Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2015 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I want to hear more of the fry song :(

Already a fan of sassy new girl
May 22, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
Jousuke's man tears ;_;

Not sure I feel about this new girl tbh. I want to know more about her though especially since if she knew Kira from somewhere.
May 22, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
Yukako 2.0 or Kars 2.0?
Certainly an interesting new character though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 22, 2015 3:37 PM

May 2015
Nidhoeggr said:
Yukako 2.0

Obviously,

I love how we got these scene:

on the same day with the anime's current episode

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 22, 2015 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
Yukako 2.0 or Kars 2.0?
Certainly an interesting new character though.

A problematic girl. I want know some more thing too, but she will bring more problems than answers. lol

I was find funny when Jousuke sing.
May 22, 2015 10:03 PM

Dec 2009
jousuke shouldn't have lend this bum some money
May 23, 2015 7:41 AM

Jul 2010
Yeah, she totally reminds Yukako, even her behavior but let's not jump the gun again.

Anyway, Yasuho and Josuke's moment was so damn cute.
best couple of the universe btw

Pupu-Hotpot said:

I don't think he cares about money, and if he can keep her around with just money then it's all better so he can get some info from her. And hopefully we readers will be able to understand a little more of Gappy's backstory after this arc.
May 23, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Oooo-wee! Little by little, Jojolion is winning me over. From the earlier chapters, I knew this was going to be more quieter in presentation than the previous part. But. But here, on this "breather" chapter, Araki's use of composition shone through to me more than ever. More minimal line-work, more negative space with nothing in it, and a couple more close-ups for good measure. Seriously. A page dedicated to a bubble pursuing a butt. The connection was there (bubble butt, bubble butt...) but the circumstances only Araki could write up.

I said this was a breather chapter but there were still some moments of build up that had me engaged and pleasantly surprised. Like when Yasuho is excited to see Josuke but Josuke doesn't even notice her at first and we get the cute scene of them crying and laughing some pages later. Another moment happens with the cook and Karera. We can already guess she's a stand user but we're not sure why until we see her forcefully persuading the cook to pinch "it." I had no idea what to expect but that strand of hair instantly brought forth the Yukako connection. Even the names have a similar gist to 'em.

Akanezora said:

Pupu-Hotpot said:

I don't think he cares about money, and if he can keep her around with just money then it's all better so he can get some info from her. And hopefully we readers will be able to understand a little more of Gappy's backstory after this arc.

All I heard when I read this chapter was "Kiss" by Prince. Fitting.
Don't have to be rich to be my girl. .
capricious_saladMay 23, 2015 10:04 AM

May 24, 2015 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
Catching up with Jojo is a horrible feeling. It's pretty hard to have to wait a month before reading the newest chapter.
The new character looks interesting and she seems to knows about Kira and Jousuke's other half. I wonder if she has also any connection with the rock men or Jobin?
May 24, 2015 4:31 PM

Jun 2010
While first impressions would suggest that this Karera chick is an eccentric lifestyle leading, frivolous spending scammer who just sought Josuke out based on some personal obsession, it seems like she may know more about his situation than what she's letting on. For what reason is unclear at this stage, but is probably going to be revealed next time.

It was also great seeing Josuke and Yasuho together again, they really are an adorable pair of characters. It'd be interesting ifYasuho decided to follow Josuke with Paisley Park and came to his aide when the inevitable confrontation with Miss Manic Pixie Girl happens. Seeing the two of them directly assisting each other in a fight is something I desperately want to see, especially since Yasuho is now aware of her stand's existence.

Finally Tsurugi...urgh. I'm trying really hard to like you, but you keep giving me reasons to be put off. It's really weird how sexualised a 9 year old boy is acting towards someone nearly twice his age X_X.
WandererReduxMay 24, 2015 4:35 PM
May 27, 2015 9:48 AM
Sep 2012
So does anyone know if that fry song was from anything? I tried googling but came up empty, they have already kinda sung "Bicycle Race" this part so I assumed that it would also be a reference to an actual song, I'm so confused how it's supposed to sound because Yasuho describes it as "wonderful" but anyway I try to sing it in my head it just come out sounding bad lol.
"Whatever the problem is, I'll solve it by burning it!" - Magical Kyoko Flame
May 27, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
AaronCruse said:
So does anyone know if that fry song was from anything? I tried googling but came up empty, they have already kinda sung "Bicycle Race" this part so I assumed that it would also be a reference to an actual song, I'm so confused how it's supposed to sound because Yasuho describes it as "wonderful" but anyway I try to sing it in my head it just come out sounding bad lol.

Probably it's original, like Mozzarella's song of Gyro.
May 28, 2015 2:07 AM
May 2015
Nice chapter, really curious to find out who's this girl, I mean she doesn't interest me that much as a character of her own but she certaintly knows something about Josuke.
May 28, 2015 3:10 AM

Feb 2012
Finally our JoJo is back. With what is the equivalent of SBRs Pizza Mozarella song, no less.
May 29, 2015 12:28 PM
Mar 2014
I loved every sec of this chapter. Glad to have Josuke back
May 30, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2014
sechan... where could the se- come from? I don't know japanese names so I have no idea what it could be.

I like jo2uke a lot but did being dug up without any memories include inability to recognize good booty... he snubs yasuho and karera (even though neither of their affections is really his agenda rn...) Disappointing.

I think karera will end up fighting yasuho actually. she will follow josuke and see the girl, and they know eachother. then karera says "sechan why are you hanging around her!!?" then yasuho will say "sechan?? josuke why do you know her??" then they will fight because karera tricked yasuho's family business out of a lot of money.
"madoka magica is just so ridiculous I mean who is going to believe such a shoddy melodramatic tragedy could have any commercial or moral value"

Sep 2, 2015 11:28 PM
Aug 2011
The Gappys and the Zeppelis of the world sure do enjoy singing a little food jingle.
Dec 2, 2017 4:25 AM

Feb 2013
Mozarella rella rella vs I like large fries.
Gyro wins the singing battle.
Aug 19, 2020 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
What a beautiful song! xD

Hah, this girl is gonna be Yukako in SBR universe for sure. :D
Jul 7, 2021 1:58 PM

Jan 2021
loved the chapter, hated the hair girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2021 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Crazy girlfriend with a hair stand? Yeah, I can see why people compare her to Yukako. She'll be a lot of trouble, I can tell. Hopefully Josuke can get some information out of her, though.

Also kind of heartbreaking how Josuke and Yasuho met after all this time (though it can't be THAT long, right?) only for Josuke to wander off again. But oh well.

Aug 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Mar 2021
Why did Araki spoil the Stand in the post-chapter page lol. He usually explains the ability AFTER the stand is shown

Jan 30, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2020
Awww Yashuo and Josuke are so cute together. That new bitch ugh i dont like her she is a big bitch lmao if Josuke leaves Yashuo bc of that new bitch.......
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 29, 2022 5:26 AM

Sep 2020
That moment between yasuho and jo2uke was wholesome
Jan 20, 2023 1:09 PM
Jun 2022
The fishies on new lady's hat I love them
Oct 16, 2023 6:39 PM
Apr 2020
Holy shit amazing chapter, Josuke and Yasuho FINALLY seeing each other again was great, but someone who finally knew Josuke! awesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.