Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2015 7:15 PM

Jun 2011
Has Vash ever flailed his legs on the floor while crying before? Because in a scene where he does it in the film, it was around the time when I think I heard Vash does do some tantrums but never like this! I was shocked seeing an adult flail his legs on the floor like a child! I think it's a horrible message for teenagers/adults or (whoever its target audience is.) saying "Hey, you don't have to be a little kid to do this, do this whenever you can't get something". People should know how to grow up already.

It was out-of-character, too.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jun 16, 2015 7:44 PM
Oct 2012
pinkarray said:
Has Vash ever flailed his legs on the floor while crying before? Because in a scene where he does it in the film, it was around the time when I think I heard Vash does do some tantrums but never like this! I was shocked seeing an adult flail his legs on the floor like a child! I think it's a horrible message for teenagers/adults or (whoever its target audience is.) saying "Hey, you don't have to be a little kid to do this, do this whenever you can't get something". People should know how to grow up already.

Alas, it was completely in character. Any person who has moral doubts about killing a person who has killed so many innocent people is, morally speaking, a child.

Trigun should be viewed only as visual art, thinking any more about the story is ultimately disappointing. Though I will admit it is excellent visual art.
Jun 17, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
pinkarray said:

We are talking about an anime right? A Cartoon? A ... fictional character.
I don't think it really matters what he does, and to me ... it's entirely in character. Vash has always been pretty darn childish.

It's not a horrible message, horrible is too strong of a word for something like this. A somewhat bad message for little kids, sure. Are they likely to follow such a message that appeared in a show? Probably not.

Also ... Trigun doesn't strike me as a kids kind of show. At least not that young.

At the end of the day it's up to the parents to teach their children. If a show influences their child to that extent, it's likely because they are bad at parenting.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Jun 24, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2011
brabbit1987 said:
pinkarray said:

We are talking about an anime right? A Cartoon? A ... fictional character.
I don't think it really matters what he does, and to me ... it's entirely in character. Vash has always been pretty darn childish.

It's not a horrible message, horrible is too strong of a word for something like this. A somewhat bad message for little kids, sure. Are they likely to follow such a message that appeared in a show? Probably not.

Also ... Trigun doesn't strike me as a kids kind of show. At least not that young.

At the end of the day it's up to the parents to teach their children. If a show influences their child to that extent, it's likely because they are bad at parenting.

I didn't say it was for the very young children, I was saying 13+ because it is not really marketed to a younger age group.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Dec 12, 2018 4:49 PM

Apr 2016
old thread but reading this made me lose brain cells
moe moe ichijou seiya

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun: Badlands Rumble Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

WolfWood37 - Jul 3, 2010

129 by Uneducated_Weeb »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:22 AM

» Is this separate from Trigun?

19maria9 - Sep 30, 2011

7 by Avichii »»
Nov 1, 2019 12:17 PM

» Trigun the Movie on Toonami in December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

0 by YourAnimeGuy »»
Nov 15, 2013 7:30 PM

» Did they throw him into the Lazarus pit? (spoiler)

marcosmk - Jan 2, 2013

2 by GodotCoffee »»
Feb 2, 2013 6:13 PM

» Is it coincidence Vic Mignogna was cast as a blonde haired pervert in this movie?

GodotCoffee - May 20, 2012

0 by GodotCoffee »»
May 20, 2012 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.