Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 26, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2014
So we're just gonna ignore ninsen-mingo stomping Luffy's face through the floor. I love how Doflamingo has no respect.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 28, 2015 3:22 AM

Apr 2009
700th episode, milestone episode! XD

Another mystery for the future, the national treasure of Mariejois!

Flashback galore of Law's past, Ope-ope no user can grant perpetual youth and immortality but dies after the ultimate ability's use. I wonder if it's been used before and to whom.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 29, 2015 7:28 PM

Mar 2013
For me this was one of the best episodes. Really love how the story is building, Great work as always. OP rules.
Aug 13, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2013
FUnNshot said:
I'm the only one who thinks the treasure in Mariejois is One Piece? :D

Nah I honestly think the "One Piece" is actually the adventure that the pirates make, the people they encounter, the lives they have being a pirate.
Would be way too easy to have the Mariejois National Treasure - to be the "One Piece"

Corazon is great, like him already :)
Aug 13, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2010
PrOxAnto said:
FUnNshot said:

Nah I honestly think the "One Piece" is actually the adventure that the pirates make, the people they encounter, the lives they have being a pirate.

It's not. Oda confirmed it.
Aug 15, 2015 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
Dahaka_ said:
PrOxAnto said:

It's not. Oda confirmed it.

Fair enough, guess we'll have to wait for it to be revealed (after maybe another 10 years ^^)
Aug 28, 2015 7:07 AM

Jan 2012
That some new info for me , lol law had a good childhood.

Aug 31, 2015 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
700 chaps of One Piece, ufff, there are a lot....

As i said in the last discussion, it is time to meet Corazón, i did not expected him like taht.... not bad hahaha
Sep 2, 2015 4:26 PM
Sep 2014
700th episode. Nice.
Sep 20, 2015 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
Archmedinian said:
FUnNshot said:

Yes, first thing that comes in my mind!

I bet its one of those super weapons.
Love and Peace!!!
Oct 3, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
cora san caught a fire :DD
Jan 1, 2016 3:12 PM

Jun 2015
damn corazon is a ruthless bastard.

And lmao wtf is wrong with him xDD
Jan 3, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
Was late since June, by around 35 episodes... Damn, finally watched 10 episodes in a row and reached episode 700...
The intensity of the scene when Doffy said he was a tenryuubito was kinda soft and direct in the anime, in the manga it was much more intense and it was like a "BOOM!" when everyone discovered :p Such a difference makes obvious that the manga is way superior than the anime. Still good to watch it adapted though.

Episode 724 for the title I've read seems like it still is in the fight with Doffy and Trebol vs Luffy and Tral, holy crap, seems like Dragon Ball now, this battle is too long already... Maybe it is because the story is extremely close to the manga... Let's see if I can watch
soon enough.
b1GZZJan 3, 2016 7:27 AM
Feb 21, 2016 4:44 AM

May 2015
Happy 700th One Piece episode
Jun 13, 2016 9:06 AM

May 2009
Corazon intrigues me, but the episode was boring, as of usual recently
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jul 27, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
good episode. I have much curiosity about character Corazon
Aug 12, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
Woohoo episode 700, I finally caught up to the airing episode's first digit!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 4, 2017 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
Oh nice, interested in Law's past so this gun be gud.
May 6, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2014
Wow, I've watched 700 episodes of One Piece, and what a great episode it was!
Just like Doffy to use his escape to his own advantage...the reason he has so much power over the government is bc he as a Celestial Dragon knows about the secret treasure of Mariejois.

It could be the One Piece but I just think that'd be way too obvious at this point.
I'm guessing it's the third ancient weapon- "Uranus". The link with the name would make sense too, I guess...since I'm sure it loosely translates to "heaven" (i.e. Heavenly Demon Doflamingo, and the Celestial Dragons who are pretty much considered heavenly beings). It could easily be something to do with a sky island or Enel though. He did make it to the moon after all [s[tbh just want him to make a surprising reappearance [/s] XD

Finally getting some insight about Law's past as well as Doffy and Corazon, who is definitely an interesting dude to say the least.

I mean, I thought he was the "good" brother but he hits little kids so I'm not too sure -_-"
Then again, there are rarely ever good good people in One Piece...even the Straw Hats are technically criminals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2019 5:23 PM

Apr 2012
Corazon flashbacks begin, finally.
Feb 19, 2020 6:43 AM

Jun 2016
“The fact that you brats got conceited and thought for even a second that you could defeat me is an unbearable humiliation to me” is such a good line. I just had to write it out.

In the first sequence of the navy continuing to struggle saving as many people as possible, there was a shot of a kid crying, surrounded by fire, which evoked that brief flashback of Doflamingo in a similar situation not that long ago. Further, this child was crying for his mother and father, holding hands with his sibling as they were in a hellish world, presumably, all alone. It made me ask, how in the hell could Doflamingo shamelessly put children in a situation not so different from the one he was in so long ago? That said, I think he told us the answer. Awhile ago when Doflamingo had that scene through the eyes of Momonosuke where he was attacking some of the colosseum contestants, he said that every human had a cruel side and death was entertainment for them. I had from this information assumed that this worldview can work as an excuse for the horrors he causes, he is simply being what we all are, unabashedly. And here, I think he once again stated his justification as “people are all cruel”. It’s not so different from our friend Arlong, it’s the pattern of someone learning in the harshest way possible that compassion and kindness are not compatible in this world. From a young age Doflamingo seems to have had his worldview decided by the events in his life, whereas Law and Corazon, two people who Doflamingo could obviously relate to deeply, may represent how one can diverge from it.

Doflamingo answered a question we’ve had come up since we learned Doflamingo does not have great connections with the Celestial Dragons. He didn’t ask for a favour, he coerced them and manipulated them into playing by his rules, as a Dragon he knows about a national treasure that would shake the world if it became known. Further, he stated that Law has a power we didn’t know about, that the op op fruit has the possibility to achieve a dream man has had since the beginning of time, that is, immortality. There is a stipulation though, the user of the fruit would sacrifice themself to give another person this capability. Doflamingo wanted this fruit for himself, and if he had this capability then he stated he could have taken the helm of the world utilizing the national treasure in Mariejois. Finally, as the two clash, Law using the techniques he learned from the family, we had a flashback to when he was first trying to join.

It was cool to see Baby 5 and Buffalo as children who tagged along with the family and weren’t scared off, although they were certainly odd. But the things that interested me most had to do with Corazon. Firstly, Law stated that his late father, probably having died in the events of whatever happened to his town, discovered that Law would die in 3 years and 2 months. He clearly lived longer than this, and he lives now for Corazon while giving numerous lines about being here today due to him. That makes me think that Corazon saved Law from whatever sickness he had. My first thought was that perhaps Corazon had the op op fruit and did eternal life surgery on Law but that totally doesn’t add up. As for Corazon, he did not come off as expected. He is absent minded in the words of the top executives, and we see that he constantly makes huge mistakes, falling as he’s walking in the door or setting himself on fire, that kind of thing. He’s also mute due to his traumatic past and hates kids. The man Law is now living for, who saved his life, was the kind of guy who punched children in the face, and even tossed Law out a window for doing nothing. Apart from that, one of the people I’m most interested in seeing is the late Vergo and his interactions with Doflamingo, so I hope he does come up in this flashback.

Happy 700 episodes by the way everyone!
May 11, 2021 4:02 AM

May 2016
Law stating that he only had 3 years left to live because of a terminal illness and his debt of gratitude towards Cora-san makes me think that the latter might have been the previous user of the Op Op Fruit that used the Perpetual Youth Surgery Technique on the former before dying, hm.

It's definitely interesting to see all of the Executives' younger looks. I'm also looking forward to seeing the newer members join the Donquixote Family.

Aug 13, 2021 5:16 AM

Jun 2019
From this point onward, I'm gonna experience things for the first time. I don't know why I haven't crossed episode 700 even after six times. LOL
Aug 27, 2021 8:25 AM

Aug 2021
Lmao wtf is Corazon's problem just came in and slipped,tripped and burnt himself and kicked Law outta there xD
Jul 17, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2021
Kid Law had the same mindset as Doflamingo but in his case since he was going to die anyway he wanted to take everyone down with him
Aug 18, 2022 7:03 PM

Dec 2018
Kannei said:
Shape430 said:
You know it's gonna be a bad episode when it takes 7 friggin minutes just for it to start lmao. Why exactly did we need to hear DF's entire speech again? Oh yeah, because its fucking One Piece. The whole first half was basically a complete waste of time.

Law's flashback is also pretty meh so far :/.

2/5.

really now always must be people around that just complain about all and everything
the flashback just started talk when its at least have threw and state your thoughts cause its getting the best and saddest flashback ever in OP

dude most anime do in 3 minutes what One Shit does in 100 episodes. this is the worst possible pile of burning fucking trash ever created and someone still smells even worse.
Aug 27, 2022 8:56 PM
Mar 2018
Super amazing episode
Sep 29, 2022 3:51 PM
Nov 2020
a lot character and i loved it
Oct 16, 2022 5:12 PM
Jan 2021
GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD
Nov 26, 2022 3:05 PM
May 2017
DOFLAMINGO NO CAP
Jan 2, 2023 12:03 PM
Apr 2022
i love one piece!!!
Jul 6, 2023 10:29 AM
Oct 2020
.nawdsjkasdkjaldlkasjldkajs
Jul 24, 2023 9:00 AM
Jul 2023
diofhsdioåhfusdjløjkfghdxozhjgvioåasdfhughsrjohgioåucagiosdfhagoåjikhfb
Aug 24, 2023 9:14 AM
Oct 2019
Episode 700 milestone!!
I was expecting some great sakuga fest episode but when the recap stop at 7 min, you not this ain't the episode.
LMAO

Finally Law backstory and also Corazon.
Sep 9, 2023 8:09 AM
Apr 2020
Kaizoku oni orewaaa narruuu
Nov 24, 2023 5:59 AM
Jun 2022
Great Shonen Anime

Loved the anime besides time taking anime
Dec 5, 2023 6:02 PM
Feb 2022
And we arrive to 700. In the next episode we will finally know the past of Law. The national treasure of Mary Geoise will be the One Piece?

Spanish translation:
Llegamos a los 700. En el próximo episodio sabremos el pasado de Law al fin. ¿El tesoro nacional de Mary Geoise será el One Piece?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

11 by ThaTOnEGuY4_ »»
1 hour ago

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
9 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 9 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.