Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you recently watched that had most pathetic MC you ever seen ?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
Are airhead MCs supposed to be pathetic? If so, Naruto and Luffy then.
Jun 1, 2015 6:02 PM

Oct 2014
ooo333 said:
All male MC that are voiced by chicks or have moe eyes

>Implying Nagisa from Assassination Classroom is "pathetic"

lolz.
Jun 1, 2015 6:17 PM
Oct 2014
KLKfanboy said:
Aeldrian said:
kill la kill

not just mc the whole anime is pathetic

nice b8 m8
i personally didn't like KLK either, but then again i dropped it after only a couple of episodes. i'd honestly say MC wasn't even bad it was mako that made the rest of the show cancerous for me.

despite all of shinji's bitching i still feel like some of it was justified even if it was excessive considering his circumstances, but yeah i still agree he's pretty pathetic especially in comparison to the rest of the cast. also for people listing one piece luffy is far from pathetic even if you don't really like him as a protagonist.

+1 for yukiteru definitely, if anything i'm ranking him higher than shinji on my "wtf is up with this bitch ass character" list because mirai nikki was terrible so not even the show itself could save that one.
aztroninjaJun 1, 2015 6:37 PM
Jun 1, 2015 6:39 PM

Mar 2014
papsoshea said:
Recent? I think Bell from DanMachi

B-but episode 8!!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 1, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
StrawberryRain said:
papsoshea said:
Recent? I think Bell from DanMachi

B-but episode 8!!

He just hates either RPG anime or Kirito
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2015 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
I have to go with Shinji Ikari. He's absolutely pathetic, but at the same time he's one of the most well written characters I've seen in anime. Watching his growth and psychoanalysis through the series was quite enjoyable.

On the other hand, we have Yuki from Mirai Nikki who is absolutely pathetic but has no redeeming qualities. Not to mention he's basically a terribly written copy of Shinji Ikari.
Jun 1, 2015 7:25 PM

Aug 2009
I don't agree that one piece is pathetic.
I actually liked bakemonogotari (but not for the mc).

Anyhow I've seen several pathetic main mc. It does get on my nerves and I get where you're coming from. Nothing recent comes to mind.
Jun 1, 2015 7:26 PM

Aug 2014
All male MC that have an episode where they cross-dress, and then all the chicks are like "HE LOOKS SO PRETTY DRESSED AS A CHICK!!!" Etc
Jun 1, 2015 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
Shakugan no Shana's main character Yuji is my most recent one, I hate him so much.
Jun 1, 2015 11:00 PM

Jan 2015
Yuki from Mirai Nikki is the most beta overall.

Renton from Eureka 7 is sort of a loser, and he is a giant fucking retard when he finally realized he happened to be killing people this entire time. (no really) But he grows up to be a badass. And atleast he fights well later on.

Whats his face from Deadman Wonderland is a loser too. Like Shinji.

The MC from Highschool DxD might not be a little bitch, but hes the most disgusting loser I have ever seen, I genuinely hated him so much that I dropped the series. That and the tastless amount of fanservice.
Jun 1, 2015 11:07 PM

Aug 2014
LionCake said:
The MC from Highschool DxD might not be a little bitch, but hes the most disgusting loser I have ever seen, I genuinely hated him so much that I dropped the series. That and the tastless amount of fanservice.

So what does he need to do to be a winner?
Jun 1, 2015 11:08 PM

Jun 2014
TheGoldenLion said:
One Outs

he's pathetic in the fact that high school students pitch better than him :p

badass personality
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 1, 2015 11:08 PM
Nov 2014
I'd definitely say the #1 spot goes to Pokémon.
In relation to any Trainer who ACTUALLY puts forth effort, that is.
“ Youth is a hoax; it's evil. People who make a big deal of their 'youth', are just inviting trouble. If you fall in with them, lies, secrets, failure, and even crime await you. These people who enjoy their 'youth'... will eventually fall apart. ”
~ Hikigaya Hachiman
Jun 1, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2015
keiwa11 said:
Unyilkdr said:
still waiting MADAO, ROAD OF GINTAMA MOVIE. i'll beleive it will win the most pathetic MC ever!
But he is at least funny.
but watching his survival live are really pathetic and painful to watch, even make watamote MC look like winner!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 1, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
Infinite Stratos.. cause the MC's full of shit and too dumb, worthless.
Jun 1, 2015 11:47 PM

Oct 2014
None of you know what pathetic is until you read Netoraserare.

Jun 2, 2015 12:12 AM

Nov 2014
Yuki from Mirai Nikki.
Holt shit, that guy.

Jun 2, 2015 12:21 AM

Mar 2015
SightScreen said:
None of you know what pathetic is until you read Netoraserare.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lVODMHB.jpg[/im g]
bitch please. "domestic na kanojo". beat that!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 2, 2015 5:03 AM

Oct 2014
ooo333 said:
All male MC that have an episode where they cross-dress, and then all the chicks are like "HE LOOKS SO PRETTY DRESSED AS A CHICK!!!" Etc

seriously, go watch/read Assassination Classroom.
Jun 2, 2015 5:13 AM

May 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
TheGoldenLion said:
One Outs

badass personality

Oh no! Wrong thread :O
Goddamn he's a friggin badass must delete X_X
I misread the goddamn title D:

Edit: NGE XD
Jun 2, 2015 7:57 AM

Jun 2012
For me, the worst offender thus far definitely goes to Kaneki Ken from Tokyo Ghoul. Just, WOW, he's easily the WORST Ken I've ever seen in my life. He's a person who literally refused to man up and fight at least to protect himself from his enemies. Though he finally grew some OOOOs in the finale, but the amount of time he took to man up really baffled me. He even needs to be tortured first.

I wish I could elaborate more about Kaneki being a pathetic character. But unfortunately, my Tokyo Ghoul folder has been deleted and I simply have no more intention of revisiting that anime only to talk about one of my most hated anime character in better detail.

Oh, I only watched the 1st season. Knowing that, I can't be bothered to watch the 2nd one.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Jun 2, 2015 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
Grey-Zone said:
ooo333 said:

seriously, go watch/read Assassination Classroom.

he totally did a number on that torture teacher
Jun 2, 2015 9:46 AM

Oct 2014
Unyilkdr said:

But it didn't. The MC of that series isn't a willing cuck.
Jun 2, 2015 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
hate the kind of protags who have confessed to a girl but yet he still like to kiss other girls.

same here I fucking hate araragi with all my heart because what he did to those lolis. I mean he already had senjougahara. for fuck sake. bring the harem tag atleast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2015 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
15 year olds with PTSD who are reluctant to take part in terrorism are pathetic

You do know that most of the secret agencies hire people under 15, right? Chinese go so far down as 9 year olds. And SA's mostly do terrorism, but I wouldn't call the children involved "pathetic".
Jun 2, 2015 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
emotionless_ said:
hate the kind of protags who have confessed to a girl but yet he still like to kiss other girls.

*cough*WhiteAlbum*cough*
Jun 2, 2015 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
xavirex said:
Red_Keys said:
15 year olds with PTSD who are reluctant to take part in terrorism are pathetic

You do know that most of the secret agencies hire people under 15, right? Chinese go so far down as 9 year olds. And SA's mostly do terrorism, but I wouldn't call the children involved "pathetic".
Child soldiers are pathetic ofcourse...
Jun 2, 2015 4:44 PM

Aug 2014
Nano1124 said:
White Album's Fujii Touya. I fucking hate that guy. He's much worse than School Day's Itou Makoto.

When you got chicks like Yayoi and Rina, its kinda difficult to resist.
Jun 2, 2015 4:47 PM

Aug 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
TheGoldenLion said:
One Outs

badass personality

How is he pathetic? He was never gifted with outstanding baseball skills.

Im 6'2'' and play basketball once every two months, but if a HS student who happens to be 6'0 and is on the basketball team and beats me, thats not embarrassing. A HS Student (16+) is a grown men.
oooo3333Jun 2, 2015 4:53 PM
Jun 2, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2014

This face begs for a punch
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 2, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Comic_Sans said:

How could you punch such a cute little bastard?
Jun 2, 2015 5:13 PM

Feb 2013
Takumi from Chaos;Head fits the bill
Jun 2, 2015 6:02 PM

Mar 2015
SightScreen said:
Unyilkdr said:

But it didn't. The MC of that series isn't a willing cuck.
but triggered by that bitch sensei? even avoid it sister that already proven that she love him, even giving everything for him? seriously? it's most childish thing ever for seinen manga (it tagged like that).
Jun 2, 2015 6:04 PM

Mar 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
Comic_Sans said:

He's a pathetic piece of shit
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 2, 2015 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
Protaku94 said:
Shirou from UBW. I dislike "have to save everyone" protagonists.
Jun 2, 2015 8:37 PM
May 2015
Shinji from Neon genesis Evangeleon

Haruyuki Arita from accel world is also pretty pathetic, but at least he is more realistic and less overpowered than our beloved kirito.

EDIT:
Oh and now that I've read the thread, yuki is popping back into my memory. That guy was a dead weight for Yuno.
hegfgyJun 2, 2015 8:53 PM
Jun 2, 2015 8:51 PM
Apr 2015
what character in one piece, Kobe?

KLKfanboy said:
One piece, Bleach and Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Jun 2, 2015 8:58 PM

May 2015
ooo333 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

badass personality

Im 6'2'' and play basketball once every two months, but if a HS student who happens to be 6'0 and is on the basketball team and beats me, thats not embarrassing. A HS Student (16+) is a grown men.

That was a typo dude!
Read the the edit for heaven's sake
He is one of my favourite characters and I simply misread the the title as " Recent anime that you watched"
Jun 2, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 2008
Nuff said

Jun 3, 2015 2:09 AM

Mar 2015
waiting for BIG ORDER OVA released and look how MAL comunity see it MC.
Jun 3, 2015 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
Yukiteru and Kousei.
Jun 3, 2015 2:28 AM

Feb 2015
amateur said:
Nuff said

Jun 3, 2015 2:34 AM

Jun 2014
ooo333 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

badass personality

No wonder you suck. No one cares if you're 6'2", hell I could probably even ankle-break you if I wanted to.
Jun 3, 2015 2:35 AM

May 2015
Eremiel said:
Protaku94 said:
Shirou from UBW. I dislike "have to save everyone" protagonists.
+1 (Too naive)
Laizel said:
amateur said:
Nuff said

And this
Jun 3, 2015 3:01 AM

May 2015
Laizel said:
amateur said:
Nuff said

+ 1 , Shinji(NGE) and Shirou(FSN UBW)
Jun 3, 2015 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Hachiman is pathetic. I love him but he's still pathetic in a less brutal sense.
Jun 3, 2015 5:17 AM

Jan 2008
The guy from Shigatsu (Arima Kousei) is pretty pathetic. He gets his head wrecked by a baseball, gets yelled at by the girl who hit him with said ball, then gets lectured for an hour by the principal for breaking the glass. Seriously? Id did not occur to him to say "Hey, man, I'm the victim here, by the way...I am bleeding, I need to get medical treatment ASAP".

Also, from the current season, there is Tsukasa from Plastic Memories. Gets caught in a compromising position due to a misunderstanding by the neighboring tsundere, who just barges in on him in his room and immediately starts apologizing as if he did anything wrong instead of just shouting "GTFO bitch! This is MY ROOM".

I don't know why I bother...the submissiveness of some anime guys has no limits.
Jun 3, 2015 5:37 AM

Jun 2012
Comic_Sans said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

You're definitely right. Just as I said before, he's easily the WORST Ken I've ever seen in my entire life. And yet people loved him so much to the point where the anime drawing group I was in got flooded by Kaneki fan-arts left and right, as if he's one of the coolest character of the season. URGH! No wonder I hate him with a burning passion.
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.
Jun 3, 2015 6:27 AM

Jul 2013
HAVOCprojects said:
Comic_Sans said:

You're definitely right. Just as I said before, he's easily the WORST Ken I've ever seen in my entire life. And yet people loved him so much to the point where the anime drawing group I was in got flooded by Kaneki fan-arts left and right, as if he's one of the coolest character of the season. URGH! No wonder I hate him with a burning passion.

When they say they like him. They liked his art. White hair? Black nails? Black outfit? That's so cool bro.
Jun 3, 2015 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
Tenshi_Shura said:
HAVOCprojects said:

When they say they like him. They liked his art. White hair? Black nails? Black outfit? That's so cool bro.

in the Manga he is not even that bad....
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

21 by Super-Sugoi »»
43 seconds ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
13 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
13 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

40 by redorzo »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.