Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2015 6:41 AM

Jan 2011
Yuki's trying her hardest.
Jul 10, 2015 10:23 PM

Mar 2012
Need Haruhi
Jul 22, 2015 4:52 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this sure brings me back to the original series! Damn this atmosphere <3
Aug 2, 2015 8:32 AM
Sep 2013
Its amusing seeing how everyone in this thread is convinced that Nagato is now Disappearance!Nagato, but here I am thinking that she totally has Acute stress disorder. Her reactions are pretty like how people react to traumatic experiences.
Aug 8, 2015 11:20 AM

Oct 2013
Two episodes in and this arc is already starting to cross the line that divides "suffocating and melancholic" and straight up dull. Not a bad episode, but I hope it gets a little more lively soon.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 8, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2014
It's kinda like what Asakura said, I want the old Nagato back but I'm also starting to like this new one.
Aug 9, 2015 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
Yuki imitating herself from before was eerie and creepy af to me. o_O But yeah, decent but slow episode; hope things pick up soon.
Sep 9, 2015 12:23 PM
Jun 2012
Glad the music is getting some love here in the forums. This soundtrack is stellar. Superlative, even.
Sep 19, 2015 6:16 AM

Apr 2013
I actually ditched this series at episode 7 because it just wasn't interesting enough; there was no plot and it was character-driven. I'm not particularly fond of those types of shows, but when it's done well, I stick with it. In this case, the characters were so bland and uninteresting and just down-right generic that I couldn't stomach anymore. I chuckled at a few jokes, but that was about it. I wasn't enjoying it at all. The only reason I kept watching it was because I was hoping that the author would make use of the plot point that started this whole manga idea in the first place - when Kyon has to make the decision between which world he wants to be in, I was hoping they were going to bring that up and make an interesting and compelling plot out of it. Unfortunately, I didn't think that was going to happen, so I left it there. Figured it was as frivolous as watching 'Bikini Warriors!'

Thank god GRArkada posted a review and I decided that I'd watch it even though I wasn't really interested in his content at this time. That series of coincidences brought me back to this show, and the only reason I came back is because when he mentioned that Kyon returns to his snarky self, that could also mean that there was hope for Nagato. I'm actually starting to like this arc a lot now, and I'm hoping that this will add a lot more depth to these characters.

Of course, that's just a feeble hope, and I'm probably setting myself up for some disappointment, but what the hell.
Oct 17, 2015 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Hikarun said:
Another moody episode! I loved it!
Didn't anyone find this kinda disturbing, though? xD
Fueeee~~

lol @ how she can do that while remaining expressionless

at least this nagato is also capable of a little emotion (blushing, feeling shy etc)

feels like she can finally carry the show on her own without haruhi kind of :p
Dec 24, 2015 2:21 AM
Jun 2010
What the music playing at 18:21 - 20:11? I'm don't find it in official OST. Please, help to find it.
Jan 2, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2009
When I first read the title of the series I thought that Nagato would really disappear, like in the Haruhi movie. Now I see what they are referring to. Have to say I'm not very impressed with how things are going. Also, what's with that teacher. Is it only me but when I first saw her, I though she was a student :D Could have done a better job with that
Jan 20, 2016 4:45 AM
Mar 2012
Yuki pov recap kinda cool, but reminded me of the dreaded endless 8.
"Ahhh~~~!" aww that was both so funny & disturbing.
Liked them bringing back the real Melancholy with the deliberate pacing, nice osts, while Yuki has a vicarious existential crisis. Yet there's still a bit comedy.
Feb 4, 2016 2:37 AM
May 2013
I can't believe it took me 10 episodes to realize Shamisen is missing :|
Feb 25, 2016 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
Glad we get to see Yuki be able to carry the show without Haruhi.
Wonder what this will lead up to.
Jul 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
This could've been better if it didn't advertise itself as a slice of life with cute Nagato. I mean, this is not what I signed up for. The current developments are interesting, but I still hope we'll get the old Nagato from ep. 1 and Kyon together. If not, I'm going to flip from the prude Japanese society that can't even portray a normal relationship. Are kissing and hand-holding a taboo topic there? I'm getting tired of that crap.
Nov 16, 2017 12:28 PM

Mar 2016
I just have so many problems with this show.

I didnt notice until last episode, but the background music is incredibly intrusive. There are some scenes, like Yuki and Ryoko eating dinner or Yuki walking alone, that could benefit without the annoying instrumental in the background. It's like it's overcompensating for the lack of emotional depth in these scenes when it doesn't have to try hard at all. Sometimes a little less does a lot.

Also, ever since Yuki changed her personality, there's been these extremely long and irritating scenes spotlighting Ryoko when all I'm really interested in is Yuki. Especially now that she's more interesting than she's ever been all season. I mean, this is the perfect opportunity to explore the depths of her character even further and that potential analysis is wasted on conjuring up more psuedo maternal drivel from Ryoko's endless basin of invasive psychopathy. Ryoko is the most irritating character on this show because she tries so hard to be the "MOM" that nobody asked for. Maybe the original Yuki was so pathetic because she had Ryoko babying her the whole time never allowing her room to make her own mistakes and find her own solutions. You can't solve everyone's problems and she even stated this in one of the earlier episodes, yet she goes to the GREATEST lengths to pacify Yuki's ineptitude and "PROTECT" her from any possible thing that could go wrong.

That's why I'm glad Yuki got hit with the car. Although I wish it was Ryoko. In that nice scene with the train transition, I was hoping Ryoko would get hit too and obtain her original characteristics that made her interesting and intimidating.

Right now, she's honestly one of the worst anime characters I have ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2018 8:28 PM

Nov 2013
Nagato is just boring. Need more Haruhi and Tsuruya.
Nov 19, 2020 7:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh man, even the hospital didn't understand the situations behind the dissapearance of the old Nagato Yuki-chan. Those Yuki's perspective at the first sequence was just great, remembering much from the main series one. Its like that she was realized whats goin on. But having a difficulty too to adapt her 'new lives'. She even felt scare being alone and left by her current friends about her transformation that looks like really being posessed. Well, at least, she had a guts to tell the truth. So, it might clear some confusion among Asakura and her, then Kyon later. So, its nice that they were still being kind and actively help those new brand Yuki. Kyon interaction was in my highlight. His thing was just in between dumb and funny toward Yuki, and his promise to the library, damn. Could it be the other trigger that can changed Yuki to the old one again? Well, no clue. Even though i felt Asakura having a little troublesome to adapt too, i believe there must be some way to solved those confusing situations. So, lets see how those thing end. Or was that no end to the changes?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 2, 2021 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
Yuki hasn't returned to normal yet, but she was quite happy to hear Kyon invite her to go to the library.

Mar 17, 2023 12:28 PM

Nov 2010
This robotic version of Nagato is a bit more interesting than the regular one. She's not as annoying with her shyness and indecisiveness, at least.
Sep 19, 2023 2:15 AM

Dec 2020
So not sure what happened still. But what if it was the other nagato from the main universe but since this one has no "powers" that means she's not an alien she just got the personality shift.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.