does "the boondocks" = anime???
Jul 3, 2015 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
you have heard of the boondocks right?
well can it be considered anime??
Jul 3, 2015 7:31 AM
Jul 2018
I've not heard it yet.
Don't know, I think it was not considered as an anime, cuz japan didn't do the animation parts. Correct if I'm wrong
Jul 3, 2015 7:31 AM
Apr 2014
Cory in the House was a better anime about a black guy.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jul 3, 2015 7:38 AM

Mar 2015
The Boondocks is an American adult animated sitcom. so the answer is no.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 3, 2015 7:44 AM

Mar 2014
_Charl said:
I've not heard it yet.
Don't know, I think it was not considered as an anime, cuz japan didn't do the animation parts. Correct if I'm wrong

Actually, while the first season wasn't animated in Japan... starting with Season 2, Madhouse began to get involved with the project. Other studios involved with the project include the Korean studios JM Animation, DongWoo Animation & Entertainment, MOI Animation Studio, and Studio Mir.

The reason it isn't considered anime, however, is simple: It's because it was produced for a market other than Japan (in this case, the American market).

It's the same reason Legend of Korra isn't considered anime, despite Season 2 being produced partially by Studio Pierrot.

It is pretty interesting, though. In a few episodes of the Boondocks there's a few references made in the show to Samurai Champloo, even including a background cameo appearance by Jin. Likely put in there by the animators as a kind of wink & nod.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 3, 2015 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
NO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2015 8:05 AM
May 2009
No. Not animate in Japan, China or Korea. Not sure if the rest of the asia is included under MAL.

But Boondocks is brilliant. considering its made by an independent group of African Americans.

Uncle Ruckus, and the Boys are jokes. Literally a laught to watch. Some episodes are not so good but a majority of them are pretty decent.
shintai88Jul 3, 2015 8:59 AM
Jul 3, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2014
Even It looks like an anime, I don't think It's "anime".
But at least, It's damn better than this crap of RWBY....
Jul 3, 2015 8:47 AM

Jul 2013
I've heard of it, I heard about it years ago from people on another forum site but don't think it's anime because it's American.
Jul 3, 2015 11:15 AM

Jul 2015
vigorousjammer said:
_Charl said:
I've not heard it yet.

Actually, while the first season wasn't animated in Japan... starting with Season 2, Madhouse began to get involved with the project. Other studios involved with the project include the Korean studios JM Animation, DongWoo Animation & Entertainment, MOI Animation Studio, and Studio Mir.

The reason it isn't considered anime, however, is simple: It's because it was produced for a market other than Japan (in this case, the American market).

It's the same reason Legend of Korra isn't considered anime, despite Season 2 being produced partially by Studio Pierrot.

It is pretty interesting, though. In a few episodes of the Boondocks there's a few references made in the show to Samurai Champloo, even including a background cameo appearance by Jin. Likely put in there by the animators as a kind of wink & nod.

thank you for that clarification. I totally appreciate it
Jul 3, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
It isn't an anime because it isn't japanese. Is it really that hard for people to get that through their skulls?!
Jun 22, 2016 11:55 PM
Oct 2015
Boondocks is cartoon,but don't get confused for ex. Avatar,Kung Fu Panda,Code Lyoko etc. they are Animesque,American cartoons wannabe anime (i think because animes are more popular than cartoon).

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
5 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
8 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
9 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
Today, 8:31 AM

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.