Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 2, 2015 4:22 AM
Jun 2009
When Mine NTRed Akame by confessing first, that was the starting point of the failure.

It was further reinforced by making Mine a vegetable instead of killing her.
Jul 2, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2014
Akame never showed any romantic interest in Tatsumi. She loves her comrades equally in a conventional way. Far as I can tell the closest thing Akame's ever had to a romantic interest in this manga is meat-kun.

If she shares a huge helping of her last piece of meat with someone else than she's either a saint or cares for them more deeply than average.
Jul 2, 2015 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
I don't think you know what NTR means.
Jul 2, 2015 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
Isn't the latest circle jerk about how Akame is actually a lesbian?

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jul 2, 2015 8:27 PM

Mar 2015
Uh... didn't Akame directly friendzoned him? When she said to Tatsumi that she sees him as a friend and comrade. Can't remember well (you know 1 chapter per month), but I believe she only sees Tatsumi as a friend.

Also a romantic relationship for an assassin killer-level like Akame is a big failure. Because then Akame will not be Akame anymore. While Mine's romantic relationship and character development changed for the better.

Also it's not NTR because Tatsumi is not Akame's loved ones. And neither does Akame and Leone got shocked or disappointed when Mine and Tatsumi declared that they're a couple.

Jul 2, 2015 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
NTR? Seriously?
Jul 3, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2013
DarklordVor said:
Also it's not NTR because Tatsumi is not Akame's loved ones. And neither does Akame and Leone got shocked or disappointed when Mine and Tatsumi declared that they're a couple.

That sums it up.
Jul 3, 2015 5:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So you can NTR someone when the other girl didn't even love him?

Ok.
Jul 4, 2015 4:31 AM
Jun 2009
Have you guys read the damn title?

It's AKAME ga Kill not MINE ga Kill.
Jul 4, 2015 4:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
coolxal said:

Yeah, Akame ga Kill. Not Akame x Tatsumi. What's your point?
Jul 4, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2011
HaXXspetten said:
coolxal said:

Yeah, Akame ga Kill. Not Akame x Tatsumi. What's your point?
And it's not Tatsumi ga Kill either. I don't see his point either.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 4, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2015
coolxal said:

So? Is there really a rule specify that the main protagonist have to have a love relationship? Do you really read or watch any other manga and anime?

Jul 4, 2015 11:23 AM

May 2015
I don't think OP knows what NTR means... And how does a romance between character ruined a manga that is mainly featuring killing and action?

DarklordVor said:
coolxal said:

So? Is there really a rule specify that the main protagonist have to have a love relationship? Do you really read or watch any other manga and anime?

Also this. Let's not forget big manga like One Piece will NEVER, as specified by Oda, will have romance between the crew. Or a manga like Naruto where he did not end up with the main girl. Or any other manga that do not go on a cliche route where the main protagonist will end with another main protagonist.
Jul 6, 2015 11:06 PM
Jul 2010
I personally think the title of this series is more of a play of words than directly referring to Akame... but that's just my opinion.

I do think the series dipped severely in quality around the point of Tatsumi's "execution"
Jul 7, 2015 12:18 AM

Oct 2014
RemixX said:
I personally think the title of this series is more of a play of words than directly referring to Akame... but that's just my opinion.

I do think the series dipped severely in quality around the point of Tatsumi's "execution"

Yeah, I'd say it was right after that. It should get better now the WH is dead. We can only hope.
Aug 27, 2015 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
There was no mein NTR but author NTRing his readers let's face the truth. If we're talking about Tatsumi x mein then the relationship WAS forced hands down. I can't remember well (1 chapter per month) but I can clearly remember that there was no real development between them from the start:

1. (yelling/beating/laughing at Tatsumi at start)
2. later forcing him to do work for her (carrying bags and stuff like that even if he doesn't wanted to)
3. Her attitude changed when he "rescued her" and she was in love with out of nowhere!? so typical
Princess save style always makes characters fall in love pff. so sick of it already.
4. Prophet said some shit and they took it seriously out of nowhere.
5. Tatsumi hated her even before confession and when she confessed out of nowhere HE FOR FUCK'S SAKE CHANGED HIS OPINION OF HER?! rly!? so dissapointing and FORCED.

Author just wanted to make his fav char "mein" happy and in relationship with MC, so he needed to throw this shit at us, it is real NTR!

If we're talking about real development where romantic feelings weren't forced it will be ONLY ONE PAIR: Wave x Kurome. But author will kill Kurome for sure... but couldn't kill Mein fuck him.
Aug 27, 2015 2:06 PM

Mar 2015
Raisken said:
There was no mein NTR but author NTRing his readers let's face the truth. If we're talking about Tatsumi x mein then the relationship WAS forced hands down. I can't remember well (1 chapter per month) but I can clearly remember that there was no real development between them from the start:

2. later forcing him to do work for her (carrying bags and stuff like that even if he doesn't wanted to)
3. Her attitude changed when he "rescued her" and she was in love with out of nowhere!? so typical
Princess save style always makes characters fall in love pff. so sick of it already.
5. Tatsumi hated her even before confession and when she confessed out of nowhere HE FOR FUCK'S SAKE CHANGED HIS OPINION OF HER?! rly!? so dissapointing and FORCED.

Author just wanted to make his fav char "mein" happy and in relationship with MC, so he needed to throw this shit at us, it is real NTR!

If we're talking about real development where romantic feelings weren't forced it will be ONLY ONE PAIR: Wave x Kurome. But author will kill Kurome for sure... but couldn't kill Mein fuck him.

I thought there are some developments between them.

1. They went to battles together multiple of times. That Mine started to feel comfortable with Tatsumi. Mine and Tatsumi started off having arguments, and therefore made them got closer to each other. You wouldn't really be angry to someone you don't really care, if you don't get closer with them right?
2. Yeah she does do that. But if you're a guy, you would probably felt like having a date or something. Also Mine started to see Tatsumi as a man when he got his Incrursio from Bulat. And therefore reduced her yelling/beating/laughing at Tatsumi.
3. Mine was rescued by Tatsumi, as she have all her hopes up, Tatsumi saved her from death and then she began to see Tatsumi as a very nice guy and not only her underlings.
4. That weird prophet is not taken too seriously and just for gag too.
5. Tatsumi never really "hated" her. Sure they fight all the time and they don't get along. But Tatsumi never consider her as a crazy bitch or something. Otherwise why would he bother to save Mine? He could just report that, "Oh yeah Seryuu is too strong for Mine" or something. Also Mine told him that even if he don't love her, she will make him fall for her.

Also Kurome is "supposed" to die, you know, because Akame "loves" her dearly.

Aug 27, 2015 2:08 PM

Apr 2008
DarklordVor said:
Raisken said:

1. They went to battles together multiple of times. That Mine started to feel comfortable with Tatsumi. Mine and Tatsumi started off having arguments, and therefore made them got closer to each other. You wouldn't really be angry to someone you don't really care, if you don't get closer with them right?
2. Yeah she does do that. But if you're a guy, you would probably felt like having a date or something. Also Mine started to see Tatsumi as a man when he got his Incrursio from Bulat. And therefore reduced her yelling/beating/laughing at Tatsumi.
3. Mine was rescued by Tatsumi, as she have all her hopes up, Tatsumi saved her from death and then she began to see Tatsumi as a very nice guy and not only her underlings.
5. Tatsumi never really "hated" her. Sure they fight all the time and they don't get along. But Tatsumi never consider her as a crazy bitch or something. Otherwise why would he bother to save Mine? He could just report that, "Oh yeah Seryuu is too strong for Mine" or something. Also Mine told him that even if he don't love her, she will make him fall for her.

Must be nice to live in your own little world
Aug 27, 2015 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
I really hate shippers, they go full rant mode when their ship sinks even when the romance was never a thing, like in this case. Just let things flow
ciferenforfirenAug 27, 2015 2:16 PM
Aug 27, 2015 2:44 PM

Oct 2011
DarklordVor said:
Raisken said:

1. Going to a fight together changes nothing with regards to romantic relationships, it can only build trust and teamplay. Other feelings are not allowed there. So this develoipment is not valid.
2 Well sure guy can see it that way, but who would want to do it for a girl he dislikes at the moment? we're talking about the start here where she treated him like a trash and he didn't see her as good person yet. See him as a man when he got incursio - so that would mean she wouldn't give a shit about him if he didn't get it and he couldn't save her sorry ass every time.
3. You said it yourself, all she cares about is someone to save her sorry ass. That's why she needs someone strong lol.
4. Well it was a gag sure, but their reactions at it should be different, like strong denial / not blushing etc.
5. Well hate maybe is too hard word for it, better would be "dislike". He never saw her as anyone special to him up to the point of confession. I can't grasp what made him change from "dislike" to "love" in such short time frame. He never showed interest in her, he also didn't want to have much in common with her. (just re-read earlier chapters, lol).
"why would he bother to save Mine?" - because author have no guts to kill his fav character. Also no matter how stupid she would be for him, she is still part of night raid and has at least "some value" to the revolution.

"Also Mine told him that even if he don't love her, she will make him fall for her." - Only good valid reason you gave, to make him warm up to her and make a step for him to fall for her. But his reaction to it should be different -> like him warming up a little to her and seeing her in new light, not go "I'm falling heels over for you" it's UNREALISTIC in this situation, after all those developments.

They never discussed their common interests, problems etc. before being sure "I'm in love". They have NOTHING in common, what would make them a good couple. They know nothing of each other except maybe the past, what made them be like this - and that's all of development I can see to make them a step closer to being a romantic interests.

I wouldn't care less if they would end up together anyway in the end of the manga, if the confession didn't occur yet. Just make their relationship BELIEVEABLE not HASTE-FORCED. Taking a look at Wave x Kurome they still take their time even if it is obvious at this point that they do like each other, but at least it has real developments to enforce it, unlike Tatsumi x Mein.

What we got so far for Tatsumi x Mein:
1. Bickering and dislike of each other.
2. Fighting together.
3. Fighting together..
4. Fighting together...
5. Fighting together....
6. Confession? Did I miss anything?

Now let's take a look at Wave x Kurome developments;
1. First meeting
2. Fighting together
3. Helping each other out, outside of battle
4. Kurome comforting Wave, after Bols death
5. Wave making his mind to protect Kurome
6. She confides her fear of being killed for being weak and useless to him, and thanks him for his concern
7. Play chess together during their free time
8. Kurome is usually seen walking with Wave
9. Expresses real concern when Wave is near breaking point for the actions of Wild Hunt
10. Tending his wounds
11. Very grateful for him when he protected her from Syura

Can you see the difference in the developments? It's huge and not even worth comparing to each other.
Re-read the manga to see that I am not lying about those developments. Even the wiki will say so too. That's why I consider Tatsumi x Mein as stupid forced unbelievable relationship.

Darklight0303 said:

@Darklight0303
I have read lots of your posts, even in other title topics and I see our views and tastes are pretty similar, regarding most things. Does that make me also a hater? since people call you that xD
ArreitAug 27, 2015 3:20 PM
Aug 27, 2015 3:28 PM

Apr 2008
Raisken said:
DarklordVor said:

1. Going to a fight together changes nothing with regards to romantic relationships, it can only build trust and teamplay. Other feelings are not allowed there. So this develoipment is not valid.
2 Well sure guy can see it that way, but who would want to do it for a girl he dislikes at the moment? we're talking about the start here where she treated him like a trash and he didn't see her as good person yet. See him as a man when he got incursio - so that would mean she wouldn't give a shit about him if he didn't get it and he couldn't save her sorry ass every time.
3. You said it yourself, all she cares about is someone to save her sorry ass. That's why she needs someone strong lol.
4. Well it was a gag sure, but their reactions at it should be different, like strong denial / not blushing etc.
5. Well hate maybe is too hard word for it, better would be "dislike". He never saw her as anyone special to him up to the point of confession. I can't grasp what made him change from "dislike" to "love" in such short time frame. He never showed interest in her, he also didn't want to have much in common with her. (just re-read earlier chapters, lol).
"why would he bother to save Mine?" - because author have no guts to kill his fav character. Also no matter how stupid she would be for him, she is still part of night raid and has at least "some value" to the revolution.

"Also Mine told him that even if he don't love her, she will make him fall for her." - Only good valid reason you gave, to make him warm up to her and make a step for him to fall for her. But his reaction to it should be different -> like him warming up a little to her and seeing her in new light, not go "I'm falling heels over for you" it's UNREALISTIC in this situation, after all those developments.

They never discussed their common interests, problems etc. before being sure "I'm in love". They have NOTHING in common, what would make them a good couple. They know nothing of each other except maybe the past, what made them be like this - and that's all of development I can see to make them a step closer to being a romantic interests.

I wouldn't care less if they would end up together anyway in the end of the manga, if the confession didn't occur yet. Just make their relationship BELIEVEABLE not HASTE-FORCED. Taking a look at Wave x Kurome they still take their time even if it is obvious at this point that they do like each other, but at least it has real developments to enforce it, unlike Tatsumi x Mein.

What we got so far for Tatsumi x Mein:
1. Bickering and dislike of each other.
2. Fighting together.
3. Fighting together..
4. Fighting together...
5. Fighting together....
6. Confession? Did I miss anything?

Now let's take a look at Wave x Kurome developments;
1. First meeting
2. Fighting together
3. Helping each other out, outside of battle
4. Kurome comforting Wave, after Bols death
5. Wave making his mind to protect Kurome
6. She confides her fear of being killed for being weak and useless to him, and thanks him for his concern
7. Play chess together during their free time
8. Kurome is usually seen walking with Wave
9. Expresses real concern when Wave is near breaking point for the actions of Wild Hunt
10. Tending his wounds
11. Very grateful for him when he protected her from Syura

Can you see the difference in the developments? It's huge and not even worth comparing to each other.
Re-read the manga to see that I am not lying about those developments. Even the wiki will say so too. That's why I consider Tatsumi x Mein as stupid forced unbelievable relationship.

Darklight0303 said:

@Darklight0303
I have read lots of your posts, even in other title topics and I see our views and tastes are pretty similar, regarding most things. Does that make me also a hater? since people call you that xD

No it makes you someone who actually has a functioning brain wedged firmly in reality.
Aug 27, 2015 3:29 PM

Jun 2014
tsudecimo said:
Aug 27, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Raisken you win, a friend told me the author is planning on rewriting agk and making Mine die before her relationship with Tatsumi borns
Aug 27, 2015 3:55 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:

lol not all. But, hey, I've some 'ntr' manga where mc likes a girl (but hasn't really talked to her), but then the girls goes out with another guy; so OP is not the only one confused about it.
Aug 27, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:

No it makes you someone who actually has a functioning brain wedged firmly in reality.

So, true. Most people don't use their brains at all here, they just want to see what they want even if it does not have any ground support to it.

Well it's easier to call people like us haters after all, because we crash their reasons and dreams...

Ruffette said:
Raisken you win, a friend told me the author is planning on rewriting agk and making Mine die before her relationship with Tatsumi borns

Why do you sound like a little kid who lost reasoning? if you like Mein feel free to defend her, but at least give good reasons which I could overlook, though it's a small chance.
Aug 28, 2015 7:10 AM

Aug 2013
Raisken said:
Ruffette said:

Why do you sound like a little kid who lost reasoning? if you like Mein feel free to defend her, but at least give good reasons which I could overlook, though it's a small chance.
Sorry I was having a very bad day and I took the first opportunity to release steam. Again, sorry for the stupid post.
But in all seriousness, I don't think Mine's relationship is that strange, and you act that it had to be love at first sight or nothing and almost all your points could be applied to any woman in the series that ended with Tatsumi. That is because this series isn't to focused on romance, in the way that the development of relationships isn't very detailed and it shouldn't necesary be, as it's selling point is the brutal atmosphere and not romance. Also I am not a fan of Mine, I only don't see the big deal with her being the love choice

Peace ;)
Aug 28, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2011
Ruffette said:
Raisken said:

Sorry I was having a very bad day and I took the first opportunity to release steam. Again, sorry for the stupid post.
But in all seriousness, I don't think Mine's relationship is that strange, and you act that it had to be love at first sight or nothing and almost all your points could be applied to any woman in the series that ended with Tatsumi. That is because this series isn't to focused on romance, in the way that the development of relationships isn't very detailed and it shouldn't necesary be, as it's selling point is the brutal atmosphere and not romance. Also I am not a fan of Mine, I only don't see the big deal with her being the love choice

Peace ;)

No worries, it's human thing after all :P

"and almost all your points could be applied to any woman in the series that ended with Tatsumi"

- True, but it can still change during this last arc though it's more than obvious nothing of the sort will happen anyway. Though if I were to look who had the most development with him would be Akame. What enforces this reasoning is that in the beginning Tatsumi came to know Akame a lot more then he did Mein (training chapter). Later when Sheele died - Tatsumi thought Akame didn't feel anything at the moment, and his promise to her later on. She seems to always worry about him when he goes to battle, at least it is seen that she is more worried about him rather then the rest of the cast. He gets to know about her past and Kurome.
And that's pretty all of it if I recall correctly, but those can be considered as real developments and have some solid ground, where with Mein the only real development was him saving her from Seryuu. He would be better without a girl, but Takahiro seems to be a fanboy where he needs to satisfy his own self or force nonsense to his readers.

"That is because this series isn't to focused on romance, in the way that the development of relationships isn't very detailed and it shouldn't necesary be"

- True again, but even if it isn't romance manga, it can still be made realistic. Wave and Kurome is a solid argument for that, since anyone could see that there is "something more" between them (after all this developments), even if they didn't confessed to each other. So why couldn't he just postpone Mein's confession just to make a solid ground for them to stand like WxK ship? He could do the same for them like: Mein treating Tatsumi's wounds, protect her from Lubbock's "peeping" when girls bath etc. small things but would enforce it at least a little.
Aug 28, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, OP. You dumb.
Aug 28, 2015 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
Don't watch School Days

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.