Forum Settings
Forums

Manga/LN/Novel/VN/Game that you think will not works as anime.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2015 12:41 AM

Jan 2015
Katawa Shoujo obviously
coz who would want to see their waifus with different impairments?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 2, 2015 1:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Remv_quevav said:
Katawa Shoujo obviously
coz who would want to see their waifus with different impairments?
There are always weird perverts out there
Jun 2, 2015 1:48 AM

Apr 2014
Motherurck said:
Protaku94 said:
I wanna say Battle Royale, but I really want to see it as an anime anyway.
Why? It would work, wouldn't it?

They'd have to give it at least 24 episodes and not be censored for the gore, sexual themes, and violence which unless done by Madhouse, is unlikely.
There's also going to be that small, ignorant group of people that call it a rip off of The Hunger Games.
Jun 2, 2015 2:20 AM

Jun 2014
Protaku94 said:
Motherurck said:

They'd have to give it at least 24 episodes and not be censored for the gore, sexual themes, and violence which unless done by Madhouse, is unlikely.
There's also going to be that small, ignorant group of people that call it a rip off of The Hunger Games.

teenage kids dying left and right is safe for television viewership?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 2, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2014
Red_Tuesday said:
G-Senjou no Maou.

One of the VNs that are the most nostalgia-inflated in terms of public opinion, its credibility to each reader hinges on whether they are a blank enough slate to not see the clearly telegraphed twists coming. First-person perspectives and already sloppy foreshadowing won't translate well to the animated medium, it's best to remember it as a "good" VN, even if it deserves to be remembered as average.

And god knows its extremely forgettable supporting cast won't save it.

That's only your opinion though, but I kind of understand your reasoning (side routes aside from Tsubaki were quite boring), however you cannot deny that the (main) ending was much better than the endings of 90% of other pieces of fiction... many pieces of fiction are great while it's going but then fall flat at the end, G-senjou however manages to avoid that pit-fall.
Jun 2, 2015 3:07 PM

Feb 2010
Protaku94 said:
Motherurck said:

It would take more episodes than that unless they rush it.

But anyway it's still totally doable.
Jun 2, 2015 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Vanisher said:
Protaku94 said:

It would take more episodes than that unless they rush it.

But anyway it's still totally doable.

If there was a decent Battle Royale movie that lasted only two hours, I think 24 episodes would be plenty enough time to adapt the full manga in most of its details, if not all. That's 4 times the length of the movie after all.
Jun 2, 2015 3:44 PM

Nov 2014
Umibe no Onnanoko. Too kinky for animation.
Jun 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
Dexthepleb said:
umineko that's why the anime is so bad

I liked umineko.

And...
Not particularly that problem, but probably Akumetsu.
Lots of plot points they probably wouldn't want to air on tv. Like corruption of the government in every entity, and somewhat ridiculously long chapters (not necessarily chapters but arcs being in the same place for a long time?) Also the gore of it.
and http://myanimelist.net/manga/8652/Zankoku_na_Kami_ga_Shihai_suru
because it's too explicit.
dakotasapphireJun 2, 2015 4:18 PM
Jun 2, 2015 3:52 PM
Mar 2011
romagia said:
20th century boys yo

wont ever happen the live acton made so much in japan
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 2, 2015 3:53 PM
Mar 2011
DrCoppelius said:
Listing games that would work as an anime would probably be a shorter task. Most games just wouldn't translate well. Lots of them have bad or minimal storytelling since they emphasize gameplay over everything else.

As for manga, I think everything good could get a good adaptation. Some would just need a more skillful director.

thats western games that is in the main
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 2, 2015 3:56 PM
Mar 2011
machi/428 cuse of whoe the story is written in them games the interconection of the 7 lead in each game and how the story work owul not owrk i anime

Jun 2, 2015 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
FGAU1912 said:
romagia said:
20th century boys yo

wont ever happen the live acton made so much in japan

Hmm? I don't know much about the industry, but wouldn't that make it more likely to happen, if they know money is involved?

Well, I doubt it'd work well as an anime either way.
Jun 2, 2015 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
Thinking about it, I wonder if it would be perhaps possible to make a neat anime out of a game with minimal plot and that is focused on gameplay. With Rogue Legacy for instance (since it's the one I've been playing most lately), you could emphasize the labyrinthine and almost nightmarish quality of the dungeon. The protagonist's mental health slowly slips as he wanders through the maze and kills monsters day after day, until he begins to lose track of time and forgets whether it has been months or merely days since he's been in there.

There'd have to be some heavy modifications to make it watchable but I can't help but think it could be cool, although perhaps the atmosphere would be too 'video-gamey' to take seriously.
Jun 5, 2015 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
DrCoppelius said:
Thinking about it, I wonder if it would be perhaps possible to make a neat anime out of a game with minimal plot and that is focused on gameplay. With Rogue Legacy for instance (since it's the one I've been playing most lately), you could emphasize the labyrinthine and almost nightmarish quality of the dungeon. The protagonist's mental health slowly slips as he wanders through the maze and kills monsters day after day, until he begins to lose track of time and forgets whether it has been months or merely days since he's been in there.

There'd have to be some heavy modifications to make it watchable but I can't help but think it could be cool, although perhaps the atmosphere would be too 'video-gamey' to take seriously.

I don't know about the game you are talking about, but there have already been games that have like - 20% of an anime in them. Like Lunar Silver Star Story/Harmony... If you check out its cut-scenes, you find out that it is almost an anime turned into a game. That's why I think that such games should be converted into an anime, because they are halfway through already.

And about the kind of story you are talking about... Druaga no Tou seems a bit familiar.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

27 by BlueBullet178 »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

40 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
4 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

138 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 9 hours ago

13 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
5 minutes ago

» Guess the Deadly Sin of your Favorite characters in your profile

IpreferEcchi - Apr 9

20 by LeonhartAugust »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.