Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2014
ooo333 said:
Man..... Rider better get some awesome and delicious scene in HF like she did in the first adaption of the VN
you can always check out rider's side mini series titles Rider or die.
Jun 27, 2015 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
That Rin wrestling outfit, hnng.

Well I thought that was a nice end, overall I think the first half was better though.
Jun 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Jul 2014
Welp, off to the wiki I go.

Unfortunately most of the plot just flew over my head and my friend just told me that Archer is actually Shirou which I didn't even catch.

I seriously need more sleep lol.
Jun 27, 2015 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
Fenix29 said:

Unfortunately most of the plot just flew over my head and my friend just told me that Archer is actually Shirou which I didn't even catch.

How...what...I don't...they spent 3 entire episodes pounding that fact in...you definitely need more sleep

Jun 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
Fenix29 said:

I don't even...
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 27, 2015 5:02 PM
Jul 2010
CookingPriest said:
- So Miura, ready to animate the end that gives closure to all the characters including Shinji?
- Nah let's just create 100% AO stuff while showcasing Rin's legs and adding fanservice!
- B-b-ut what about the show's conclusion?
- WHO CARES! WE'LL just wing it in half the time in a weird flashback sequence that makes no sense!
- A-are you drunk again Miura?...

Did I miss an episode?
Did we miss an episode?
This feels like an episode is missing.
You know, the episode which covers the rest of the epilogue before this London Anime Original Stuff happens.
So, like, where is it? Oh right they just did a weird timeskip then flashback which was clearly beyond the director's capabilities to not make confusing. GG.

I always wanted to SEE them going to london and all, but not like this. Not ufoShirou and ufoRin. Not at the cost of actual epilogue that gave off actual closure to shirou/Rin's journey and summed up Shirou's journey against Archer.

All that can be said about this episode is that this was pretty much 50% fanservice for VN Readers 50% moe buttshot crap. I will not be surprised if AO viewers will have shit-ton of problems with all those characters out of nowhere and weird tone shift.
This was a weird decision.
First half of the episode would have been great fanservice OVA but it completely does not work as a final episode of this show.

Episode score: 4/5 (as VN reader), 3/5(if ignoring VN knowledge)

A year ago, around this time, we all were excited at possibility at Fate Stay Night being done right, showcasing the complexity, depth and maturity it deserves and has.
Those expectations were not met. What we got was a disjointed mess that did not know what it wanted to be - Zero sequel? VN faservice? Proper adaptation? anime original route?

The writing staff did not know. And thus UfoUBW was born from that impossibility to decide what to do or how to do.
Was the show's problem its scope? I doubt it.
Was the show's problem a subpar to mediocre writing and production staff assigned? Most likely.

The adaptation was hollow. All its depth, meaning, philosophical complexity, character depth, battle tactics, lore, etc - missing. No emotion in fights nor decisions. Just people rehashing a play.

UfoUBW did some things good - it increased the scope of the fanbase, introducing the franchise to new people. SOME of them will go on reading the VN and experiencing true FSN some won't.

UfoUBW also did a lot of things that make me wish this adaptation did not exist - Shirou hate is higher than ever and the franchise is perceived as a cheap highschool shonen harem show, and/or this is a zero sequel(it is not). And UFOubw gave fuel to all that, again and again.

Either way the show is finally over and can be forgotten. Time to mend misinterpretations and misinformation begins, as even more slander is thrown towards the franchise.

Time to forget and move on.
There will always be the VN.
But this adaptation certainly made me more cynical in regards of awaiting adaptations of things I like.

Second Cour overall score: 3/10

Edit: can't wait till all the AO's misinterpret the post credits scene...

Couldnt have said it better. You summed it up real well. I totally agree with this. UBW is my favorite route from the VN. The anime had some great episodes, and I thought season 1 started really well. Season 2 was a mess all in all, which is too bad, because it really had its moments where it shined as well (episode 20/24). But even if these 2 episodes were GREAT, theres no way it can save the remaining 11 episodes. They really got my hopes up after season 1, and now this.. Not gonna make that misstake again and expect anything from HF :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Sherou said:
Fenix29 said:

How...what...I don't...they spent 3 entire episodes pounding that fact in...you definitely need more sleep

Uw0tniggah? Did you watch the episodes while on meth x]?
Jun 27, 2015 5:07 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, an appropriate end to a great anime, I like how this animation has not accelerated development and thus showed what the future of the characters

Rin is really the best girl, so cute this episode, her hair down and more modest than usual, but still with a strong personality, well, I like how she gives up easy of simple things

This anime was certainly one of the best of the season, I definitely recommend not only this anime, but the whole Fate series, I was already excited to re-watch Fate/Zero, as well as to watch Heaven's Feel, I can not wait ..
Jun 27, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2014
Tylaen said:
Sherou said:

Uw0tniggah? Did you watch the episodes while on meth x]?

There's also the fact that I tend to multitask while watching anime so I guess I should revise my watching habits :P

But thank god for the wiki, everything's cleared up now ^_^
Jun 27, 2015 5:12 PM

Jan 2015
As an anime only watcher. I was expecting a kiss lol

Jun 27, 2015 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
This epilogue, more than anything, made me wish for a Fate story not about the holy grail war and set in the clock tower. Is there anything close to this that could be adapted?

Anyways, all in all it's been a fun ride. I found this second cour weaker than the first one mostly because I was expecting far more interesting resolutions to the fights, but other than Gil vs Shirou, they all turned out to be disappointing. Berserker and Caster showdowns were worse than in season 1 and the conflict with Archer managed to be dragged and repetitive and yet not fully explain Shirou's ideology.
Production values, a good ost and inserted songs, the last fight and a good epilogue still made it enjoyable to watch every week, though.
7/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
Am I the only person confused here? Not only did they not conclude what happens between tohsaka and shirou as in their relationship but they also did not say what happens to tohsaka when shirou is out in the desert. Rin said something like continue a productive relationship but they did not ever kiss if I am right and it appears they went their separate ways. If it was going to end like this then the whole shirou x rin build up to this point was wasted.
Jun 27, 2015 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
Julle said:
CookingPriest said:
- So Miura, ready to animate the end that gives closure to all the characters including Shinji?
- Nah let's just create 100% AO stuff while showcasing Rin's legs and adding fanservice!
- B-b-ut what about the show's conclusion?
- WHO CARES! WE'LL just wing it in half the time in a weird flashback sequence that makes no sense!
- A-are you drunk again Miura?...

Did I miss an episode?
Did we miss an episode?
This feels like an episode is missing.
You know, the episode which covers the rest of the epilogue before this London Anime Original Stuff happens.
So, like, where is it? Oh right they just did a weird timeskip then flashback which was clearly beyond the director's capabilities to not make confusing. GG.

I always wanted to SEE them going to london and all, but not like this. Not ufoShirou and ufoRin. Not at the cost of actual epilogue that gave off actual closure to shirou/Rin's journey and summed up Shirou's journey against Archer.

All that can be said about this episode is that this was pretty much 50% fanservice for VN Readers 50% moe buttshot crap. I will not be surprised if AO viewers will have shit-ton of problems with all those characters out of nowhere and weird tone shift.
This was a weird decision.
First half of the episode would have been great fanservice OVA but it completely does not work as a final episode of this show.

Episode score: 4/5 (as VN reader), 3/5(if ignoring VN knowledge)

A year ago, around this time, we all were excited at possibility at Fate Stay Night being done right, showcasing the complexity, depth and maturity it deserves and has.
Those expectations were not met. What we got was a disjointed mess that did not know what it wanted to be - Zero sequel? VN faservice? Proper adaptation? anime original route?

The writing staff did not know. And thus UfoUBW was born from that impossibility to decide what to do or how to do.
Was the show's problem its scope? I doubt it.
Was the show's problem a subpar to mediocre writing and production staff assigned? Most likely.

The adaptation was hollow. All its depth, meaning, philosophical complexity, character depth, battle tactics, lore, etc - missing. No emotion in fights nor decisions. Just people rehashing a play.

UfoUBW did some things good - it increased the scope of the fanbase, introducing the franchise to new people. SOME of them will go on reading the VN and experiencing true FSN some won't.

UfoUBW also did a lot of things that make me wish this adaptation did not exist - Shirou hate is higher than ever and the franchise is perceived as a cheap highschool shonen harem show, and/or this is a zero sequel(it is not). And UFOubw gave fuel to all that, again and again.

Either way the show is finally over and can be forgotten. Time to mend misinterpretations and misinformation begins, as even more slander is thrown towards the franchise.

Time to forget and move on.
There will always be the VN.
But this adaptation certainly made me more cynical in regards of awaiting adaptations of things I like.

Second Cour overall score: 3/10

Edit: can't wait till all the AO's misinterpret the post credits scene...

Couldnt have said it better. You summed it up real well. I totally agree with this. UBW is my favorite route from the VN. The anime had some great episodes, and I thought season 1 started really well. Season 2 was a mess all in all, which is too bad, because it really had its moments where it shined as well (episode 20/24). But even if these 2 episodes were GREAT, theres no way it can save the remaining 11 episodes. They really got my hopes up after season 1, and now this.. Not gonna make that misstake again and expect anything from HF :(

That's too generous to be honest. The first cour was mediocre, but still maintained direction and mystery. The second cour devolved into stereotypical shounen crap.
Jun 27, 2015 5:18 PM

Oct 2014
ChaosIncarnate said:
Am I the only person confused here? Not only did they not conclude what happens between tohsaka and shirou as in their relationship but they also did not say what happens to tohsaka when shirou is out in the desert. Rin said something like continue a productive relationship but they did not ever kiss if I am right and it appears they went their separate ways. If it was going to end like this then the whole shirou x rin build up to this point was wasted.

They are together. Rin said she would leave the Mage's Association in three years to go with him.

Sep 2014
xZekraa said:
your really not the only one

Aug 2011
Season 1 was great. epilogue was better than whole season 2. I loved that we got to see Rin and Shirou together in the end :)
Jun 27, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2012
Great to see Luvia-san right before the Fate/kaleid kicks off! it felt like being served an appetizer, lol.

And Shirou's last smile is thought-provoking, I think he ended up the same way Archer did, but he didn't regret it, and that's what the smile implies. Feel free to argue against it. I'm not good at these stuff.

Now I'll hold my breath for Heaven's Feel... Any ideas on when it might be handled? next year's fall season at the earliest? (ok I just realized that they're planning to make it as a movie, so whatever)
Jun 27, 2015 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
xZekraa said:

They did more than that. :)
Jun 27, 2015 5:23 PM

Mar 2015
geralt said:
This epilogue, more than anything, made me wish for a Fate story not about the holy grail war and set in the clock tower. Is there anything close to this that could be adapted?

Anyways, all in all it's been a fun ride. I found this second cour weaker than the first one mostly because I was expecting far more interesting resolutions to the fights, but other than Gil vs Shirou, they all turned out to be disappointing. Berserker and Caster showdowns were worse than in season 1 and the conflict with Archer managed to be dragged and repetitive and yet not fully explain Shirou's ideology.
Production values, a good ost and inserted songs, the last fight and a good epilogue still made it enjoyable to watch every week, though.
7/10

How the hell did you managed to miss it?
It was pretty much stated to ad nauseum point at some times
Jun 27, 2015 5:23 PM

Sep 2014
geralt said:

7/10
there is the short story(s) called the el-melloi case files which star waver and includes characters like luvia and i think rin.

ChaosIncarnate said:
i'm pretty sure that shirou in the desert is more so a visual metahpor for his character. Rin said when Shirou leaves she is going with him. they've very likely had sex at this point i for one dont have a reason to think they didnt due to certain events that had taken place prior to the scenes in this ep.
Jun 27, 2015 5:26 PM

Mar 2015
lol, it's obvious that Rin and Shirou are together, how is this even a doubt?

Mar 2013
Maloghurst said:
xZekraa said:
your really not the only one

Miura, as ever, has his priorities in order.

Apr 2014
nocorras said:
ChaosIncarnate said:

They are together. Rin said she would leave the Mage's Association in three years to go with him.
Are you sure it can be interpreted that way? I know she says that she will be kicked out in three year which implies she means she will be leave with shirou but she also said she would probably end up staying at clock tower. So I am just wondering what happens like if she doesn't join him until three years later or she already joins him and then heads back to clock tower while shirou keeps going. Makes me wonder what their real relationship is since rin never gave shirou a proper answer to his confession and doesn't show her kissing him.
Jun 27, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
ChaosIncarnate said:
nocorras said:

Are you sure it can be interpreted that way? I know she says that she will be kicked out in three year which implies she means she will be leave with shirou but she also said she would probably end up staying at clock tower. So I am just wondering what happens like if she doesn't join him until three years later or she already joins him and then heads back to clock tower while shirou keeps going. Makes me wonder what their real relationship is since rin never gave shirou a proper answer to his confession and doesn't show her kissing him.

They live together, they are clearly together:

Jun 27, 2015 5:30 PM
Sep 2013
are the hf movies a sequel to this anime or same timeline with another mc?
Jun 27, 2015 5:33 PM

Jun 2014
Damn can this Anime get any better?
Art style & Animation 10/10
OP, ED & OST 10/10
Plot 10/10
Story 10/10
Characters 10/10
First Cour 10/10
Second Cour 10/10
Series 10/10
Episode 5/5
Waver *-* 10/10
Older Rin and Shirou *-* 10/10

Can't wait for Heavens Feel and the other adaptations!
Ufotable did a great job! Can't wait for God Eater!
Jun 27, 2015 5:33 PM

Mar 2013
wtfitsmegaman said:

another timeline with same mc

ish
Jun 27, 2015 5:34 PM

Jan 2009
Maloghurst said:
j0x said:
so that old man with long hair is Waver huh, did not catch that if i did not read this thread, and lol no kissing scene at least from Emiya and Rin? well at least they ended up together
Waver is one of those characters that will pop up here and there in various works in this verse. he's lord of the clocktower and has his own agency of dealing with the supernatural and what not.

ah i see, thanks for that info

Sep 2014
wtfitsmegaman said:
different timeline same characters. the way that events occur will take the characters in a very very different direction.

Apr 2013
MightyM16 said:
geralt said:

7/10

How the hell did you managed to miss it?
It was pretty much stated to ad nauseum point at some times

Repeating over and over again he wants to be a hero of justice to save everyone isn't explaining his ideology.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 2014
wtfitsmegaman said:

Same HGW, same MC, different development of the events into a completely different story.
Jun 27, 2015 5:35 PM

Aug 2014
wtfitsmegaman said:

The latter.
There is a sequel of sorts in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia though, which may or may not ever get an adaptation (though it's set before the future scenes showing adult Rin and Shirou).
Jun 27, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2014
Guilek said:
ChaosIncarnate said:

They live together, they are clearly together:

I was more so meaning like her saying that she loves shirou as well or says something like they are dating or something. Productive relationship is not only vague but also means a few other things.
Jun 27, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2015
ooo333 said:
revolver66 said:
Fate/Stay Night
Boy Meets Girl.

Fate/Zero
Oldman Meets Oldman.

Ahh yes, Zero. The grandpa's in their 20's.

Yep, old as dirt.
Jun 27, 2015 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
ChaosIncarnate said:
well you def got this bit

another thing to throw out there in kara no kyoukai
Jun 27, 2015 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
ChaosIncarnate said:
I was more so meaning like her saying that she loves shirou as well or says something like they are dating or something. Productive relationship is not only vague but also means a few other things.

Well I mean they do kiss in the VN non-RN version.
She does concretely confess in HA, though.
Jun 27, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
[quote=j0x]
Maloghurst said:
j0x said:
so that old man with long hair is Waver huh, did not catch that if i did not read this thread, and lol no kissing scene at least from Emiya and Rin? well at least they ended up together
Waver is one of those characters that will pop up here and there in various works in this verse. he's lord of the clocktower and has his own agency of dealing with the supernatural and what not.

I watched Fate/Zero first and did not catch that dude as Waver

Jun 27, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2014
MightyM16 said:
With how archer was talking and showing shirou out in the desert alone I just thought they may have went their separate ways but I most likely am just misunderstanding it.
Jun 27, 2015 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
Despite being a really dull adaptation as a whole, but as a Rin fag, I cannot contain my happiness for seeing this episode :3

Overall, 7/10 for the whole series, but 9/10 for this episode alone
Jun 27, 2015 5:50 PM

Apr 2015
[quote=xZekraa]
j0x said:
Maloghurst said:

I watched Fate/Zero first and did not catch that dude as Waver

10 years Is a lot of time.
Jun 27, 2015 5:51 PM

Mar 2015
ChaosIncarnate said:
MightyM16 said:
With how archer was talking and showing shirou out in the desert alone I just thought they may have went their separate ways but I most likely am just misunderstanding it.

That was just this UBW's typical visual storytelling, it's meant to be a metaphor...Shirou will continue walking where Archer stopped
Jun 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
What a handshake.

Jul 2009

Apr 2014
MightyM16 said:
ChaosIncarnate said:

That was just this UBW's typical visual storytelling, it's meant to be a metaphor...Shirou will continue walking where Archer stopped
Well you are right shirou will probably do that. I just hope he doesn't do it alone. Did the vn have the same ending as the anime or is it original/modified?
Jun 27, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2015
Tsundereppoi said:

Slurp, slurp, GURGLE.
Jun 27, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2014
ChaosIncarnate said:
MightyM16 said:

Well you are right shirou will probably do that. I just hope he doesn't do it alone. Did the vn have the same ending as the anime or is it original/modified?
a majority of the episode was anime original content the VN was very ambiguous with the ending for rin and shirou "on the road together not knowing were the future will really take us" the last thing you "see" is when rin said she was going to london and shirou said he's going with her.
Jun 27, 2015 6:04 PM

Apr 2014
Maloghurst said:
ChaosIncarnate said:
a majority of the episode was anime original content the VN was very ambiguous with the ending for rin and shirou "on the road together not knowing were the future will really take us" the last thing you "see" is when rin said she was going to london and shirou said he's going with her.
Oh that is interesting. I was under the impression that it was all canon. Now I wonder what hollow ataraxia will be like since it ends like you said in the vn. Based off of what vndb says it sounds like shirou will be away for a while doing some fighting or something.
Jun 27, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
Tylaen said:
Tsundereppoi said:

Slurp, slurp, GURGLE.

Well that didn't take long
Jun 27, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
ChaosIncarnate said:
Maloghurst said:
Oh that is interesting. I was under the impression that it was all canon. Now I wonder what hollow ataraxia will be like since it ends like you said in the vn. Based off of what vndb says it sounds like shirou will be away for a while doing some fighting or something.

Hollow Ataraxia is not a "sequel" to UBW only....it's a "sequel" to the three routes due to some events

So if you want a follow up to the events of UBW you will have to resort to either headcanons or fanfictions
Jun 27, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2015
MightyM16 said:
ChaosIncarnate said:

Hollow Ataraxia is not a "sequel" to UBW only....it's a "sequel" to the three routes due to some events

So if you want a follow up to the events of UBW you will have to resort to either headcanons or fanfictions

One day, somewhere beyond 2020. We may eventually get the Mage Civil war...maybe.
Pages (29) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.