Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2009
Since new shows have starting airing the hardest Club Event continues with Spring 2015.

You can use these links to see the majority that is airing this season:

http://static.neregate.com/2015/06/neregate.com-Summer-2015-Anime-Chart-v3.jpg
http://www.animeph.com/summer-2015-new-anime-season-preview-list

Some questions to think about:

What shows seem notable to you?

Are you enjoying the anime?

Are you going to continue watching?

What shows do you not think highly of?
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 2, 2015 3:50 AM
Jul 2, 2015 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
-Gangsta
-Chaos Dragon
-Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
-Aoharu x Kikanjuu
-Joukamachi no Dandelion
-Durarara!!x2 Ten
-Gatchaman Crowds Insight
-Rokka no Yuusha
-God Eater
-Akagami no Shiroyuki-hime
-Non Non Biyori Repeat
-Jitsu wa Watashi Wa
-Overlord
-Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
-Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!

Which shows are you watching?
-Charlotte
-Chaos Dragon
-Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
-Joukamachi no Dandelion
-Durarara!!x2 Ten
-Gatchaman Crowds Insight
-Rokka no Yuusha
-Akagami no Shiroyuki-hime
-Non Non Biyori Repeat
-Jitsu wa Watashi Wa
-Overlord
-Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
-Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Are you enjoying them so far?
They're not out yet xD

-Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!
-Danchigai
-Hetalia
-Ushio to Tora
-Miss Monochrome 2
-Wakaba * Girl
-Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
-Classroom Crisis
-Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
-Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
-Venus Project
-Million Doll
-Sore ga Seiyuu
-Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
-Bikini Warriors
-Gakkou Gurashi
-Himouto! Umaru-chan
Jul 24, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2009

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatekaeri
Prison School
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Miss Monochrome 2
Overlord
Gangsta
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
Wooser 3
Ushio to Tora
Rokka no Yuusha
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Working!!!
Aquarion Logos
Teekyuu 5
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Fate Kaleid 2 Hwer
Non Non Biyori
Sore wa Seiyuu
Wakaba * Girl
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Durarara 2: Ten
Dragon Ball Super
To Love Ru Darkness 2
Charlotte
Monster Musume
Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2
SuzakiNishi
Million Doll
Bikini Warriors
Wakako-Zake

Special Notes:

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatekaeri
-A fairly accurate representation of how a war between modern military weapons and fantasy monsters and warriors would go. I'm still not sure where this show is going, but it's one of ym favourites this season.

Prison School
-A extremely raunchy and perverted show, with a lot of humour around sexual jokes. But this show isn't a fan service show. There's actually good comedy in here. No other show this season makes me laugh so much.

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
-Another perverted humour show, but it's execution and presentation are done very well.

Overlord
-I was really looking forward to this one and I was not disappointed. It's a relatively slow show, but it's building it's world at a very interesting and even pace. Not to mention the art is pretty wonderful.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa
-I'm a sucker for a good high school harem comedy. The jokes are good and I really like the art style. A thumbs Up.

Chaos Dragon
-The first episode of this show was extremely offensive to me, and raised a lot of red flags. After watching episode 2 and 3, this show turns out to be generic and awful. Don't watch this.

Chaos Dragon
Joukamachi no Dandelion
Classroom Crisis
Symphogear
God Eater
Himouto! Umaru-chan
Gakkou Gurashi
Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!
Danchigai
Ranpo Kitan
Venus Project
Kuusen Madoushi

Current Thoughts:

Overall I'm awestruck with how many good shows are airing this season. It's been a long while since a season had such a strong line-up. There are plenty of great shows in almost every genre. You will find something you like.
Oct 1, 2015 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
My thoughts on Summer 2015. As usual if it's not on these lists, it was either not bad, but not good. Not worth mentioning.

Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

Rokka no Yuusha
Overlord
Prison School
Jitsu wa Watshi Wa
Non Non Biyori Repeat
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Working 3
Fate Kaleid 2wers
Miis Monochrome 2
Monster Musume
Wooser 3
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Classroom Crisis
Sore ga Seiyuu!
Teekyuu 5
Gangsta
Durarara x2 Ten
Shimoneta
Wakaba Girl
Makura no Danshi
Wakako-Zake
Bikini Warriors
Himouto Umaru

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:

Aquarion Logos
Ushio to Tora
Dragon Ball Super
Chu Feng: BEE
Gintama

Shows that disappointed me:

Charlotte
Chaos Dragon
Joukamachi no Dandelion
Gakkou Gurashi
Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Idolmaster Cinderella girls 2
Symphogear 3
Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!
Oremonogatari
Ranpo Kitan
Danchigai
Kuusen Madoushi
God Eater
Million Doll

Special notes:

My undeniable top five of the season:

Rokka no Yuusha: By far the best action adventure show for a long time. Awesome characters awesome story, and awesome story telling. The finale did seem a bit off, but this is the best show of the season. Needs a second season.

Overlord: Serious and somewhat dark. Overlord isn't about a "boy trapped in an MMO" it's about a man transported to another world into the form of a skeleton overlord. He becomes this all powerful lord of group of monsters. Well written and fantastically placed. This needs a second season.

Prison School: By far the best comedy of the season. Raunchy and racy. Plenty of blood and violence, but for comedy's sake. An excellent comedy. The Ending hinted at a second season, but no confirmation. It needs one.

Jitsu wa Watshi Wa: The best romantic comedy harem in a while. The characters are extremely likable, and the jokes and genuinely funny. Needs 2nd season.

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri: What happens when a fantasy army invades japan? Well this show shows you what our modern military would fair against fantasy armies. And the result probably won't surprise you. Enjoyable characters and dialogue, even if the overall story is lacking. A second season is confirmed.

Monster Musume
-Shameless fanservice at it's best. It knows what it is, and doesn't try to be edgy about it.

Shimoneta
-This perverted comedy started out wonderfully. It was one of my favourites. By the end, it was no longer. A great strong start with a limp finish. Just like perverted jokes.

Dragon Ball Super
-Oh god, this is dreadful. Toriyama isn't back. This is a mess. So far they've not even finished the Gods arc. It's so pandering for time and wasting everything it has. Go watch the movie, the movie was good. But skip this arc in the anime. You won't gain from watching it.

Chu Feng: BEE
-Only two episodes have aired as of this post, and it's a rather enjoyable show. I want to see more, but the release schedule is uncertain.

Charlotte
-This show had it's ups and downs. The first half was good, then a couple bad episodes, a good finish, and then for some reason, and awful rushed finale that was awful and horribly paced. By episode twelve the show had won me over, then the finale kicked me in the balls. You want a good show of this genre? Go back and watch Angel Beats, you'll have a better time.

Chaos Dragon
-I knew from the start this show wouldn't be any good, and I was right. From the first episode the main character is told, that he has to sacrifice people he cares about to gain the power to kill one person. SPOILER ALERT, and since I really despise this show, the main lesson he learns at the end is, he shouldn't sacrifice his friends to save his country, but he should sacrifice the person he loves most.....Anyway, they say five influential artists came up with this plot. I say they should stick to art.

Joukamachi no Dandelion
-A show I didn't think would be good. Became a decent weekly watch, then wasted all it had. I really liked some of the characters and ideas, but in the end it was all a big let down.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight
-This show is about super heroes doing super hero things. Wait, that's Tiger and Bunny. No, this show is about super heroes trying their hands at politics. The first season skipped the final boss battle and focused on the issue of trying to "update" the world. To use a common power to make the world a better place. With a decent threat and conclusion it worked. Season two is about how a country's feelings can sway the country to do horrible things. And I shit you not, the finale build up to the whole thing was a political vote. The super heroes weren't need for this show. They were fluff, for a political story that would have been better told without them.

Final Thoughts:

Some insanely good shows this season. Overall an awesome season with few bad shows
Oct 2, 2015 7:41 PM

Aug 2012
Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

Gatchaman Crowds Insight
Rokka no Yuusha
Overlord
Prison School
Jitsu wa Watshi Wa
Durarara x2 Ten

Shows that are two seasons long, and thus haven't finished airing:

Shows that disappointed me:

Chaos Dragon
Ninja Slayer

Special notes:

Ninja Slayer
-I was pretty hyped for this--I really enjoyed Inferno Cop, so I was excited to see that it was supposed to be similar to it with its animation and craziness. Instead, I was incredibly disappointed. Jokes were often repeated and fell flat, and a lot of the time it seemed like it didn't know whether to be serious for funny. Next Thursday is the last episode, but I can confidently say that the ending won't change my mind.

Chaos Dragon
-I didn't have high expectations going into this show, but holy crap I didn't expect it to be terrible. Themes were muddled, and the show gave very mixed and terrible messages. All the characters were incredibly flat and uninteresting, and with a predictable and boring story to boot. I would definitely tell people to actively avoid this anime.

Charlotte
-I loved Angel Beats, and I knew that Charlotte is also by Jun Maeda, but I still didn't go in with much expectations. Either, the story actually surprised me with how it turned out. Although the ending could be better, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this show.

Prison School
-After watching the first episode, I thought "Man, am I REALLY gonna continue watching this raunchy show?" But indeed I did continue and, to my surprise, I was really enjoying myself watching it. The suspense of whether or not the guys would get away with their plans kept me tuning in every Friday, and the suspense was always killing me. The characters are definitely memorable as well, but its definitely the suspense that kept me hooked.

Joukamachi no Dandelion
-I was looking forward to this anime, and I was impressed with how good it turned out. It also got a proper ending, which is arguably very rare nowadays. Cute characters, cute stories, lovable sibling dynamics--it's definitely one of the top shows this summer for me.

Rokka no Yuusha
-I really want this show to get a second season! The mystery surrounding the story kept me coming back, and I would find myself in my free time thinking about who the 7th might be. Interesting characters and dynamics was a plus. I didn't like the ending, simply because it leaves it open to a second season that we may not get.

Overlord
-This show started off slow, which kinda annoyed me cause I was hyped for it. It does sort of pay off, but I feel like this show had so much potential that it ultimately wasted due to dilly-dallying.

Final Thoughts:
Summer was most definitely a strong season, with some bad eggs here and there. I'm so glad that I decided to watch way more ongoing anime this summer, because it was packed with good shows.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Event S18: Spring 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 11, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:48 PM

» Club Event W18: Winter 2018

eighttailedfox - Jan 1, 2018

3 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:46 PM

» Club Event 75: April 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 4, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 4, 2018 1:48 PM

» Club Event 74: March 2018

eighttailedfox - Mar 4, 2018

1 by eighttailedfox »»
Mar 31, 2018 10:53 PM

» Club Event 73: February 2018

eighttailedfox - Feb 2, 2018

2 by MonochromeSong »»
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.