Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy animation.

My favorite part of the episode was the intensity of the first half. Seriously, it was very thrilling to see if Izana would survive or not. I found the transition between the camera shots in from her spacecraft's point of view to the outer world to be quite clever. Really neat stuff imo.

This was definitely a welcoming episode. Hoping they can keep up this momentum to the very end. Action in the second half was nice with Nagate and Tsugumi (a pissed off one if I may add). Damn it cliffhanger.
Jun 12, 2015 10:15 PM
May 2014
Felt like there was quite a bit of stalling with 1, the extended recap, and 2, drawing-out of various scenes. Regardless, it feels great to be back on track.

Nagate seemed genuinely pissed at Izana there at the beginning. Guess even someone as humble as him has his limit. Not a great last impression for your best friend who had been selected for a suicide mission. Still, it's nice that Izana's finally demonstrating her capabilities as a pilot. Quite refreshing to see her character gradually change not just physically but mentally.

Honestly, I was not expecting the return of Benisuzume. The ending of S1 made it seem certain that we would not be seeing the return of her. This is quite a pleasant- er, unpleasant surprise? Her new form is a thing of nightmares. It's beautiful. Tsumugi's gonna go all DBZ on her ass next week. Can't wait.

On the side note, good to see Freckles made it into S2.
Jun 13, 2015 5:03 AM

Nov 2009
Still waiting on subs like usual.
Fear is the mind killer.
Jun 13, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
Next episode Tsumigi vs Benisuzume it will be intense (hope so)
Jun 13, 2015 5:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Holy shit this episode was intense as fuck

But nevermind the great visuals and action scenes.....Benisuzume is back and she's looking so much like Hoshijiro....I can't imagine the things going through Tsumugi's mind right

Her fight with Tsumugi was already awesome in this episode but oh my goodness I can already see that round 2 is going to be hype as fuck....It's almost like she's fighting her own mother :(

Tanikaze must be feeling very conflicted right now
Jun 13, 2015 5:53 PM

May 2010
Holy shit..Benisuzume is back! This season has been pretty great sofar and im hyped for next weeks ep.
Jun 13, 2015 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
Was expecting Benisuzume to make its appearance in Planet NINE for some reason and 702 it is.

The sound director nailed it! This episode was almost perfect.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2015 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Benisuzume is back!!!

I can't wait to see the next episode where Tsumugi is going to fight against Benisuzume.
Jun 13, 2015 7:12 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Izana was pretty smart to avert the Gauna by sacrificing her fuel tanks. Well, at least she'll be safe for the time being.

Dat Benisuzume at the end doe! Still just as creepy and cute as ever! So looking forward to the fight between her and Tsumugi!

Good episode. Animation quality was particularly amazing during the actions scenes.

Jun 13, 2015 9:38 PM

Jan 2011
Oh shit, Benisuzume is back. Tsugumi is doomed.
Jun 13, 2015 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
finally getting back on track. This episode did a good job of escalating tension/drama.

best episode in a long time

Jun 13, 2015 11:29 PM

Feb 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
Oh shit, Benisuzume is back. Tsugumi is doomed.
Don't say that :(
Jun 14, 2015 12:52 AM

Sep 2012
God damn that music while Benisuzume appeared was kick ass.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 14, 2015 12:53 AM

Mar 2015
Oh damn that was one of the best episodes this season.
Looking forward to next week.
Jun 14, 2015 4:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Some changes from the manga, but I don't mind it at all. The sequences with Izana and her crew getting rid of the Gauna were spectacular.

I'm always repeating this in the Sidonia discussion threads, but whoever is the sound director of Sidonia deserves an award.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 14, 2015 6:46 AM

Nov 2010
Spectacular episode and not only actionwise
Izana showing her wits was awesome to see

I didn't expect Benisuzume still being around
Jun 14, 2015 7:19 AM

Mar 2014
arrazolavguille said:
Next episode Tsumigi vs Benisuzume it will be intense (hope so)

Yeah something to look forward to

Jun 14, 2015 7:53 AM

Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
Holy animation.

Finally my Sidonia is back. And I could have never hoped to get my Benisuzume back, this is best episode of the season.
Jun 14, 2015 8:16 AM

Aug 2010
Dat cliffhanger tho D:

Benisuzume is back <3 Gotta love her/it and that ominous laugh XD

TsumugixNagate is so cute :3 And Dat Tsugumori MkIII. Not a scratch after all that impact? DAMN!

U gotta admit Ochiai saved the day a bit :P And Isana's thinking was pretty smart too.

Nxt ep is HYPE!!
Jun 14, 2015 8:35 AM

Oct 2014
Of all the characters that I was expecting to make a return, I was definitely NOT expecting Benisuzume to return. That really caught me by surprise. And it seems that she's developed a protection system akin to Garra's sand from Naruto. This should be interesting.

Also, I must say that the CG in this anime looks absolutely spectacular. You can tell that a lot of time and effort went into Benisuzume this time around. I really like her more humanoid design look this time, too.

While I was one of the few people who actually legitimately enjoyed the romcom phase of this series, I'm glad to see the action return. This is certainly going to get intense.
Jun 14, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2013
holy moly that benisuzume model looked gorgous
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Jun 14, 2015 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
So. Damn. HYPED!!!!

Benisuzume's return wasn't as much of a surprise, but the manner in which they announced her arrival was Hype as Fack! Her new look, with the Hishijirou-like head, was unexpected, but man did they deliver on the wow factor.

The initial portion with Izana falling through the atmosphere all the way up to Tanikaze and Tsumugi's rescue mission was already had me on the edge of my seat, but to re-introduce Benesuzume like that... best episode this season!

A Gardes-sized Hoshijirou with 702 tattooed to her forehead..... <3

The return of Benisuzume

And just for good measure, Tsumugi's "Get away from my Tanikaze!" moment

Hyped for next Episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 14, 2015 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
23 replies and it's already been a day.
Fucking tastes, MAL users.

Planet Nine looks something out of a sci-fi.
Meanwhile, Benisuzume is being op asf.

rip tsumugi
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Jun 14, 2015 10:19 AM
May 2015
I need to get back to reading the manga after this.....Best Girl vs Best Girl.....
Jun 14, 2015 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
Fuuuck these next two eps are going to be insane. Benisuzume looks so sick! Tanikaze can't catch a break from Hoshijirou's death(me neither). His resolve is much stronger now but seeing the 702 like that is surely going to affect him.
Jun 14, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
Excuse me while I do a keyboard smash. God, this episode had me on my toes the entire time.

WAITING FOR NEXT WEEK WITH BAITED BREATH.
Jun 14, 2015 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
ah only 2 more ep's :CCCCCCCCCC can't wait for next episode though :3
Jun 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah okay I'm not even sure what they're changing from the manga anymore @_@
But hey who cares, it's still mostly faithful.

Anyway, the new Tsugumori made from that megastructure material is OP. They didn't really explain just how tough it is a few episodes ago when it was introduced, but long story short it will make the survival rate in missions close to 100%.

... You know, assuming they have enough resources to completely switch over to megastructure-enhanced gardes.

Episode felt a little dragged out tbh, but then again we got to hear more eargasmic sound effects. Next episode Tsumugi against her mother, Benisuzume, and Tanikaze vs. fodder gauna while he looks for the recon units, so it should have quite a bit of action. Maybe that's why they dragged stuff out this week, to avoid breaking the action between two episodes?

4/5
Jun 14, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
Holy sweet jesus, this season is just too good. Didn't expect to see Benisuzume reintroduced like that. BADASS! Tsumugi vs Benisuzume will be awesome.
Jun 14, 2015 4:18 PM
Mar 2014
Loved this episode! Great animation, sounds etc... and best part is Benisuzume is back! :D
Jun 14, 2015 6:05 PM

May 2012
I totally forgot about Benisuzume because of Tsumugi. Next episode will be intense.

TanukiKid said:
Honestly, I was not expecting the return of Benisuzume. The ending of S1 made it seem certain that we would not be seeing the return of her. This is quite a pleasant- er, unpleasant surprise? Her new form is a thing of nightmares. It's beautiful. Tsumugi's gonna go all DBZ on her ass next week. Can't wait.

What? They clearly showed that Benisuzume survived in S1. It was obvious she would come back at some point.
KaeUBWJun 14, 2015 6:20 PM
I despise woke people.
Jun 14, 2015 6:22 PM

Dec 2010
...really though that Izana was gonna die, that was so intense

...Benisuzume is back and she wants to part of Tanikaze Harem LOL
Jun 14, 2015 6:42 PM
May 2014
Kaetokiha said:

What? They clearly showed that Benisuzume survived in S1. It was obvious she would come back at some point.

Rewatched S1E12. Definitely seemed like she had disintegrated to me.
How it played out in the manga:
Jun 14, 2015 10:56 PM

Jun 2014
So to contuine from what i was saying last week.
OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

OOOHHHH SHITTTT

This is getting intense. I'm really worried Izana or Tsumugi is gonna die =[
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jun 14, 2015 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
Another EPIC episode!
Tsugumori MK III is a very tough prototype gardes. (with the help of Kunato, commander was able to grant them permission to TsuguIII & Tsumugi.
MKIII is really a tough gardes and the proof of it was crashing at a floating island at a very high without a single scratch.
Red Gauna Alert! it's the infamous Benisuzume and wow Tsumugi & Beni are on par in terms of speed and fighting capability.
5/5.

Jun 15, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2010
The next 2 episodes cover arguably some of the best parts of the entire series, cannot wait!! Epic episode is epic.
Jun 15, 2015 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
great episode. The sound team is probably the best ever. Finally it felt like Sidonia again.
What bothers me is that there are only 2 episodes left :/ Where is season 3??
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 15, 2015 9:29 AM
May 2014
Comander-07 said:
Where is season 3??

I believe season 2 covers up to 2/3 of the manga to date. S3 can happen and S2 is definitely leaning towards it but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Jun 15, 2015 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
Now that is what I called a Sidonia no Kishi episode. Holy shit! Benisuzume is back. Things are getting intense.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 15, 2015 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
oh shit she's back
Jun 15, 2015 5:00 PM

May 2011
For the placenta of God, finally! This season not nearly enough people died in the emptiness of deep outer space! I can't even remember when the last person died and that's not a good sign! I don't care about third-rate harem romance, give me more of the tragedy that is the struggle of human being!
Jun 15, 2015 5:57 PM

Oct 2011
Benizusume + OST gave me chills
Jun 15, 2015 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing can't wait for next ep.
Jun 15, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2008
4X_XR3Y said:
For the placenta of God, finally! This season not nearly enough people died in the emptiness of deep outer space! I can't even remember when the last person died and that's not a good sign! I don't care about third-rate harem romance, give me more of the tragedy that is the struggle of human being!

This.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 16, 2015 1:56 AM

Apr 2011
The animation was A+ this episode. Sound is out of this world, Im always amazed.

Benisuzume is back and she is against Tsumugi. The preview of their fight is intense.
Jun 17, 2015 12:24 AM

Jan 2013
Farabeuf said:
I'm always repeating this in the Sidonia discussion threads, but whoever is the sound director of Sidonia deserves an award.
Yeah they deserve it, the sound is one the things that makes this anime unique.
Jun 17, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
I hate this anime. I HATE THIS ANIME SO MUCH... Why cliffhanger AGAIN? ughhhhhhhhh
Well whatever, it just killing me... Why every episode of this anime seems like 5 minutes?

Omg this episode. The shit just got real.
THE ANIMATION this episode, AND SOUND (as always), holly molly O.O
Both animation director and especially sound director definitely deserves an award

I love how this anime manage to maintain all the mystery. Who the hell is that Benisizume? It scared shit out of me when it appeared with THAT ANIMATION and THAT SOUND

I really love how they reveal secrets about gauna bit by bit and never let it down. This episode was perfect in almost any aspect, not only action.

Well now let's endure another week...
TapuTapuuJun 17, 2015 3:34 PM
Jun 18, 2015 11:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Now that's what you call a cliffhanger :3
Jun 19, 2015 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
Superb! This episode is not short on surprises, although in the narrative are being proposed contexts a little obvious at times. However the story is engaging and rushes without one noticing the time. Expected that there should be a third season for this TV series, as we are entering the central part of the story. Benisuzume welcome back, I felt your absence and I was stunned when she appeared in the story. Good screenplay, soundtrack well tuned to the narrative; The start was a little surprising because I thought the last time that Isana was attacked by Gauna he also, instead she is unharmed and manages to land on the planet nine. Too bad not having spent more time in the first phase, it is somewhat skimped on the scene in favor of what he was after, although I recognize the validity of the entry into the scene of Benisuzume.
Jun 21, 2015 3:22 AM

Apr 2013
This animation, visuals and dem sound effects *o*
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

163 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 10:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.