Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A lot of buildup this episode in the first half. Basically, I guess it's like how they want to prevent the world from ultimate destruction according to the plans.

It's kinda funny seeing how they had a giant robot completely armed already for this type of thing lol

Loved the bits of action though this episode from the military, definitely worth waiting for and cliffhanger D:
Stark700Jun 18, 2015 11:31 AM
Jun 18, 2015 11:56 AM
Jun 18, 2015 12:07 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty exciting start of the final conflict. Looking forward to seeing how it all gets resolved next week! That dance callback in the preview! :D

Also...was Meika dressed as General MacArthur in the beginning? LOL
animefan8800Jun 18, 2015 12:11 PM
Jun 18, 2015 12:08 PM

Apr 2012
Good God, wow... Here we go – just a regular pantsu show...
6373153742nd Yuuta is badass. Well, Ito too.
Tsubouchi still trying too find the bear, that was hilarious.

But still, i fear that we will get normal end here and explanation will not be full. The game will has the answer.
Or, "to be continued" end? I'm just playing 999 now...
YMMSJun 18, 2015 12:14 PM
I know that my English isn't good so, please, bear with me.
Jun 18, 2015 12:15 PM
Dec 2014
Is it just me or whenever Americans are speaking English in anime they are either obviously Japanese speaking engrish or Australians who have a very different accent.
Jun 18, 2015 12:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Did the cat tell spirit Yuuta to possess Rabura's body?

And yo, the animation in those fight scenes was amazing. Highlight was Ito going all out with her gaming skills in a real battlefield. YOOOOOOOOOOOO

All set for an exciting finale!
Jun 18, 2015 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
the animation and fight just awesome
plus the cliffhanger XD
Jun 18, 2015 12:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Preview is insane by the way.
Jun 18, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2014
Shit i almost believed that their squads name was " PRETTY CUTIE MOON". Stupid strange juice just tricking me. And the opening is seriously growing on me. Also call for the cat coming in clutch, he obviously got the ghost to control raburas body.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 18, 2015 12:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Really really good episode :D

First half was more light and or gang got to have their new years party which was sweet but man did shit get intense in the second half

The battles were all amazing and was animated so damn well....The cliffhanger hurts >.<
Jun 18, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2010
Holy shit this is getting better and better :O Based Mappa >.<!

The animation during those action scenes was amazing this ep :3

Nice choreography too with Ito robot, Yuuta, Juice and possessed Rabura (actually forgot about the other Yuuta lol)

Bitch cliffhanger to add XD I'm sure Meika did something about that though.
Jun 18, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
That last scene reminded me of "X-Men: First Class".

Too bad they don't have Magneto on their side.
Jun 18, 2015 1:22 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit mappa how are you so based, the action in the episode was top notch, Ito fighting makes me REALLY want to see how mappa would do a mecha series too.

Cant wait for the final episode, depending on how it goes will decide between a 7 or an 8. This was my big sleeper hit of the season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 18, 2015 1:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well shit :|
Jun 18, 2015 1:23 PM
Nov 2010
Man that was a good ep.
This anime has been one of my favorites hell It pretty much is my favorite this season. Over all I just simply enjoy this show way too much.
Jun 18, 2015 1:26 PM
Feb 2015
Yea!!! Go surrender with your white panties... Lmao

Lots of good action in the second half. The build up in the first have was alright but the action was sweet! Sadly they gave us a freakin CLIFFHANGER D:<
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 18, 2015 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone working together to protect Korai House. Epic.

General MeikArthur.
Strange Juice played too much Splatoon.
Ito looks extremely pleased piloting the mech with her Torahachiro persona.
Spirit Yuta was observing everything at the sides.

I'm not watching the preview, going blind this time.

Jun 18, 2015 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone is working hard together to protect Korai House.

The action scenes are awesome in this episode.
Jun 18, 2015 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, this episode was great. Is it just me or was the art and animation loads better than the last 2 or 3 episode?
Jun 18, 2015 2:37 PM

Mar 2015
Shit got real, everyone is fighting, and god that animation and action was beautiful
Jun 18, 2015 2:56 PM

Feb 2011
shit just got even realer than real
Jun 18, 2015 3:02 PM

Feb 2013
I was actually under the impression that this was the last episode. Didn't know it would break the noitaminA mold until I was halfway through the ep and nothing was resolved

Now that would have been a true crisis lol.
Jun 18, 2015 3:03 PM

Jun 2014
i lost at the general playing with his phone
Jun 18, 2015 3:10 PM

Apr 2014
Yoo the animation during the action scenes were excellent. Anyone knows who directed this episode?
NotJizzyHitler said:
Holy shit mappa how are you so based, the action in the episode was top notch, Ito fighting makes me REALLY want to see how mappa would do a mecha series too.

^ This. I really want to see MAPPA animate a mecha series someday.
Jun 18, 2015 3:27 PM
Nov 2013
I feel bad for all the people that dropped this early on, this was awesome <3 that animation and soundtrack tho.
Jun 18, 2015 3:49 PM
Apr 2015
SWEET BABY JESUS!! Yuta is about to kick some ass rn... I just know the finale is going to be action packed and emotional af.. I just hope we get a happy ending.. And who knows they might even get their bodies back
Jun 18, 2015 3:56 PM

Feb 2012
Regardless about how you feel about the series by this point, you can't deny that the action in the second half was freaking sweet (first half, I can take or leave). Whilst Garo's climactic action is better on a substance-level, this beats out practically every action scene I've seen in anime on a technical-level and there's enough substance in it to avoid the trap of being "technically good but empty" like, say, Symphogear.

And according to the preview, there's still enough for more.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jun 18, 2015 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
this is what a sakuga episode is all about, i freaking love every second of it, if only this level of animation is present on all episodes i will give this anime a perfect score
Jun 18, 2015 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Damn the second half was godlike. 10/10 action, they even got a mecha. So awesome. And the even the spirit Yuta helped. The last episode is gonna be such a blast to watch.
Jun 18, 2015 4:41 PM

Feb 2012
j0x said:
if only this level of animation is present on all episodes i will give this anime a perfect score

Mappa's projects aren't exactly big money-makers. That they're able to provide this level of quality despite their present refusal to cover costs with LN adaptations and such is pretty amazing in of itself.
Jun 18, 2015 4:50 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty amazing episode, and the overall atmosphere until the cliffhanger left me waiting for more. Looking forward to see how it ends.
Jun 18, 2015 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
Of course there's still hope, you still have 2 days left unlike the last time line and Meika is still on your side, in anime if you have a computer hacker that means you can do anything.

I still can't get over the fact that the solution of the whole asteroid problem is that simple and it is actually preventable if Meika removed that obvious foreign object from the antenna in the first place, and she doesn't for some reason, or Chiranosuke actually told Yuuta some useful information. Damn that stupid cat is annoying. And the script too.

A less mechanical and artificial way to convey emotions would be just insert huge letter boxes onto the screen saying "This is the point you should feel sorry for them.", "And wait,", "Now they are partying for the last time, SMILE.".

It IS painfully obvious that the show is going to incorporated the Kaku-mekar, something that is undesirable in film, but that would be too harsh for this show.

Yeah right, it is the first time line Chiranosuke encountered that is so unlike the other 6 BILLION times but you didn't do anything to help Yuuta. I thought the number "6 billion" is supposed to have the same meaning as "infinite", and now you have an abnormality on your hand and you just going to let the chance slips through? And Yuuta you should be angry at him because he told you jack shit and you can clearly see he is not trying and just abandon you whenever the situation is not desirable to him. You know I should stop looking for logic in characters' actions since everything is plot-centric, it's not like story and characters are that important, it is excusable as long as things happen right?

You don't hire Seong ho Park for nothing. That is freaking awesome!
raveninthemuddleJun 18, 2015 5:13 PM
Jun 18, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2014
Well I'm happy they got some people who spoke decent English to play the americans. It makes me cringe when the english sounds really bad when the characters are suppose to foreign-born. Yes I'm looking at you Kiniro Mosiac.
Jun 18, 2015 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
AaaaaaKun said:
You know I should stop looking for logic in characters' actions since everything is plot-eccentric, it's not like story and characters are that important, it is excusable as long as things happen right?]

Not arguing with you in regards to the show itself (because I know full well it isn't great, let alone perfect), but I think we have different definitions of "plot" and "story". As in, what you consider plot, I consider story, and vice-versa. As I said to you before, I favor story over plot, but you can just say I favor plot over story if that suits your definitions.
Jun 18, 2015 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
AaaaaaKun said:

Yeah right, it is the first time line Chiranosuke encountered that is so unlike the other 6 BILLION times but you didn't do anything to help Yuuta. I thought the number "6 billion" is supposed to have the same meaning as "infinite", and now you have an abnormality on your hand and you just going to let the chance slips through?

Punchline was never realistic to begin with, but this kind of bothers me, 6 billion was too big of a number. Maybe the cat was lying? It actually seems like Chiranosuke is just looking for the one Yuuta who has the balls to to disobey him and be that one with a strong enough willpower to change history, or something like that.
removed-userJun 18, 2015 5:40 PM
Jun 18, 2015 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
THIS WAS SO GOOD
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 18, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
Flawfinder said:

Not arguing with you in regards to the show itself (because I know full well it isn't great, let alone perfect), but I think we have different definitions of "plot" and "story". As in, what you consider plot, I consider story, and vice-versa. As I said to you before, I favor story over plot, but you can just say I favor plot over story if that suits your definitions.

It's true that the plot is also the story. For Punchline the plot is Yuuta trying to save the human race from extinction, thus that becomes the story itself. It's like on a race track, the racers (the characters) trying to finish the race by reaching the goal, that's my definition of a plot. But at the same time you can just walk alongside the race track not caring whether you will reach the goal or not, and that is a plotless story. But regardless of a goal, as long as you have the race track and someone makes use of that race track, you have a story. I hope that explains my view of "Story" and "Plot".

Jorjz said:

Punchline was never a realistic story, but this kind of bothers me, 6 billion was too big of a number. Maybe the cat was lying? It actually seems like Chiranosuke is just looking for the one Yuuta who has the balls to to disobey him and be that one with a strong enough willpower to change history, or something like that.

If Chiranosuke is really lying he and Uchikoshi would be the biggest troll in recent anime history. You don't write a mouthpiece into the story just to misguide characters or deny information.
raveninthemuddleJun 18, 2015 6:00 PM
Jun 18, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2014
Dayyyum Ito is a badass. like wth a tiny mecha robot just took out a whole army of US tanks
and wow Guriko has a whole team of W's.

damn that cliffhanger.
Jun 18, 2015 6:20 PM

Apr 2014
I really don't know what to think at this point. I really want to like this series but it just doesn't know what to do with itself. The plot is all over the place with unexplained, really not even touched on loose ends. It's moving really quickly, too quickly for me to even discern what in the world is going on. It reminds me of FLCL, but while FLCL's craziness had a point, Punchline just feels like it's completely unorganized and out of control.
Jun 18, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Korai House OMG !!!!
Jun 18, 2015 7:11 PM

Feb 2012
AaaaaaKun said:

It's true that the plot is also the story. For Punchline the plot is Yuuta trying to save the human race from extinction, thus that becomes the story itself. It's like on a race track, the racers (the characters) trying to finish the race by reaching the goal, that's my definition of a plot. But at the same time you can just walk alongside the race track not caring whether you will reach the goal or not, and that is a plotless story. But regardless of a goal, as long as you have the race track and someone makes use of that race track, you have a story. I hope that explains my view of &quot;Story&quot; and &quot;Plot&quot;.

To me, the story are the themes and sense of importance the piece of fiction wants to convey whilst the plot is how the author conveys it. Let's use a different anime for an example. Say...Kekkai Sensen. That show's plot is whatever random adventure Leo and the battlefront goes on whilst the story said adventures want to convey is that "crazy things happen in alien NY". If you pay attention to my forum posts on that show, I find that story to be too broad and "junk food" to be the least bit entertaining. That and I don't think it's funny. There's just no philosophy to digest on underneath all the coolness (nothing an elementary schooler wouldn't know at least).

Whilst there's a little overlap, I don't think plot can ever truly be story.
Jun 18, 2015 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Yo we Gundam now?! "PogChamp"

but really animation in this episode was quite nice
Jun 18, 2015 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
get in the fucking robot Shinji
Jun 19, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, even spirit Yuuta is getting in the action.
Jun 19, 2015 1:39 AM

Apr 2013
uberfied rabura with the invisibility cloak looked pretty badass

action was great
Jun 19, 2015 1:52 AM

Dec 2014
Flawfinder said:

To me, the story are the themes and sense of importance the piece of fiction wants to convey whilst the plot is how the author conveys it. Let's use a different anime for an example. Say...Kekkai Sensen. That show's plot is whatever random adventure Leo and the battlefront goes on whilst the story said adventures want to convey is that "crazy things happen in alien NY". If you pay attention to my forum posts on that show, I find that story to be too broad and "junk food" to be the least bit entertaining. That and I don't think it's funny. There's just no philosophy to digest on underneath all the coolness (nothing an elementary schooler wouldn't know at least).

Whilst there's a little overlap, I don't think plot can ever truly be story.

It can, a plot has every elements that needed to be a story, like characters, settings, events etc., it's just wouldn't be popular most of the time because it isn't enjoyable for the audience. Like riding a train built with no accommodations. But of course that is came from my definition based on nothing other than their structural importance in a dramatic story-telling structure. It makes things easier in an analytical sense.
Jun 19, 2015 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
Uchikoshi really loves writing party scenes
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Jun 19, 2015 2:52 AM

Apr 2012
the animation was pretty stellar in this episode

really wasn't expecting much coming into this series but it's more entertaining than i anticipated

Jun 19, 2015 4:25 AM

Jun 2013
Meika never said ol strange juice would die if she went uber again. She's probably gonna use it expecting to die and then not die
Jun 19, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2010
...hype was not expecting the Yuuta from the present to make an appearance this is how you build a hype for the last episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

267 by Ronninn »»
Apr 3, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2015

120 by Desaturate »»
Feb 17, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Punch Line Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

205 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 13, 2023 12:06 PM

» Does anybody else think the Nandala Gandala is the equivalent to the Kama Sutra?

TokyoSanchez - Apr 17, 2015

6 by Rnonsenseguy »»
Jun 3, 2022 3:23 AM

» Please, Play The Game

removed-user - Sep 5, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 5, 2019 6:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.