Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
Personally I think it's wrong to physically hit a child because he or she is being misbehaved, I believe a different approach is necessary to reach them.What are your guys opinion on the matter?
ssjtkJul 5, 2015 10:11 AM
Thinking of you, wherever you are.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2015 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah, it's wrong.
Jul 5, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
ssjtk said:
Personally I think it's wrong to physically hit a child because he or she is being behaved

Jul 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
I was spanked when I was little. I was terribly misbehaved, and I doubt much else would've straightened me out. I love both of my parents more than anything, I believe they did what they felt was necessary and don't condemn their actions. That said, I dont want to spank my children, but then again, I doubt that anyone does.
Jul 5, 2015 10:08 AM

Jun 2014
This is 2015, and here in North America, you don't strike your child, unless you want it taken from you.

Jul 5, 2015 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
Working_Designs said:
This is 2015, and here in North America, you don't strike your child, unless you want it taken from you.

True that, true that
Thinking of you, wherever you are.
Jul 5, 2015 10:10 AM
Jul 2014
Unnecessary, I was brought up without being beaten.

To me beating a child looks like lazy parenting (of course, it's more than that).
Jul 5, 2015 10:11 AM
Mar 2014
Depends some times kids just won't listen untill u give them a litle slap.
Jul 5, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
They shouldn't
Jul 5, 2015 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
violence comes when words fail. beating your kid puts the idea into their head that resorting to violence can help them bend others to their will, or to get what they want. it can leave them fearful and unresponsive to you.

i got a good clip around the ear growing up when i was running my mouth and being a silly bastard. there's a limit though and most of it was just in jest. if you're seriously out to hurt your kid for him not responding to what you're asking of them then you're failing as a parent. it's lazy as hell.

you shouldn't need to 'beat sense' into them if you were there to bring them up with care in the first place.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 5, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Beating kids is never ok. Ever. It's bad parenting in my opinion.

This is actually one reason I was taken away from my birth mom and put into foster care. She actually beat us with a wooden paddle. But this was back in the 90s.
Jul 5, 2015 10:18 AM
Oct 2014
It's not only wrong, it's bad, and completely worthless unless life depends on it.

Jul 5, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
It is ok, kids are really annoying and they deserve that and more.
Jul 5, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2013

The cane intercept.

If you're too old to chase your kid around the house, use the handle of your cane to trip him if he tries to get away. When he gets up, poke him in the head a few times to let him know who's boss.

lol
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 5, 2015 10:27 AM
Jun 2014
I got hit a couple of times and look what it turned me into, A MAAAAN. Kids are raised to be too soft these days.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Feb 2015
Did you forget that you're raising animals?

Hit them if they misbehave.

This isn't just a Christian teaching. This is endorsed by Sun Tzu and teachers of many other nationalities.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 5, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
Positive reinforcement.
Jul 5, 2015 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
They just become those problem children if you do that, usually from broken homes to begin with.

I never got beat cuz im white and not of the trash variety. The only time I ever get beat is recently for like grades or something.
Jul 5, 2015 10:43 AM
Feb 2014
Still better than giving birth to them so they come in their 20s to enjoy 4chan, Reddit, MAL CD, etc.
Jul 5, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
I don't agree with physical punishment. Not really much else to add lol.

Jul 5, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
icirate said:
Did you forget that you're raising animals?

Hit them if they misbehave.

someone hide the dalmatians
Jul 5, 2015 10:53 AM
Jan 2015
Lash_ said:
Kids are raised to be too soft these days.

+1
Jul 5, 2015 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
I think its wrong, there are many better alternatives
Jul 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
That is how masochists and bullies are made.

damastah said:
Positive reinforcement.

^
Jul 5, 2015 11:07 AM
Sep 2014
You have to realize that anything and everything you do is wrong in the eyes of someone.
Jul 5, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
NorthBayAnime said:
You have to realize that anything and everything you do is wrong in the eyes of someone.
"the concept of evil and wrongdoing is a human construct!!!1!"

That doesn't mean we should be raping girls and killing black people like we did in the 1800s.
Jul 5, 2015 11:14 AM
Apr 2014
Well Hitler, Mao, Stalin and Saddam got beating as children. And those guys did become president. What can go wrong with beating you child?
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jul 5, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
A slap is sometimes necessary to discipline certain kids. There are parents who definitely take it too far though
Jul 5, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2014
You gotta fuck with their minds if you really want to traumatize them, physical pain is so last century.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 5, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
only type of beating that should happen is if they're in their 20's and off the rails and you have one of those deep no words fist fights with your father till you are both exhausted and reconnect with the feels.

at least thats what TV has taught me.
Jul 5, 2015 11:31 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck children...
I mean... not literally. But yeah, beat them till they can't move or cry any more. It's been working so far...
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jul 5, 2015 11:33 AM

May 2014
I think using physical force to punish a child is one step away from child abuse, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jul 5, 2015 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I got hit when I misbehaved I don't see anything wrong with it I was a asshole

But I guess it's different for some people because some don't learn from their mistakes.
Jul 5, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
So many pseudo-psychiatrists in this thread claiming beating a kid is tantamount to child abuse... oh whatever.

When words fail, beating is the way to go. A slap or two is enough to show the kid he's doing wrong. Why and how is he wrong - he'll figure that out later in his life. My father used to beat me up whenever I fucked some serious shit up. He never beat me when I broke something or lost something. But one time I lied to him, and then he dragged me through the whole street slapping the shit out of me. Of course, the 13 year old me almost wanted to kill his father. But now I want to thank him. For this is the only lesson that is embedded deep into my psyche - Don't be a liar.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
2-methylgeniol said:
When words fail, beating is the way to go.
You're pretty damn bad at communicating if you can't get the point across without hitting something. Do you beat more than children? Animals? Retards?

2-methylgeniol said:
Of course, the 13 year old me almost wanted to kill his father. But now I want to thank him.

You're pretty messed up dude.
Jul 5, 2015 11:50 AM

Nov 2013
2-methylgeniol said:
But one time I lied to him, and then he dragged me through the whole street slapping the shit out of me

But now I want to thank him.

you should write a book on how to raise kids like a terminator
Jul 5, 2015 11:51 AM

Mar 2014
Syrup- said:
2-methylgeniol said:
When words fail, beating is the way to go.
You're pretty damn bad at communicating if you can't get the point across without hitting something. Do you beat more than children? Animals? Retards?

2-methylgeniol said:
Of course, the 13 year old me almost wanted to kill his father. But now I want to thank him.

You're pretty messed up dude.

Thank you. I'm not sure if a kid would understand why lying is bad. Especially, when your lies get someone's life in danger.
Vexper said:
2-methylgeniol said:
But one time I lied to him, and then he dragged me through the whole street slapping the shit out of me

But now I want to thank him.

you should write a book on how to raise kids like a terminator

I will. And I'll make sure you read it.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
2-methylgeniol said:
Thank you. I'm not sure if a kid would understand why lying is bad. Especially, when your lies get someone's life in danger.
Why the fuck would your kid be lying in the first place? Physical communication is never productive.
Jul 5, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
2-methylgeniol said:

thanks dad, you're the best
Jul 5, 2015 11:54 AM

Mar 2014
Syrup- said:
2-methylgeniol said:
Why the fuck would your kid be lying in the first place? Physical communication is never productive.

Because kid doesn't know the difference. The kid doesn't know 'morality'.
Vexper said:
2-methylgeniol said:

thanks dad, you're the best

Arigatou motherfucker.
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
2-methylgeniol said:
Syrup- said:

If the kid can start telling lies malicious enough to warrant a slap, then he can also grasp the concept of morality. If you can teach him morality with a slap, then you can teach them with words. Hell, even any other form of punishment would work.
Jul 5, 2015 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
I've heard that it's illegal to whip your child but it's fine to spank them. Seems to make sense.
Jul 5, 2015 11:57 AM
Apr 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
I've heard that it's illegal to whip your child but it's fine to spank them. Seems to make sense.
You kidding? Whipping sounds much worse than spanking.
Jul 5, 2015 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Syrup- said:
2-methylgeniol said:

If the kid can start telling lies malicious enough to warrant a slap, then he can also grasp the concept of morality. If you can teach him morality with a slap, then you can teach them with words. Hell, even any other form of punishment would work.

Love how rational your post is.

Have you ever dealt with a kid?
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
2-methylgeniol said:

I have 3 nephews that are too young to communicate and deal with them regularly.

What is this supposed to prove? This is basic communication. It doesn't matter if it is a kid or not, hitting someone is pretty much proof you don't have the facilities up there to get your point across. You lose as soon as you do this.
Jul 5, 2015 12:00 PM

May 2015
No,you must beat them.
I'm glad i was beaten by my parents otherwise i would've never learned.But it depends entirely on them.If they beat us for doing wrong stuffs,i really don't mind.Its part of the learning process.
Jul 5, 2015 12:01 PM

Jun 2011
zombie_pegasus said:

Whipping (with an object) always seemed to be more painful than just a spank.

Jul 5, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
although i don't condone vicious assaults on children, some spankings at home are necessary to keep them in line. talking to them just goes in one ear and out the other.
Jul 5, 2015 12:04 PM

Mar 2014
Syrup- said:
2-methylgeniol said:

I have 3 nephews that are too young to communicate and deal with them regularly.

What is this supposed to prove? This is basic communication. It doesn't matter if it is a kid or not, hitting someone is pretty much proof you don't have the facilities up there to get your point across. You lose as soon as you do this.

Seems like you're getting the impression that by beating, I mean abuse. No, I don't.

They're your nephews. Not your wards. You haven't raised them, you don't know anything regarding it. You cannot explain the 'bigger' stuff to kids, if you can, either the kid is too intelligent or he's just lying to your face. This is another bullshit scam the utopia dreamers have been running, to keep the child disciplined, you have to use physical means at times.

"Spare the rod, spoil the child".
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
Taking their iPads is probably more effective than physical punishment nowadays.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

21 by Absurdo_N »»
1 minute ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - Apr 19

11 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

9 by cody »»
9 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

313 by Lightskynight »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 5 hours ago

11 by phantom346 »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.