa (romance)
Steins Gate (sci fi)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (mecha)
Jul 5, 2015 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
Shaman King
Steins; Gate
Psycho-Pass

ASAP

Edit: D-Gray Man is worth your time. OP on the other hand... just don't bother with it.
Jul 5, 2015 10:50 AM

May 2012
YES YOU SHOULD WATCH ONE PIECE.

Here's my Top 3 anime:
One Piece
Gintama
Hunter x Hunter 2011

Top 3 From your PTW List:
Steins;Gate
One Outs
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

then:

Beelzebub
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Log Horizon
Psycho-Pass
Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
Jul 5, 2015 11:44 AM
Jul 2015
Steins;Gate, definitely. Why is it good? Despite its slightly slow start, it has loads of mystery, plot twists, comedy, sci-fi, emotion and a romance sub-plot. If you like those, you'll love Steins;Gate.
Jul 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions, still looking for more of yours favorite animes doe, will be watching the D-Gray Man, but OP seems too long, and I couldn't really get into it :/ By the way you guys know any anime with bromance(like really good friends who help out each other and Hang out, not yaoi doe) possibly with action.
Jul 5, 2015 11:56 AM
Feb 2015
I highly reccomend Kill La Kill from your list. Evangelion is good if you are in the mood for something more thought provoking.
Jul 5, 2015 11:59 AM

Dec 2013
Some of my favorite anime aren't on your list

Off your PTW in order of preference:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood(top 3 anime ever IMO, 10/10)
Steins;Gate(Top 5 anime ever IMO, 10/10)
Samurai Champloo(Top 10, 10/10)
Psycho Pass(9/10)
Baccano!(8/10)

Not on your list in order of preference:
Trigun(top 5, 10/10)
Cowboy Bebop(top 10, 10/10)
Bakemonogatari(9/10)
Death Parade(9/10)

FMAB isn't bromance I guess because the two MCs are brothers so I guess that doesn't count but they're extremely close. Bromance later on in Trigun
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
One Piece is the best ongoing shounen anime series around, so yes.

Ergo Proxy
Phantom
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 5, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2015
Gonna start with FMAB and Steins Gate, thanks for all the replies, still looking for more opinions/suggestions.
Jul 6, 2015 1:35 AM

Jul 2015
Bump :)
Jul 6, 2015 2:00 AM

Jan 2014
Here's a few of my favorites
Ergo Proxy
Steins;Gate
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Zetsuen no Tempest
Hellsing Ultimate
Cowboy Bebop
And as far as your PTW
Samurai Champloo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Bakemonogatari
Kyoukai no Kanata
Jul 6, 2015 2:13 AM

Oct 2014
Your PTW:

Steins;Gate -- Rather boring until episode 5. Ep. 6 boring again. Anime only really begins ep. 7, really.
Shakugan no Shana II -- 'Cause you did 1st season. Some stretches with little action as they tend to work on the character relations a bit. Still some good battles.

Bromancy with action:

Peace Maker --Getting older, a bit goofy (but has a few serious bits). Runt of a mc kind of annoying but offset by the other characters.

Some new stuff for you that I really liked:

+1 Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (LotGH) -- Also bromancy in a military way.
Space battleship Yamato 2199 -- Somewhat bromancy with 2 mc's.
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen (Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal) -- A masterpiece 'nuff said.[/url]
Nodame Cantabile -- Geez the music. Also funny with romance.
Maria-sama ga Miteru -- Best shoujo-ai yet yuri is mostly absent. More about deep friendships.
Girls und Panzer -- Best cute girls doing stuff anime and even has some tank action.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Jul 6, 2015 2:35 AM

Nov 2014
Bakemonogatari: witty dialog, stylish art, fan service.

Ergo Proxy: psychological sci-fi that's not afraid of taking creative risks.

Kill la Kill: over-the-top fun.

Texhnolyze: great cure for insomnia.
Jul 6, 2015 3:28 AM

Jun 2014
aikaflip said:
Texhnolyze: great cure for insomnia.

+1
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 6, 2015 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Steins;Gate
Zankyou no Terror

^are the ones I would watch from your PTW.

Animes I would love to suggest:

07-Ghost
Another
Anohana
Bleach
Chuunibyou
Clannad
Elfen Lied
Fate/Zero
Free! 2nd season (why have you watched only season 1? o.o)
Hyouka
K-On!!
Lucky☆Star
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Shinsekai yori
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna
Steins;Gate
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (this anime's movie is like one of the best anime movies EVER made. a must watch.)
Zankyou no Terror
Jul 6, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks for all the suggestions, currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and I'm loving it,BTW does it have romance, and if no does anyone know as good mecha or supernatural romance anime?

RyukSai said:
Steins;Gate
Zankyou no Terror

^are the ones I would watch from your PTW.

Animes I would love to suggest:

07-Ghost
Another
Anohana
Bleach
Chuunibyou
Clannad
Elfen Lied
Fate/Zero
Free! 2nd season (why have you watched only season 1? o.o)
Hyouka
K-On!!
Lucky☆Star
Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Shinsekai yori
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna
Steins;Gate
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (this anime's movie is like one of the best anime movies EVER made. a must watch.)
Zankyou no Terror

Wow that's a lot, ty, BTW didn't know there is season 2 of Free lel, kinda forgot to check :p
Jul 6, 2015 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Bumpy bump, edit has been made.
Jul 6, 2015 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
I hope this will help you out, somehow ^^

My numer one favorite Anime of all time is Kuroshitsuji, also known as Black Butler. Seriously, I love everything about this Anime! If the animation feels too old, try only watching book of circus, it does a good job introducing newbies to the series ^^

If you like Anime with a kinda mysterious atmosphere to them, K also known as K-Project might be an Anime for you. It happens to be my second favorite ;) I watched it in one day //^.^

Dance in the Vampire Bund may also fit your descriptions.

And I highly recommend Gosick! This one may have the most romance of those that I wrote down up to now ;)

You might also enjoy Trinity Blood.Even though I am not too sure if there is any romance there.

I do not tend to watch Anime with a lot of romance, sorry >.<
I hope, I have been of some help nevertheless (:
Jul 6, 2015 10:32 PM

Jul 2015
Ty, it'll help, I'll check them out today :)

*bumpy bump*
Jul 6, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2014
Zankyou no Terror,maybe ?
It's simmilar to Code Geass and Death Note. :)
Jul 6, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2015
JanaPlex said:
Zankyou no Terror,maybe ?
It's simmilar to Code Geass and Death Note. :)

It's in my PTW list, when I finish FMAB, gonna watch it because I literally loved Code Geass and Death Note :3
Jul 7, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 2014
I second everything positive said about Cowboy Bebop. It has camaraderie amongst the crew, plenty of action, great visuals and excellent music. Although it doesn't have a romance story of significant emphasis, it does have traces of unrequited love and past love.

As far as a possible mecha (that has romance), I might try Gundam 00 or Gundam Seed. Both are pretty good. Seed has more romance, but is also much longer. Both, however, have plenty of action and the animation is good for both.

I would also highly recommend Ghost in the Shell: SAC. It may not be the best rec based on your stipulations, but I think it fits in nicely with your top anime.
Jul 7, 2015 12:57 AM
Jun 2015
Perfect Blue (psychological)
Kotonoha no Niwa (romance)
Steins Gate (sci fi)
Jul 7, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll make sure to check everything out. Suggestions are still welcome :)
Jul 7, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Nagi no Asukara
Jul 7, 2015 11:18 AM

Jan 2015
Hey, Fostah. It seems you haven't seen any of my top 5 anime!

Steins;Gate
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Bakemonogatari (pretty much the Monogatari series in general)
Nagi no Asukara
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

You posted earlier that you wanted a good mecha anime, so Gurren Lagann will hopefully satisfy you there. You also said you wanted supernatural romance anime, right? Well, then I would recommend: Anohana, Nagi no Asukara, Clannad, and Clannad: After Story. They all lean more towards supernatural drama, but romance is still very present.

I saw that you dropped Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Fairy Tail, so I really don't think you'll like D.Gray-man very much. It looks like long running battle shounen series just isn't your thing, but D.Gray-man is great, in my opinion. It has a slow start, but it gets better as it goes on.
Jul 7, 2015 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Appears most people are recommending relatively newer stuff. So Ill recommend some of my older favorites. Also FMA Brotherhood like everyone else echoed is a fantastic series. Most of my favorite shows came out in the mid-2000s so Ill recommend five of my favorites.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2006) - Slice of life sci-fi with comedy and some romance elements
Full Metal Panic! and its Sequel (2002; 2005) - Military drama, comedy, romance, school
Black Lagoon (2006) - Action primarily, but also some philosophical/psychological moments
Neon Genesis Evangelion (original series 1995) and the movie reboots - Mecha psychological, with some romance
And Ill throw Gundam Seed in there (2002) - Mecha, military, sci-fi with some romance elements. This was a bit different than the other gundams, but I thought the characters were pretty well-done - animation is not that good though as a headsup.
Jul 7, 2015 11:42 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks for the suggestions, I really do appreciate them. I'll probably drop D Gray Man aswell, I'm just not into these long running shows, The longest anime I watched is FMA:B[64 episodes], not counting the animes I watched long time ago /Yugioh,Pokemon,Naruto/ when I didn't even know for these other animes lel.

I'm getting into Steins:Gate after I finish FMA:B, only 20 more episodes, most of the people say it's amazing and other half says it's boring as hell first 10 episodes and gets really good then, but will give it a try, even doe I'm a fan of a more fast-paced animes.

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

13 by BenjaminJunior »»
32 minutes ago

» Help finding a Manga

mikemike25251 - 2 hours ago

0 by mikemike25251 »»
2 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
6 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
6 hours ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.