Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 23, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel kinda bad for White...

Zapp was fabulous as usual with women XD. I'm glad to see the series gave K.K. more highlight though as she was sort of in the background. It also highlighted some of the dangers of Hellsalem's Lot with all type of society beings being part of it.

That womb egg also was pretty creepy.

Lovely action overall and well directed with the blood style attacks. I found this episode to be one of the most unorthodox yet. Zapp always so fabulous with a big belly too :D

May 23, 2015 12:11 PM

Apr 2015
Poor Zapp in this episode, really. His relationship with his Master is nice. And it seems Black (William?) has had that guy with him ever since their parents were killed? Looks like some shit will go down next week.
May 23, 2015 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
Zapp is fun to watch. I think this is the episode I laughed the most!!

So Black and White went through the same thing as Leo and his sister... :(

White is suffering in the preview, I really hope she is alright! (But I fear we will lose her at the end because she is an anime-only character...)
KuriniMay 23, 2015 12:21 PM
May 23, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
Really interesting ep. We finally get some info.

Zapps parts were lol XD Just seeing him hanging and technically talking shit about himself was priceless lol

No wonder he wants freedom though after all those nightmare sessions XD

Chain trolling saying either to hospital or funeral was lol

Zapp's groin area being red on heat imaging was friggin lol

The talk between Black and White was really interesting. So Black really wasn't tricking Leo. It's just a different persona?
Barion-ZaraMay 23, 2015 3:22 PM
May 23, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode, still so much that is unexplained. I want more interactions between Leo and White.
May 23, 2015 1:22 PM

Feb 2014
Just another day in a life of a Zapp...

Really liked the episode, but I hope they explain what's going on.
May 23, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
Huh. So that is what the Gestaltzerfall effect is.

The circumstances that occurred to Black / William sounds very similar to what happened to Leo, right down to the little sister who has a physical ailment.
May 23, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
Hah that scene with Zapp was amazing, I almost felt sorry for him (˃᷄ꇴ˂᷅ ૂ๑)
He's pretty strong though as long as there is a women nearby :P

So black has two personalities, now that explains some situations. It also seems like he chose to accept some power between him and white, likely the reason why she had a gun in that flashback.
May 23, 2015 1:43 PM

Dec 2014
I like Black and White's backstory, I don't know if they can flesh it out w/ only 4 eps left though, especially when Kekkai Sensen is such a fast-paced show.

BTW, Zapp's boner made my day
[spoiler]
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
Ok so White and Black were in a situation similar to Leo and Michella, but unlike Leo, Black was able to sacrifice himself. That's gonna sting like hell if/when Leo finds out. And poor Zapp. Those insults from his Master were painful to HEAR, let alone receive.

Halfway though the episode, I suddenly remembered that Trigun wasn't as happy-go-lucky a plot as nostalgia tricked me into thinking. A lot of people died. I'm absolutely frightened for Blood Blockade Battlefront now.

But man, just knowing White is an anime-original character is really confusing me when I think how scenes played out in the White-less manga.
RediceRyan said:
Pretty good episode, still so much that is unexplained. I want more interactions between Leo and White.
Was it not obvious? The King of Despair's plan is to break the seal around Hellsalem's Lot and further join the 2 worlds. ... Which doesn't sound evil. Hmmm ok you were right.

edit: Oh and of course, I gotta give my weekly compliments to Chain. She seriously needs a larger role.
Old_RavenMay 23, 2015 1:53 PM
May 23, 2015 2:19 PM

Apr 2011
Zapp is so funny I just lmao the whole episode.
May 23, 2015 2:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Fuckin Zapp man ...
I laughed so fkin hard when he translated what his master was saying about him and the termal view.
This ep was awesome.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 23, 2015 2:57 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Damnit! I wanted to see how hot Angelica is too! Zapp suddenly became badass after hearing she wanted to "go crazy" with him. Little did he know, Chain trolled him hard!
That boner though.. His crotch appearing red on infrared view had me dying! XD

Looks like Black and White experienced the same phenomenon as Leo and Michella. The end result is just different. While Leo receive those eyes, (William) Black probably was offered to share his body with the King of Despair.

Decent episode. White seems to be suffering in the PV. Hopefully she won't die.

May 23, 2015 3:14 PM

Sep 2013
Every episode of Kekkai Sensen amaze me.They're doing a real great job at integrating humor in action whithout slowing down on the plot. The way they manage the comedy/angst is amazing as well; you just go from Zapp's fat belly and boner to White and Black wrecking back story and everything feels so smooth and nothing is out of place. This show really needs to go on longer, much much longer.
May 23, 2015 3:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like Zapp's daily routine, and going by what we found out about his training years, I don't even blame him for living like that lol

This master guy is badass O_O His fight with that Blood Breed was too amazing but I love his personality the most xD It's so funny how he and pretty much everyone talked badly about Zapp....Poor guy lololol

Seeing Zapp go to work only because he thought that his crush wanted his D was too funny yet awesome at the same time...Everything about that scene was too funny and I liked hearing that he's really powerful but is just lazy xD

The stuff with White and Black really had me shocked, their past was really sad but damn, I wonder what's going on with them and the split personality of Black =o

Overall, this episode was fucking fantastic
May 23, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
So we got a little more of an explanation about Black and White's past. Hopefully we get to see more in the coming weeks......

Zapp is the best character ever. That was hilarious when his crotch was red in the thermal view. This anime is amazing, so glad I decided to watch it. Definitely one of my favorites this season. Can't wait for next week
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 23, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2015
Hm... It seems like Black and White share some similarities with Leo's past. This is getting really interesting.
May 23, 2015 4:31 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Zapp is a fucking king, laughed at all his scenes. His boner LOL

I feel bad for White and Black.
May 23, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
I love Zapp. That blood rush lol.
May 23, 2015 4:47 PM

Apr 2014
I fucking died during this scene

May 23, 2015 4:53 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:

Yes yes yes
So much Zapp awesomeness as usual
May 23, 2015 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Zapp in this episode.

Lol @ his relationship with his master.
May 23, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
I liked Zappp's lifestyle in the beginning up into the huge belly.
kevoofvi said:

BTW, Zapp's boner made my day

so many laughs, even the phone call part.
---------My Profile------------
May 23, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2014
Very interesting contrast between Black and Leo and their relationships with their sisters. I wonder if Black shares his body and consciousness with a Blood Breed? The blue swirling light and White with a gun in her hand was very mysterious. The soundtrack is so unusual and so well matched with the mounting action and intrigue.

Zapp's master finding his pupil a complete slob was pretty funny.
GanbatteBakemonoMay 23, 2015 6:52 PM
May 23, 2015 7:45 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Zapp

I wonder if Black and White have some sort of connection to Leo?
May 23, 2015 7:47 PM

Feb 2014
That boner, lol.
As expected of Zapp !

Also, it seems White/Mary wants to play along with Black's schemes in order to separate him from William's body. And probably it has something to do with the great collapse incident from three years ago, which caused Mary and William's parent death....

I wonder what is he planning....maybe he wants to remove the barrier and continue the collapse so he can get out from William's body ?

If that's the case, then it's reasonable why White wants to play along with black's grandiose schemes....maybe that's the reason why White approaching Leo...because they needs Leo's eyes.
May 23, 2015 7:47 PM

Jul 2014
This episode is nothing but perfect. Seriously, I want more Cain (if thats her name), she's hilarious.
"Hi!"
May 23, 2015 8:11 PM

Nov 2012
Another great episode.
Jaywalker.
May 23, 2015 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
vikki7783 said:
Z4k said:

Yes yes yes
So much Zapp awesomeness as usual

XD

May 23, 2015 8:39 PM
Sep 2014
Z4k said:

That had me laughing quite a lot xDDD Zapp is "todo un loquillo" as we would say in Spanish, hahahaha
So this was yet another fast paced episode, like most of them have been.
I still don't quite get what happened to Leo's sister, but I'm assuming it was something along the lines of what happened to Black and White, judging by that scene? What happened to them? Are Black and Leo's sister possessed by demons or something like that?

May 23, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
I just realized the episode was part I by watching the preview, lel.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 23, 2015 10:58 PM

Oct 2011
Zapp is a funny one! Love his scenes in this ep.

Z4k said:

+1! XD
May 23, 2015 11:26 PM
Aug 2014
Lmao this episode

Z4k said:

+ 2. Also manga (actual boner inside)

Close enough XD. The episode was hilarious and a good build up for things to come. Zapp and Chain are best characters.
Zapp's master is really good. I wonder if Z the other disciple will have attacks similar to Zapp.

I really feel sad for White and Black. Starting next episode it seems the events from 3 years are going to reoccur again since the Blood breed or whatever lives inside Black is "finishing" his great collapse. I'm excited to see what's coming next. 5/5 episode for me this week.
May 23, 2015 11:49 PM

Jul 2014
Hhahahaha, What the fuck.
I laughed in every damn Zap's scenes, He is too hilarious. His master is too awesome, He even abused Zap so hard that made him cried about his Daily Routine of having a nothing for good life LOL

Chain's troll was awesome, the part when her phone was ringing I knew it's either a troll or a real conversation with Angelica. I died at Zap's boner scenes LOOOOL.

What a fucking great episode as usual, So Black is having a split personality, eh ? So him and his sister had the same experience as Leo in the past. I'd love to see more about their background story in the coming episode. White is suffering in the Preview, I hope she doesn't die soon..

May 24, 2015 12:09 AM

Aug 2013
Oh yeah shit is getting real in next week's episode. This episode is great and I'm glad that Black(the good one) is a devoted brother toward White. His split personality is getting more and more interesting. And I hope I get more episodes of Leo and White s he can learn more about White and Black's past.
May 24, 2015 12:44 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Zapp is a boss.

Entertaining episode all around. At least we got more of White and Black's deal. Still sort of confused what happened, but we'll see what happens next.

Looks like an Alucard looking guy is coming to town. Should be fun.
May 24, 2015 1:25 AM

Aug 2008
Funniest episode. Freaking awesome. Zapp and Chain best character.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 24, 2015 1:44 AM

Jan 2011
god Zapp is such a piece of shit but hes great to watch lol

that scene had me dying ^ only thing Zapp seems to think with
May 24, 2015 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
Zapp really is the funniest character in the show, especially cos of how he was suddenly able to perfectly concentrate cos he thought he'd get some sex with Angelica (did we ever see her face?). Other than that, the new character was pretty odd but also pretty badass, and it looks like the plot's really moving along now. So Black and Blank are alternate personalities and came to be in a similar way to how Leo gained the All-Seeing Eyes Of The Gods? I can't wait to see what consequences this has for everyone in Hellsalem's Lot.
May 24, 2015 3:13 AM

Jun 2013
I love how Zapp stayed fat throughout the episode hahahaahah
May 24, 2015 3:50 AM

Jan 2015
This was a great episode! Zapp is a delight to watch, and his relationship with his master was funny.
Also, good action scenes, and we learning more and more about White and Black.
May 24, 2015 4:35 AM

Dec 2010
The development with Black and White was interesting. So it seems like it was Blank Leo met on the train not Black. Also, their real names are William and Mary. Makes sense I suppose!

Anyway poor Zapp never getting a break, but he did bring it on himself, literally. Chain's prank was really useful. But I REALLY want her to get more development or screen time or some thing, she has so much potential...
May 24, 2015 4:50 AM

May 2013
Zapp LOL! He has his ways with women I see. He did go awesome just killing that thing with the numerous eyes. The way he climbed those rubble was so ridiculous.
His translation scene was hilarious. Taking him for an idiot was a good call.
I like Black's dark side. It suits him better with his hair up like that. Something quite tragic happened with him and White when they lost their parents. I kinda like where this is going.
May 24, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2014
Anyone else is shipping Zapp and Inui ? I totally am.
Besides a pretty fast paced episode as always and love seeing Zapp and his antics he sure is gem of a character in this series and his master is well um..weird. The plot is developing smoothly but it is still vague how they gonna advance it. This series is no.1 on my spot for spring 2015 barring sequels :D
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 24, 2015 6:42 AM

Dec 2010
...LOL this episode was made to make fun of Zapp and there even a part 2 LOL

...the entire cast is almost complete
May 24, 2015 8:06 AM

Jan 2014
LOL!!!! This episode was nothing short of fabolous, the quick, flashy and overboard narrative still sells well and here it sells more than in any other episode (the closest ones being the 1st and the episode where Queen of Monomania came?)

I enjoyed every second of Zapp's degenerated nature (that boner there LMAO). But if I could be more honest, I enjoyed a lot more the continous verbal assault inflicted upon him by his master, it was way too funny:

"Look at this. This shit here is my disciple, yet he is a pile of garbage, that even the most rotten and nauseating excrement on earth wouldn't compare with how disgusting he is" and something like that but for extended periods of times. LOL!!
I rewatch that part because it is way too funny.

The sad part are White and Black though, something is going very wrong there. With one of the 13 kings possessing Black.
May 24, 2015 11:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Zapp is a comedy god. Hilarious guy. It was a nice touch when they didn't show us the face of the girl at KFC.

The comedy works much better for me than the White/Black drama to be honest.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Oh my, this episode had me in stitches. I find it amazing how Bones manages to adapt this much humour into Kekkai Sensen... Zapp.

So, we saw a little more back-story/development on some characters, leading us closer towards the basis of the plot.

4 episodes left, I hope they don't rush it and screw it up. It has so much potential, so if they step carefully they could make the best Spring 2015 anime Kekkai Sensen, in my opinion.

The random faces Zapp pulls just kills me. Literally.
May 24, 2015 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
Zapp is my favorite <3

Leonardo and Klaus are cool too.
May 24, 2015 2:32 PM

Aug 2010
fucking l o l
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.