Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
As someone who started watching this anime halfway through the season, I have to say that I really enjoyed this story! The music was amazing and being an ex-band geek, I loved the rivalries and the comraderies!

I think the way it end was very fitting and I definitely hope that we get another season or movie/ova to wrap things up!

Overall I gave this a 9/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jun 30, 2015 11:50 AM

Feb 2009
This was so good! Who was that girl in the photo? Was that Reina's mom in the audience? That solo was epic! I can't wait for a s2, movie, OVA, whatever! Hibike! has me hooked. 9/10.

Jun 30, 2015 11:53 AM
May 2015
Well, I never thought I'd end up watching this show, its not the kind of thing I normally watch and I'm completely music dumb. But its been really enjoyable.

It was a great ending to the season and I loved the contrast between the first episode and the finale. I also found myself willing them on when the result was being announced, so I think the show did well at building tension, although subtley. Hopefully we will get a second season.

The only thing I would say is that, as a viewer, I think it could do with a little more "showmanship" in the performances and some more lively music, whether that's realistic or not, as they do feel kinda subdued at times. But that's nitpicking.

I'd give the series a 9/10
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jun 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Apr 2015
shanimebib said:

#CHEXIT
Jun 30, 2015 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
All I can say is
fingers crossed for season 2.
9/10
Jun 30, 2015 11:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Cute show but bit overhyped I still think. Not K-On level exactly
Still pretty good though
7/10
Jun 30, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2012
Good series, finale almost made me tear up. Really hope there's a second season for this soon, 7/10.
Jun 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
These motherfucks really did it. Man, that was an awesome finale.
Jun 30, 2015 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
They won the gold, congratulation.
Jun 30, 2015 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
This has been the best Spring 2015 anime by a long shot.

It had everything that makes an anime standout from the rest. Unbelievable animation quality which left professional animators from other renowned studios left awestruck (tweets and responses after episode 12), likeable characters that included character development while they faced off their internal and external conflicts, a human story that made a complete circle from start to finish which included Kumiko's self realization and eventually winning the gold with the band she was in. I don't want to start about the background music and the background details because I will have to write essays for both.

Enjoyment aside, my verdict: This is a 10/10 anime because it gets A's or A+'s in every aspect. A KyoAni Masterpiece.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2015 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
IM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS ENDING
I heard so many rumors about Kumiko and her friend ending up dating or something like that and I'm happy it never happened. Kumirei for life.

10/10. The art was beautiful as was the animation. Kumiko is one of the most realistic characters KyoAni has produced IMO. I love how it made a school band sound like how it actually is, and didn't make them sound perfect. I loved this series.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jun 30, 2015 12:14 PM
Nov 2010
That building up to the announcement at the end was amazing. Just the nervous energy and doubts and sounds were all perfect. I'd say the only thing I was dissappointed by was not hearing the part she praticed so hard on. They were playing a different part of the song when they said the bass were up and celebrated in a flash. I think after having worked so hard on it and emphasizing it so much even the viewers memorized that one euph part. Would've such a great reward to hear it especially after hearing the trumpet solo... =(

Other then that the animation, art, sound, character buildup and storyboard and direction were all amazing, I loved the little details in hearing the valves for the euph and trumpet, or air blown thru without playing, or the bass and snare animation showing how they mute and decrescendo. So much attention to detail made this anime so rich in complexity. The ending was excuted perfectly. So happy that they won!
yngtadpoleJun 30, 2015 12:20 PM
Jun 30, 2015 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful, amazing, one of the best KyoAni's works. That's all I have to say. 9/10

Okay, one thing more - Matching charms for Kumiko and Reina. Hazuki knows what's going on.

Second season please.
Jun 30, 2015 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
I'm so proud of them all :')
I really do hope there is a continuation!
Jun 30, 2015 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
it was amazing! I was breathless during reina solo part omg glad it turned to be perfect
Just another seasonal anime fan
Jun 30, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
Golden final episode, 8/10 overall.

It's a shame that the best show so far this year had the worst discussions and "debates", on both sides.
Jun 30, 2015 12:25 PM
Jun 2015
That was awesome. The visuals, music, characters, every detail counts, sugoii Kyo-Ani... but it was so open-ended. Looking forward for season 2, especially seeing the sad facade of Asuka-sempai :( It seems Kyo Ani might go for it.

In the end it was all about their music and thats what I came here for to begin with, not the drama nor shippings. Finally, Kumiko and Shuichi's friendship was reforged :3 (so I kinda wish that season 2 would not happen because of that).

Anyway in the end, Kumiko and Reina's hand holding was zoomed (KyoAni: this is what you want? we will give it to you!) and IM NOT SATISFIED! Kyoto Animation is such a player :3 But overall, H!E was glorious.
doodlemeJun 30, 2015 12:38 PM
Jun 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2011
Amazing finale.

I was so nervous and excited when they performed for some reason, and happy to see they'll go to the Nationals! They deserved it!

Most of the characters, most notably Kumiko and Reina, were enjoyable to watch. Although I have to wonder.. what happened with Asuka in this episode?

The art and animation? Well, needless to say they were in top quality, from episode 1 until the finale. Good job, KyoAni.

Now, season 2 please! (or a movie also works!)
Jun 30, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
kumiko and shuichi make good friends. as in friends.

BEAUTIFUL FINALE

my god you could feel the tension throughout the entire episode from the start of kumiko leaving the house until the end when they announced the winners

10 for me

wonderful slice of life series.

animation was fantastic and fluid, backgrounds were beatiful, the series had several fantastic moments, thought voice acting was good, setting of the story was down to earth and the series did a fantastic job with it, music was obviously good

Reina x Kumiko
Jun 30, 2015 12:32 PM
Jul 2014
Extremely satisfying finale! Pretty much my favorite for this season. Characters, animation and everything overall was great. Hoping for a s2 now :)
8/10
Jun 30, 2015 12:36 PM

Nov 2014
The art, animation, directing, and voice acting were excellent. Aside from that, this series was kind of normal. Some of the character chemistry was sweet, and the general experience of being in a band was nicely detailed, but nothing really extraordinary or unpredictable happened.

7/10
Jun 30, 2015 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
This turned out be one of my favourites for this season!
Jun 30, 2015 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
Not bad not bad. To be honnest that kind of over-emotional ending (after the results) always missed the goal for me, having the exact opposite effect.
But the performance was very enjoyable, I wish their was more playing during the whole anime. The solo part was interesting, not something easy on the ear with some intended assonances with the background instruments.

Euphonium is overally a 8 on my side. As a minus I really found some episodes boring (like the 7th), there was far more (sometimes forced) drama than needed, and I was not each week really waiting impatiently for the next episode.
But on the other side, there were many well written characters, every little thing was polished (each bedroom had its style and such). The art was amazing, especially the background & light, and even the use of 3D was nicely done. Special mention to Asuka Tanaka, Natsuki Nakagawa & Taki the teacher of course. Strangely I never especially liked Kousaka.

Euphonium was a very slow anime, not in a bad way. Just seeing how the flat and a bit boring Kumiko grows slowly to something quite interesting sum up it well.

It ends like a 2nd season will come, let's hope.
ZiassanJun 30, 2015 6:07 PM
Jun 30, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
I love how Kumiko had a Ponytail for this ep :3

Awesome performance. I loved the animation and the music so much. No CG too :O Sasuga Kyoani ^^;

KumikoxReina too cyoote <3

And Damn I actually clapped after they were done :P

Congratz :3 Kumiko still best girl <3
Jun 30, 2015 12:46 PM

Sep 2010
shanimebib said:
ichigo_daisuki said:
Does anyone know how much the anime adapted of the novel series?

First volume out of four available.

The fourth is most likely be the final volume. And if they plan to make a movie sequel, I will hope they do with the final volume because

Thank you for reply!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jun 30, 2015 12:51 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Finally, Ponytail Kumiko is back! She definitely looks the best that way. I love how Reina came to her to get her hair into a ponytail too. That elbow fighting in the train.. :3

Asuka was usually down this episode. Perhaps, she not all that (mentally) strong as it seems. Still the best girl though.

Both pieces of performance went rather well. Yuko and Kaori's face when Reina was playing the solo parts.. Such suffering, much deserving.. (Well, except for Kaori).

Dem tears and hand holding at the end.. I hope their piece will continue to a second season someday. Needed more (Yuri) romance.

Jun 30, 2015 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
That hit right in the band feels, and was overall an accurate representation of school life while being in band. This last episode was a great ending, couldn't have been done better. Will hope for a second season.
Jun 30, 2015 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Great finale, but I demand a second season!!!!!
Overall an 8/10 for me :D
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Jun 30, 2015 12:57 PM

Nov 2010
It ended on a high note.
Jun 30, 2015 1:04 PM

May 2014
SECOND SEASON WHEN ?!!?!?!?!! I NEED NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2015 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
This episode was more or less perfect. They handled the concert scene expertly, from the sound to the lighting to how much inner monologuing there was, while showcasing the entire performance.

Easily one of the best this season, bar none. Hell, it might be the best. 9/10, would love a second season.
Jun 30, 2015 1:15 PM
Mar 2014
A drag of an episode to finish such a slow show could be called a fitting ending. A pretty nice performance musically, but it's boring to watch when you already know how it'll end.

5/10 episode, 4/10 anime -- got better towards the end, but still a waste of time
Jun 30, 2015 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
Finally time for the big show aka national competition.
I don't know music since I'm not a music person, but I like what I heard in this series.
And they took GOLD...so epic.
That "yuri" hand holding lol
9/10
Jun 30, 2015 1:22 PM

Apr 2013
Easily AOTS for me with oregairu in close second
The performance was wonderful and the finale is very satisfying
and like I anticipated it become the best show KyoAni has produced since Hyouka
9/10
Jun 30, 2015 1:24 PM
Jan 2015
shanimebib said:
Unbelievable animation quality which left professional animators from other renowned studios left awestruck (tweets and responses after episode 12),

Could you please link a few of those tweets? I'd be interested in reading them (using the magnificent google translations).
Jun 30, 2015 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
Yup ! So they qualified for Regionals? Or Nationals , Didn't quite understand :|

Although I'm really not into this kind of music at all , somehow I did enjoy this show.

Animation , Art is incredible ! And to get all those Sound samples.. KyoAni did an excellent job !
Jun 30, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2007
The animation... Wow. Seriously just wow. Good job KyoAni for reals. The band performance was awesome. The feelings got through the viewer so well.Amazing how people at the beginning of the show called it " soulless". Reina crying <3
The only part where I can't approve is Kaoris acceptance of Reina during the performance and her happy face. She should be full of regrets no matter how happy she is. But I can't be objective here cause this is how I see things and not everyone is so competitive. I just can't imagine myself having that sort of face at a similar scenario. The fist bumps were awesome. Go go go. SEASON TWO PLEASE!!!!
Jun 30, 2015 1:32 PM
Mar 2013
Vindstot said:
Asuka was usually down this episode. Perhaps, she not all that (mentally) strong as it seems. Still the best girl though.

Asuka's reason:
htsujiJun 30, 2015 2:41 PM
Jun 30, 2015 1:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
htsuji said:
Vindstot said:

Asuka's reason:

Damn, that's quite the predicament she in. I hope there'll be a second season where her character will get more focus.

Jun 30, 2015 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Their performance for the contest was beautiful! I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to classical music, but I could tell how well they played. So happy that they won!! For some odd reason I was actually expecting them not to win. Not because they're bad.. I just thought they'd go for a less "fluffy" ending? "Fluffy" totally isn't the right word, but it's the only adjective I can think of.
Also, Taki looked super cute in a tuxedo. ;;>_>

I'd give this an 8/10. When I started this I wasn't too impressed, but it just got better and better with each episode.
Jun 30, 2015 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
Very exciting and moving finale! They really managed to show the tension and made viewer care about their road and victory!

8/10 for the series. KyoAni ressurrection!

Would like to see the movie of this.
Jun 30, 2015 1:55 PM

Nov 2009
This episode literally made me shed tears ... Everything was just beautiful and emotional to watch.

This probably one of the best finale episode, it captured all the efforts, wishes and passion of youth. Damn, it would be a shame if Kyo Ani didn't want to make a second season. Or a movie about international competition is enough.

9/10.
Jun 30, 2015 1:56 PM
Dec 2014
Just great. It was a great finale. I haven't thought that their performance would give me that much goose bumps. The announcement of the results scene was also done very well.

Overall the visuals, animation, music and characters were great! It's a strong 8 out of 10.

Now I need a sequel. KyoAni please deliver!
Jun 30, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
Amazing finale
9/10
Jun 30, 2015 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
What an excellent finale. I'm glad that the whole group performed perfectly, especially Reina's solo trumpet part.

The art and animation remained consistently brilliant throughout the series, with epsiode 12 being the highlight of KyoAni's animation skills.

Overall, an 8/10, possibly a 9/10 once I let this episode sink into my head more. Hopefully a second series should be made ASAP.
Jun 30, 2015 1:59 PM
Feb 2014
There are so many unanswered questions, why asuka is the way she is? who the girl was in sensei's picture? All the romances going on? Nationals? WE NEED A SECOND SEASON :D :D :D

Show of the season, art wise and story wise. 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2015 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I am SO happy that they made it!! That felt so good man. So good.
Jun 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't mind a 2nd season
Jun 30, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Vanschia said:
I wouldn't mind a 2nd season

There better be a second season!!
Jun 30, 2015 2:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Bravo! Congratulations to them! >w<)/ I think it would make sense that they win. I mean, it was their goal in the entire show after all. I was watching and listening to them perform, but when the results were announced and Kitauji High earned Gold, I was looking carefully at their facial reactions. And since it was done in a magnificent manner with the slow motion, a tear fell from my eye from witnessing how surprised and emotional they all were. :')

I love the final picture at the end of the credits with the entire band taking a photo shoot, and they're all happy (of course) in earning the gold trophy. Bravo! My score of 8/10 increased to 9/10 after the finale for the entire series! :)
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

452 by Pandazzle »»
Apr 7, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2015

180 by teraphIl1000 »»
Mar 24, 6:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.