Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2015 7:33 PM

Feb 2012
_Charl said:
Zei33 said:
Please tell me I wasn't the only one who was confused as fuck but completely smashed by the feels

You could check in other threads about something that you don't get.
Okay thanks!
Jun 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Dec 2012
While this season was indeed a bit better than the first season, it's still lack of clear main storyline. I got the romance, but I really did not get what's what with Yukinoshita. Her backstory was completely kept under the rug, resulting in vague problem(& sometimes even hurting her characterization). It's like we got a very good romance drama on one side, but at the same we got a vague problem between Yukinoshita & her family. I hope the 3rd season(if there's any) will fix that. And one more thing, this season was a bit over in term of trying to be all philosophical.

All in all, this is definitely not your average romance school anime show with a very clever romance, great character development, interesting character interaction, but suffers on some parts. From me, a wholehearted & genuine 8/10.
I like anime.
Jun 28, 2015 9:52 PM

Oct 2011
Seasons would have greatly been improved if they made this 22 episodes.
Jun 28, 2015 10:00 PM

Feb 2012
meh, I regret watching this season. talk about over-complicated pretentious try of being deep. and such boring ending. I guess I should've assumed it would be like this because it's a on-going LN adaptation, I just watched it because the first season was a bit unusual.
Jun 28, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2012
Not better than Season 1 to me. Why a cliffhanger now!? An OVA would be nice.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Jun 28, 2015 11:32 PM
Jul 2011
The way it ended, I was pretty sure there must be an Episode 14... So I'm pretty damn disappointed that's the end. That just doesn't feel like an ending at all.
Jun 29, 2015 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
Okay. WTF did i just watched?
The creator said it himself and do it himself?
Jun 29, 2015 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
After I finished watching this episode I logged in on my MAL account to update my list and was totally surprised this was episode 13, the last episode. I mean, what the fuck?! That's it, that was the LAST episode?! You gotta be shitting me.

Jun 29, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2015
Damn it I've wasted 2 days watching this and they give this kind of an ending. They better make an OVA or Something. Fuck this ill just watch Nisekoi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2015 9:05 AM

Feb 2014
Oh FML. I was waiting for these last two episodes to end it with a bang?(not really I know how this anime is wasn't really expecting something of a end) but damn that last scene just left me saying what. The. Fuck.
Jun 29, 2015 9:24 AM
Jun 2015
could somebody please explain to me the last conversation? what were they talking about, i didnt follow. Do each of them like each other? Do each of them know they like each other? Did hachiman choose??
Jun 29, 2015 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
ikmalrozlan said:
could somebody please explain to me the last conversation? what were they talking about, i didnt follow. Do each of them like each other? Do each of them know they like each other? Did hachiman choose??

8man didn't choose everyone. You could read about episode 13 summaries in other threads.
Jun 29, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, I have to checked twice if this is really a final episode! Cliffhanger? Does the anime stops exactly at the end of where LN stopped?
Still, really heartwarming episode, if Haruno didn't appear the the first part. :/

Ummmm not sure about the ending(?). Overall, season 1 is much better than this one. Heavy drama Oregairu is not my type of Oregairu tbh. :(
Still, gonna give this (7/10) mostly for Yui and Iroha both being the best girls!
So.... Season 3 in few more years?
Jun 29, 2015 7:10 PM
Apr 2013
Is anyone going to mention the batman mask on the opening?
Jun 29, 2015 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
FrostbiteHunter said:
Is anyone going to mention the batman mask on the opening?

dats commie's typesett
they're trolling us
Jun 29, 2015 9:16 PM

Mar 2014
ikmalrozlan said:

this is suppose to happen if you apply logical thinking like haciman does

Haruno brought the chaos to the three telling does real exist ?
now everyone thought whats "real" really is which cause some kind of conundrum the three that eventually make the group fell apart

fast forward to the last scene
To end this conundrum, Yui plans to finally confess her feelings to hachiman ever since Season 1 with the permission of Yukino which also Yukino also want to confess
Which Yukino plans to concede for the sake of friendship with Yui to be intact
but Hikigaya stopped before Yukino concede and prevent it that she would regret it forever

so he prevent the group breaking up apart he just saved everyone
and it doesnt mean he didnt chose any of the two, he just extended the time to decide for the two

which leads to huge Cliffhanger !! if they plan to S3
be sure final boss is " Haruno "
Because Season 1 is for Yui side and Season 2 is for Yukino side and if there is Season 3 conclusion of this series
Jun 29, 2015 9:16 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I really enjoyed the artwork of this second season. The aquarium scene was wonderful to watch for the animation and quality of the marine life. I did not care for the episode since it was a slice of their relationships which seem to be glacial in developing. I can appreciate an ending that is very open to interpretation. That said, the season left me with an "meh, whatever happens is going to be slow" feeling. 8/10 because of the great artwork.
Jun 30, 2015 6:35 AM
Apr 2015
Finished. Finally. Ending. Wow.

The old-geezer wisdom one liners and quotes that Hikigaya pulled in this season were phenomenal. The ending monologue was very.... put to the brain and it was definitely something to appreciate! Haruno and Hayama this season were a colossal pair of find-mucks >.<

Now..Will I read the LN? ... probably not. Im not about that life, but I will wait and hope for S3!
Jun 30, 2015 7:47 AM

Jun 2012
wow!!
everybody love Hachiman!!
because he sacrifice himself for saving humanity and become a Christ?
or he sacrifice himself for having a big affection from two cute lady that close to him and win a harem?

overall it just Squidward in lucky harem japanese high school type anime
well not quite a harem though
Jun 30, 2015 8:25 AM
Oct 2014
zurgboy00 said:
Damn it I've wasted 2 days watching this and they give this kind of an ending. They better make an OVA or Something. Fuck this ill just watch Nisekoi

u ll be disapoint either on nisekoi
Jun 30, 2015 10:16 AM
Jan 2010
these asperger kids are so awkward together
Jun 30, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
Final ending as in many other TV series, without giving a definitive answer to the quiz bottom place by the plot. Unfortunately this show in this second season was ruined by a first part really tedious and slow, the authenticity that distinguished the previous season in part if lost, but fortunately not completely, which manages to shine though just a second phase very more interesting and enjoyable both as history and as a comedy. Drawings and animations of good quality, a bit blurred at the beginning because of the mess caused by the narrative too dramatic and the time needed to get used to the change had the character design. I hope there will be a third season and that is handled better than it happened in this.
My vote for now is 7/10.
Jun 30, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2013
for those who didn't understand what happened in the last episode..

nd for people wishing for s3.. a lot of my friends from japan are saying that the second season was received well.. maybe even more than s1.. so s3 is a thing..
Get lost in the art that is anime/manga... :3
Jun 30, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
No no no you can't end it like that !
Jun 30, 2015 1:46 PM

Dec 2013
Such a cliffhanger ending lol. I really hope there is going to be a S3 because I like this series a lot.
Jun 30, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
This is my understanding of it:
The three of them all lack the one thing, and this is a genuine relationship (in terms for friends).
Their different views on things has lead them to be avoided by society, a common scenario, whereas people that don't look out to fit in with others and follow their ideologic idealism are bound to being avoided.
Throughout the series Yukinon struggles with accepting herself; Struggles with being herself and not hang on the opinions or decisions of her sister and mother who both represent the worst of society: Judging, surface scratching yet deeply aware judges of your weaknesses.
Hikigaya is obvious with what is troubling him: Due to his harsh views on society others avoid him, he also chooses to stay "unnoticed" because he does not want to be part of the ideologic race called "youth" in his opinion. He is, like the other two, searching for something "genuine", something that isn't wearing a false mask but is truly what it is.
Yuigahama is stuck in the middle of it: She too is a victim of society and constantly forced to "fit in", as seen multiple times with the group of the other "popular" kids in her class which, when Yuigahama has a different oppinion than them, put her down for this.
Because all three know what they want but can't put this into words and cannot get there without starting to work on their own problems aswell, which would cause more problems for the others, they're caught in a devils circle and are still searching for a way out of it.
And due to the different "ways" they deal with things it is inevitable for the three to not crash in to each other while trying to do so.

Yukinon was about to cry because she finally heard a vague "description" of what the three want: Something genuine. They all realised that they, even though their ways and thoughts were so different, were chasing after the same thing all this time.
And in the end, by Yukino saying "Don't you tell me how I feel, and this isn't the end of anything" she, for the first time, stood up to her own opinion and self. So a big step.

In a summary, all three are looking for the truth inside of each other, however due to their different thought processes and expectations they fail to do so without dragging the others into new problems or solving it once and for all.
Or, as Hikigaya said, "I don't want any vague answers or superficial relationships (...) It doesn't matter if we're wrong, because every time we go wrong, we'll continue to look for the right answer.".
I don't insult, I diagnose.
Jun 30, 2015 3:54 PM
Mar 2015
So um, I need answers.
Ive read all of the manga up to chapter eleven, Twelve seems to be eluding me. Is it out yet and how many chapters are there in total. Where I can find an english version to read online or even buy. Im desperate please help
Jul 1, 2015 6:39 AM

Dec 2010
I loved that Hello, hello Alone Yui version. I kept listening to it over and over again
Jul 1, 2015 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Shaggy97 said:

I'm glad someone more adept at putting this show into words conveyed the context of the last episode. Pretty much spot on from my reading. There is a good Yui-ship response down the thread to boot.

FuttButar said:
So um, I need answers.
Ive read all of the manga up to chapter eleven, Twelve seems to be eluding me. Is it out yet and how many chapters are there in total. Where I can find an english version to read online or even buy. Im desperate please help

The manga version of this story hasn't gone past chapter 11 as far as I'm aware. Be aware that the manga is an adaption of the LN, just like the anime is.
Jul 1, 2015 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
All I have to say is what is with that ending! Cliff hanger! :( Im really hoping for a season 3 because what was up with that :/
Jul 1, 2015 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
The part where Hachiman remembers his date with Yui and the fireworks touched me. I know it might mean nothing but at least it's obvious that that day is still in his mind. I hope he goes on another date with her but after realizing he has feelings for her and not because she wants to. However, I think there will be no date and Yukino will most probably be the one.
Jul 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
That was some comedy, right?....At this point I think this may well be the anime of the year since once again we got to see some pretty raw emotion (or got to sense it rather, since so much of what is going on isn't explicitly stated but happens underneath the words). We're left with the cliffhanger with everyone knowing how people feel, although no one has actually made a clean confession, or even said clearly that they are currently stuck in a love triangle.

I still think the story is gradually being steered in Yukino's direction, and to me she seems the more interesting of the two girls. I'm not going to dis Yui though, because she really is a sweet girl who cares dearly for both Hachiman and Yukino, and is trying her best to help both of them heal. But at this point it clearly looks like Yukino is more in need of healing and protection and I'm a sucker for that...

I'm not a monogamist so in a lot of ways I find this forced choice uncomfortable. It's pretty obvious that the two people each of these characters care about most in the world (other than their immediate family) are the other two in the triangle, so why do you feel forced to make a choice that will break those bonds? Life would be so much simpler if Hachiman could simply say: "I love both of you, I'm scared that any decision I make would split us up and I really would like the three of us to spend the rest of our lives together..." However (sigh), I don't think this is a harem so that's not going to happen. Someone is going to get hurt.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 2, 2015 1:24 AM

Oct 2012
Hachiman still a dark knight for me xD
His monologues, I'll miss them

I don't know whether 8man understand what they meant or not
But I definitely understand what they meant...
Aah well I don't dig it deeper

But I have the exact answer for their problem maybe
Psttt...Harem where everyone happy xD
Rayl1ghtJul 2, 2015 1:32 AM
"Signature removed"
Jul 2, 2015 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome shit... But there was something missing here....
Need S3 now???

Finale - 4/5
Series - 7.5/10
Jul 3, 2015 12:52 AM

May 2013
Damn i need to wait again :(
Jul 3, 2015 6:47 AM
Sep 2014
9/10 to this damn season by god this is worst then anything i can ever imagine how the hell am i supposed to wait for a new season and can the studio actually end a season like this should there be a law that says dont FUCK WITH THE FANS WTF WTF
Jul 3, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2012
10/10 For me. This episode took character development to a whole new level. It didn't TELL you the story like many other have. It SHOWED you what it wanted to.

Overall a great adaption with great animation , characters and story.
Just a shame about the cliffhanger.
Will definitely be picking up the Light Novels. (When they get translated)
Jul 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Apr 2015
That last episode was amazing 10/10
I really hope for a third season, I really do.
It's gonna be REALLY sad if this show ends here!
Season 3 HYPE
Jul 3, 2015 11:11 PM
Jan 2014
The cliffhanger really makes me depressed.
I've been in emo mood since I watched the ending and reread the LN.
Need some remedy...
Jul 4, 2015 11:25 AM
Apr 2013
Just a quick question, where can I read the manga/novel of this series?
Jul 4, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 2015
If there will be an OVA and 8man end up with Yui........this anime will be nothing, it will be the same lvl as Oreimo or either GlassLip......
(I'm sorry if I said something wrong, discuss with me k ? šŸ˜ƒ)
Jul 5, 2015 4:07 AM
Jan 2013
BD 11k sales!
Jul 5, 2015 4:22 AM
May 2014
garbage 4/10
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jul 5, 2015 5:48 AM

Jan 2011
Can't wait till it gets released on dvd/bd.
Really awesome show. Finally some more inner dialogue as well!
Jul 5, 2015 9:44 AM

Mar 2008
07/10 without romance!

may be season 3!?
Jul 5, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
Shaggy97 said:

nd for people wishing for s3.. a lot of my friends from japan are saying that the second season was received well.. maybe even more than s1.. so s3 is a thing..

Thanks man
Jul 5, 2015 2:57 PM

Jan 2010
9/10! Get out haters.
Jul 5, 2015 3:05 PM

May 2014
Shaggy97 said:

holy shit did that guy on reddit do a phd on Oregairu or what
Jul 5, 2015 11:36 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. Didn't expect to like this as much as I did seeing that I thought the first season was passable. Sign me up for season 3 though. Time to go to that Kinokuniya bookstore and buy up all the LNs to make sure it happens.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jul 6, 2015 3:37 AM

Jan 2011
anime without end, maybe they release ova for ending or season 3.
Pages (21) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

374 by Quirky_Capybara »»
Feb 8, 11:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.