Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2015 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
KamiCity said:
j0x said:
i saw this news on 4chan /a/ too but some people said something about TM Ace magazine page and an anon posted this, so can someone translate it?

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Take it to beastlair, they usually work pretty fast in translating things.... actually I wouldn't be surprised if they actually translated it already.

Done~
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 3, 2015 3:38 PM

May 2012
mira-nyan said:
KamiCity said:
[/spoiler]

Take it to beastlair, they usually work pretty fast in translating things.... actually I wouldn't be surprised if they actually translated it already.

Done~
Thanks Mira
Jul 3, 2015 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
Great 20+h route with massiv character development in a 90m Movie...
Why are you doing this to me Ufotable? Ruining my favourite route is not a nice thing you know.And yes im super salty.
Jul 3, 2015 3:54 PM

Aug 2014
I guess I'll re-watch it about 4 times 😢
Thanks for ruining my day Mongrels.
Jul 3, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2014
Sure, they got a bad director for UBW,
and maybe they ignored content from the VN,
and perhaps they lied about 90 minutes of extra BD content,
and suppose it's true that they overprice all their products
and fine, there will only be a single HF movie

But can't we enjoy this for what it is?
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jul 3, 2015 3:57 PM

Jan 2014
KamiCity said:
BeatzYou said:

Not like any company would come out and say, "We've fucked up / had major production issues and are desperately trying to catch up to the schedule". Sure, it's a little premature to write the series off already, but all those delays surely aren't a good sign.

It's one delay, idk what you mean by "all those delays"
A one week delay isn't a big deal, sure they might be behind schedule but what does that matter? Movies delay for months, sometimes even up to a year at a time and we get no issues with them, games delay for years and we don't lose quality. What's a one week delay to an anime series?

Anything we say is all speculation, it could easily have been that the quality wasn't up to par in what they wanted and they decided to delay to get it up to speed. I'm not going to defend nor condemn them for it.

One week? The first episode(s?) were supposed to be pre-screened on the 28th, but they obviously didn't make it in time. Now it's been delayed till 12th, thus the episode is already 2 weeks behind. That seems like a huge delay to me.
Movies and games aren't bound by a strict airing slot on TV though. Ufotable can't just push it back a few months or years. They have to abide to the time slot given to them, so if they are so obviously behind schedule they'll have to rush the episodes to completion which might have an negative impact on the series' (animation) quality. Animation takes time and that's surely the last thing they have atm.
While Shirobako undoubtedly isn't entirely accurate, it did present these issues rather convincingly and in detail - I'm sure you, as someone who watched said series, can imagine such a scenario to be possible here as well.

At the end of the day we will never know what exactly happened behind Ufotable's doors, so all I'm saying is that showing some skepticism isn't entirely unwarranted.
JoekstarJul 3, 2015 4:08 PM
Jul 3, 2015 3:57 PM

Aug 2010
mira-nyan said:
KamiCity said:
[/spoiler]

Done~

You're the hero MAL needs but doesn't deserve right now.
Jul 3, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
TrueKirei said:

Id rather have no adaptation at all before they are ruining the route with a Single Movie.
Jul 3, 2015 3:59 PM

Aug 2010
TrueKirei said:

What is "it" again?
Jul 3, 2015 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
TrueKirei said:

And what if they skip your most glorious moment because of lack of time?
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
astroprogs said:
TrueKirei said:

What is "it" again?

True Yuetsu
Jul 3, 2015 4:03 PM

Dec 2014
Aurioch said:
TrueKirei said:

And they skipped the Fate route, and made UBW a sequel to FZ, and it has a subpar dub.....

My point is: You all have no excuse to be angry. Nothing more than self-entitled fanboys, all of you!
Jul 3, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2010
TrueKirei said:
Aurioch said:

And they skipped the Fate route, and made UBW a sequel to FZ, and it has a subpar dub.....

My point is: You all have no excuse to be angry. Nothing more than self-entitled fanboys, all of you!

Oh no, I'm not angry anymore, I passed long past that stage.

As a Counter Guardian, I'm now in complete apathy towards adaptations. After I finish dealing with it, Denial is next...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
rip
Jul 3, 2015 4:12 PM

Aug 2010
TrueKirei said:
astroprogs said:

What is "it" again?

True Yuetsu

Jul 3, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2014
TKP is angry as well :D
It's Yuetsu time!
Jul 3, 2015 4:15 PM

Sep 2014
Jul 3, 2015 4:19 PM

Aug 2011
Sherou said:
At least it'll be better than DEEN UBW, right guys...........right?

It's not hard to achieve that LOL
Jul 3, 2015 4:36 PM

Nov 2010
Aleskar said:
Maybe there is some hope left.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJBdSKSWgAAs17M.png

Are you sure they're not secretly Zero Caster in disguise?
astroprogs said:

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 4:45 PM

Nov 2013
TrueKirei said:
TrueKirei said:
we enjoy this
TrueKirei said:
enjoy this
TrueKirei said:
enjoy
No. Joy is a sin.
Jul 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
But in TM Ace Takeuchi said they hadn't decided anything yet. What the actual fuck?
Anyway, I'll just wait for some official info.
Jul 3, 2015 4:53 PM

Jan 2009
if ufotable is imagining it as a 6 hour movie then they can really split that to 3 movies and 2 hours each
Jul 3, 2015 4:58 PM
Jun 2009
j0x said:
if ufotable is imagining it as a 6 hour movie then they can really split that to 3 movies and 2 hours each

The one that decides in the end how many movies there will be is aniplex not ufo though i think.
Jul 3, 2015 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
> people not wanting stuff adapted.

I guess people are afraid the visual novels honor will be stained.

The horror.
Jul 3, 2015 5:02 PM

May 2012
CrimsonBlack said:
But in TM Ace Takeuchi said they hadn't decided anything yet. What the actual fuck?

Probably mistranslated, or confusion of what was asked.

From what I know is that they wanted one feature film, but a 6 hour film would be unrealistic. As of now their plan is one film, but they are unsure how to pull it off... no one would go to a theater to watch a 6 hour movie.
So they are undecided as to whether to split it, or somehow just do one.

As stated before, people who were there have said nothing was confirmed, and when asked the question again they said wait for an answer.
Jul 3, 2015 5:04 PM

Oct 2014
What are you guys talking about? It's an ESTABLISHED FACT that the anime that finished just now is an original route written by Nasu!

Shirou also jumped in to hinder Archer's plan to get Rin out of the church safely and he also caused Rin's plan to save Illya's life from Gilgamesh by using a gem to fail!

They're FACTs guys! The internet said so!
Jul 3, 2015 5:11 PM

Feb 2014
RIP Fate/Stay Night anime(s), you were never once adapted right and probably never will be until another 10 years.
Jul 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Apr 2015
Ugh I hope this is not true............
Jul 3, 2015 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
KamiCity said:
CrimsonBlack said:

From what I know is that they wanted one feature film, but a 6 hour film would be unrealistic. As of now their plan is one film, but they are unsure how to pull it off... no one would go to a theater to watch a 6 hour movie.

As stated before, people who were there have said nothing was confirmed, and when asked the question again they said wait for an answer.

Even the plan itself to only have one movie is cause for concern. 3x 105 minute movies isn't unrealistic, but it might simply be issue that, for some reason, they can't keep up with the load (*looks at God Eater issues*).

Still, as you say, nothing is confirmed yet, but even the notion that studio has notion of having only one movie is good enough cause for concern, when we actually have the example of what happened last time such move was pulled off.
astroprogs said:

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Oct 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:
RIP Fate/Stay Night anime(s), you were never once adapted right and probably never will be until another 10 years.

You actually believe it? A commercial company like ufotable could very well rip people off in some manner(though in the end it's usually aniplex at fault) like with the 90 min extra runtime of the first BD box including the soundtrack, but they won't do such a self-destructive thing like making a single 2 hour movie of HF while calling it "the best project yet". There is just no way, unless you think every single person who works for ufotable is mentally retarded.
Jul 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Fuck it, game over. Don't even care anymore. There is no way in hell this movie will be good. There is just too much content in that route for one feature length film to cover. What a fucking halfassed bullshit job.
Jul 3, 2015 5:28 PM

Nov 2010
Grey-Zone said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

You actually believe it? A commercial company like ufotable could very well rip people off in some manner(though in the end it's usually aniplex at fault) like with the 90 min extra runtime of the first BD box including the soundtrack, but they won't do such a self-destructive thing like making a single 2 hour movie of HF while calling it "the best project yet". There is just no way, unless you think every single person who works for ufotable is mentally retarded.

astroprogs said:

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 5:28 PM

Oct 2014
Urgh... people will NEVER learn to be sceptical toward Fate/uforable stuff... no matter if it's mistranslated stuff like "original route" or false spoilers about pre-screenings.

@Aurioch: My sarcasm meter is temporarily damaged. What did you want to say?
Jul 3, 2015 5:34 PM

May 2012
Aurioch said:
KamiCity said:

Even the plan itself to only have one movie is cause for concern. 3x 105 minute movies isn't unrealistic, but it might simply be issue that, for some reason, they can't keep up with the load (*looks at God Eater issues*).

Still, as you say, nothing is confirmed yet, but even the notion that studio has notion of having only one movie is good enough cause for concern, when we actually have the example of what happened last time such move was pulled off.

Delays happen, it's nothing new, nor is it a cause for concern
There is also no announcement on HF's release date, so scheduling when it comes to that isn't a concern either. They're not even out of preproduction yet.

As of now, they wanted or at least thought about one 6 hour movie.. They realized that its unrealistic and now they're deciding what to do. Nothing has been decided yet according to TM ACE, nothing was confirmed according to people who went to anime expo.

Grey-Zone said:
Urgh... people will NEVER learn to be sceptical toward Fate/uforable stuff... no matter if it's mistranslated stuff like "original route" or false spoilers about pre-screenings.

Exactly, no matter what we hear on the internet, it is always fair to remain skeptical.

Jul 3, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2014
For me, if I had to give my impression to these overblown reactions, then a similar case comes to mind, like Tetsuya Nomura confirming that "The final fantasy VII remake will not be the exact same game, there will be some changes", suddenly turning into news headline "OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, STORY OF FFVII REMAKE COMPLETELY REWRITTEN, ******'s DEATH NOT HAPPENING!"

Basically almost everyone is eating up completely misinterpreted/mistranslated/completely made up Bullshit.
Jul 3, 2015 5:46 PM

Apr 2015
"Without failure there can't be success".

Go figure.
Jul 3, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2012
Grey-Zone said:
For me, if I had to give my impression to these overblown reactions, then a similar case comes to mind, like Tetsuya Nomura confirming that "The final fantasy VII remake will not be the exact same game, there will be some changes", suddenly turning into news headline "OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED, STORY OF FFVII REMAKE COMPLETELY REWRITTEN, ******'s DEATH NOT HAPPENING!"

Basically almost everyone is eating up completely misinterpreted/mistranslated/completely made up Bullshit.

I don't even know how one can expect FFVII not to be changed for the remake... especially given how much unnecessary content the original has.
Jul 3, 2015 5:56 PM

Mar 2015
Wow...is this confrimed?

Shit
Jul 3, 2015 6:00 PM

Nov 2010
KamiCity said:
Delays happen, it's nothing new, nor is it a cause for concern
There is also no announcement on HF's release date, so scheduling when it comes to that isn't a concern either. They're not even out of preproduction yet.

As of now, they wanted or at least thought about one 6 hour movie.. They realized that its unrealistic and now they're deciding what to do. Nothing has been decided yet according to TM ACE, nothing was confirmed according to people who went to anime expo.

Delays happen, true, but unlike delaying a video game, a book or a movie, delaying a TV or anime series is much more tricky because of limited time slots. Note that I'm talking about God Eater here because it might mean that ufotable isn't in as good position as when they were during KnK or Zero adaptations.

As for nothing has been decided, I didn't deny that. I just mentioned that studio considering one regular length movie is a valid cause for concern because that already happened before. Keep in mind that I agree with you, as nothing is confirmed yet.

Grey-Zone said:

I hope it's not me that damaged it few days earlier :P

Anyway, what I wanted to say with that clip is that studios seek profit and, if necessary (or in more cases if they're greedy), will cut the expenses (which often has impact on quality) in order to achieve profit. This is pure speculation on my point, but ufotable might not have enough resources (or it would be too expensive) to deliver HF in a way fans would like (3-4 movies), so they're considering other options - with only 1 movie being one of them.

MightyM16 said:
Wow...is this confrimed?

Shit

It is not confirmed, but base for concern is there.
astroprogs said:

Not air.
Jul 3, 2015 6:19 PM

May 2012
Aurioch said:

Delays happen, true, but unlike delaying a video game, a book or a movie, delaying a TV or anime series is much more tricky because of limited time slots. Note that I'm talking about God Eater here because it might mean that ufotable isn't in as good position as when they were during KnK or Zero adaptations.
I don't doubt that they might have taken in more than they can chew, but that doesn't mean their position is bad. This is the first time iirc that they're actually working on multiple highly anticipated series. They used to stick to just films and OVA's with only Fate/Zero being their main concern. Now though they were trying to launch another series a week after the end of UBW, even if they did have some different staff members it's pretty difficult to pull off. They decided to postpone it in order to preserve the quality they're known for, instead of releasing something subpar like other studios tend to do.

Also, I know you're not disagreeing with me, I'm just saying I wouldn't be too concerned about Ufotable and Godeater just yet. I'm sure they got a pretty good payload from the tales game that was just released, and they are working on the cutscenes for the next one iirc. UBW cour 1 also sold almost as much as F/Z cour 1 but at a much higher price.
If anything I feel like they just mismanaged what to do with multiple projects, since they're pretty new to the weekly series business.
KamiCityJul 3, 2015 6:22 PM
Jul 3, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2010
I may be late to the party, if so, sorry... But I can also confirm that in the page (I tried to listen to the audio but the quality is waaay too horrible) he only talked about the possibility of making a 6-hour movie is utopical and they still didn't decide between an anime series and movie series.
And by the few things I could actually hear in the audio, it says almost the same thing in the page, so...

Anyway, I don't mind not having a set release date yet; I just hope they'll do a good job with Heaven's Feel. I personally don't care much for UBW and neither thought it was as bad as everyone says, anyway, so I still trust Ufotable.
Jul 3, 2015 6:56 PM

Oct 2013
... Is this a fucking joke?

There's still enough time between now and the movie release for them to change their minds, right? Surely it'll still be a trilogy at least. Surely.

Right?

Aleskar said:
Maybe there is some hope left.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJBdSKSWgAAs17M.png

oh thank God

My expectations have been diminished significantly, but maybe there's still some chance... maybe...
ZadionJul 3, 2015 7:04 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 3, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
It would be great if the length of the movie was equal to the Haruhi movie, 2 hours and 44 minutes, was it? 164 minutes total.
Jul 3, 2015 7:08 PM

Oct 2014
KaminaTheMighty said:
It would be great if the length of the movie was equal to the Haruhi movie, 2 hours and 44 minutes, was it? 164 minutes total.

Nope, that wouldn't be even nearly enough.
Jul 3, 2015 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Enough wine and salt for this month I'll enjoy.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 3, 2015 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
Grey-Zone said:
KaminaTheMighty said:

I seriously doubt they're going to make a 6 hour movie, anyone who believes that can just get that of their head right now. An anime series would be the only logical choice.
Jul 3, 2015 7:12 PM

Dec 2014
Please, anyone but Miura.
Jul 3, 2015 7:17 PM

May 2009
Rejoice!
Jul 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Aug 2010
*waiting for the official announcement*

zerorequiem_ said:
Please, anyone but Miura.

Miura is the scriptwriter.
Jul 3, 2015 7:38 PM

May 2012
KaminaTheMighty said:
Grey-Zone said:

I seriously doubt they're going to make a 6 hour movie, anyone who believes that can just get that of their head right now. An anime series would be the only logical choice.

Or you know multiple movies, What did KnK add up 2? Something like 10 hours? 6 hours worth of movie content isn't all that much.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.