Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 23, 2015 8:00 PM

Feb 2010
Akarin said:
Shishio-kun said:
You know also maybe someone on an anime blog/site has posted your list as a good source and you're getting views that way too. They do that sometimes and you have a lot of titles.

It does make sense.

I miscalculated a little about 1k views, actually it was around ~300 views, since I found a screenshot of my panel from a month ago.
But still 300 per day is a lot, when usually it was around 5-15.

300 is alot yeah, even for popular ppl whose lists get many legit views.
May 23, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2006
Akarin said:
Shishio-kun said:
You know also maybe someone on an anime blog/site has posted your list as a good source and you're getting views that way too. They do that sometimes and you have a lot of titles.

It does make sense.

I miscalculated a little about 1k views, actually it was around ~300 views, since I found a screenshot of my panel from a month ago.
But still 300 per day is a lot, when usually it was around 5-15.

Very likely, I was thinking this aswell. Do you perhaps have your sig list banner thing linking to your list on any other forums you go to?
リスト 。。

May 23, 2015 8:08 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
Kira said:
Very likely, I was thinking this aswell. Do you perhaps have your sig list banner thing linking to your list on any other forums you go to?

I don't. I don't even visit any other anime-related forums.
May 23, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2015
Then who gives a crap?

If you dont want info viewed, dont publish it. It's as simple as that.
May 23, 2015 8:19 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
aloricg said:
Then who gives a crap?

I have friends who know my profile. I have friends here on mal with whom I discuss anime.
That's why I do not want making my list private.

And when somebody clicks the list all day long, it kills the purpose of the list counter, because I can't tell the real list counts I got.
I wish there was an option to make profile public only to friends, like it's done to comments.
May 23, 2015 8:22 PM

Feb 2015
Akarin said:
aloricg said:
Then who gives a crap?

I have friends who know my profile. I have friends here on mal with whom I discuss anime.
That's why I do not want making my list private.

And when somebody clicks the list all day long, it kills the purpose of the list counter, because I can't tell the real list counts I got.
I wish there was an option to make profile public only to friends, like it's done to comments.

How do you know it's someone clicking it all day and not a cat or someone who sat on a keyboard or a web crawler bot?

No one has attacked you, no one here knows anything about you, and your list has nothing to actually do with you.

What? They're gonna predict your next purchase and find you at the anime store and reach for the same title at the same time as you and OMG - you live in a harem anime?

No, grow up. The world doesn't revolve around you and this is just a weird quirk.
May 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Oct 2012
Des said:
Akarin said:
This is not a joke. I can't be sure whether it was a bot or a human, of course.

Strange thing, he/it didn't click profile, only animelist.

How do you know he didn't visit your profile?

Join Date April 25, 2008
Access Rank Member
Anime List Views 7,545
Manga List Views 1,195
Comments 2,380
Forum Posts 1,984 (Find All)

As far as I can tell, there is no "Profile view" counter.

Maybe you were just very popular that day.
You should be happy someone noticed you Akarin xD

Greasemonkey script thing?

It's easy. I don't HAVE to go to your profile to go to your anime list. All I need to do is type animelist instead of profile and I'll go straight there.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
May 23, 2015 8:28 PM
Mahou☆Shoujo

Apr 2011
aloricg said:
How do you know it's someone clicking it all day and not a cat or someone who sat on a keyboard or a web crawler bot?

No one has attacked you, no one here knows anything about you, and your list has nothing to actually do with you.

What? They're gonna predict your next purchase and find you at the anime store and reach for the same title at the same time as you and OMG - you live in a harem anime?

No, grow up. The world doesn't revolve around you and this is just a weird quirk.

You seem like can't read at all. I said that I was interested in real views I got, otherwise what's the purpose of these list views count to begin with?

And you're not my mom to tell me to grow up. We're on jap. cartoons site, why can't I behave childish sometimes?
May 23, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
Wish I had such a devoted kouhai
May 23, 2015 8:33 PM

Feb 2010
Akarin said:

Ultra private profile would be nice for a lot of ppl. Cuz everytime you add an anime, you're shown at the bottom of the page and everyone can see you even if you're being anonymous as possible lol. afaik there's no way to prevent that. Its also good for those who want to participate in the forum but not be bothered on their profile or have their taste known
May 23, 2015 8:40 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Locked
Thread responses are still going off-topic despite saying so, and the topic has already been answered according to the OP.

I swear my lock button is broken. -Relocked-.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Backup

Vapor_AU - 48 minutes ago

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
33 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3368 by L2Dragon »»
2 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

125 by traed »»
4 hours ago

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.