Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2015 7:44 AM

Feb 2014
It was announced that Aikatsu! idol anime franchise will be getting a new anime movie titled Aikatsu! Music Award: Minna de Shou wo MoracchaimaShow!. It will premiere on August 22.

The movie will present an Aikatsu! All-Star awards ceremony, where the cast will promote songs and stages throughout the anime series.

Staff
Director: Shinya Nishikida
Supervisor: Ryouichi Kimura
Stage Composition: Youichi Katou
Character Design: Hiroko Yaguchi
Studio: Bandai Namco Pictures

Source: Official site

News submitted by Kuhlmier_K

Aikatsu! Music Award: Minna de Shou wo MoracchaimaShow! on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 12:47 AM

May 27, 2015 7:44 AM

May 2015
more material for the lolicons

May 27, 2015 8:04 AM
Mar 2015
More material for my drop list.
May 27, 2015 8:05 AM

Feb 2011
Looking forward to it! After 134 episodes, Aikatsu has yet to get dull for me.

The first movie should be out on Blu-ray soon too.
May 27, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2013
More material for my 9/10 score :)
May 27, 2015 8:12 AM

Jan 2013
Isn't this milking?
May 27, 2015 8:24 AM
Mar 2014
Klad said:
Isn't this milking?
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's being milked. I mean, I hate Pretty Cure, but that franchise has an insane amount of movies and seasons with no end in sight, so I don't bother saying anything about it. Aikatsu is currently bringing in more money than PreCure (and recently inspired its own Sunrise subdivision), so this announcement should really be no surprise.
May 27, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
vodall said:
Klad said:
Isn't this milking?
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's being milked. I mean, I hate Pretty Cure, but that franchise has an insane amount of movies and seasons with no end in sight, so I don't bother saying anything about it. Aikatsu is currently bringing in more money than PreCure (and recently inspired its own Sunrise subdivision), so this announcement should really be no surprise.
Wow calm down, I hadn't heard of Aikatsu not too long ago. Simply asked a question whether they were just making mindless sequels or side stories. But alright
May 27, 2015 8:42 AM
Mar 2014
Klad said:
vodall said:
Wow calm down, I hadn't heard of Aikatsu not too long ago. Simply asked a question whether they were just making mindless sequels or side stories. But alright

Nah, my point was just that it's silly to question milking when it comes to kids' anime, since they can easily go on forever. I apologize if it came off as any harsher than that.
May 27, 2015 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
I might get back to the Aikatsu franchise someday. That trailer looks interesting.
May 27, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
I would be hype but I'm way behind, awesome news though!
May 27, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2011
No more Ichigo? I'm gonna keep watching the series!
May 27, 2015 12:14 PM

Oct 2007
Klad said:
Isn't this milking?

It's a multimedia franchise aimed at little girls (and uncles) that encompasses games, toys, anime and music that relies on a constant stream of content delivery in order to keep the whole thing going so no not really. This isn't like your typical late night anime affair that has occasional seasons and the sole product is the anime disc itself, it's working on a much higher market level than the vast majority of anime (I think the projection was 12.1 billion yen for 2014 or close to 100 Million USD) so it needs a certain level of upkeep to stay strong. I forget the revenue level for it but last I check it makes more than Precure.
May 27, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
St4nley said:
Geeez, So many good mangas without adaptations like Vinland Saga, 20th century boys, Vagabond, Oyasumi Punpun and many others but they still adapt those animes. I'm losing my faith in the anime industry :/

20th Century Boys had 3 successful live-action movies.

Also just because it's not you're type of series doesn't mean it can't be good. The world doesn't have to cater to your tastes.

OT: is it required to be familiar with the TV series to watch this movie?
May 27, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2013
I hade the biggest the smile on my face when I read that news title, but the trailer kinda makes it seem like it's just going to be a bunch of random performances. I really hope that this is not the case. : /
May 27, 2015 1:05 PM
Mar 2014
SuperRed said:

That depends on how it goes. For now, I'd say the best quick introduction is to watch the first movie, which will be released and subbed in a week or two. It's intended to be an epilogue of the first 100-ish episodes, so I'm guessing it'll be easy to follow for non-fans.
May 27, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
They kind of announced it at the end of the first movie (after the credit roll it said they would make a second one, basically). But glad to have something more official, even though the trailer doesn't really reveal much.

WingsOfValor said:
I hade the biggest the smile on my face when I read that news title, but the trailer kinda makes it seem like it's just going to be a bunch of random performances. I really hope that this is not the case. : /

The summary sentence really sounds like it is a recap or something =/
May 27, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
vodall said:
SuperRed said:

That depends on how it goes. For now, I'd say the best quick introduction is to watch the first movie, which will be released and subbed in a week or two. It's intended to be an epilogue of the first 100-ish episodes, so I'm guessing it'll be easy to follow for non-fans.

Much appreciated answer, thank you.
May 27, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Eh....idols huh.
May 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
More aidoru katsudou and more Sumire is always a good thing.

Aikatsu saving anime as always
May 27, 2015 5:49 PM

Aug 2013
More movie, more series, more drop. it is not will change anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 11:57 PM

Jun 2008
St4nley said:
Geeez, So many good mangas without adaptations like Vinland Saga, 20th century boys, Vagabond, Oyasumi Punpun and many others but they still adapt those animes. I'm losing my faith in the anime industry :/

The amount of ignorance in this post is off the charts.

Grusomhed said:

Why would you add a movie from a series you don't watch to your dropped list? How do you drop something you never started?
May 28, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2014
I haven't seen the first movie yet because there's an absence of subs for it, waiting for it to get subbed. Hope the new movie is more than just a recap or a random bundle of songs. It'd be a wasted opportunity! Still, I'm quite excited.
May 28, 2015 4:37 AM
Mar 2015
Redfoxoffire said:

Grusomhed said:

Why would you add a movie from a series you don't watch to your dropped list? How do you drop something you never started?

I use it as the won't watch list.
May 28, 2015 6:31 AM

Oct 2011
Antwann said:
I haven't seen the first movie yet because there's an absence of subs for it, waiting for it to get subbed. Hope the new movie is more than just a recap or a random bundle of songs. It'd be a wasted opportunity! Still, I'm quite excited.
English subs? I've seen that movie subbed already.

St4nley said:
Wait what... how making series aimed at little girls, which main goal is to sell toys, games and whatnot does stop industry from making any of above? That is kind of stupid.
May 28, 2015 7:15 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm ok with them movie just as long as Ran/Ichigo and of course Aoi all get good amount of screen time. What does make me curious, is if the season 2 girls will be shown again.

May 28, 2015 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
The amount of prejudice in this thread against this show (from people who haven't seen it) is almost painful.

St4nley said:

Iirc, aikatsu is not even an adaptation of anything/is mostly anime-original despite having games or whatever, so that probably does not even really apply.
skapandiMay 28, 2015 3:21 PM
May 28, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
I'm hard.
May 28, 2015 9:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
skapandi said:
The amount of prejudice in this thread against this show (from people who haven't seen it) is almost painful.

St4nley said:

Iirc, aikatsu is not even an adaptation of anything/is mostly anime-original despite having games or whatever, so that probably does not even really apply.

I'm a bit biased but Aikatsu is one of the only shows I know that truly excels in showing what true idols are. It shows what idols do when they are not at school, they are mature enough to see each other as rivals when competing against each other yet still friends, and the dedication to their training these girls put is outstanding.

May 28, 2015 9:33 PM

May 2015
Guys. why not check it before judging or criticizing it. Right? ;)
TyrelMay 29, 2015 1:00 PM
Jun 7, 2015 2:45 AM

Sep 2008
Anime is a hobby for grown-ups. Why should little girls be allowed to even have anime like this movie, and spoil the enjoyment of grown men?
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.