Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jun 21, 2015 12:11 PM
Oct 2013
I'm male, I hate yaoi, I don't like promoting homosexuality (but I can tolerate it)...I'd rather ship Mika over Shinoa with Yu. I'll take the yaoi ending.
Jun 21, 2015 3:18 PM

Mar 2014
Chiibi said:
The reunion scene was far more powerful than it deserved to be

Why doesn't a character "deserve" to get emotional over seeing his brother whom he thought was dead for four years?
Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I meant that the anime isn't particularly well-written - I'd call it mediocre overall - so that scene shouldn't have been so powerful. However, they handled it well, so it was.
Ph4ntomR3qJun 21, 2015 3:24 PM
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jun 21, 2015 5:12 PM
Jun 2014
Bad ass transformation i must say. I would like to have seen the vampires be more scared of his power because like he just leveled 2-3 large buildings with one swing of his sword which he just barely dodged. But what i did not like was the old fashioned hug the guy that is OP and out of control and he goes back to normal bull, they should have made it harder for them to turn him back because at that point why should the thing that has possessed him care if someone hugs him. Unless hugs are its only weakness.
over all 5/5 for this episode.
Jun 21, 2015 6:18 PM

Nov 2008
Nothing257 said:
why should the thing that has possessed him care if someone hugs him. Unless hugs are its only weakness.

Cause evil things don't care for warm fuzzy feels. :'D

*shot*

No, it was really just to bring Yuu's humanity back; think of it as "calling his human side" over "repelling the seraph".

Jun 21, 2015 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
Yuu saves Shinoa. Shinoa saves Yuu.

If Yuu is an "experiment"... when was this administered? .. conveniently left out huh?
Jun 23, 2015 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
fst said:
mira-nyan said:

Cows have horns. Horns can kill.

So, yes, a farmer can be killed by a live stock.

And that's before you count in things like diseases. :P

And most likely is holding back, becuz he's Guren like that.

mira pls

These kawaii bastards wouldn't hurt a fly.

fst said:
Maybe that's what the Seraph of the End was

Their attempt at creating super-AIDS

At first i though you were talking about the show itself. But that is more like cancerous so i read again.
Jun 23, 2015 4:04 PM

Dec 2008
Did Mika seriously just princess carry Yu away from the fight?
I think I like Yu better when he's in berserker mode.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 23, 2015 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
I was worried that this anime series was gonna turn into Yaoi especially episode 11. Thankfully Yuuichirou took his unfamiliar appearance and gave some time for reinforcements.

Mikaela is the cause of Yaoi, Fuck him as he is causing too much Yaoi scenes which is DISTRUBING
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
Renaultclio101 said:
I was worried that this anime series was gonna turn into Yaoi especially episode 11. Thankfully Yuuichirou took his unfamiliar appearance and gave some time for reinforcements.

Mikaela is the cause of Yaoi, Fuck him as he is causing too much Yaoi scenes which is DISTRUBING

XD I love how afraid you are of yaoi. Get ready for more later on.
Jun 23, 2015 5:50 PM

Sep 2014
Renaultclio101 said:

It's not yaoi, it's
friendship
brother hood.
family.

They haven't seen each other for 4 years. One thought all his family died and lived for revenge, the other thought he and his family was being betrayed by the world, and lived like an emo.

There is no yaoi. Pls.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 24, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
Definitely the best episode. That was so intense & emotional...I'm so sad that there's only one more episode, I can't wait to see how this is going to end (and I cant wait for the next season)!
Jun 25, 2015 5:30 PM
Jul 2013
screaming.lots of screaming.what the hell was that.
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Jun 27, 2015 8:09 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, I never expected Yu to be this powerful. In the end this adaptation managed to deliver way more than I hoped it would.

I'm pretty content that the humans didn't turn out to be as weak as they seemed.

Also the ship's pretty much confirmed at this point? I guess that Shihou and Mitsuba aren't that bad of a ship anyway.
Jun 27, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
seeing Shinoa so scared upon seeing what has become of Yu, is enough pay back for me how annoying she is from the very start, I hope she changes a bit after this whole ordeal...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 28, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2007
They sure do a lot of standing around and talking for being in the middle of a battlefield.

This show has awful pacing.
Jun 30, 2015 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode of this show.
Jul 2, 2015 12:52 AM

Nov 2007
This episode made me hate Mika and Yu. Yu just stands there like a lovesick school girl when Mika shows up. His friends are all about to die and he's standing there doing nothing before his transformation. This guy spent the first 10 episodes ranting about how he had to kill vampires. Ok here's thevampires. Here's the guy that killed your fellow children, almost killed Mika, and you are now acting like this? Guren did seem to be buying time while the vamps were toying with them a bit much.

Mika meanwhile rants about humans using him? Uh and the vamps aren't using you? You know how you are standing next to the bad guy? Get out of here with the whole holy "save Yu" thing when you are going along with using kids as livestock now.

While Guren is using him at least he has reasons I suppose. Shinoa is about the only like able character in this. Maybe Shihou. Yoichi is still a big pansy.
Jul 2, 2015 1:13 PM

May 2012
That sure was intense! Really like the development taking place here, but looking on where we are in the story the ending of this first season will be rather open but well let's see how it ends next!
Jul 3, 2015 10:03 PM
Jun 2015
Hi guys so I wondering, the rest of team Shinoa got bit by vampires but they only Shinoa cried, that scene kinda pissed me off a little bit i don't know why but it seems a little bit like a rape scene? Anyways I thought that they would've turned into vampires or something after getting bit since shinoa cried but they didn't.....sooo why did she cry?
Jul 4, 2015 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
So many things bothered me about the show so far but this episode bothers me the most. the action scenes were all talking. everyone should be dead or dying instead of just standing and waiting while the enemy is down or talking.
Also, can these vampires stand in the sun or not???
The opening shows the main team killing those monsters a lot but they literally only seen/have killed one. wat.

banana
Jul 4, 2015 6:32 PM

Nov 2007
mystik said:
This episode made me hate Mika and Yu. Yu just stands there like a lovesick school girl when Mika shows up. His friends are all about to die and he's standing there doing nothing before his transformation. This guy spent the first 10 episodes ranting about how he had to kill vampires. Ok here's thevampires. Here's the guy that killed your fellow children, almost killed Mika, and you are now acting like this? Guren did seem to be buying time while the vamps were toying with them a bit much.

Mika meanwhile rants about humans using him? Uh and the vamps aren't using you? You know how you are standing next to the bad guy? Get out of here with the whole holy "save Yu" thing when you are going along with using kids as livestock now.

While Guren is using him at least he has reasons I suppose. Shinoa is about the only like able character in this. Maybe Shihou. Yoichi is still a big pansy.

I definitely agree with a lot of this. I dont understand why Mika wholeheartedly believes the very same person that tricked him and killed his whole family. :/
The part with Yu is understandable because he thought Mika was dead like everyone else. When you suddenly see someone you loved so dearly and thought they had died, you'd be rather befuddled. What bothers me is how everyone just stands and watches as Yu and Mika stare and cry at each other in the middle of the fight?

banana
Jul 6, 2015 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
Man_Teddy said:
Hi guys so I wondering, the rest of team Shinoa got bit by vampires but they only Shinoa cried, that scene kinda pissed me off a little bit i don't know why but it seems a little bit like a rape scene? Anyways I thought that they would've turned into vampires or something after getting bit since shinoa cried but they didn't.....sooo why did she cry?
This comment is a little all over the place, and I'm not sure I understood all of it, but here goes...

Shinoa cried because she was in pain, and she though all hope was lost.

I think the reason that it felt a little bit like a rape scene to you is because that's basically what it was... Sort of, at least. In the best vampire stories, being bitten by a vampire is an oddly sexual experience for the victim* (there's lots of moaning and sighing), unless it's a wholly violent act, in which case there's more screaming and bleeding. Therefore, an unwanted bite from a vampire could be interpreted as rape.

The reason no one has been changed into a vampire is explained in one of the other episodes (I'm not sure which).

I hope that helps :)

*Some versions of Dracula (including the novel) play up this aspect; and in 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King, one of the characters gets an erection when a (female) vampire bites him.
Ph4ntomR3qJul 6, 2015 2:39 PM
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Jul 25, 2015 12:04 PM

Nov 2009
Well that transformation was creepy as hell, I like how what was in Yu's mind with the angels and stuff was like the polar opposite of the powers physical form.
Aug 3, 2015 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
That... was epic. Best episode yet EASILY. Oh man. More Berserker Yuuichiro, plz.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 4, 2015 3:38 AM

Nov 2014
Someone have name of the soundtrack on Yuu's transformation = during Crowley VS Yuu?
Aug 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get it. Why do so much people think it's yaoi? Wtf, so much of you can't differentiate between family/friendship and yaoi.....?

Anyway, the vampires dominated this fight. They are to strong. What I don't understand is this unhuman thing in Yuu. What is this? Maybe Seraph of the end? Yuu lost complete the control over himself, even the noble vampire couldn't stop him.

Omg I'm so glad that Shinoa survived, it was nice to see that she rescued Yuu. Another thing with Guren. What does he exactly know about this thing in Yuu, the talk between him and Ferid was suspicious especially when Guren said that Yuu is his trump card.

So much questions. I'm curious how they will end it. Only 1 episode left :-(

Aug 20, 2015 2:30 PM

May 2013
I predict Yu x Shinoa and Mika x Krul ending
Aug 25, 2015 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
Wtf with everybody crying "this is a battlefield" but then everyone is trolling with each other. Guren was being held by the neck by Ferid for an eternity but still didn't killed him and also Guren was pierced in the heart but he still kept on leaping and spinning.

1 more episode then i'm done with this shit of an anime.
Aug 27, 2015 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
rinneganfire4u said:
Wtf with everybody crying "this is a battlefield" but then everyone is trolling with each other. Guren was being held by the neck by Ferid for an eternity but still didn't killed him and also Guren was pierced in the heart but he still kept on leaping and spinning.

1 more episode then i'm done with this shit of an anime.

I hope you dropped it by now. ONS is really messy and when you get down to it's really an anime/manga that focuses purely on baiting specific groups of fans. You could say a lot of other shows do this and that's true. However, if you look at the author's other work you'll notice he put more time and thought into his characters. However, with this one..

Two characters who care strongly for each other with "gay" undertones? Check. (It's even worse since there's no actual effort put into their relationship other than hey u were my bud i lost u but here u are ya). Weak boy chara? Check. Punk chara? Check. Tsundere? Check. Main heroine who suddenly falls for the main character because they're the main character? Check. I could go on all day rip. It's one thing if they're characters who simply have those traits, but it's another if that's all there is to the characters half the time.

This series is kinda only worth watching for Shinoa, Yoichi, Mika, Mitsuba, and Guren. But even then they either get no worthwhile screentime or they'll be held at the mercy of the plot as everyone falls for Yuu and his Gary Stuness as he goes on to save the day via Deus Ex Machina or take no punishment for having notable flaws that could harm others.
YuzurynAug 27, 2015 11:50 AM
Sep 4, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2014
It was so frustrating watching Mika hold on to Yu for so long, preventing him from saving his family. It may be true that the human's are deceptive with regards to what they're doing to Yu but his friends are not fake and he needs to protect them just as he needed to protect his family when he was a kid.

I was hoping that after going through that hideous transformation he would at least take out a single freaking noble but, of course, he didn't even kill a single vampire the entire time despite having insane agility and strength.
Sep 4, 2015 2:53 PM
May 2012
This Anime has so much potential. I mean, look at how cool Yuu looks......but this is happening *sigh*
Mika looks gay for Yuu, but hell it looks like he was right. Well, let's see how this will end.
Sep 12, 2015 3:25 PM

Sep 2012
This show has officially flown off the rails.

I don't even...
Oct 3, 2015 9:10 AM
May 2015
It was a funcking episode!
Oct 6, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
[quote=ZA_WAYD]
KuroYaksha said:

so its not exactly yaoi , i guess??

WTF are you talking about. The original source is the manga and it's not even remotely hinted to anything like that nor even that far material wise from where the anime ended.

It does get gayer though with..
Oct 13, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
ah, okay that was really interesting
i'm glad this story isn't just black and white
so human experimentation, huh? and they turn into demons like yuu.

i finally get why ppl call this fujoshi bait. the main pair is easily shippable. i ship it now, i think.

last ep here we goooo
Jan 2, 2016 11:23 PM

Jun 2015
Pacing was much better. The reunion made everything worth it. Felt really bad for both Mika and Yuu - Mika because he just wanted to save the only person he cares about, and Yuu because he was freaking out and had no idea what was going on. Great action, though it could have been animated better. Not a big deal, though. I really like how they did the "who is the real monster?" trope. It's overdone, but I get a real sense of truth in this take, and I genuinely don't know which side is in the wrong. Really great ep.
sasuke is sasugay
Jan 8, 2016 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
The whole berserk mode protagonist thing has been done to death, but it's still hella intense when done right. Definitely my favorite episode, it was so unsettling seeing the vampires digging into Yuu's comrades. By the looks of it, I'm guessing the monstrous force inside Yuu is an angel, maybe even a fallen angel judging by the form he took. But whatever it is, goes to show that the humans are probably the more brutal of the two parties in this war.

I know Mika went on and on about "YUU FILTHY HUMANS!", but it's understandable and it seems like he's been brainwashed with chapter black revelations of humanity's exploits. And once again, I'm giving it to OnS for execution, Shinoa hugging Yuu to save him would normally make me roll my eyes but it worked. I think it goes to show that among everyone else, she's the last person who truly humanizes him.
Feb 20, 2016 11:27 PM

Oct 2014
Wow what the fuck was that? Yuu has more mystery surrounding him it seems.

And Shinoa is definitely best girl
Mar 2, 2016 10:19 PM

Apr 2014
Guren shouldn't be alive after the beating and stabbing he received. Based on how the battle was unfolding, I'm astonished (not really) that none of the characters were killed.

It was obvious Guren had ulterior motives regarding Yuu, so it was nice to finally learn the nature of it. The angel of the end that shall render judgment and cleanse the world of sin XD

What was Mika's exit strategy had he been successful in coercing Yuu over to him? Even if he "rescued" him from the humans, he would then be at the mercy of the vampires and Mika himself is dependent on Krul's blood so both of them couldn't just simply run away somewhere. Also, to insist that Yuu be removed from his current life without any understanding or knowledge of his circumstances and experiences obviously would result in a refusal. It's not like Yuu could simply live an isolated life away from both other humans and vampires.
Mar 19, 2016 8:47 PM

Sep 2014
pretty disappointing.
May 1, 2016 7:11 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I didn't really see a big difference in power after they took the pills...??

xD Yuu endangering everyone again gg.. Yea Ik seeing your friend after 4 years is a shocker, but those seconds can cost you your teammates' lives.
May 25, 2016 8:29 PM

May 2013
I love Mika's character so much. He doesn't want Yu to soil his hands my killing a human even though he hates them so much for turning Yu into a monster Q___Q ily Mikaaaaaaa <3333333

On the other hand, I don't like Guren no mo'. He was okay before, but now he's just an asshole =____='

Shinya is badass though. His shoot reminds me of Ichimaru Gin though haha
Jun 9, 2016 9:54 AM
Mar 2015
I said this in the manga post and I'll say it again:

Was I the only one who had "One-Winged Angel" playing in his head when he saw Yuu transform?
Jun 21, 2016 12:29 PM

Feb 2013
Shinoa best girl.
Jun 25, 2016 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Damn it. I wanted Yuu and Mika to say fuck the war and start killing Ferid.

Why the fuck did Mika carry Yuu. Whatever happen to punching a guy in the stomach to knock him out then put him over your shoulder.

The 10 percent has awoken. One-Wing-treed human.

Wow. I have a different view on Guren now.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 5, 2016 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
It's awesome how this show is able put me into this dilemma. I'm not sure which side to root for. I'm guessing Yu is a product of human experimentation to become some sort of ultimate super weapon. Thing is, it's uncontrollable and he'd probably kill more humans than vampires.. We know how humans can be so greedy for power. And if what the vampires said in the first episode is true, then the humans are also the ones responsible for wiping out 9/10 of the population because of that man-made virus thingy. Vampires on the other hand are arrogant assholes who feed on human blood and treat them like livestock and kill them for fun. I think it's just a matter of choosing the lesser evil. I'm still with the humans here.
Sep 7, 2016 1:05 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
HOLY EPIC EPISODEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO GODLY !!!

Yu is 10% not human, and I can infer that

[spoiler]It is probably as they said Guren and the Hiiragi family human experimented on Yu when he was young after just rescued[/spoiled]
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2016 11:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great episode!!! The best in all the season!!!

And now Yuu transformed in a Blood´s Seraph!!!! Experimient Human?! Now he is strongest but he is descontroled!!!!
Dec 29, 2016 11:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great episode!!! The best in all the season!!!

And now Yuu transformed in a Blood´s Seraph!!!! Experimient Human?! Now he is strongest but he is descontroled!!!!
Jan 10, 2017 6:54 PM
Sep 2014
I wish Yuu would've listened to Mika and ran away with him, but seeing his new family/comrades being killed in front of him caused the monster inside him to emerge, proving Mika's words about the humans experimenting on him! Intense episode. This show only gets better~
"Crying doesn't mean you're weak. Enduring doesn't mean you're strong." - Hai to Gensou no Grimgar <3
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.