Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2015 9:43 PM

Nov 2007
Gotta give it to an average show. Two more episodes for them to make me want to watch the second season. Because at this rate, I have no intention to find out what happens next.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 7, 2015 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
My, oh my. That's one messy episode. The action scenes were so bad(it's just still pictures), the writing was just as bad(yet another flashback to tell us about . . . something that we already knew. It's just a waste), some awkward scenes without any BGM, & so many more bad things. This anime is just getting worse. I am sorry, but I have had enough of this. The 1st episode was definitely not the representation of this anime show as a whole, because it was really good.
Pat_To_Do-ListJun 7, 2015 10:43 PM
I like anime.
Jun 7, 2015 10:26 PM

Feb 2013
mrdkreka said:

Okay I give up, please tell me what makes this show worth watching?

Vampires and gay ships
Jun 7, 2015 11:24 PM

May 2012
Wow! And now, the supposedly Episode 10 Discussion has become the Whole Series Discussion with all those hates, complains coming from.

Can we just all go with the already created discussion? " Why so much hate ?" rather than saying how much you think this series sucks in an episode discussion?

Just saying.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Jun 7, 2015 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
zilch16 said:
Wow! And now, the supposedly Episode 10 Discussion has become the Whole Series Discussion with all those hates, complains coming from.

Can we just all go with the already created discussion? " Why so much hate ?" rather than saying how much you think this series sucks in an episode discussion?

Just saying.

Be patient. That's simply the fate of an anime with this quality.
I like anime.
Jun 7, 2015 11:41 PM

Apr 2013
zilch16 said:
All I see are complain about the still frame animation...

I really can't understand people why they are so much complaining at a scene that didn't even last long for 30 seconds. All you see are the bad side of the anime.

Oh well, i forgot that most of you are the same people who hate those other new shows as well~

Maybe, i am wrong in coming here. It is not MAL (My Anime List) but MCL (My Complaining List).
calm down fanboy, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Jun 7, 2015 11:41 PM

Sep 2014
Arashi_ said:
zilch16 said:

I really can't understand people why they are so much complaining at a scene that didn't even last long for 30 seconds. All you see are the bad side of the anime.

Oh well, i forgot that most of you are the same people who hate those other new shows as well~

Maybe, i am wrong in coming here. It is not MAL (My Anime List) but MCL (My Complaining List).

Cause most people on MAL think they're superior and they will have better taste than other people if they complain about everything in these anime and praise how masterpiece LOGH is. You should just ignore them like I'm doing.

Arashi, I found you :D

TheCorruptedOne said:
Stab first, ask questions later.

On another note, after all that talk, Guren is just as idiotic as Yu... At least the OP vampires set him straight.

He's actually really smart, tho...
Inugirlz said:
mira-nyan said:

He's not. He's just going along to save Yu.

Yet he's still fighting along side them by helping them get rid of the human army.

He has a reason to hate humans. But he also hates vampires.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 7, 2015 11:43 PM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:

TheCorruptedOne said:
Stab first, ask questions later.

On another note, after all that talk, Guren is just as idiotic as Yu... At least the OP vampires set him straight.

o rly?

I mean fuck, he didn't even know he got stabbed in the heart until I told him about it.
Jun 7, 2015 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
mira-nyan said:

o rly?

I mean fuck, he didn't even know he got stabbed in the heart until I told him about it.

Obviously I have taken control over him :^)
Jun 7, 2015 11:50 PM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
fst said:

o rly?

You need to take better care of him

I mean, he hasn't even read the manga, what a filthy secondary, I don't see how you can allow that
Jun 7, 2015 11:55 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:
mira-nyan said:

I mean, he hasn't even read the manga, what a filthy secondary, I don't see how you can allow that

He doesn't talk to me often D=
Jun 7, 2015 11:57 PM

Mar 2013
mira-nyan said:
fst said:

He doesn't talk to me often D=

Well I wonder whose fault that is
Jun 7, 2015 11:58 PM

Sep 2014
fst said:

Well I wonder whose fault that is

Would totally continue, but Tyrel.
Jun 8, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
WHAT?! Is Guren going to die? That was straight in his heart O.O
That is too early, I wouldn't expected him to die this early :

And THAT ENDING is just killing me. The long waited reunion.
Jun 8, 2015 12:23 AM

May 2012
Sourire said:
zilch16 said:

calm down fanboy, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

with their opinion without the words sh*t and garbage. I might accept that kind of opinion though... And anyway, I am not a fanboy but a fangirl. XD
Jun 8, 2015 12:25 AM

May 2014
Oh the haters. This is the reason why MAL episode discussion is like a tornado, but worse. Everything that isn't my cup of tea (which mean anything that isn't seinen/josei) sucks. Only talk about the flaw to make it looks shit. If this show is trying too hard to be edgy, than those haters are trying harder to look mature and edgy. And more cringeworthy. Hating on the popular shounen show doesn't make you any more mature, really. Sometimes we need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

And also, to not go off topic, FINALLY! Yuu and Mika's reunion!!!

Jun 8, 2015 12:28 AM

May 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
zilch16 said:

Just saying.

Be patient. That's simply the fate of an anime with this quality.

*sigh* Do I have to say it every time we talk about this anime?! This anime is not your cup of tea.

Jun 8, 2015 12:30 AM

May 2012
Chuunichan said:
Oh the haters. This is the reason why MAL episode discussion is like a tornado, but worse. Everything that isn't my cup of tea (which mean anything that isn't seinen/josei) sucks. Only talk about the flaw to make it looks shit. If this show is trying too hard to be edgy, than those haters are trying harder to look mature and edgy. And more cringeworthy. Hating on the popular shounen show doesn't make you any more mature, really. Sometimes we need to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

well, I can agree that those still really is the center of discussion this episode. And well, what we will expect in MAL. This is why most people didn't go here since every anime discussion won't loose this kind of storm. Obviously, this is the name that curves within the MAL.

One of the outrageous and crazy discussion thread. And mostly all haters are lurking ^_^

But it really funny how there is a certain forum here: namely " Third Episode, i'm calling it ", but we can still see some who are still joining the onwards discussion.

It is not bad to discuss an anime in a good or bad way. If that is your opinion and thoughts. But clearly going into each discussion saying I'll drop it and still will be commenting on the next episode discussion is clearly outrageous. It is more like people do watch the anime and then just loving to come here afterwards to bash it. That is my own opinion and survey within this past 10 weeks.
zilch16Jun 8, 2015 12:35 AM
Jun 8, 2015 12:34 AM

May 2014
zilch16 said:
Chuunichan said:

well, I can agree that those still really is the center of discussion this episode. And well, what we will expect in MAL. This is why most people didn't go here since every anime discussion won't loose this kind of storm. Obviously, this is the name that curves within the MAL.

One of the outrageous and crazy discussion thread. And mostly all haters are lurking ^_^

GAH!!! I fucking agree with you!!! But the worst part for us fan is how the haters aren't just the more vocal one, but they also constantly shoving their opinion to our throat. I hate it when they constantly insisting that it's bad because they say so. Mature people my ass.

Jun 8, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2012
Chuunichan said:
zilch16 said:

GAH!!! I fucking agree with you!!! But the worst part for us fan is how the haters aren't just the more vocal one, but they also constantly shoving their opinion to our throat. I hate it when they constantly insisting that it's bad because they say so. Mature people my ass.

Well, in some way i do loving how they make this anime getting more threads. This way, some are being curious from all the comments they see and started watching it. Some really drop it but there are also who started loving it. Just like you said. It is really depends if this is your cup of tea or not.
Jun 8, 2015 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
[quote=mrdkreka]
L-Ryoshi said:

Hrm.... the Story, the Characters and the awesome OP and ED songs? XD

Ed is very forgetful and medicore at very best. The OP have a nice song but the visual was pretty meh, and it was quite spoilorish.

Name any character from the show that is well written? The only endurable character in the show is Shinoa, and that is not enough to drive the show, because she is also restarted like every character in this show. The story have done nothing well or original, heck it is filled with plotholes that can't be explained later.

Lets take the most stupid one, since it is being used CONSTANTLY to create tension in the show. Teamwork, why the hell does they not receive ANY team training, if it is so frigging important. It isn't just for creating tension, Shinoa and the tsundere constantly talk about how important it is, but that is all they do(no action to fix it). And there are a lot of bs stuff such as this, this was just the most annoying one.

So don't just say the word explain the reason why you can say it is worth watching for the story and the Characters. I feel like everyone who say they like this show are just trolling, since I can't get any explanation why it is good. I try to give every work a chance, this is why I want to know if I'm missing something that can enrich my experience while watching.

The only thing bad about it all is that the animation for the fight scenes are unbearably slow and that the characters talk way too much DURING the fights. Apart from that I'm willing to forgive the jerky animated movements for moments that are either filler or don't matter as much (like the Corporal walking the kids to the vehicle from last episode).
Do you think my question is a joke? You can't say only, and then afterwards mention even more they did terrible, the filler served zero purpose, and was not worth watching for any reason.

Not to say that this anime is inferior to the manga (it is, in some aspects), but I've endured worse, and still managed to soldier through those series in their entirety. The plot for this show is good enough that I have hopes that they can still improve on this. They still have over 12+ episodes left after all.

Okay you have been very contradicting in your comment, but this have piqued my interest, what show have a bad enough plot that it isn't worth watching?

Woah, take a chill pill, mate. You sound like you need a Snickers bar or something.

Not sure about your own personal opinion, but I've seen enough praise on these forums to know that I'm not alone in appreciating the OP and ED. And just because the OP spoils viewers by, what showing Mika was alive after they "killed" for two episodes(?), makes it a bad song? I think you might have to reevaluate how you appreciate music, mate. Yamada and the 7 witches showed all 7 witches in their OP before introducing them one by one, Shokugeki Soma also showed scenes in the OP that won't appear until a couple more episodes in (that means past Episode 10) as well. Does that make them bad songs? I think not.

Yuu and his team were rushed into action because of an impending Vampire attack. It's not like they had months and years on end to practice and prepare for an invasion (they wish). Everything is happening within a very short timeframe. I don't see what there is to complain about, besides the skipping of their first battle (which, if you read the manga, did showcase their teamwork).

And please elaborate on your "more BS stuff", because somehow it seems like every complaint I've seen on the characters thus far revolves around Yuu's attitude and not what you've been mentioning. That said, his character has been improving of late.

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread about how interesting the plot is, with all the geo-political infighting both within the Vampires' camp and the Imperial Japanese Army. Thing is, we haven't yet arrived at that portion of the story yet. The fight (NOT the fight SCENES, mind you) with the Vampires is also interesting in the manga, because essentially it's a case of 2 noble vampires against a whole company of humans, and the humans would still be on the losing side. The tactics which they use in the series make for an interesting read. I can only lament how little those things have yet been translated onto the small screen thus far, but as I said I have high hopes things can still change for the better.

As for being contradicting. All I said was that I've seen worse in terms of plot and still managed to finish those shows.

If you really want to torture yourself with ridiculous, I suggest you try the following:

Personally I don't see how my views are any more contradictory than those shows that you gave 3s and 4s to, and yet still managed to complete.

But anyway mate, I've explained my part, pray do explain what you hate so much about the Characters and the Plot.

Having read the manga and knowing how good this story can be, I am optimistic that issues they have can and will be addressed come next cour (it's too late for the current one). I don't see an issue with the plot nor the characters thus far, and I also do enjoy the OP and ED, but that's my opinion.
L-RyoshiJun 8, 2015 12:45 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 8, 2015 1:09 AM

May 2013
That ending just made me forget what happened in the first half. Oh shit. It's about to go down.
Jun 8, 2015 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Chuunichan said:
*sigh* Do I have to say it every time we talk about this anime?! This anime is not your cup of tea.

No, you do not have to.
Well, based on the atmosphere, the synopsis, the genre, & the theme, this anime is my cup of tea. Unfortunately, it's not executed well enough for me. That's all. If only this anime show could maintain the quality of the 1st episode in term of writing, directing, etc., I would enjoy this anime show. No doubt.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 2:32 AM
Nov 2013
KokoroYuudai said:
k im gonna say it. this is horrible. i love the story and read the manga, but wtf.

this episode was horrible l, so was last. the Anime cant seem to place its bgms correctly leaving akward silence in fights. while that may work sometimes l, its n out working here. and the fucking still frames annoy me to no end. seriously, we never even actually see a real war beteeen human and vampire. just one person doing something thrn mov3 on to the next frame. plus the deafening silence kills the feeling that this is war. MOST OF THEM DISSAPPEAR HALFWAY THROUGH THE EPISODE. LIKE WTF. its not even fighting half
of the time. its just more horrible character development scenes of yu and hus friends over and over and bunch of gloating and ego fluxes.

and whats up withwith fucking sound effects. i didnt know clashing swords make those boom sounds. wtf.

we need a fight like shinoa vs yu in ep 2. that was fluid, exciting with orgasmic animation and great coreagraphy. now we have stiff, akward silence fights. this adaption has really let me down.

It is not like they actually draw that fights well in the manga, they are not shown as much as in anime

I don't really get the complain about the still frame, i think Mika vs Guren is fine, so does Kimizuki and others fights in central park, If the one people complain is the vampires army vs the human army, it is not easily to animate so much movements together, that is why you either get that still or horrible CG like Arslan, i don't really bother with them fighting fodders with still frame we gets so many scene of them fighting fodders already, why would they spend budget on that. and if you want to see more of Guren's team fights the vampires fodder, they didn't even draw their fights in the manga.

I think this episode is pretty good, one of best three episodes of this show so far.
Jun 8, 2015 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
Oh God! This show really has no budget at all does it? It was so obvious they had no budget to animate the fights and they tried everything to get around it, lol.

-BTW did you hear that Guren is currently in a bloody life or death battle? Should we run there immediately and help?
-No lets just walk slowly around the camp while talking and maybe we can even overhear shit. No need to hurry at all.
LATER:
-Great we found our friends. Btw we were suppose to be helping that Guren guy that as i mentioned some time ago his in a life or death battle. So NOW should we hurry?
-Nope. Let's just have a slow chat with the other guys of our group we just found. No need to hurry at all.
LATER:
-Finally we are here. OH SHIT! Guren is about to get stabbed! If only we were here a minute or two earlier.
-Yeah go figure is not like we were wasting time by chatting and walking slowly around our camp and shit. Weird huh? Oh wait a minute... Btw arrow guy should you use that long range fucking thing you got(it's chopper case all over again) for something? I don't know like shooting at the guy that is about to stab Guren since we won't be able to get there in time despite not delaying at all(just saying)?
-No, didn't you realize from the previous episode that i left the choppers shoot at you a tone of times before i did anything that i just don't do such shit? Let him get stab at least once and we will see.
-O_O ok then...

Chuunichan said:

You people are full of shit. You just don't want to hear any bad criticism for your little love animu.
No one is trying to be edgy here. This is from the times that 90% of criticisms are very valid. The problems they say this show has are clearly there.
Try to at least have half the brain to realize when people are being obnoxious against a popular show and when they make valid criticisms. If you can't find that balance and you ether criticize everything or you just hate hearing criticism about everything then you are out of touch.
And this show is very much our cub of tea. That is what is making it more annoying that is being so badly made. When i starter i was like "Vampires vs Demon weapon wielding humans in a destroyed world? FUCK YEAH!" But after seeing all the hopes i had being animated and directed so badly i am like "WTF is this shit?!"
MonadJun 8, 2015 2:44 AM
Jun 8, 2015 2:47 AM

Dec 2012
Takeoff31 said:
I don't really get the complain about the still frame, i think Mika vs Guren is fine, so does Kimizuki and others fights in central park, If the one people complain is the vampires army vs the human army, it is not easily to animate so much movements together, that is why you either get that still or horrible CG like Arslan, i don't really bother with them fighting fodders with still frame we gets so many scene of them fighting fodders already, why would they spend budget on that. and if you want to see more of Guren's team fights the vampires fodder, they didn't even draw their fights in the manga.

Not easy, but achievable.
While I agree the CGI in Arslan was bad, at least they managed to capture the atmosphere of the war & how colossal it was. But here, not even close. And actually, for a clash between two groups of elites from humans & vampires, it was really quiet.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 3:04 AM

May 2012
Just like we repeatedly said. The lack of animation is really not always lack of budget. if you could say, WIT has a lot of it since until now, they are still gaining some glory from SnK. What lack here is an enough of time to make a better animation. We knows that animators has this freaking deadlines to finished an episode on before it airs.

But if some of you don't know, watch Shirobako and you can understand that the reality is not really that of a fantastic one.
Jun 8, 2015 3:05 AM

Jun 2008
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Takeoff31 said:

While I agree the CGI in Arslan was bad, at least they managed to capture the atmosphere of the war & how colossal it was. But here, not even close. And actually, for a clash between two groups of elites from humans & vampires, it was really quiet.

I have seen a lot worse CG than that. There not being used much when it matter really so they are fine. And the few fight scenes were a ton of times better than this show ether because of good directing or better animation. Sorry but the two shows aren't even comparable in quality. Arslan steps over this like an ant.
Jun 8, 2015 3:06 AM
Nov 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Takeoff31 said:

Actually only Guren's fight scenes that matters, because even in the manga they didn't draw the fight of rest of Guren's team, at least they showed some frames in the anime, that is why i have no problem with that.
Jun 8, 2015 3:10 AM

Jun 2008
Takeoff31 said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Actually only Guren's fight scenes that matters, because even in the manga they didn't draw the fight of rest of Guren's team, at least they showed some frames in the anime, that is why i have no problem with that.

It doesn't matter what the manga did. The manga is still pictures anyway. It can't show you every little movement. Few manga manage to capture fighting scenes movements very well. You expect the animation company to give life to it and enhance it. That's what a good studio and director does. They made the opposite. They make you want to prefer the manga because at least the suffering will be less since it's not an animated medium butchering everything.
Jun 8, 2015 3:14 AM

May 2012
Monad said:
Oh God! This show really has no budget at all does it? It was so obvious they had no budget to animate the fights and they tried everything to get around it, lol.

-BTW did you hear that Guren is currently in a bloody life or death battle? Should we run there immediately and help?
-No lets just walk slowly around the camp while talking and maybe we can even overhear shit. No need to hurry at all.
LATER:
-Great we found our friends. Btw we were suppose to be helping that Guren guy that as i mentioned some time ago his in a life or death battle. So NOW should we hurry?
-Nope. Let's just have a slow chat with the other guys of our group we just found. No need to hurry at all.
LATER:
-Finally we are here. OH SHIT! Guren is about to get stabbed! If only we were here a minute or two earlier.
-Yeah go figure is not like we were wasting time by chatting and walking slowly around our camp and shit. Weird huh? Oh wait a minute... Btw arrow guy should you use that long range fucking thing you got(it's chopper case all over again) for something? I don't know like shooting at the guy that is about to stab Guren since we won't be able to get there in time despite not delaying at all(just saying)?
-No, didn't you realize from the previous episode that i left the choppers shoot at you a tone of times before i did anything that i just don't do such shit? Let him get stab at least once and we will see.
-O_O ok then...

Chuunichan said:

You people are full of shit. You just don't want to hear any bad criticism for your little love animu.
No one is trying to be edgy here. This is from the times that 90% of criticisms are very valid. The problems they say this show has are clearly there.
Try to at least have half the brain to realize when people are being obnoxious against a popular show and when they make valid criticisms. If you can't find that balance and you ether criticize everything or you just hate hearing criticism about everything then you are out of touch.
And this show is very much our cub of tea. That is what is making it more annoying that is being so badly made. When i starter i was like "Vampires vs Demon weapon wielding humans in a destroyed world? FUCK YEAH!" But after seeing all the hopes i had being animated and directed so badly i am like "WTF is this shit?!"

I can quite agree that filler in Yu's part is not that a good one but I think it is really more annoying if after what they've done in the last episode (which is being separated in the tunnel) will not be shown and just like, woah! They are all running together going to rescue Guren or back him up. I bet the discussion here right now would be. Hell, how did they get there together. Or, what the hell happened to the one they saved?

And about the fans that doesn't want to hear some bad criticism and have half of their brain to realize other people. We accept criticism, a VALID AND JUSTICABLE criticism. But as of far, what we mostly see are people saying nothing but, " This anime/episode is garbage." or the episode is full of "sh*t". I think it is way better to criticize a show how good or bad it is in a proper manner without using those kind of words. If they are angry, so be it but just keep those words to yourself or to a far away that we who like this series can't be badly hurt.

That is also just my thoughts. And please, if someone will try to bash me again like before and will say that I am just nothing but a fan girl and like a cult person. Stop it. I also do have the right to say mine just like how you do yours. Though, I am doing mine in a proper manner.
Jun 8, 2015 3:14 AM

Jun 2008
zilch16 said:
Just like we repeatedly said. The lack of animation is really not always lack of budget. if you could say, WIT has a lot of it since until now, they are still gaining some glory from SnK. What lack here is an enough of time to make a better animation. We knows that animators has this freaking deadlines to finished an episode on before it airs.

But if some of you don't know, watch Shirobako and you can understand that the reality is not really that of a fantastic one.

So they have money but can't use them because they don't have time? Same shit really. It makes no difference. Also is not just the lack of decent animation. Is also the lack of good directing. I have seen low budget shows trying to make fight scenes with not very expensive animation and if the director is smart even if what he can do is mostly stills then he knows what stills he can use and in what way to make the experience decent. This is not happening in this show.
Jun 8, 2015 3:22 AM

May 2012
Monad said:
zilch16 said:

So they have money but can't use them because they don't have time? Same shit really. It makes no difference. Also is not just the lack of decent animation. Is also the lack of good directing. I have seen low budget shows trying to make fight scenes with not very expensive animation and if the director is smart even if what he can do is mostly stills then he knows what stills he can use and in what way to make the experience decent. This is not happening in this show.

What is actually wrong in the direction? (except the filler parts). We all know that this anime is just following the manga. I know that the still frames are quite bad. But why we really just look this episode to a part where didn't really last for a minute? It's more like we criticize this show for just a bad directing at the part where didn't even past a minute at all.
Jun 8, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
zilch16 said:

Just saying.

Go somewhere else if you can't handle the criticism.
Jun 8, 2015 3:34 AM
Nov 2013
Monad said:
Takeoff31 said:

It doesn't matter what the manga did. The manga is still pictures anyway. It can't show you every little movement. Few manga manage to capture fighting scenes movements very well. You expect the animation company to give life to it and enhance it. That's what a good studio and director does. They made the opposite. They make you want to prefer the manga because at least the suffering will be less since it's not an animated medium butchering everything.

The problem is the priority and time, they clearly prioritize to animated the scenes that matter, they spend more efforts and times for that, meanwhile the ones that do not matter don't get as much of treatment since even the original source didn't even draw them, it is lucky they even add some frames for that, the anime didn't butcher anything.
Takeoff31Jun 8, 2015 3:49 AM
Jun 8, 2015 3:43 AM

May 2014
Monad said:

LATER:
LATER:
-O_O ok then...

Chuunichan said:

I'm sorry, but I'm nothing like what you think. What I mean is to stop being obnoxious about your opinions. All the haters here are more annoying than the fans!

Jun 8, 2015 3:47 AM

May 2012
Well, this might be the last post I will made since people can't seem to understand our fans reasoning as we are trying our hardest to understand those who criticize.

But I will just say that mostly in Japan, animation quality isn't the most prioritize but the story plot itself. They are watching on TV so the viewers really doesn't that much cared about the animation quality. We are just mostly watching in the net, so why do we have to butch over a series that originally shown in the TV. Why don't we just enjoy watching the series since at least we can watch it free?

Well, not that I care anymore. As far as I know (thanks for my friend from japan), OnS is quite appreciated there [Greatly appreciated], unlike us who just watches it free but still can't appreciate the series.

And sorry for the lack of budget you said. If you said that I am just nothing but protecting the anime I love. Sorry but I can understand what those animators going on (As I am 4 years studying animation now). And I will really said that the quality of animation is not just the lack of budget bt greatly in lack of time (already said it for almost 4x).

Ok, gotta leave now. Since no one really cares about anything we fans says.
zilch16Jun 8, 2015 3:50 AM
Jun 8, 2015 4:21 AM

May 2014
zilch16 said:
Well, this might be the last post I will made since people can't seem to understand our fans reasoning as we are trying our hardest to understand those who criticize.

But I will just say that mostly in Japan, animation quality isn't the most prioritize but the story plot itself. They are watching on TV so the viewers really doesn't that much cared about the animation quality. We are just mostly watching in the net, so why do we have to butch over a series that originally shown in the TV. Why don't we just enjoy watching the series since at least we can watch it free?

Well, not that I care anymore. As far as I know (thanks for my friend from japan), OnS is quite appreciated there [Greatly appreciated], unlike us who just watches it free but still can't appreciate the series.

And sorry for the lack of budget you said. If you said that I am just nothing but protecting the anime I love. Sorry but I can understand what those animators going on (As I am 4 years studying animation now). And I will really said that the quality of animation is not just the lack of budget bt greatly in lack of time (already said it for almost 4x).

Agree with you. That is perhaps the reason why so many anime got a 'quality upgrade' upon BD release. And again

Jun 8, 2015 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
Monad said:
I have seen a lot worse CG than that. There not being used much when it matter really so they are fine. And the few fight scenes were a ton of times better than this show ether because of good directing or better animation. Sorry but the two shows aren't even comparable in quality. Arslan steps over this like an ant.

Indeed, there are worse CGI out there. But still, the CGI in Arslan clearly not good. Especially in the 1st episode where the CGI soldiers chasing down the blonde servant.

Monad said:

Spot on.

Takeoff31 said:
The problem is the priority and time, they clearly prioritize to animated the scenes that matter, they spend more efforts and times for that, meanwhile the ones that do not matter don't get as much of treatment since even the original source didn't even draw them, it is lucky they even add some frames for that, the anime didn't butcher anything.

I understand that, but that's not an excuse for a badly directed scenes. If they really did not want to prioritize/animate those scenes, then they could have done them better. e.g. Just show the fight scenes from far away & animate those fights with CGI. I am sure it would not be noticeable, just like the 1st episode where they used CGI(a pretty good CGI I must say. It was barely noticeable) for the crowd.
The problem here I think was not the animators, it's more of the director. And I am even surprised this episode was badly directed considering how well done the direction of the 1st episode.

Chuunichan said:
I'm sorry, but I'm nothing like what you think. What I mean is to stop being obnoxious about your opinions. All the haters here are more annoying than the fans!

It's not about hating or liking, haters or fans, it's about how you articulate your opinion. Some fans are really impolite, so are some of the critics. As simple as that.
And it's normal that you think the critics are annoying, because they're criticizing something that you love/near & dear to your heart. And you cannot say the critics are more annoying than the fans when you are clearly saying that from a fan perspective.

zilch16 said:

The critics here are not only criticizing the animation, but also the writing. Please do not be ignorant.
Okay, watching this for free & criticizing this anime show are two whole different things. When you get something for free, does that mean you do not have the right to criticize that thing?
Alright then. Goodbye.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 4:47 AM

Jun 2008
Takeoff31 said:
Monad said:

Facepalm. What scenes that matter. WTF are you talking about? The fighting was awful the other scenes were awful too. Have you even seen other anime?

zilch16 said:

How to you expect anyone to understand when you when you make no sense?
What getting to watch it for free has anything to do with it? Not paying for it doesn't make it magically good and it has no connection on whether a studio made a good work with something or not.
You talk about the plot and story. First that's ridiculous because that is from the weakest links of this show. The story never seemed very well presented so the only thing this show has really going for it is the conflict between humans and vampires. Or are you from the people that will tell me that Twilight presented an awesome way a love story. Because that is the kind of person i feel am talking too right now.
The story plot itself is also ruined by the things we complain about. When i am about to see a big conflict and instead am back to stupid slow scenes that make no sense the show ruins the immersion by frustrating me. When the big conflict arrives and i feel like watching a crappy slight show then the immersion is ruined again.

I don't give a shit if they lacked time to make animation good and not budget. I don't give a shit if the slow frustrating nonsense scenes were filler or not. All i know is that i sat down to watch an episode and it wasn't good. The reasons it wasn't good doesn't make it good because by finding the reasons you like to ignore them.
MonadJun 8, 2015 4:50 AM
Jun 8, 2015 4:54 AM

May 2014
I'm sorry Pat, but here the 'critics' are more vocal than the fans, not to mention they always push their opinions like it's a fact, and that's why they're more annoying and obnoxious, not to mention why most fans I meet prefer to stay away from episode discussion like this. Like you say, it's how you say things here (I'm too lazy to type the word you say), but the problem here it's not how polite you are, but how people present their opinion here. 'I hate spicy food' is not the same with '2+2=4' and saying 'this is objectively sucks' is not the same with saying 'I don't like this anime' or 'this anime don't work for me'

Also, I only made half-assed attempt to defend the show, unlike zilch. And I think Kekkai Sensen is better than this tho.

Jun 8, 2015 4:58 AM
Jun 8, 2015 5:14 AM

Dec 2012
Chuunichan said:
I'm sorry Pat, but here the 'critics' are more vocal than the fans, not to mention they always push their opinions like it's a fact, and that's why they're more annoying and obnoxious, not to mention why most fans I meet prefer to stay away from episode discussion like this. Like you say, it's how you say things here (I'm too lazy to type the word you say), but the problem here it's not how polite you are, but how people present their opinion here. 'I hate spicy food' is not the same with '2+2=4' and saying 'this is objectively sucks' is not the same with saying 'I don't like this anime' or 'this anime don't work for me'

Also, I only made half-assed attempt to defend the show, unlike zilch. And I think Kekkai Sensen is better than this tho.

I can see that clearly, but that does not mean they are more annoying. They're simply vocal about their opinions. Yes, some of the vocal critics here are annoying, but some of the fans are also annoying. "People who do not like this anime clearly have a bad taste." "You do not like the background scenery? You should learn more about art & go away." Those are some of things the fans said. Clearly annoying. Yes, they're minority, but still annoying.
It's normal for people to say things like that, that's because they're sure what they're saying are right. So they tend to look assertive. When you believe something is right, of course you would be just like that. And to be honest, some of the fans are like that too, very assertive about their opinions.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 5:27 AM

May 2014
Good action and nice ep. But that ending were a little too lame. I mean he had the same hair as when they were child. True, he thought he were dead, but in that case he should have recognized a fragment of him.

I understad the situation, but still a little too lame that he weren't more careful and stabbed him when he saw his yellow brushy hair. ^^

Oh, well. Next ep is gonna be good. The demon is gonna take over. ^^ Not a spoiler since we saw it in the preview. ^^

Barion-Zara said:
Ep was okay overall but well That ending was pretty intense at least :O Didn't expect Yuu just charging in and stabbing Mika right away. And honestly didn't expect Mika to be stronger than Guren :/ Did he train and stuff or all this is because of Krul's blood?

Ferid sure sent Guren flying tho ^^;

Berserking Yu incoming XD Why am I not surprised lol
Ashuramaru did say he'd take over if he felt any hesitation afterall :P

I wouldn't say he were stronger. Dontcha remember that Mika would be dead if it weren't for the silver-haired dude vampire that punched him. Doesn't remember his name. And if he had taken those pills, I don't think Mika would have been that lucky (though he got stabbed anyway, LOL)

animefan8800 said:
Quite the reunion huh? :D Well I'm sure Mika and Guren will both be fine...well that's my guess anyway. First half felt kinda slow, but we did get a nice kill pose from best girl Shinoa. :D Looks like Yu undergoes some kind of transformation in the preview...interesting...

or it can be that the demon takes over. :) anyway, it gonna be interesting.
TyrelJun 8, 2015 8:30 AM
Jun 8, 2015 5:53 AM

Jun 2008
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Chuunichan said:

I can see that clearly, but that does not mean they are more annoying. They're simply vocal about their opinions. Yes, some of the vocal critics here are annoying, but some of the fans are also annoying. "People who do not like this anime clearly have a bad taste." "You do not like the background scenery? You should learn more about art & go away." Those are some of things the fans said. Clearly annoying. Yes, they're minority, but still annoying.
It's normal for people to say things like that, that's because they're sure what they're saying are right. So they tend to look assertive. When you believe something is right, of course you would be just like that. And to be honest, some of the fans are like that too, very assertive about their opinions.

Look the background scenery is made more like a painting style here etc. Whether you like that truly is a matter of taste. I can get why a fan would find that as a ridiculous criticism although someone has the right to not like that style is not really a flaw.
I also got annoyed by the "OMG loli Vampire queen. This show is officially shit herp derp". This are the same folks going "OMG saw a half boob, this means fanservice, the show is ruined". This are pseudo-intellectuals trying to play the great critics by supposedly show how modest serious they are by not accepting fanservice or getting annoyed by lolis no matter how anything is presented or if it has a bad impact or not. They are like "if i see this i'll call it shit" no matter what.

But when i say the fights were horribly animated and the conflicts non-enjoyable i really don't see why this fans hate me. They should be upset about that too.
The bad animated fighting scenes truly are a fact. There is no debate about that. Tons of people saw them and commented on them. They miss atmosphere and animation and that making them dull and non engaging. Instead of getting up from your seat when shit are supposedly going down you end going "Whatever" because the scenes are like that and because the show frustrated you so much with all the previous scenes.

The show ruins the immersion by frustrating slow insensible scenes(example: The scenes in the camp. They were walking around like they had nothing to do slowly and annoyingly when at that time the show should be showing us all hell breaking lose. It was like having big letter on top flashing "NO BUDGET"). The characters also acting completely incoherent and illogically in context of the show is something also that is very valid criticism.

To me this are very valid criticisms that were pointed out by users but this people get annoyed because they just wanted to enter the discussion and have some fun by reading how others love it and now they are annoyed by the negative energy they feel because of criticism.
I know the feeling. Sometimes i watch a show and i think it's enjoyable and i get to Mal forums and all i read is complains and negativity. It makes you lose your enjoyment some times but not all negativity is with out merit and pointless. Some times criticism does have a valid point.
Jun 8, 2015 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
First please fix your quoting, this is one of the reason why I'm saying you aren't taking us seriously with the complain.
L-Ryoshi said:

Woah, take a chill pill, mate. You sound like you need a Snickers bar or something.

I really think everything should get a chance, when the fans of a show point out issue, but choose to say they aren't issue it really pisses me off.

Not sure about your own personal opinion, but I've seen enough praise on these forums to know that I'm not alone in appreciating the OP and ED. And just because the OP spoils viewers by, what showing Mika was alive after they "killed" for two episodes(?), makes it a bad song? I think you might have to reevaluate how you appreciate music, mate. Yamada and the 7 witches showed all 7 witches in their OP before introducing them one by one, Shokugeki Soma also showed scenes in the OP that won't appear until a couple more episodes in (that means past Episode 10) as well. Does that make them bad songs? I think not.

Some have praised the song from the OP, I haven't seen anyone talking positive about the ED for anything. Also this might come as a surprise to you, but the way you animate the OP is as important as the song, else I might as well just skip the OP and listen to the song while doing other things. The show try to create the atmosphere, that characters can die from the first episode, but when you show stuff that happens 7 episode down the road, then you ruined any tension for the whole school arc, especially the scene where they are getting their demon weapons. This means there aren't any tension in the first arc, since you know what will happen, and the second part use teamwork issue as a tension which is an issue as I have mentioned. As for the other two, do you actually think they are good OP? I haven't watched them, but OP aren't there to spoil stuff from the show, they are there to make you want to watch the show.

Yuu and his team were rushed into action because of an impending Vampire attack. It's not like they had months and years on end to practice and prepare for an invasion (they wish). Everything is happening within a very short timeframe. I don't see what there is to complain about, besides the skipping of their first battle (which, if you read the manga, did showcase their teamwork).

We aren't talking about the manga here, you can't raise the score of the anime, just because you like what it is adopted of, else TK would have scored much better for me. And no they weren't in a hurry, they spend a lot of time in schools heck over 4 years, and Gurren was even against giving them demon weapons so soon. So no they weren't in a hurry, it wasn't until the last two episode the status quo changed for the last 4-5 years. No matter the situation you are in you don't send people to the battlefield without any training, unless you actually tries to create as many causality as possible and loose the war. Please learn how the real military works.

And please elaborate on your "more BS stuff", because somehow it seems like every complaint I've seen on the characters thus far revolves around Yuu's attitude and not what you've been mentioning. That said, his character has been improving of late.

I thought we should stay on topic for just the current episode, but I can also drag in the other episodes issues. I will just quote myself
episode 8:
zilch16 said:

if you are talking about Crowley, as I can see him he is somehow like a playful type of character so playing with his ememies is not surprising at all. and not killing them? I think it is because someone higher rank than him is calling him. From what I can see it seems vampires have different position

No the literately stood still without saying anything for 32 seconds after arriving, while the team was talking, it certainly wasn't very urgent.

Then there are stupid animation/audio error like the one at 20:10, where that red head is talking with closed mouth and the rest of his dialogue is out of sync with the mouth >.>

Episode 7

Wow this show have terrible writing.
1. Why put a squad together made of only teenager, like that is a good idea in any way.
2. three of them are complete rookies with only two of them having experience (if you can call it that), that is not a good way of handling training of rookies.
3. Well at least they received training in working together before entering the battlefield, oh wait they didn't >.>
4. Good thing all of them have great personality for working together, oh wait they don't got that either.
5. Did they at least receive education in the way vampires operate, and how the battlefield work. Doesn't look like it
6. Tsundere:"This is a trap, don't break formation"
reasonable character respond"ah so we are gonna save the child together in formation? Or you know we have a ranged character that could shoot it, how about we do that?"
Tsundere stares silently at MC for 20 second.
"fuck it, I'm going in"

It was so stupid, I can't even, aaargh, and to top it of with the cherry on the top we have a fan service bathing scene with grouping of course.

Episode 6
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1381661&show=0#post26

I think I mentioned in an earlier thread about how interesting the plot is, with all the geo-political infighting both within the Vampires' camp and the Imperial Japanese Army. Thing is, we haven't yet arrived at that portion of the story yet. The fight (NOT the fight SCENES, mind you) with the Vampires is also interesting in the manga, because essentially it's a case of 2 noble vampires against a whole company of humans, and the humans would still be on the losing side. The tactics which they use in the series make for an interesting read. I can only lament how little those things have yet been translated onto the small screen thus far, but as I said I have high hopes things can still change for the better.

Again you can see the issue, but don't understand why it is a problem in the anime?

As for being contradicting. All I said was that I've seen worse in terms of plot and still managed to finish those shows.

No I'm talking about you saying "there are only these two issue", and then mention even more after

If you really want to torture yourself with ridiculous, I suggest you try the following:

I'm not a masochist, I was interested in what you will actually deem not good enough plot wise.

Personally I don't see how my views are any more contradictory than those shows that you gave 3s and 4s to, and yet still managed to complete.

You are actually gonna drag ones watch list into it? Just don't else I will start needing explanation why a show you have dropped can receive a 5, which means it is average. This is not the place or time for that.

But anyway mate, I've explained my part, pray do explain what you hate so much about the Characters and the Plot.

true you have explained the plot for something that have not happened, which does nothing for the current season, and explained nothing about the characters except Yu become less annoying. I have now pointed out issue with the plot, characters and settings, .

Having read the manga and knowing how good this story can be, I am optimistic that issues they have can and will be addressed come next cour (it's too late for the current one). I don't see an issue with the plot nor the characters thus far, and I also do enjoy the OP and ED, but that's my opinion.

Fans said the meat of this work are the fights, I doubt that will be fixed for second season, which mean I will not watch it ongoing and instead wait on reviews for the whole season. I simply can't take more of something so poorly written.
mrdkrekaJun 8, 2015 6:07 AM
Jun 8, 2015 6:11 AM

Dec 2012
Monad said:
Look the background scenery is made more like a painting style here etc. Whether you like that truly is a matter of taste. I can get why a fan would find that as a ridiculous criticism although someone has the right to not like that style is not really a flaw.
I also got annoyed by the "OMG loli Vampire queen. This show is officially shit herp derp". This are the same folks going "OMG saw a half boob, this means fanservice, the show is ruined". This are pseudo-intellectuals trying to play the great critics by supposedly show how modest serious they are by not accepting fanservice or getting annoyed by lolis no matter how anything is presented or if it has a bad impact or not. They are like "if i see this i'll call it shit" no matter what.

But when i say the fights were horribly animated and the conflicts non-enjoyable i really don't see why this fans hate me. They should be upset about that too.
The bad animated fighting scenes truly are a fact. There is no debate about that. Tons of people saw them and commented on them. They miss atmosphere and animation and that making them dull and non engaging. Instead of getting up from your seat when shit are supposedly going down you end going "Whatever" because the scenes are like that and because the show frustrated you so much with all the previous scenes.

The show ruins the immersion by frustrating slow insensible scenes(example: The scenes in the camp. They were walking around like they had nothing to do slowly and annoyingly when at that time the show should be showing us all hell breaking lose. It was like having big letter on top flashing "NO BUDGET"). The characters also acting completely incoherent and illogically in context of the show is something also that is very valid criticism.

To me this are very valid criticisms that were pointed out by users but this people get annoyed because they just wanted to enter the discussion and have some fun by reading how others love it and now they are annoyed by the negative energy they feel because of criticism.
I know the feeling. Sometimes i watch a show and i think it's enjoyable and i get to Mal forums and all i read is complains and negativity. It makes you lose your enjoyment some times but not all negativity is with out merit and pointless. Some times criticism does have a valid point.

Some people here really like to criticize things that are not meant to be criticized. The background scenery, the loli vampire queen, the main characters are all young people/look so young, etc. It's pretty ridiculous. And because of those people, the people who truly criticize this anime show with valid points are all despised by the fans. What a shame, really.

Exactly. We're criticizing this anime show not to make this anime show look bad, but because we care about this anime show & because we expected better. We believed that this anime show would be one anime show that we enjoy until the end.

Agreed. Do not simply put all of the critics to one pool of "haters," some of them have valid points, some of them don't. And me, as the one who criticize this anime show, really try to divide between the rabid fans & the reasonable fans so that I can see the valid points from the fans.
I like anime.
Jun 8, 2015 6:16 AM
May 2015
I'm one of those that believes you have no right to critique if you don't understand, Basically, if you critique a story (as a whole for this example) I'm assuming you actually have a base (aka the imagination etc to even think of such a story) for it.

On the episode: this was the weakest episode by far, yes, it had the annoying stills which could've been remedied by at least showing some action and not stills in everything (like say just show some people/vampires dying in the midst of the stills). The filler (which makes sense to me) was to have the fateful reunion for the cliffhanger (let's face it, would there have been any better point to end the episode).

As for bad anime in general, there are very few I find bad. For example, I find Cross Ange a very good anime but I dropped M3 (around episode 7-9?, due to essentially negating character development after progress)
Jun 8, 2015 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
The real fight begins next episode between family :D
Jun 8, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Why the action in this anime sucks? Do they have low budget?
Btw nice cliffhanger.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.