Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 8:02 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]
Jun 27, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, based Luvia. Based Rin.

This episode...or rather finale in a nutshell:

Rin looks nice with her hair down. The Shirou and Rin scenes were cute though. Good to see Sakura in the finale. Now I'm a bit hyped for Heaven's Feel.
Jun 27, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
>Older Rin/Shirou
>Luvia
>El Melloi II
>London Adventures
10/10 Based Ufotable

Also, HF teaser woo

Jun 27, 2015 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
- So Miura, ready to animate the end that gives closure to all the characters including Shinji?
- Nah let's just create 100% AO stuff while showcasing Rin's legs and adding fanservice!
- B-b-ut what about the show's conclusion?
- WHO CARES! WE'LL just wing it in half the time in a weird flashback sequence that makes no sense!
- A-are you drunk again Miura?...

Did I miss an episode?
Did we miss an episode?
This feels like an episode is missing.
You know, the episode which covers the rest of the epilogue before this London Anime Original Stuff happens.
So, like, where is it? Oh right they just did a weird timeskip then flashback which was clearly beyond the director's capabilities to not make confusing. GG.

I always wanted to SEE them going to london and all, but not like this. Not ufoShirou and ufoRin. Not at the cost of actual epilogue that gave off actual closure to shirou/Rin's journey and summed up Shirou's journey against Archer.

All that can be said about this episode is that this was pretty much 50% fanservice for VN Readers 50% moe buttshot crap. I will not be surprised if AO viewers will have shit-ton of problems with all those characters out of nowhere and weird tone shift.
This was a weird decision.
First half of the episode would have been great fanservice OVA but it completely does not work as a final episode of this show.

Episode score: 4/5 (as VN reader), 3/5(if ignoring VN knowledge)

A year ago, around this time, we all were excited at possibility at Fate Stay Night being done right, showcasing the complexity, depth and maturity it deserves and has.
Those expectations were not met. What we got was a disjointed mess that did not know what it wanted to be - Zero sequel? VN faservice? Proper adaptation? anime original route?

The writing staff did not know. And thus UfoUBW was born from that impossibility to decide what to do or how to do.
Was the show's problem its scope? I doubt it.
Was the show's problem a subpar to mediocre writing and production staff assigned? Most likely.

The adaptation was hollow. All its depth, meaning, philosophical complexity, character depth, battle tactics, lore, etc - missing. No emotion in fights nor decisions. Just people rehashing a play.

UfoUBW did some things good - it increased the scope of the fanbase, introducing the franchise to new people. SOME of them will go on reading the VN and experiencing true FSN some won't.

UfoUBW also did a lot of things that make me wish this adaptation did not exist - Shirou hate is higher than ever and the franchise is perceived as a cheap highschool shonen harem show, and/or this is a zero sequel(it is not). And UFOubw gave fuel to all that, again and again.

Either way the show is finally over and can be forgotten. Time to mend misinterpretations and misinformation begins, as even more slander is thrown towards the franchise.

Time to forget and move on.
There will always be the VN.
But this adaptation certainly made me more cynical in regards of awaiting adaptations of things I like.

Second Cour overall score: 3/10

Edit: can't wait till all the AO's misinterpret the post credits scene...
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2015 8:35 AM
Jun 27, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2013
Looks like we'll have to wait for HF movies now.... UBW was a fun ride tho, loved Gil x Shirou fight. Rin still best girl.

And guys... imagine if ufotable has a massive budget for HF... and they take their time on each movie....

Oh the action scenes....
Jun 27, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
"So it's over...I had lots of fun with this community and everyone,sans certain people. Big round of APPLAUSE to the many who devoted their times and energies in writing out and discussing this anime marvellously and always being constructive. Truly you know who you are and your merits. There has been no more amazing crowd with knowledge of the Fate series than here on MAL. There are no other means of happiness I can express despite not being too present in those discussions. Truly those deserve much appreciation you all.I enjoyed your posts and discussions more than the actual anime,so thank you all for making my Saturdays and Sundays enjoyable."

It was an anime that faced a lot of problems(wrong expectations,overhyped etc) and the end product was,sadly, just decent at best.
That's what happens when the characters of a char.-driven story get portrayed "poorly",it makes every important scene feel so lifeless.
Season 1 = meh content wise but good (most of the time) as an adaptation.
Season 2 = great content from the source but well bad adaptation wise
I never knew as what I should see it;as an adaptation?fanservice for VN readers?A standalone work?I just never knew and I have the feeling that the anime,more specifically the ones responsible for it,never knew that either.
Another problem I have was the animation....that sounds weird considering its pretty to look at(eye candy),but it just felt so wasted for this anime.We don't need high budget animation when most of the content consists of people just standing there and talking,we don't need it so "muh waifu" can look pretty.No.The animation and budget should,imo,be used
for the visual presentation/pacing and the action.And sure the action looked flashy with a lot of sfx and sparkles,but the fights were all so unmemorable,they were mostly just clashes and teases getting interrupted everytime for repetive talking and infodumping.The choreography was just...lacking.Gil vs Shirou felt like a filler fight.
With all that being said I have no ill-feelings against this anime,but I am however disappointed.

Can't wait to see you all again once Heavens Feel comes around,this time Ufotable won't screw up...I'm optimistic!
But for now,thank you and farewell :)
Jun 27, 2015 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Yup definitely hyped for Heaven's Feel with that trailer again.
Jun 27, 2015 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
So much yes.
SO. MUCH. YES.

London 10/10
Anime-original content 10/10
Adult Shirou GAR/10
Badass Rin 10/10
Badass Rin in boxing outfit 10/10
Badass AND cute Rin 10/10
ufoLuvia F-cup/10 (miss the OHOHOHO, though)
Saber's grave :')/10
Waver's cameo 10/10
Archer's Answer 10/10

They went WAY farther from what i thought they would with the epilogue.
ADAPTATION. FUCKING. REDEEMED.
Well, my score for the show won't be less than a 9 now, at least.

10/10 for the episode.
9/10 for second cour.
8/10 for the series.

And where the hell is my NEW Heaven's Feel PV, ufo? It's been almost a year now.
Jun 27, 2015 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
So many Fate/Grand Order CMs/trailers/character promos....

I wonder if this will be a full TV series someday.
Jun 27, 2015 8:34 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
So much yes.
SO. MUCH. YES.

London 10/10
Anime-original content 10/10
Adult Shirou GAR/10
Badass Rin 10/10
Badass Rin in boxing outfit 10/10
Badass AND cute Rin 10/10
ufoLuvia F/10
Saber's grave :')/10
Waver's cameo 10/10
Archer's Answer 10/10

The went WAY father from what i thought they would with the epilogue.

10/10 for the episode.
9/10 for second cour.
8/10 for the series.

And where the hell is my NEW Heaven's Feel PV, ufo? It's been almost a year now.

Me wonders what the Zero-watchers will think of Adult Waver.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 27, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
Stark700 said:

It better be. Scathach can't be wasted on a little mobile game.

Feb 2009
>London
>Luvia
>El Melloi II
>sunset Rin
>older Rin
>hand holding
>Heaven's Feel
Can't stop smiling about this episode.

Was a fun ride. Though I did feel that my hyped lowered at the beginning due to the minor changes that kept piling on top of each other. Still, I very much enjoyed it and kept looking forward to it every week. I'm satisfied no matter what the public says. Now to just sit back and watch the thread flood.
There's 2wei Herz next season to keep up my Fate needs. Meanwhile, I need to dive deeper in more TM stuff while waiting for HF movie. Already done so the past few months with Apocrypha and CCC.

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:

with the amount of servants they have,you should not be surprised
Jun 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

I hope this is sarcastic post.

A disjointed fanservice episode that AO's won't even understand most of redeemed the adaptation? Waitwut.
Jun 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Dec 2014
I want a damn release date for HF!

Time to throw this show in the incinerator and see the actual FZ sequel people have been waiting for.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Jun 27, 2015 8:38 AM
Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Not everyone likes hating on everything just because it's not 1:1 the VN like you do, tbh.
Congrats on being able to demolish every thread about the anime, by the way. Seriously.
Jun 27, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

A disjointed fanservice episode that AO's won't even understand most of redeemed the adaptation? Waitwut.

astroprogs(episode said:
This episode was simply... amazing.

For an episode to surpass 11 years of my insane expectations and headcanon, that's a fucking achievement.

I can't find even a single flaw in it.

The Lancer scenes and the absolute ecstasy of seeing Kirei die 10/10
Shinji's humiliation 10/10
Archer's back-to-back talk 10/10
Shirou's doubt 10/10
Saber's trauma face 10/10
Shirou's flashback 10/10
Excellent use of OST 10/10
Shirou reaching his conclusion 10/10
Shirou finally appearing as the badass he is 1000/10

This is one of the best episodes in ANY Fate adaptation out there.

Emiya/10

Also, obligatory:

astroprogs(episode said:
Dat VN music overload.
Dat awesome EMIYA usage. (finally fixed the audio mixing, eh ufo? better late than never, i guess)
Dat ridiculously badass Shirou.
Dat true ending.

Best episode in this adaptation so far.

10/10

Fai, pls.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 27, 2015 8:39 AM
May 2015
Yes, HF CM at the end. They haven't forgotten.
Jun 27, 2015 8:40 AM

Jul 2007
LegendOfLenis said:
CookingPriest said:

Not everyone likes hating on everything just because it's not 1:1 the VN like you do, tbh.
Congrats on being able to demolish every thread about the anime, by the way. Seriously.

Except nobody is "hating on everything" nor wanting it to be 1:1 like VN.

Please think up new strawman arguments next time you try to harass someone.
Jun 27, 2015 8:40 AM

Feb 2009
Mado_Mura said:
It's old footage though.
Jun 27, 2015 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
Fun episode - as it should have been.
Fanservice and closure is all I wanted, and that's what I got.

Episode gets the same score as the series: 8/10
I might like it more when rewatching with no salt being poured on these threads.

Even if they didn't do the VN justice, imagine someone who is completely unfamiliar with the source material and is watching this - it really would be pretty interesting given the crazy things that have happened.

Can't believe it's over
Imma miss you guys ;__;
(even Fai =P)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 8:43 AM
Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
LegendOfLenis said:

I saw you brainless hating on so many stuff i lost count
I can understand not liking the new caster stuff (and some other stuff, ofc). That's fine, i liked the adaptation and I didn't like that either.
But you said stuff like caster being a deep character in the vn (?? lolwut), said that they completely destroyed the white forest scene (while it was longer and explained more stuff than the VN's), etc. That's just hating because it isn't 1:1 the VN.
Also you wanted the emiya scene instead of last stardust in a scene when it would have been completely out of place like lolwut
Jun 27, 2015 8:45 AM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:

Even if they didn't do the VN justice, imagine someone who is completely unfamiliar with the source material and is watching this - it really would be pretty interesting given the crazy things that have happened.)

I do not need to imagine that. I saw people like that. Most of them treat this as typical action show or are confused and hope that "Zero will explain it all" for them.

Say what you want but this was NOT an AO friendly show.
Jun 27, 2015 8:45 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:

Says the one harrasing people for having different opinions than him.

CookingPriest said:

I do not need to imagine that. I saw people like that. Most of them treat this as typical action show or are confused and hope that "Zero will explain it all" for them.

Who are these Most you speak of? Proof would be nice.
Jun 27, 2015 8:46 AM
Dec 2014
KamiCity said:
LegendOfLenis said:

I hope this at least means we won't have to hear from him for a while, Fai seriously almost ruined the experience from this adaptation, especially when it came to discussing things on this website.

CookingPriest said:

Says the one harrasing people for having different opinions than him.

I completely avoided MAL threads just because of that but hey, you have to meet him on EVERY YOUTUBE VID anyways, so who cares.
Jun 27, 2015 8:47 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Even if they didn't do the VN justice, imagine someone who is completely unfamiliar with the source material and is watching this - it really would be pretty interesting given the crazy things that have happened.)

Could it be that by definition the people who voice their opinions on the internet are the most obnoxious ones who will bitch incessantly under the delusion that people want to hear it?

No offence to you Fai :PPP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2015 8:47 AM
Aug 2014
glad i didn't expect anything from this

mediocre and wasted potential are probably the best words to describe this mess (and thats even though i adore the source material)
Jun 27, 2015 8:48 AM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

TBH, i don't really care about Anime-onlies, as this episode was clearly NOT for them, but for VN readers.
As a VN reader i enjoyed it immensely, and enjoyed the anime as the complementary material it actually is.

I'm scoring it as a VN reader who already know the story and enjoying the pretty colors and fanservice. In that one and most important regard, this episode was just awesome, and the show overall was very nice.

May 2012
LegendOfLenis said:

I completely avoided MAL threads just because of that but hey, you have to meet him on EVERY YOUTUBE VID anyways, so who cares.

Yea I know, i started avoiding youtube comments because of that also, if I knew the reviewers i'd email them instead.

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
CookingPriest said:

Could it be that by definition the people who voice their opinions on the internet are the most obnoxious ones who will bitch incessantly under the delusion that people want to hear it?

The only way to measure the reaction is to see the reaction.

So far majority of the live reactions or reviews either are completely confused or treat it as rule of cool shonen show. That's the only mettle we will have.

And I'll take it as more relevant than "hurr durr zero wuz better" bait posts tbh.
Jun 27, 2015 8:49 AM

May 2012
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

The only way to measure the reaction is to see the reaction.

So far majority of the live reactions or reviews either are completely confused or treat it as rule of cool shonen show. That's the only mettle we will have.

Invalid statistics based on a biased sample size
also I said I wanted proof of this majority you speak of
Jun 27, 2015 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Shirou and Rin's scenes as a couple were actually good.
Luvia, hell yeah
Visiting King Arthur's grave,feels
Shinji and Sakura scene was funny

Only drawback is that Archer's monologue at the end felt sort of lacking but still

5/5
Jun 27, 2015 8:50 AM
Dec 2014
Also what is this talk about what anime onlies will or will not understand...let THEM say if they didn't understand something what the hell.
I have a lot of friends AO who saw the series and understood it (hey, maybe they have a brain, who knows) even without me telling them everything lol
Jun 27, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
If it was talk of praise for the show from reactions I bet nothing would be said.
Jun 27, 2015 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
If it was talk of praise for the show from reactions I bet nothing would be said.

it is a given. The harassment group only reacts to anything negative being said about the show.

Either way that's offtopic so meh.
Jun 27, 2015 8:54 AM

May 2012
nocorras said:
Lol this is a fallacy by the way
oh and what are you talking about, do you forget how much people like to attack things that are praised. remember the good ol' "just cuz it's popular doesn't mean it's good" argument whenever something is praised. Yea people have opinions nocorras, get over it.
Jun 27, 2015 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
KamiCity said:
nocorras said:
oh and what are you talking about, do you forget how much people like to attack things that are praised. remember the good ol' "just cuz it's popular doesn't mean it's good" argument whenever something is praised. Yea people have opinions nocorras, get over it.

I don't 'attack' it because it's praised, I do it because it's not good. You're right people do have opinions, maybe you should get over it since you're the one that always seems mad about it KamiCity.
Jun 27, 2015 8:56 AM
Aug 2012
So Ufo did something right at the end i guess..........even though it's mostly fanservice for VN readers.

Botato said:
Stark700 said:

It better be. Scathach can't be wasted on a little mobile game.

I want a Arjun vs Karna battle though.

Jun 27, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2015
Nasu wrote something for this one it seems :

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/
Jun 27, 2015 9:01 AM

May 2012
nocorras said:
KamiCity said:

I don't 'attack' it because it's praised, I do it because it's not good. You're right people do have opinions, maybe you should get over it since you're the one that always seems mad about it KamiCity.

Mad about it? When have I ever been mad about it, I don't say anything about people who logically dislike the show. That's why I rarely say anything to you.

If you don't believe it's good that's all fine, don't say stuff like "oh if they were praising it they wouldn't say anything" because you know damn well that there are people who do.

Also please define "not good" its just you seem to be the one who's mad
KamiCityJun 27, 2015 9:13 AM
Jun 27, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
http://www.fate-go.jp/howtoplay/howtoplay_1.html

FGO gameplay. Coming out in July. Hope it's available outside of Japan.
Jun 27, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2012
belatkuro said:

It's mobile right, the mobile market is a lot bigger than the vita market so hopefully we do get it here.
Jun 27, 2015 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Jun 20? what?

Is this like filler?
Jun 27, 2015 9:09 AM

May 2012
tsudecimo said:
Jun 20? what?

Is this like filler?

Kinda I guess you can say that, some of it is epilogue the rest is Anime Original content.

oh and Jun 20 was when they made this thread but kept it locked, they've been doing it all series for some reason. They'd just unlock it when the episode aired.
Jun 27, 2015 9:14 AM

Feb 2015

Waver lol
Jun 27, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
laidellent said:

Waver lol

O_O
Jun 27, 2015 9:17 AM

Jul 2007
belatkuro said:

Holy shit. That is even bigger chain chronicle clone than Ithought.

The "battle sequences" from PVs also look like ripped from that:
Jun 27, 2015 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
tsudecimo said:
laidellent said:

Waver lol

O_O

Yeah he became a teacher in Clocktower at London after 4th HGW
Jun 27, 2015 9:20 AM
Dec 2014
nocorras said:
KamiCity said:

I don't care if people don't like it, i care when they have to fill the topic of their complaints and those complaints are based on how a 1:1 copy of the vn the episode was. And when they aren't, they have no sense (see: fai)
Jun 27, 2015 9:33 AM
May 2015
belatkuro said:
Mado_Mura said:
It's old footage though.

I know ;_;
It still brings a small amount of hope for more info on it to come out sometime in 2015, though.
Pages (29) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 17, 2015

1448 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - May 9, 2015

1316 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1282 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 16, 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.