Setting

Rules

[center]

Roles

AstrosJun 23, 2015 1:53 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 23, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2013
I'm mainly giving this game a run through to see how flawed or proficient it might be. I have not finished Umineko so sadly I will not be writing deaths that match the story.

Participants -
Jun 23, 2015 7:44 AM

Mar 2012
Seems interesting enough, count me in.
naners~
Jun 23, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
Participants -

alphametroid
[/quote]
Jun 23, 2015 10:25 AM

Nov 2011
When the game starts? (sorry if its already mentioned, I dont seem to find it anywhere ><)

Jun 23, 2015 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
Uuh said:
When the game starts? (sorry if its already mentioned, I dont seem to find it anywhere ><)
Whenever we have enough members to fill all the roles it'll begin 20:00 GMT of that day, stated in the rules.
Jun 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Nov 2011
ah okay :)

Count me in

Jun 23, 2015 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
Participants -

alphametroid
Uuh
Jun 23, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2014
Thank you Astros again for hosting the game ^^
Join in people! (you don't have to know Umineko to play)
And have fun^^!
Jun 23, 2015 1:07 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Yay, Umineko!

I have a few questions and remarks about the roles (also because I believe many people in this club don't know much about mafia games, so making some things clearer would help them).

Town can win by just outnumbering the mafia? They don't have to kill them all? (never seen this before in a game, that's why I'm asking)

Kinzo Ushiromiya: I wonder if 3 servants is a bit too overpowered... especially when all three servants know each others identities. But I have no idea about balancing, so idk.

Krauss Ushiromyia: Only Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker count as power roles? Or are these just examples for any town role except Vanilla Townie / Townie Lover?

Natsuhi Ushiromyia: You will probably not only see if person X was visited by someone but also get as result that it was person Y?

Jessica/George Ushiromyia: So the actual lover pairs are Jessica + Kannon and George + Shannon? You only know about this after reading the roles for Shannon/Kannon... Also, will both people in a pair die if one gets killed like this is usually the case for lovers?

Terumasa Nanjo: Can he protect the same person two nights in a row? Can he protect himself?

Can only Beatrice and Lambda kill from the mafia? Or all mafia members? (Usually it's all)

If other mafia members can kill as well, can they use their other abilities at the same time? Or only some of them?

Eva Beatrice: Is her ability an additional mafia kill?

Sorry for the many questions, but I think it will help everyone a lot ^^
Jun 23, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
I'll answer in Italic.
Questions are very very good because you discover flaws this way. Nice points Luna sama.
Also if there are other questions post them here before the game starts and I will answer them when I'm online.

Luna_ said:
Yay, Umineko!

I have a few questions and remarks about the roles (also because I believe many people in this club don't know much about mafia games, so making some things clearer would help them).

Town can win by just outnumbering the mafia? They don't have to kill them all? (never seen this before in a game, that's why I'm asking)
I think I have to refraze that...Town wins if there is only 1 Mafia player left standing and there are more than 3 players
And if there are 2 players remaining one mafia, one town, Town wins.

Kinzo Ushiromiya: I wonder if 3 servants is a bit too overpowered... especially when all three servants know each others identities. But I have no idea about balancing, so idk.
Well pointed, I thought that making the Lovers would be a handicap but there can also be added another rule if you think Kinzo is overpowered...
if Genji dies Kinzo looses his night bulletproof ability
How does it sound?

Krauss Ushiromyia: Only Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker count as power roles? Or are these just examples for any town role except Vanilla Townie / Townie Lover?
I consider only those three power roles if I added others there would be too many

Natsuhi Ushiromyia: You will probably not only see if person X was visited by someone but also get as result that it was person Y?
Yes she will also get the identity of the people visiting person X

Jessica/George Ushiromyia: So the actual lover pairs are Jessica + Kannon and George + Shannon? You only know about this after reading the roles for Shannon/Kannon... Also, will both people in a pair die if one gets killed like this is usually the case for lovers?
>< I thought it would be a nice idea to add the lovers...hmm I wouldn't want to kill that many players at a time so the other Lover won't die if his Lover is killed ^^(*secretly supporting the lovers)

Terumasa Nanjo: Can he protect the same person two nights in a row? Can he protect himself?
He can protect the same person two nights in a row, but not himself two night in a row

Can only Beatrice and Lambda kill from the mafia? Or all mafia members? (Usually it's all)
Well they all can kill, but the abilities are triggered only if a specific person kills (ex lambdelta janitor ability)

If other mafia members can kill as well, can they use their other abilities at the same time? Or only some of them?
You can choose not to use your ability if you want to kill, but you will have to state so in the PM

Eva Beatrice: Is her ability an additional mafia kill?
I was thinking to make her third party, but that would complicate things....so yes her ability is an additional mafia kill and after that she dies and she cannot choose to make a kill and not use her ability when she kills she automatically triggers the ability

Sorry for the many questions, but I think it will help everyone a lot ^^

Thank you Luna sama for the questions! They're precious feedback!
turquoise_nekoJun 23, 2015 1:38 PM
Jun 23, 2015 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
turquoise_neko said:
Well they all can kill, but the abilities are triggered only if a specific person kills (ex lambdelta janitor ability)
This will be a quick game then, gonna be four bodies a night.
Jun 23, 2015 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
Astros said:
turquoise_neko said:

Four bodies are kind of too much, hmmm....
Well then
There will be only one nightkill from the Mafia Team each Night
(exception when Witch Eva Ushiromyia appears then there can be 2 nightkills)
Jun 23, 2015 1:34 PM

Dec 2013
turquoise_neko said:
Well then
Then Lambdadelta will need her ability revoked besides appearing town when investigated.
Jun 23, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2014
Astros said:
turquoise_neko said:
Well then
Then Lambdadelta will need her ability revoked besides appearing town in investigated.

But isn't that a basic Janitor role?
Jun 23, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2013
turquoise_neko said:
I suppose, guessing you want the ability to take the place of a regular kill then?
Jun 23, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
Astros said:
turquoise_neko said:
I suppose, guessing you want the ability to take the place of a regular kill then?

Yes that would be good^^.

Now come and play little ones don't be shy^^
Jun 23, 2015 2:08 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thanks turquoise ^^ This is very helpful.

turquoise_neko said:
Astros said:

Well then

Oh I didn't mean that they can have 4 nightkills... I was just asking if only Beato and Lambda can do the factional mafia kill because the post kind of suggests this. That would mean when they're dead the mafia can't do a nightkill anymore. Or they have to give this power to someone else then. Though it's probably the easiest if every member can kill and they have to decide on one target and who will do the kill each night.

Will reply to some other things tomorrow when I'm not so tired, but one thing so I don't forget it until tomorrow...

turquoise_neko said:
>< I thought it would be a nice idea to add the lovers...hmm I wouldn't want to kill that many players at a time so the other Lover won't die if his Lover is killed ^^(*secretly supporting the lovers)

Do the Lovers know each other as well then? Then a servant knows the identiy of 5 people (3 servants, Kinzo, his lover). If they don't die both I think that this is really overpowered then...
But yeah, I can understand that killing too many people isn't nice (I even suggested myself in the suggestions thread that not too many people should be killed). So maybe this can be tweaked a bit. I'm too tired to think about this now though. But it either shouldn't be called Lovers then or clearly stated in their role description. Because people usually know Lover as "know the other lover's identity and die with the lover".
Jun 23, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2012
In most mafia games the mafia gets only one kill a night. The Eve Beatrice killing works fine if she only ever use the ability to kill once. otherwise only the godfather can kill, if the godfather is killed the next mafia member in line gets her ability to kill. This makes it so town must kill all mafia by games end, as it should be. Also with Kannon and Shannon their protect abilities for their lovers are flavourful but overall not good. Town needs to lives as long as possible and since they automatically prevent kinzo from dying and stay hidden while doing so there really isn't any point in revealing yourself to maybe protect someone else and weaken kinzos protection to do so. Because all mafia usually know the other members the janitor just chooses to clean the identity of whoever the godfather is attacking and usually has their ability limited to 1 use per every 3-4 town members that are playing. Also the vigilante usually has multiple shots but if they kill a townmember they then proceed to commit suicide the following night.Also to note is the possibility of using one of the witches as the serial killer role. Serial killer also gets one kill a night but they do not count as mafia thus they don't know the mafias identity. The serial killer cannot kill the godfather and vice versa so the serial killer must be hung or shot by the vigilante. All mafia members and the serial killer must be killed for town to win.
alphametroidJun 23, 2015 5:37 PM
naners~
Jun 23, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2012
I would like to play as well. :)
Jun 23, 2015 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
Luna_ said:

Do the Lovers know each other as well then? Then a servant knows the identiy of 5 people (3 servants, Kinzo, his lover). If they don't die both I think that this is really overpowered then...
But yeah, I can understand that killing too many people isn't nice (I even suggested myself in the suggestions thread that not too many people should be killed). So maybe this can be tweaked a bit. I'm too tired to think about this now though. But it either shouldn't be called Lovers then or clearly stated in their role description. Because people usually know Lover as "know the other lover's identity and die with the lover".

Well I kind of do not want the Lovers to know their identity, makes the game more interesting...
But then again @ alpha has a point...why risk your life to protect someone when you have mafia after you hmmm I think I'll add a little bonus
The Power of Love:
When you protect your Lover for the first time you have a 1-shot Bulletproof and your identity is also hidden. The identity of your lover will be revealed to you then but you cannot tell him during the game directly ^^ After this if you decide to protect the Lover again and he is targeted you will die and your identity revealed

Alpha, if all the players agree then a serial killer can be added but in the suggestion thread there has been said that a SK would complicate things and that we should keep the game simple (although I have the "talent" of complicating things ><)
Also vigilante doing Harakiri after killing a townie would be a huge handicap for town ....we could add this but maybe after the vigilante misses (kills 2 townies maybe)and make something like a vote: Do you wish to lynch the vigilante? ^^

@ZTHero, yaya another player! Welcome welcome and thank you for joining^^
turquoise_nekoJun 23, 2015 11:46 PM
Jun 24, 2015 1:29 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
turquoise_neko said:

Well pointed, I thought that making the Lovers would be a handicap but there can also be added another rule if you think Kinzo is overpowered...
if Genji dies Kinzo looses his night bulletproof ability
How does it sound?

Yeah, usually this role has only one bodyguard. Then the abilities of Shannon/Kanon need to be modified though because they're no longer protecting Kinzo, so they can't abandon him. And then they also don't really need to know who are the other servants.

turquoise_neko said:
Well I kind of do not want the Lovers to know their identity, makes the game more interesting...
But then again @ alpha has a point...why risk your life to protect someone when you have mafia after you hmmm I think I'll add a little bonus
The Power of Love:
When you protect your Lover for the first time you have a 1-shot Bulletproof and your identity is also hidden. The identity of your lover will be revealed to you then but you cannot tell him during the game directly ^^ After this if you decide to protect the Lover again and he is targeted you will die and your identity revealed

So just so I understand this correctly... they would have to say each night "protect my lover" without knowing this person, and if the lover is the target for the nightkill they will protect them and the identity will be revealed to the one who protected the lover but not the other way around. Do all of them have this protection ability or only Shannon/Kanon?
LunaJun 24, 2015 1:36 AM
Jun 24, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2012
The vigilante killing himself after murdering a townie is quite common and forces the player to really think through his dicision rather than just taking a random shot and hoping for the best. Basically it rewards playing well. Either way having the mafia being able to kill 2 times a night is much too strong, at least with a serial killer as the second murdering source they may take out mafia members as well as townies. Take note that Eve Beatrice will only happen when she is killed by mafia, if she gets lynched than her identity is already known. The townies knowing too many of the other townies is also really strong game wise so keep that in mind while trying to work out the rules. I don't quite get the one witches power to reveal herself, what does she gain from the reveal? Maybe I just misread it or something. There are some other minor things but that's just story line related to umineko and I can't say much openly without spoilers. If someone wants to discuss some of the roles and story stuff via pm id love to do what I can to help the game go as well as possible.
naners~
Jun 24, 2015 5:05 AM

Mar 2014
For Luna sama and Alpha

For Alpha
Jun 24, 2015 5:18 AM

Mar 2012
Reading what the lovers abilities actually do I think the suggestion of making genji te sole bodyguard is a good idea. I understand the ability to reveal one characters identity, but at the cost of one of the witches it seems pretty steep when they could just target and kill that person at night to find out. Judging by the way you say she can't use her ability with only 3 people remaining makes it sound like the mafia don't know their own members? Otherwise if 2 of the three members were mafia there would be no point in finding out the last person cause mafia would already outnumber them?
naners~
Jun 24, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2014
alphametroid said:
Reading what the lovers abilities actually do I think the suggestion of making genji te sole bodyguard is a good idea. I understand the ability to reveal one characters identity, but at the cost of one of the witches it seems pretty steep when they could just target and kill that person at night to find out. Judging by the way you say she can't use her ability with only 3 people remaining makes it sound like the mafia don't know their own members? Otherwise if 2 of the three members were mafia there would be no point in finding out the last person cause mafia would already outnumber them?

oh, that's pretty true><, so then 4 persons?
Jun 25, 2015 3:20 AM

Mar 2012
Even then at the cost of the witch dying it's just not worth it, having played mafia games where the mafia has a person with the power to determine an identity each night the role still wasn't overpowered. In this particular game the power is maybe a bit stronger so I think letting her use it 2-3 times without dying should be fine.
naners~
Jun 25, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
I thought this was postponed indefinitely since: "people = busy"

Oh well, might as well join I guess
Jun 26, 2015 12:06 AM

Mar 2014
alphametroid said:
Even then at the cost of the witch dying it's just not worth it, having played mafia games where the mafia has a person with the power to determine an identity each night the role still wasn't overpowered. In this particular game the power is maybe a bit stronger so I think letting her use it 2-3 times without dying should be fine.

If everyone agrees than ok^^

Yay thank you Ascius for joining^^ I have a weird schedule now so I can't host a game but I will be able to respond to questions whenever I'm online ^^
Jun 26, 2015 12:19 PM

Oct 2009
Count me in.
Jun 27, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Yes! I've been waiting for the next mafia game.

Count me in
Jun 28, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2014
yay so many people!^^

[quote]List of people that signed in

alphametroid
uuh
Luna_
ZTHero
Soulofanime
Ascius
NosferatuHisham
Soren333
kOta

[quote]
turquoise_nekoJul 8, 2015 11:47 AM
Jun 28, 2015 1:47 PM

Feb 2014
me in too ^^
Jul 7, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Needs more players D:
Jul 30, 2015 4:23 AM

Mar 2012
Did this game never start? D: Count me in!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.