Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 2015 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
Some of you may already know this, but Kuuchuu Buranko is actually based off of a book series by Hideo Okuda. There are three books in the series: In the Pool, Kuuchuu Buranko, and, according to Wikipedia, the last one is called Chōchō Senkyo.
Sadly, only one of books has been published in English - In the Pool.

I actually bought In the Pool about a year ago from Amazon and I really enjoyed it. It didn't have the anime's quirky art style and Irabu didn't change forms at all, but it was still an interesting read. And I still found Irabu to be an amusing character.
The episodes involving the man with the long-lasting erection, the boy addicted to his cellphone, and the man with OCD that constantly felt like checking his house were included in In the Pool. There were other chapters involving characters that weren't included in the anime.

So, has anyone else read In the Pool, and quite possibly the others if you understand Japanese? I would really like to read the others, but I'm not really skilled in Japanese at all. u_u;; Maybe they'll translate them into English someday?
Aug 15, 2017 1:14 PM
Feb 2017
Leruki said:
Some of you may already know this, but Kuuchuu Buranko is actually based off of a book series by Hideo Okuda. There are three books in the series: In the Pool, Kuuchuu Buranko, and, according to Wikipedia, the last one is called Chōchō Senkyo.

I actually bought In the Pool about a year ago from Amazon and I really enjoyed it. It didn't have the anime's quirky art style and Irabu didn't change forms at all, but it was still an interesting read. And I still found Irabu to be an amusing character.
The episodes involving the man with the long-lasting erection, the boy addicted to his cellphone, and the man with OCD that constantly felt like checking his house were included in In the Pool. There were other chapters involving characters that weren't included in the anime.

So, has anyone else read In the Pool, and quite possibly the others if you understand Japanese? I would really like to read the others, but I'm not really skilled in Japanese at all. u_u;; Maybe they'll translate them into English someday?

Can u tell me where did u read the first book in english ?
Aug 16, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
OmarElabd said:
Leruki said:

Can u tell me where did u read the first book in english ?

I actually bought a physical copy off of Amazon. I'm looking at the listing for it right now and it's literally asking for $500 at the moment. I DID NOT pay that much for it. It's been a few years but I think I paid around 40 for it....
https://www.amazon.com/Pool-Hideo-Okuda/dp/4925080946

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 3, 2009

60 by ManuelFragment »»
Apr 19, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2009

68 by owonism »»
Feb 18, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

94 by owonism »»
Feb 18, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2009

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

196 by Ronninn »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.