Forum Settings
Forums

'Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru' Spin-off Novel Announced

New
Jun 30, 2015 10:45 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Dengeki G's has opened the official website for the upcoming light novel Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru (Wakaba Nogi is a Hero) today. The new series is a spin-off of the original anime Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru and will begin its serialization in the September issue of Dengeki G's Magazine, to be released on July 30.

Based on the original concept by Akame ga Kill's creator Takahiro, Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru will be written by Akashiro Aoi (scriptwriter for this season's Arslan Senki) and illustrated by BUNBUN (original character designer and artist of the franchise's previous works).

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (Yuki Yuna is a Hero) aired for one cours in Fall 2014, and its first BD/DVD volume sold more than 11,708 copies after its initial release. It has since received a manga adaptation and several light novel spin-offs. The anime was licensed for US distribution and dubbed in English by Ponycan US; the second BD/DVD volumes were released on June 10.

Official website: http://yushadearu.jp/nogiwakaba/

Source: Dengeki

News submitted by kuuderes_shadow
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Jun 30, 2015 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
I hope it's as good as the other two storylines (yuuki yuuna & washio sumi) were.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 30, 2015 10:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Geh

Well Yuuki Yuuna was terrible enough so idk about this...
Jun 30, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if this will be adapted into an anime in the future. Somewhat interested.
Jun 30, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2010
Meh.
Jun 30, 2015 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
Since there really isn't a need for a second season, this spinoff could be adapted into a 1 cour anime instead.

Jun 30, 2015 11:18 AM
Mar 2012
The announcement of the novel was made in the early parts of June, but nonetheless I am glad light novel news are getting more publicity. Supposedly, this takes place before the Yuuki Yuuna sequel Sonogo no Sonoko. If any series of the Yuuki Yuuna franchise should get an anime adaption, Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru is my top choice since it is the prequel to the main series, not to mention giving background information of characters that appeared in the anime such as Sonoko.
Jun 30, 2015 11:25 AM
Sep 2014
I really hope other animated season :)
Jun 30, 2015 12:01 PM

Dec 2011
LastChapter said:
The announcement of the novel was made in the early parts of June, but nonetheless I am glad light novel news are getting more publicity.

The title was announced on 12th June, but nothing else about it was officially known until yesterday/earlier today (depending on your time zone), although a few details were leaked 3 days ago. The website is new today/late yesterday Japan time
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 30, 2015 12:11 PM
Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
LastChapter said:
The announcement of the novel was made in the early parts of June, but nonetheless I am glad light novel news are getting more publicity.
The title was announced on 12th June, but nothing else about it was officially known until yesterday/earlier today (depending on your time zone), although a few details were leaked 3 days ago. The website is new today/late yesterday Japan time
Those facts are indeed indisputable.
Jun 30, 2015 1:01 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Since Arslan Senki's scriptwriter is composing this spin-off, it might also be pretty good.

I'm assuming Wakaba is Sonoko's sister, going by that they both have the same last name?

Jun 30, 2015 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
One of the very few that I've dropped on episode 1. Yuuki Yuuna!

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jun 30, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
You have no idea how I felt reading the 'Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru' part just for it to be followed by spin-off novel, god damn it.

LastChapter said:
Supposedly, this takes place before the Yuuki Yuuna sequel Sonogo no Sonoko. If any series of the Yuuki Yuuna franchise should get an anime adaption, Washio Sumi wa Yuusha de Aru is my top choice since it is the prequel to the main series, not to mention giving background information of characters that appeared in the anime such as Sonoko.
Makes no sense, I'd have to go check but I'm lazy right now but didn't Sonogo no Sonoko happen right after the main series? How is this in between? (I guess, thinking about it, the girls could have been replaced with another group right away but that doesn't sound good at all, especially with how they "drove the Vertex away for a while" at the end).
And yes, Washio Sumi needs a movie adaptation asap, really begging for it.

Overall though, I'm not sure how I feel about this, this series is very, very easy to milk, just change the characters and recycle the story with a few changes and you're golden, and after the less than stellar ending that the TV series had I say a second season has to be treated very carefully, there were a couple hints that they left towards the end that could easily be turned into another season (stuff like Yuuna's fainting in the final play, for example) but the ending still left that "eh, this needed another cour, not a sequel", bet this series turning out to be so popular was a huge suprise to them and a second cour would have likely happened if it was always this popular, oh well.
Still, can't say I'm looking forward to this spin-off that much, doubt it'll be bad but there's other things to do before it.
Jun 30, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Mecasonic said:
I don't really understand why they're making a random screenwriter write it instead of Takahiro himself.
Takahiro is busy working on S2.
Jun 30, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2014
Paulo27 said:
Mecasonic said:
I don't really understand why they're making a random screenwriter write it instead of Takahiro himself.
Oh goody, more edgy magical girls!
Jun 30, 2015 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
Paulo27 said:
Mecasonic said:

Season 2 when? Meh, he could at least have a little input, I think.

Jun 30, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
The news was good, until I saw who's writing it. Why not Takahiro. Or at least a writer with some experience.
Jun 30, 2015 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
As long as it would connect to Washio Umi/Yuuki Yuuna and still manage to be as interesting as those two, I'm fine with this. Beside, Arslan Senki TV is quite consistent so their is hope for it.

And I don't see Yuuki Yuuna season 2 coming as the anime itself already have a good ending if combined to its prequel(Washio Umi).
Jun 30, 2015 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
YuYuYu!!!

Well, seeing those changes I just hope they do not disappoint the franchise, it was a quite nice surprise :)
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 1, 2015 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
mlcdl said:
As long as it would connect to Washio Umi/Yuuki Yuuna and still manage to be as interesting as those two, I'm fine with this. Beside, Arslan Senki TV is quite consistent so their is hope for it.

And I don't see Yuuki Yuuna season 2 coming as the anime itself already have a good ending if combined to its prequel(Washio Umi).

But he was the screenwriter for like 3 episodes, not the whole series.
Jul 1, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
gr8 news, now we can see 20x more suffering
Jul 4, 2015 7:30 PM
Jul 2015
As a pretty big YuYuYu fan I'm excited for this. From what information I've gathered it takes place 300 years before the events of the anime, and judging that that was when the apocalypse basically went down I'm expecting this to be pretty dark.
Believe in justice and hold a determination to fist.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.