Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think manspreading should warrant an arrest?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2015 6:45 PM
Sep 2014
Bloodshade said:
What about women spreading?

Arrest their ass.
May 31, 2015 6:45 PM

Aug 2014
Gov said:
Fat people you say?

What kind of normal person sits like that???
May 31, 2015 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
MechaKiryu said:
Gov said:
Fat people you say?

What kind of normal person sits like that???

Hey you know, sometimes your balls need some ventilation lol
May 31, 2015 7:12 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Maybe unless it isn't busy

although it wouldn't be fair with fat people though :( no bully the fatties
May 31, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
No
May 31, 2015 8:33 PM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
When it is a cultural expectation that a man is supposed to give up his seat for a woman when there are none available, when she is culturally entitled to that spot

I thought that only applied if she was old or pregnant? I can't recall ever giving up my seat to a grown woman who is just as capable of standing as I am.

Though I haven't used public transportation in 4 years, except airplanes. Is this some recent development?

OT: I can't even comprehend how this can be a legitimate concern or problem. I put this in the same category as people who cut in line, people that talk to loudly on public transport etc.

Sure, they aren't following public transport etiquette, but arresting them is ridiculous.

How about instead of being so busy taking pictures of these people to create some sensational bullshit and garner attention for yourself, you go up to them and ask them to retract their legs, so you can sit down?
May 31, 2015 9:45 PM

Jun 2014
Baelish said:
By the sounds of the title I thought it was something men do in prisons with buttocks.
May 31, 2015 10:57 PM

Jun 2013
Gov said:
Fat people you say?

He probably has jack itch.
May 31, 2015 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
Sexist to call it manspreading although maybe its just the article written like that. Should just apply to everyone to not take up multiple seats unless injured or something and just be fined for it.
Jun 1, 2015 11:19 AM
Aug 2011
http://mic.com/articles/107614/i-spread-my-legs-on-the-subway-to-prove-an-important-point

"By virtue of being occupied by both men and women, space is inherently gendered." xD

Yeah, it is a very ill-thought out campaign overall, especially for feminists who state they want a gender-neutral equal future. Gender labeling things is not the answer.
cipheronJun 1, 2015 11:22 AM
Jun 1, 2015 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
traed said:
Sexist to call it manspreading although maybe its just the article written like that. Should just apply to everyone to not take up multiple seats unless injured or something and just be fined for it.

What do you suggest it be called then?
Jun 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2014
I'll make room for people if they're looking for a seat, I'll give it up if there isn't any free spots but otherwise ima sit comfortably, kinda don't want to be arrested for that.
Jun 1, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
I'm all for fat shaming so making it illegal is even better.
Jun 1, 2015 4:48 PM

Mar 2014
manspreading isn't even a real thing
Jun 1, 2015 5:19 PM

Mar 2015
Arrest? No. Bul like, if you need a seat and someone is spreading their legs too much, just ask them to move their legs.

Most people probably will, if nobody is sitting there spreading your legs etc. isn't really a problem, I pu my backpack in the seat right next to me when I'm on the bus, if the seat isn't taken that is. If someone wants to sit next to me I'll just move it.
Jun 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
I think manspreading is one of of the dumbest words mankind has ever come up with and women probably do it too. It's about the same level as dumb as "lifehack". And we're arresting people who do things we don't like now? did we all forget how to open our mouths and tell those people to fuck off?
Jun 1, 2015 6:13 PM

Nov 2009
Syndiciate said:
traed said:

Leg Spreading.
Jun 1, 2015 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
Syndiciate said:
traed said:

It should be called, "excuse me, move your leg please".

If you're too much of a sheltered little slug that you can't even ask for someone to make room for you, you don't deserve that seat in the first place.
Jun 1, 2015 7:39 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Geez, like really? Arresting? Just tell them to move their ass. If you want to sit in the seats he's blocking, go up to him and ask, "Hey, can I sit here?"
If they say no then yeah, they're an asshole. But if you want to sit there, straight up pretend that you heard them wrong, say, "thank you" and sit your ass down anyway.

We don't really have this problem on the buses where I live; we have folks who put their backpacks where someone could be sitting. Tell them to move their shit; they don't own the transit.

If you really want, you can have the transit campaign like Australia had-- "Train Etiquette: Super Simple Stuff". I quite like the jokes which spawned from those.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 1, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2008
this is weightism

what if an anorexic woman can only use half a seat? she b wasting precious space when someone double the size of her could utilize the full seat for their gluteal muscles
Jun 1, 2015 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
When people are manspreading and there's no room I just sit on their laps. It's a great conversation starter.
Jun 2, 2015 5:24 AM

May 2014
icirate said:
Grown-up said:

Nah, cmon.

I like to treat other human beings with the respect of assuming that they are capable of self-control and dignity. If you are morbidly obese, you made yourself that way on purpose. It takes years of deliberate overeating to get to be that way. If the result is the same then I don't see why one instance should be excused while another shouldn't.

Lol people want to be fat
Jun 2, 2015 5:25 AM

Oct 2012
yes holy shit

while you're at it arrest the people who put their bags on the seat next to them on a full train if they don't have a good excuse
lemoncupJun 2, 2015 5:47 AM

Jun 2, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2012
Arrest? No. But raise your kids to be not inconsiderate assholes please.
Jun 2, 2015 5:32 AM

Sep 2009
I would do the following:

Cut off the legs of anyone who puts their feet on the seats.

Kill anyone who puts their bag on the window seat while sitting in the aisle seat, in an attempt to prevent others from sitting next to them when the public transport is crowded.

Force anyone who leaves rubbish on the bus to live the rest of their lives in a landfill or scrapyard.

Have anyone who starts some internet shame campaign placed in stocks in a public square, and invite onlookers to throw rotten fruit and vegetables at them.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Jun 2, 2015 6:07 AM
May 2009
No. Mainly cause they are all cowards and will unspread if you ask.
If they get violent or verbal, than just call the authorities and have them removed.
Jun 2, 2015 6:11 AM

Nov 2014
joey101937 said:
icirate said:

I like to treat other human beings with the respect of assuming that they are capable of self-control and dignity. If you are morbidly obese, you made yourself that way on purpose. It takes years of deliberate overeating to get to be that way. If the result is the same then I don't see why one instance should be excused while another shouldn't.

Lol people want to be fat
He never said that they wanted to be fat.

Jun 2, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2009
Thing is, many Seating Places are made small enough due to economical Reasons that a Passenger sitting nearby would already invade the personal Space, especially if the other one is fat and/or has (a lot of) Baggage as well. Also, when many Wagons/Buses etc. were built, the vast Majority of Persons had a slim Figure.

Those Issues can be resolved with (a polite) Communication, though.
Jun 2, 2015 9:41 AM

Jun 2008
Jaytr13 said:
I think manspreading is one of of the dumbest words mankind has ever come up with and women probably do it too. It's about the same level as dumb as "lifehack". And we're arresting people who do things we don't like now? did we all forget how to open our mouths and tell those people to fuck off?

We leave in an Sjw society. We are not expected to actually have to do anything. The state should just nanny us to death.
Jun 2, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2014
Gov said:
Fat people you say?

What a way to sit. Why would he sit like that?
Jun 2, 2015 10:06 AM

Mar 2013
lmao
Jun 2, 2015 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't even know this was a thing.
Jun 2, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
Sure, as should every single man that knows how to make an omelette. How there those filthy men to play with them eggs?! huh?!

Are they so afraid of their sexuality that they must show them out in the open?!

Question though: What would be the penitence for commiting this other crime?

GuilionJun 2, 2015 12:52 PM
Jun 2, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2014
I thought "Manspreading" was the act of spreading men all over a certain place until I read this thread...
Jun 2, 2015 3:00 PM

Oct 2009
Manspreaders should be publicly executed to set an example

Jun 3, 2015 12:19 AM

Aug 2009
Manspreading is indeed a vile and disgusting act. Men caught committing this should be sentenced to castration, 1000 lashings with a metal whip, chained to the back horse and dragged across the city for all to see and finally a public execution by burning at the stake in front of city hall. Of course their loved ones and relatives will also be forced to watch as they are slowly consumed by the flames, his agonized screams eternally haunting their memories. That'll teach those filthy penis owners to try to sit comfortably on the subway!
LoneWolfJun 3, 2015 1:18 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 3, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2014
violity said:
Gov said:
Fat people you say?

What a way to sit. Why would he sit like that?

Cuz his balls be needing ventilation, and he's wearing tight pants.
Jun 3, 2015 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Feminism is fighting for real issues guise!
The Art of Eight
Jun 3, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2015
NYPD is arresting these guys now? They must have caught all of the rapists, drug dealers and murderers in the city to have so much free time on their hands.
Slightly Dangerous

Jun 3, 2015 7:52 AM

May 2015
dont want me to put you the hospital? dont manspread
Jun 3, 2015 7:55 AM

Feb 2015
This is ridiculous..

They've studied people in public areas for years.. people will space themselves apart whenever possible. In different cultures the preferred number of empty seats varies - American tend to go for the most seats between people before they have to start filling them in.

Long story short - make bigger private seats and people will have a better experience.
Jun 3, 2015 10:53 AM

Jan 2011
These forums are completely detached from reality.
Jun 3, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2009
Don't know if this has been mentioned but:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/the-first-arrest-has-been-made-for-manspreading-10285011.html

Apparently it has already happened. Now the funnier bit about this is that the "alleged" crime took place at 12:11AM.

Before issuing an [adjournment contemplating dismissal] for both men, the judge expressed her skepticism about the charge because of the time of the arrests: "12:11AM, I can't believe there were many people on the subway".

Despite this admission from the judge, and the fact that New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority rules of conduct only prohibit taking up more than one seat if it interferes with the functioning of the train or the "comfort of other passengers", she did not dismiss the men outright but give them an ACD – meaning charges will be dropped if they don't get arrested again for a certain amount of time.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

24 by -Jahra »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
21 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
34 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.