Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 11:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was quite something.

The intro delivered style and has a good amount of focus on the fantasy elements that I had expected. The OP theme song is beautifully done imo in terms of lyrics. Good way to get some of the main characters on-screen as well.

I especially liked Adlet's on-screen appearance as he displayed quite a lot of formidable abilities. Definitely some good action in the first half anyways. I'm not sold on this yet but it has my attention. Only 1 cour though. Good background storytelling so far at least.

Stark700Jul 4, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 4, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2013
nice sound track to it and theres something about the color palette to me that comes of as soothing. action was pretty good and it did grab me to see how the next few episodes progress. hopefully it can keep it up
Jul 4, 2015 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
So they did the reverse of most LN adaptation nowadays, they added scenes lol xD.
Interesting, some of the info we just got, we should have gotten them afterwards, but this doesn't hinder the good flow of the plot, so it's not a problem.

As expected, I have a bit of a problem with that european medieval-> south american medieval change of setting, but since we got out of town with that first episode, there's not a lot of scene with that kind of environment remaining anyway.

The animation is pretty good. Rather no, it IS good. The opening and ending felt nice, i think I like the ending more.

A surprisingly slow pacing, as reported by peoples who saw the first two episode a few days ago in tokyo.

The animation of Nashetania's power is surprising, I never thought of it like that while reading it. It's prettier that what I thought, but it's to soon for me to say if I like the way they did it.

Adlet's moves were quite impressive there.

I don't remember the bGM in that episode, except for 2. So they were quite shy with them, I think.

I liked that costume with that mask that Nashetania was wearing during the match. That's a nice costume design from them, too bad it was just for a few seconds in the whole anime.
Jul 4, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2010
Fantasy anime really are great. Just seeing the architecture and some of the culture were quite amazing, already. Really, the amount of lore, mystical beings can be near infinite.

Giving off this "grand-scaled" vibe, I think I would like this. The Mc's fighting style seems fun enough.
Jul 4, 2015 1:10 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Part of the reason as to why I liked Classroom Crisis so much is because of the potential world building that it has, but this series blew it completely out of the water

I love the setting and atmosphere of the series and the pacing was so damn fluid throughout it all....The history of the Rokka no Yuusha was really interesting to me and I really appreciate that they took time to explain everything

In terms of characters, Adlet is a really likable and impressive MC and I enjoyed seeing him fight as well as seeing him spend his days training and stuff in incarceration. The Princess is equally as likable as well and I love her bubbly personality...Totally shipping them together now lol

OP and ED were pretty good and the art and animation could be better but they were okay enough for my tastes...Overall great first episode and I can't wait to see more of it and meet the other 4 members

Glad to hear that it was adapted well too
TokoyaJul 4, 2015 1:31 PM
Jul 4, 2015 1:10 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty good introductory outing for our first two heroes. That fight at the beginning was nicely animated.
Jul 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
FatefulLove said:
Fantasy anime really are great. Just seeing the architecture and some of the culture were quite amazing, already. Really, the amount of lore, mystical beings can be near infinite.

Giving off this "grand-scaled" vibe, I think I would like this. The Mc's fighting style seems fun enough.

:3

The Mc is really something, the bard vibe is nice.
Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
Aw they didn't begin with adlet being blamed for the seventh
Jul 4, 2015 1:15 PM

Jul 2012
After the first few minutes I was thinking I wasn't gonna like this at all.

Then the main dude came in being arrogant and saying he'd fight both of those other dudes and I thought that part was pretty cool.

Then that girl that's really pretty came to his cell to talk to him, and told the story, I liked that part. I also liked the part where she breaks him out of the cell he goes to after that.

I like her and I think the main dude is pretty cool so this might be an awesome show.
Jul 4, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
I like princess bunny ears. But they did a great job setting up the setting
Jul 4, 2015 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
I thought this was based off some JRPG, it really has that kind of vibe.
Anyway, decent fantasy. Will probably turn out to be mediocre, but I expect it to be entretaining while it last. If it's not as cringeworthy as that Dungeon crap we had as a fantasy show last season I will already be satisfied.
Jul 4, 2015 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
Some thoughts about this Episode:

Wow this episode was really amazing! The character designs and animation as a whole was really topnotch!
The story was really interesting and the OP and ED was really good!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 4, 2015 1:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Adlet comes off as a very sanguine and impolitic character, but he did prove himself to be a strong figure. Although cheeky, I like his fighting style. Actions scenes were animated rather well.

Nashetania unfolding the history of the previous generations of Yuusha was pretty interesting. A good amount of the episode was spent just on the conversation between her and Adlet. I thought they'd rush the hell out of it.

I like how easily Nashetania was able to help Adlet escape with her. Well, she has a different version of Unlimited Blade Works so no wonder it was a walk in the park.

Decent start. The real plot will begin when the two will meet 5 other members at the promised land instead of 4 and Adlet will be suspected as the enemy.

Jul 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Holy. Shit.
That was amazing, simply amazing.
Tad too much exposition with the previous heroes but that aside, wow, it did everything right, from the setting, to the animation, to the characters, no complains.
This better get a second cour.
Jul 4, 2015 1:39 PM

May 2012
All I can say is wow! Very nice first episode.

First off lets talk about that pacing. Felt very steady to me at the least. the animation is very nice as well.
Love the way they handle the fight scene and the time lapse. The tally marks on the walls was a nice little touch. The way they told the story was also handle very well. Didn't really feel like a info dump. The ending was great as well.

Overall enjoyed this a lot more than I was planing on too and that's a good thing.

5/5.
Jul 4, 2015 1:48 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Great first episode I must say.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 4, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
OP/ED are decent, as well as the bgm. Solid action and animation so far, as well as some sufficient world-building for now. Fantasy seems okay. Not sure what's with the ancient Central/South American civilization pyramids contributing to the actual setting (the music tells otherwise), but it's a modest start.
Jul 4, 2015 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
This was surprisingly good.
MC won trough trickery rather than brute force.

Also the setting is nice.

Definitely I am going to keep watching...so far.
Jul 4, 2015 1:51 PM

Jul 2007
As expected great first episode.

The Animation, the OST, the OP, The ED, the setting - everything screams top quality and unique.

Easily one of top contenders for best of the season by the first episode alone. Hopefully the quality does not go down.
Jul 4, 2015 1:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The ED is greatness.

Great start, i like the two mains already. That's a good ship right there.

World building looks very promising, too.
Jul 4, 2015 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit that pacing :O They barely covered 100 pages or even less :D Also they didn't adapt the spoiler-ish beginning of the volume which I'm glad for ^^

I expected them to go way way beyond that. Not bad! Not bad at all :D Loved the action scenes. Adlet's awesome. Gotta love his arrogance and from what I've seen in the LN he's definitely got what it takes to back it up :3

Loved the passage of time showing Adlet training and waiting. If they keep this pace this will be amazing!!

Atro looks cool :P
Can't wait for best girl Fremy <3
Barion-ZaraJul 4, 2015 1:58 PM
Jul 4, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2014
As for a first impression...this look like an Aztec fantasy series.
MC self-proclaim strongest man in the world...haha
Nashetania is so lovely and cute at that too.
This is going to be a fun ride.
Jul 4, 2015 2:06 PM

Jul 2014
Interesting world, story, characters. Hopefully there is a good reason why Adlet was selected to be one of the Rokka no Yuusha and hopefully we can see more of what he is capable of in the future. Enjoyable first episode that introduced the series very well, 8.25/10
Jul 4, 2015 2:08 PM
Mar 2013
Great start <3 i need more stuff like this every season
Jul 4, 2015 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
Absolutely loved this. Adlet is that guy with an extreme amount of confidence without coming across like an ass. Nashetania was also adorable, with that fun disregard for custom while also being insightful.
Really cool fight scene, Adlet's style seems to employ a lot of small tricks and clever usage of equipment.
OP was solid, but didn't jump out at me. The ED was great.
4.5/5
I'm loving this season thus far.
Jul 4, 2015 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, probably one of the best 1st episodes this season so far! This episode gave us a little bit of world building which was nice and introduced our MC (who is actually really resourceful) and the Princess (flying swords are pretty damn awesome). Definitely looking forward to how the series progresses!
Jul 4, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
Perfection, there's no other word to describe this episode. So loyal to the adaptation thus far as well.

Only complaint is that the demons (names slipped my mind) will be in full 3DCGI,
"Hi!"
Jul 4, 2015 2:23 PM

Sep 2013
That was quite a promising first episode. I really like the carefree attitude and the fantasy setting. I will stick with this one, and it might very well be the only show from this season.
Jul 4, 2015 2:24 PM

May 2015
That was a neat episode. I liked the OP theme. This anime can turn out to be really great and something. So far, so good. Great start. Looking forward to it!

*hug noises*

May 2013
MC is arrogant and kind of annoying

Plot seems like something that has been done countless times before, not particularly impressed

The world itself is beautiful however, no one can deny that. Also from what I've heard this adaptation will only cover like two volumes of the light novels (correct me if I'm wrong) which will at least mean the pacing will be very solid, even if it won't actually cover very much in the way of actual content

Aug 2010
First episode, and it looks amazing already. Quite an interesting plot and setting so far, characters (I hope Adlet will develop as a character though, not liking his arrogance), pretty good animation and good pacing! Cant wait to see the other characters and see more of all of their powers! Hopefully the rest of the episodes will live up to my expectations from the first episode!
Jul 4, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2014
Better than i expected.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 2:36 PM
Aug 2011
Whoa a lot of liberties taken with the setting here, not a bad thing, just... interesting.
Hard to I can't believe this is the same Passione that bought us great masterpiece titles like Rail Wars!

Seeing all these 12-13 episode count in titles that easily could/should run for longer is saddening to say the least.
Jul 4, 2015 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
very promising start
:3
Jul 4, 2015 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
It was a very good start for a first episode.

I really like that Adlet's action scenes in the tournament!
Jul 4, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
Already like the two main characters introduced. But I sense tragedy incoming as Nashetania said the previous generation of warriors chosen 300 years ago had casualties within the chosen six.

Nashetania is the most beautifully drawn character so far this season and this anime had the most promising starting episode this season.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
Well, that was certainly entertaining. I thought that the South American motif was pretty interesting. Not something that you would normally expect in an anime.

Not a lot was done in this episode, but it didn't feel slow. Which is good. That tells me that even with the slower pacing, it won't feel like it's dragging on. At least, it seems that way for now. We'll see how things go once my initial excitement for the series begins to wain off. As of now, I can't wait for more.
Jul 4, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2014
This anime starts really interesting, the art and animation are very good, especially the battle scene. The opening and ending are good too.

Jul 4, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2015
Better than what I expected.
Jul 4, 2015 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Some changes happened like the early revealing of Adlet's master. I never thought Spyker to be that old.

Anyway a pretty solid episode, in fact this is the best 1st episode in this season so far.
Jul 4, 2015 3:22 PM

Sep 2014
I Like the visuals of it. That City..His hair :D

And the story seems interesting..
Jul 4, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
Looks like it's gonna be promising even though I feel that it's a bit rushed.
Oh god who are you people?
Jul 4, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2012
All that exposition. They pretty much crammed all the plot into the first episode and will show fillers for the rest of the season.
Jul 4, 2015 3:32 PM

Apr 2015
I kinda disappointed on how the MC defeating the two others after calling himself "the strongest man in the world" in a ceremonial battle.

He used deception trickery to win over them. That won't make him prove himself. He was like cheating all throughout the battle. You can see the disgusted face of the audience!

It was awesome entrance but the battle was annoying!

I'm still interested though. will watch some more..... for the girls.....
#CHEXIT
Jul 4, 2015 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
I'm almost sold... Adlet is quite a varied MC and I definitely want to see the (laugh) seven (laugh) try and pin the Demon Lord title on him. >.<
Jul 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
Let me guess , adlet is not true hero. he was chosen by demon king and it's farce mark on his hand but he will fight to the good side to the end.
Jul 4, 2015 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
I had low expectation for this anime but the first episode blew me away
Jul 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2014
wex89 said:
Let me guess , adlet is not true hero. he was chosen by demon king and it's farce mark on his hand but he will fight to the good side to the end.
It's like you wrote it!
Jul 4, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder if this time they will stop the Demon God for good???
Jul 4, 2015 4:19 PM

Jul 2014
Awesome, I love fantasy anime.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Yesterday, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.