Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 1, 2015 8:21 PM

Mar 2015
Wouldn't the best thing be to find an anime that she would like? One that would interest her. Same goes with games. Both medias are so diverse you will find something you love and something you hate in all of them.

And besides, you don't need a person to like everything that you like in order to be in a relationship with them. Though of course some common ground is always good to have.
Jun 2, 2015 5:16 AM
May 2009
If its only anime, I just expose them to it.
Leave a manga lying around or have an anime running.
Jun 2, 2015 6:41 AM
Dec 2014
It's stupid to try to make her like something she doesn't.

Just dump her and find another girl
Jun 2, 2015 8:02 AM

Feb 2008
Changing someone to what they are not - lol.
Jun 2, 2015 8:22 AM

Apr 2007
Try to get her to watch anime. I mean, she watches movies, right? Chick flicks, according to one of your other posts, so find a well-recommended romance anime (maybe a movie, because movies take less commitment to watch than full series) and try to convince her to watch it with you. There's so much anime out there, she might find one she likes if she gives it a chance.

If she doesn't like it, just tell her to respect your interests like you respect hers.
Jun 2, 2015 3:03 PM

Oct 2009
You can show her what you think is the best of whatever medium you're trying to convince her is good, but you can only go so far. Can't win em all.

Jun 18, 2015 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
Shiinan said:

Never gone out with anyone who doesn't watch anime. Interesting to realize this xD

the reverse in her case would be don't go out with someone who is obsessed with animu
Jun 18, 2015 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Nope, I like what she does. I wouldn't forced my biased ideal gf.
Jun 18, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
Why can't you just acceot what people like or dislike? In real life, you can't just go yandere and force your significant other into shit, Yuno.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 18, 2015 9:25 AM

Jun 2014
-YunoGasai said:
IF you have ever successfully got her to go from hating it to liking it, please tell me HOW!?

You should respect your GF's tastes.

Ask yourself this, how would you like it if she practically forces you to do something she likes but you loathe, you wouldn't like it right?
Jun 18, 2015 9:52 AM

Jun 2008
Trying to change people is the classic mistake women like doing. It would be best if guys tried to avoid doing the same.
Ether you accept a person or you don't. If you can't live with something about that person then just try to find another. Stop trying to change them.
Jun 18, 2015 9:55 AM
May 2015
lolatusenpai said:
If your GF is interested in making the relationship work, naturally, you two will either learn to accept each others interests or find a compromise.

If not, then the relationship isn't going to last very long.

This basically.

You probably won't make her like anime, nor should she have too. You just put up with each other's interests if they don't match up. Just like you'll have to put up with hers.

If she takes the piss, do what I do, and take the piss out of those reality TV shows I turn.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Jun 18, 2015 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
Mine used to tell me that she watched a couple of shows. I wasn't into anime back then though but I would have been lucky if I did
Jun 18, 2015 1:19 PM

May 2015
I changed my GF's attitude in a slightly different way...

My first GF had little to no knowledge about Anime. We had to break up because of life reasons, specifically because I was moving out of the country. But it was really bad on her end, so she came to me for advice via social networking. I could chat, but it was a little hard to talk to her by text alone, and she wasn't entirely convinced by what I was saying. So I decided to share one of my hobbies with her. Anime? Well where she lives, internet is bad and also expensive. Also, she thought of anime as "mere cartoons." So what was my alternative? Manga.

"I want you to read this book," I told her. I used the album feature on the social networking site to show her chapters of the manga. She thought that it was just a comic book for kids, but I encouraged her to read it. So she began reading more. I even taught her to read from right to left, top to bottom :). Whenever she finished a chapter, she would give me feedback on what she read, and I would upload the next chapter for her afterwards. I didn't upload the entire manga, just chapter by chapter to get her to beg for more. When she was about to reach the story's climax, I uploaded all the chapters for her to read and finish it, and then I went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning and checked my site, I received from her the longest letter I have ever seen. It was filled with her feelings, saying that she was sorry, she was crying, that she misunderstood what I was trying to say, and that she was thankful. We may not be together, but at least she has someone that she can rely on to be there for her.

Now, she would regularly ask me to send her manga to read. One time she asked me about anime, and I mentioned Death Note. She said she actually watched the live-action film of it, but didn't know there was an anime for it. So she bought a DVD of the anime, watched it, liked it, and I finally convinced her that anime "aren't just simply cartoons."

TL;DR: If you can't convince him/her, don't force it. If they don't like what you like, then it might not work out in the long run. That's why it's called COMPATABILITY!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
12 seconds ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 22 minutes ago

4 by pludel2 »»
28 seconds ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
13 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
31 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 10 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.