May 2009
Kuromii said:
HaXXspetten said:
You what? o.O

I like hoarding anime.

I have about the same.
Jun 4, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2013
i delete anime when they finish airing except those who were my favorites of the season or have rewatch potential and save them my external hard drive
Jun 4, 2015 7:42 AM

Jun 2014
worldeditor11 said:
Working_Designs said:

They must have a good fucking job then. Nobody spends thousands of dollars on computer equipment where I live, but that's probably because there are no video editors in my area.

That's because you never know people who actually deal with home databases, servers and encoding digital videos. And there are people perform RAID storage as well in their home computers.

The ONLY places you'll find databases and servers in my area is in offices/enterprises. And while people who record videos a lot need plenty of space, there are NO video editors where I live, because you wouldn't make any money doing that here.

Jun 4, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
1. I own one 1 TB Hard Drive, and one 2 TB Hard Drive.
2. I have yet to delete anything. I keep all my weekly shows on the computer, and my all-time favorites on the hard drive.
3. I have tons of space, so no. If I ever do start getting low on space I'll just by a new hard drive.
4. [Look at #1s answer]
5. Around 1700.
Jun 4, 2015 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
Hard drive? I don't get it. Does my bluray go into that?
Add me because I'm a cosplayer of lewd actions! XD
Jun 4, 2015 2:54 PM
Dec 2013
All the frickin' time. I barely have space left on my hard drive because I downloaded anime I want to keep forever (which took up almost my entire hard drive space), so once I finish watching a newly downloaded anime, I delete it straight away. No point in keeping it afterwards.
Jun 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2014
Immediately I finish watching it.
Jun 4, 2015 3:18 PM

Feb 2015
I used to have this problem all the time. Running out of space. I still have folders full of cds where i burned episodes of anime to get them off my drive. All of Fushugi Yuugi and Full Moon Wo Sagashite are on CD for me. These days i have an external hard drive, but that's almost full. More recently I've started streaming most everything and that's helped :)

Jun 4, 2015 3:54 PM
Jan 2014
curtis_sw117 said:
So to all of you who store anime rather than stream:

1. How big is the hard drive you keep all of your anime on?
2. How often do you have to delete anime off of your hard drive due to lack of space?
3. Do any of you NOT have to delete any?
4. How big is your hard drive that you store everything on?
5. How many gigs of anime do you have on your hard drive currently?

Okay, first off, the question in the poll is missing an item or two; because the issue is not built around available space. At least not for me. I often download material to watch, only to find I don't like as much as I thought I would. This point is an obvious truth that we all live with. Except in my case, my computer has a total erase function in the MacOSX, which is easy to use, and is forensically safe. And works at the file level.

I also keep some anime and trash others, even when I like them. Some anime are a watch once experience, while others lend themselves to re-watches. And then there is the ones I place on DVD, which makes it almost unnecessary to store on hard drive.

I am very strongly tied to the Apple ecosystem, which means that I can watch everything in media (movies, anime, tv-shows) on my Apple TV, and my Macintosh-media, iPhone-media, and iPad-media; are all accessible and can be moved to the AppleTV to watch on TV. All by Wifi, so there is a reason to have some anime on the HD, but that reason doesn't stretch to every anime I've ever watched.

And then there is a last point. Some of us have anime on our hard drives which are still subject to copyright law, even in the United States. People are being arrested and fined thousands of dollars for these violations. So we all have to understand, not only the mechanics of our storage needs, but we also have to understand the risks of keeping stuff on our media which is newer than 14-years.

Again, this question and its connected poll are not properly thought out. I would have preferred the question be couched in more depth of understanding.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

107 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
19 seconds ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 39 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
32 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by LostSpectre »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

16 by Archean-Return »»
6 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

192 by FZREMAKE »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.