Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should bullying receive the death penalty?
Yes
20.2%
No (because I am a bully myself)
17.3%
Don't know
2.9%
No, not the death penalty but bullies should still be punished
54.8%
Bullies rule the world so theres nothing we can do anyway
4.8%
104 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2015 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
Not unless they kill the victim (suicide doesn't count, it has to be murder), the death penalty is not for juvenile mischief, but for senseless murder, mass murder, terrorism, and treason.

Jul 3, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 2014
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
Jul 3, 2015 9:48 PM

May 2012
Let us kill everything we don't like. Sound method op.
Jul 3, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
No I don't think they should be killed thats ridiculous.

Unless they are stealing your shit or beating you up they shouldn't be punished, or doing something that actual breaks the law.

If all they are doing is saying "mean" things to you then they shouldn't be punished at all. Of course threats are a different story.
Jul 3, 2015 9:59 PM
Apr 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Let us kill everything we don't like. Sound method op.
lolatusenpai in a nutshell.
Jul 3, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2015
lol No. There's already some pretty good systems in place to be honest. If you verbally assault someone in the workplace you get fired. You get disciplined in school. The problem is that nobody reports bullying. They'd definitely not report it if the person would be given the death penalty lol.

I have problems with the death penalty in general any way lol.

Jul 3, 2015 10:14 PM
May 2015
So many sins exist other than bullying which are evil enough for us to consider death penalty. Death penalty per se, however, shouldn't be legalized, I think. There are quite many historical cases where some abused death penalty to eliminate their political enemies who were innocent and where the killed turned out not to be the culprit.
Jul 5, 2015 8:28 PM

May 2014
Nah, they could change.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.
Jul 5, 2015 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
Bullying weeds out the weak
Jul 5, 2015 8:31 PM

Jun 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

Jul 5, 2015 10:51 PM

Jan 2012
I think bullying should be punished with a hefty community service sentence.
(Sure it fucks up victims mentally, but they still have free will and can choose to seek help. Suicide is by their own free will.)
Killing bullies is a disproportionate punishment; and they won't be much use to anyone in jail either.
They should rather be forced to serve the public and contribute to society in a meaningful way
- Maybe they'll become better people... If they don't, serving others will be the worst punnishment ever for a bully's ego.

I would like to see the death penalty for rape though.
That fucks people up mentally worse than anything. I'd honestly rather die than be raped.
I'd see death to rapists as a merciful punishment - one step back from the deserved punishment:
1. Castrating them, and
2. Violating them in return with a large mechanical device (so a person wouldn't have to do it) that will cause them great pain and permanent physical and mental damage, and
3. Tattooing the word RAPIST across their face, then
4. Jailing them for a number of years before releasing them back into society as slaves.

NyaaJul 5, 2015 11:54 PM
Jul 5, 2015 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
So because bullying might cause someone to end their life you want to end someone's life?

Doesn't seem like the most fair punishment.
I don't have a signature.
Jul 5, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2014
So we should kill someone because Carl can't take an insult? This is as retarded as the internet trolling ban in New Zealand. I do agree that bullies should be punished but not like this.

d445 said:
bullying should be treated same as rape
Please, explain your logic to everyone. You're comparing two different things here...
Jul 5, 2015 11:17 PM

Aug 2014
VBS said:
That fucks people up mentally worse than anything. I'd honestly rather die than be raped.
I'd see death to rapists as a merciful punishment - one step back from the deserved punishment:
1. Castrating them, and
2. Violating them in return with a large mechanical device (so a person wouldn't have to do it) that will cause them great pain and permanent physical and mental damage, and
4. Jailing them for a number of years before releasing them beck into society as slaves.

Looks like this is one of those threads where everyone tries to be edgy... You're not even funny by the way. You actually sound like you need professional help.
Jul 5, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2014
VBS said:
I think bullying should be punished with a hefty community service sentence.
(Sure it fucks up victims mentally, but they still have free will and can choose to seek help. Suicide is by their own free will.)
Killing bullies is a disproportionate punishment; and they won't be much use to anyone in jail either.
They should rather be forced to serve the public and contribute to society in a meaningful way
- Maybe they'll become better people... If they don't, serving others will be the worst punnishment ever for a bully's ego.

1. Castrating them, and
4. Jailing them for a number of years before releasing them beck into society as slaves.

I tried to prevent some girl from committing suicide due to getting raped a lot. Really hard to convince her when she was traumatized really badly. Only advice I could give her is to take revenge and don't let those who raped her win the game. I think it worked..

Anyways, bullies are just people who want to demonstrate power, we are all bullies admit it or not. We bully other animals, insects, plants. No one is pure of "bullying".
Is this where you live?

Jul 5, 2015 11:43 PM
Feb 2014
All of those people who keep saying "no bully" are probably bullies themselves in the end but refuse to admit such.

OT: Doesn't even deserve a punishment unless it's a death threat.
Jul 5, 2015 11:53 PM

Jan 2012
MechaKiryu said:
VBS said:
Looks like this is one of those threads where everyone tries to be edgy... You're not even funny by the way. You actually sound like you need professional help.
I'm dead serious. I've advocated "death to rapists" for a long time and posted it in several threads in the past.
The only thing I did differently this time is lay out a comprehensive plan for the punishment I think rapists deserve.
Of course, I'd be settle for the death penalty.
Jul 6, 2015 12:02 AM
Feb 2014
VBS said:
MechaKiryu said:
I'm dead serious. I've advocated "death to rapists" for a long time and posted it in several threads in the past.
The only thing I did differently this time is lay out a comprehensive plan for the punishment I think rapists deserve.
Of course, I'd be settle for the death penalty.

Depending on the severity of the rape (attempted murder through serial rape), maybe. Otherwise, just lock them up and let them rape themselves while in jail.
Jul 6, 2015 1:28 AM

May 2012
its a crime to physically bully someone i guess since thats like assault
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jul 6, 2015 1:31 AM

Mar 2013
Another quality thread from Lolitasenpai.
Jul 6, 2015 1:33 AM

Oct 2014
No ffs, that's a bit to damn harsh.

Sure prison for severe bullying against a fellow classmate or friend but I personally only believe that Death penalty should be given to terrorist/mass-murderers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 1:40 AM

Sep 2013
Death penalty is a lazy fuckin' way to solve problems, not that anything has actually been resolved...

"omg i'm being bullied, SLAY THE MOTHERFUCKER"
Jul 6, 2015 2:23 AM

Jan 2014
Depends on what kind of bullying they've done.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Aug 31, 2019 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
The death penalty should only be used if they; Caused a suicide, Murdered another person. If they diidn't do that then it's too harsh.
Aug 31, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2019
No because there are no proven benefits to having the death penalty for any crimes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 2016
No, because the right kind of bully can teach you to man the fuck up and take control of your life, something your dad never did which is why you're getting bullied in the first place. The wrong kind of bully shouldn't even exist but it's only wusses like you who let them exist.
Aug 31, 2019 2:52 PM

Feb 2019
Haha, yes! Human lives aren’t worth anything! Let’s kill off anyone we want.
To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly.
Aug 31, 2019 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Lol, of course not. I was bullied for most of my life, from elementary school all the way up to high school. One thing I’ll say right now is that kids, whether they’re in elementary school or high school, are assholes. When I was in elementary school, I was repeatedly made fun of and excluded. When I was in middle school, I was made fun of, excluded, and had my personal belongings hidden from me in the locker room on more than one occasion. Once I made it to high school, I was mostly just excluded. I won’t deny that bullying can fuck you up. I’m very insecure and struggle with my self esteem after all these years as a result of the bullying, and my experiences definitely had an effect on my relationships and how I interact with others even today. It really does suck.

Despite this, I don’t think that people should be killed (obviously), or even tried, just for the shitty things they did as kids. By the time I got to my later years of high school, most everybody had matured to a point where the bullying was practically nonexistent. Not that adults can’t be bullies. Unfortunately, there are a few very bad people who don’t grow out of that behavior, but for the most part, people do. They grow older, and also develop a greater sense of empathy.
Aug 31, 2019 3:31 PM

Feb 2018
No what are you physcopath. You literally sound like Eric Harris killing someone just because they hurt your feeling! Your crazy!
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Aug 31, 2019 3:55 PM

Feb 2018
Who is Carl (Carl from jimmy neutron?)
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Aug 31, 2019 4:12 PM
Feb 2019
i can't even imagine a proper way for such a law to be actually carried out, let alone be morally justified; how do you even define a "bully" properly? is it an instigator? if that's the case, then what about the people who follow said instigator in fear of being outcasted?
Aug 31, 2019 5:45 PM

Sep 2018
pssh, haha

sure, maybe if society wasn't based on a bully-victim scenario

Thanakos said:
No, because the right kind of bully can teach you to man the fuck up and take control of your life, something your dad never did which is why you're getting bullied in the first place. The wrong kind of bully shouldn't even exist but it's only wusses like you who let them exist.
lol this guy
Aug 31, 2019 7:52 PM

May 2009
Thread Locked

This thread violates Rule 7 of Casual Discussion, which pertains to controversial material.

I'm surprised it started a new conversation, but currently it breaks the rules of CD.

Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

14 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

95 by DesuMaiden »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 4 hours ago

15 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

13 by DesuMaiden »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.