Forum Settings
Forums

When you watch an anime with so much hype built around it but get disappointed ..

New
Jul 4, 2015 7:24 PM

Mar 2015
Attack on Titan for me. it was good but wasn't amazing.. not going to go into detail and start a fan war.
Toshi_Jul 4, 2015 8:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 4, 2015 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Madoka and Fate UBW for me.
Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM

Jun 2015
Honestly I find Durarara and Noragami boring
Jul 4, 2015 7:31 PM

Mar 2015
RoninXV said:
Honestly I find Durarara and Noragami boring

I dropped Durarara. so i kind of understand where you're coming from
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2014
Log Horizon 2.
Jul 4, 2015 7:36 PM

Apr 2014
DRRR
Bakemonogatari
Nichjiou
Kino no Tabi
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Jul 4, 2015 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
SAO and Nisekoi. I wasted my time to watch those shit.
Jul 4, 2015 7:41 PM

Jan 2015
Owari no seraph. First episode was good but the rest was kinda mehh. Still waiting for season 2 though

Jul 4, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2015
Karma_ said:
Shokugeki no Kyojin for me. it was good but wasn't amazing.. not going to go into detail and start a fan war.

You mean Shokugeki no Souma, Shingeki no Kyojin or both?
Jul 4, 2015 7:51 PM

Jun 2015
Guilty Crown
Jul 4, 2015 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
JpsKoji said:
Karma_ said:
Shokugeki no Kyojin for me. it was good but wasn't amazing.. not going to go into detail and start a fan war.

Since food wars is in his favorite list, he's probably talking about snk.
Jul 4, 2015 8:04 PM

Sep 2014
Attack in titan is such a disappointment. I couldn't even finish it....yet. I am still planning to finish it.... one day........ just one day.... hopefully
レムって、誰のこと?
Jul 4, 2015 8:13 PM

Mar 2015
JpsKoji said:
Karma_ said:

Holy shit i derped
i mean attack on titan lmao
Jul 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
I don't buy into hype very often, I guess maybe specifically the CA arc of HxH, people said it was amazing and I loathe it, its my least favorite arc in anime and I pretty much dropped HxH because the arc just got so tedious.
Jul 4, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
Damn I forgot to add NGNL. When it was airing people went on and on about how fun it was but I didn't find it fun at all more like annoying.
Jul 4, 2015 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
Heard many good things about OreGairu, am finding it incredibly dull. It doesn't help that Hachiman's outlook on life and relationships pisses me off.

I think I may just not be cut out for most realistic SoL.
Jul 4, 2015 8:36 PM

Jun 2014
Karma_ said:
not going to go into detail and start a fan war.
Well that's what you need to do for this thread to not be locked.

OT: Can't think of any, my expectations are generally normal. They were relatively high for Death Note and Steins;gate and I can say that they were more or less met.
Jul 4, 2015 8:49 PM

Nov 2013
DrCoppelius said:
Heard many good things about OreGairu, am finding it incredibly dull. It doesn't help that Hachiman's outlook on life and relationships pisses me off.

If you think the first season of Oregairu is realistic, be very wary of the second (if you're going to bother watching it, that is). It takes realism to another level, cutting out much of the comedy and replacing it with drama and a deeper focus on the characters. It uses a "show, don't tell" approach, which most people appreciate, but it occasionally dances the line between subtlety and vagueness, which is unfortunate.
Jul 4, 2015 8:55 PM

Mar 2015
Tienjt said:
DrCoppelius said:

If you think the first season of Oregairu is realistic, be very wary of the second (if you're going to bother watching it, that is). It takes realism to another level, cutting out much of the comedy and replacing it with drama and a deeper focus on the characters. It uses a "show, don't tell" approach, which most people appreciate, but it occasionally dances the line between subtlety and vagueness, which is unfortunate.

The Character Development of Hachiman is crazy in season 2.
Jul 4, 2015 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
Tienjt said:

By realistic, I mostly meant that it doesn't have any fantasy elements. Mushishi would be unrealistic SoL by that standard.

The way you describe it seems like an improvement actually. I'll give the first two episodes a shot and if I still think it's a drag to watch, I'll just drop.
Jul 4, 2015 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
Nisekoi, watched it before the hype started but even now I don't get all the commotion about it...
Jul 4, 2015 9:00 PM

Aug 2014
UniQBlade said:
Nisekoi, watched it before the hype started but even now I don't get all the commotion about it...

I felt the same notion too. Dropped it a bit later on..
Jul 4, 2015 9:11 PM

Nov 2014
Lmao shokugeki no kyojin
I can imagine Titans cooking and gettin all horny from food

Jul 4, 2015 9:19 PM

Oct 2013
I think I'll have to go with hxh 2011, was good, but nothing close to what I expected it to be with all the hype it was getting. psycho pass another disappointment.

I've learn from this mistake so when a series get hype up I won't have a high expectation. Eg. Owari no seraph, wow what a average series that was.
Jul 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
I think I'll have to go with hxh 2011, was good, but nothing close to what I expected it to be with all the hype it was getting. psycho pass another disappointment.

I've learn from this mistake so when a series get hype up I won't have a high expectation. Eg. Owari no seraph, wow what a average series that was.

It wasn't as amazing as the hype but it was worth the watch ahaha.
And i agree with psycho pass.. took me 2 months to finish felt like dropping
Jul 4, 2015 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Locked

Another overrated type thread which we don't allow anymore.

Read: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1236487&show=7300#post7339
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What is that one anime you always recommend?

weebtoge - 22 minutes ago

7 by Kikugi »»
19 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you watch anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 4 minutes ago

2 by Kikugi »»
1 minute ago

» what do you think is the worst genre ever existed

dumbandinsane - 4 hours ago

20 by Jevasamy »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

105 by Vaturna »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

102 by Kikugi »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.