Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
I'm aware I'm posting this pretty damn early, it's still another 3 weeks until the E3 expo is held this year. But I'm already starting to get some anticipations on what gets announced.

It'll be between 16-18 of June, at the LA Convention Center: https://www.e3expo.com/home

So in the run-up to the event, what is everyone hoping for the most?
Would you like more information, footage/previews, release dates, etc. on un-released games we already know about?
Perhaps a sequel/continuation of a pre-existing franchise?

I'm personally hoping that Bethesda finally announces a 6th Elder Scrolls title. At the very least, I'd like to hear more on Fallout 4, and hopefully get some kind of release date or period.
May 28, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2014
Mr. Iwata making a special entrance even though he said he can't go this year.
May 28, 2015 10:46 AM

Oct 2014
An announcement of Fallout 4 would be the biggest thing to happen at E3 this year IF it does happen. The game is pretty much confirmed to be in development but Bethesda is doing their best to keep mum about it. It is very likely that the first ever press conference Bethesda would hold at E3 this year would be the Fallout 4 announcement. Another Elder Scrolls title? Possible but Bethesda fans right now are more interested in a return to the Wasteland once more.

Bethesda would also be doing more promos for the new DOOM game, that's for sure.
May 28, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
The Last Guardian.
May 28, 2015 11:39 AM
Mar 2011
nothing cuase most of the devs at E# matter shit to me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 28, 2015 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
There's going to be a lot of tech demos, unfinished products that will never see the light of day, boring racing games, a snore fest of sports games and whinning.

Lots and lots of whinning.

Basically it's going to be the same show from the last 3 years
May 28, 2015 11:56 AM

Nov 2008
TGS>E3

E3 is a joke, they don't even booth babes for fanservice anymore.

May 28, 2015 12:07 PM
Jan 2015
Tokyo Game Show is a joke compared to E3.

Normies go home
May 28, 2015 12:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
What I'm hyped for? Nothing probably
May 28, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2008
BlueScarf said:

Normies go home

E3 is a dudebro showcase of boredom, I'm surprised I can even stay awake through even half of E3.

May 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Sep 2011
I feel like square is the show that has the most potential to both be amazing or flop. But hey its going to have deus ex no doubt so im hyped.

Also I will loosely quote kyle bossman about the sony conference, hypothetically years from now what do tou want to say when someone says the question
"where were you when sony announced the last guardian a second time"

Will it happen this year or if ever? Probably not. But the point is if it does happen this year i dont want to miss that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 28, 2015 12:18 PM
Mar 2011
BlueScarf said:

Normies go home

cam you go to E3 no iu cannot while memmebr of the public in Japan can go to TGS and boots on the floor TGS gert more than E3 fact

look up your self
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 28, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
What I'm hyped for? Nothing probably
May 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Sep 2013
ginfoxface said:
The Last Guardian.

+1
Armored Core 6
Dawn of War 3
Follow sui-u on tumblr~ best tumblr all time!~ <3
http://sui-u.tumblr.com/
May 28, 2015 12:42 PM
Jan 2015
Normies defending Japanese mobile gaming showcases rather than actual game showcasing

LOL

TGS is going to be mobile gaming, more mobile gaming, and then mobile gaming.
May 28, 2015 12:46 PM
Mar 2011
BlueScarf said:
Normies defending Japanese mobile gaming showcases rather than actual game showcasing

LOL

TGS is going to be mobile gaming, more mobile gaming, and then mobile gaming.

alot of devs that have little todo witj mobile are at tgs just not one may people not in ot Japanese gaming owld have hred off and i dot mean casual japan gaming fomr he bigger stuios only

May 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
I lost hype in these game show. Been watching E3 for the last 4 years and nothing excited get announce, either that or Internet break the news before E3 happen.
May 28, 2015 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
ginfoxface said:
The Last Guardian.

Wow, you are optimistic as fuck. Game was announced almost 10 years ago and there hasn't been any new information aside from the "don't worry, we're still working on it!"

Seriously, what's the point of announcing a game when you're nowhere NEAR done? Speaking of taking forever to come out, FF15 better get a release date.
May 28, 2015 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
May 28, 2015 7:00 PM

May 2010
Resident Evil 7. I know 6 was a huge disappointment, and 5 wasn't the greatest, but I don't want this series to die.

Final Fantasy 15. We've already seen a fair bit in regards to FF15, and we'll probably be getting our demo's updated soon, but I want them to show off some amazing stuff for E3.

Persona 5. Does Atlus even have a presence at E3? I don't know, but I want some info.

Star Ocean 5. Seriously.

Whatever Nintendo is gonna show off. I don't even care what it is, I'm probably going to buy it. I'm not even throwing my money at them, I'm just super confident in them lately.

Heavensward for FF14 will be coming out June 19 technically, but I'd appreciate some representation at E3, even though I'll probably be watching E3 after I play Heavensward. I just want people to see it.

F-Zero.
May 28, 2015 7:03 PM

Sep 2011
Cakedog said:
ill get hyped when they announce the spin off where obsidian fixes all of the mainline game's problems

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 28, 2015 8:57 PM

Apr 2015
NotJizzyHitler said:
ill get hyped when they announce the spin off where obsidian fixes all of the mainline game's problems

Obsidian can't come near Fallout games anymore after they failed to meet the rating for their metacritic contract :(
May 28, 2015 9:19 PM
Sep 2007
Would like to see Metal Gear Solid 6 announced.
May 28, 2015 10:14 PM

Mar 2013
Thrashinuva said:
Resident Evil 7. I know 6 was a huge disappointment, and 5 wasn't the greatest, but I don't want this series to die.

Final Fantasy 15. We've already seen a fair bit in regards to FF15, and we'll probably be getting our demo's updated soon, but I want them to show off some amazing stuff for E3.

Persona 5. Does Atlus even have a presence at E3? I don't know, but I want some info.

Star Ocean 5. Seriously.

Whatever Nintendo is gonna show off. I don't even care what it is, I'm probably going to buy it. I'm not even throwing my money at them, I'm just super confident in them lately.

Heavensward for FF14 will be coming out June 19 technically, but I'd appreciate some representation at E3, even though I'll probably be watching E3 after I play Heavensward. I just want people to see it.

F-Zero.

RE7 with you but the series is in Identity crisis. Where to go with the story?
May 29, 2015 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
E3 is the most garbage convention I can think of, mainstream gaming industry is probably the most cancerous on the planet, there's no way I could stand to see another watercooler game consumer with a shit-eating grin talk about AAA games reading a script vetted for non-gamer dudebros and accountants.

Computex starts in a few days, now THAT is highlight of the year for a gamer.

SnugglyWhuggly said:
I'm personally hoping that Bethesda finally announces a 6th Elder Scrolls title.

Not gonna happen, well they may announce that they're in pre-production, but they're not even going to start developing it before Fallout 4 is out, because it's the same studio doing both franchises, and they're always going to be leap-frogging eachother. Skyrim was the last game by Bethesda Game Studios (not to be confused by Bethesda Softworks which is a publisher for multiple studios) and that means Fallout 4 is next.

Also, due to the generational shift in hardware, it's likely that both franchises are more delayed than the usual 3-year cycle.

They always release alternatingly Fallout and Elder Scrolls 3 years apart, which means Fallout 4 should come out before the end of 2015, and since it's not even been mentioned yet, I think it's safe to say that if it's announced at E3 it won't come out until next year at the earliest.

I expect a new engine for their next game, as they need to increase the memory limit to beyond 8GB like all the other developers of open world games have for the new hardware (GTA V, Dying Light and The Witcher 3 all use more than 8GB of RAM at the highest settings)
Red_TuesdayMay 29, 2015 1:47 AM
May 29, 2015 1:53 AM
May 2015
I have a feeling that if Fallout 4 isn't announced people gonna riot!
May 29, 2015 1:54 AM

Mar 2015
I am personally very excited for developers to lie to me.

I haven't paid too much attention to E3, I know Bethesda are doing something, so that could be cool. I look forward to some more Doom footage. And maybe they will shed some light on what Arkane is up to.

We'll see, Fallout 4 doesn't really excite me too much at the moment, maybe once I see some gameplay or something. But we could see Fallout 4 coming from miles away, and considering how the game market is nowadays it's hard for me to get hyped about anything.

RockerRollin said:
I have a feeling that if Fallout 4 isn't announced people gonna riot!

Yeah, this makes me kinda hope that it isn't announced, I think the shitstorm might be more entertaining to watch than the hypetrain.
May 29, 2015 2:07 AM
May 2009
No idea, but will probably watch just the Sony Conference and the Ubisoft conference this year. Nintendo might do their own streaming like last. So who knows.
Jun 2, 2015 9:16 PM

Sep 2014
So they're allegedly going to announce Dark Souls 3 at E3 this year: http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/02/source-miyazakis-dark-souls-3-ready-for-e3-announcement/

Assuming it's true, this makes me very, very pleased.
Jun 3, 2015 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
Hopefully Quantic Dream has something to show this year.

Few videos for anyone who wants to catch up on what they've been up to:

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Jun 4, 2015 2:35 PM
Mar 2014
I don't get excited for video games that aren't on the Wii U, so I can't really say too much. Hopefully Nintendo brings the heat again this year.

More topics from this board

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
9 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 2:54 PM

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

18 by FanofAction »»
Yesterday, 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.