Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp I expected the amount of fan service this episode just because it's at the onsens.

Wonder if BDs will remove the mist though. And a bit of karaoke as well. Asahina in a nut shell lol. They sure look like they were having a lot of fun though. I'm jealous D:

May 22, 2015 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
Wow @ that lady carries many luggage and Yuki-chan is amazed at golden statue. "Omiai Bath"?! ... lol~ girls are amazed at big breast girl's big breast. lol @ OnoD's character touching main guy's skin. What the.. @ the messy and fast ping pong tournament. Yuki-chan vs. Haruhi for final and Yuki-chan won. Then to karaoke. They left the main guy alone...

Then to dinner. Driver also does cook?! Free time, and main guy and Yuki-chan got brief Omiai bath alone time until others join.

That usual summer adventure time next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 22, 2015 11:40 AM

May 2013
I lol'd when the guys left the room as Kyon was about to sing. Good episode.
May 22, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2014
Missed a good chance for haruhi to sing god knows ;_;

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 22, 2015 1:53 PM

May 2013
Poor Koizumi, if I was there, I'd play with him.
May 22, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
DarkYazawa said:
Poor Koizumi, if I was there, I'd play with him.

Koizumi just wants to "play" with kyon in this AU...

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 22, 2015 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm I might be strange, I can understand when people don't like this Anime, basically nothing going on at all but especially this episode...was just sooo relaxing, I could really feel them spending their time there and having fun, I got infected by the mood^^
Anybody feels the same?
May 22, 2015 2:08 PM
Apr 2013
I kept expecting something to go wrong with that matchmaking thing in the bath :P
Speaking of which, what happened at the very end? What went by at the end when it opened randomly?

Also I find it very suspicious that everyone working at the inn are Koizumi's "friends" from the original series.
May 22, 2015 2:19 PM
Jul 2009
so BORING.. there is absolutly no fun dialogue/interaction between the members..
May 22, 2015 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ the guys left the room when Kyon is about to sing.
May 22, 2015 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
DAT ENDLESS EIGHT REFERENCE

The awkward moment between Kyon and the cleaning lady killed me, lol.
May 22, 2015 3:32 PM

Feb 2014
Chill episode I guess, nothing really happened, but I had some good laughs, especially when everyone left the room and Kyon was singing to the cleaning lady.
May 22, 2015 3:55 PM

Aug 2009
After the Valentine Day ep, now the Onsen one, I guess they'll not spare us any typic romance trop.
But more important, Koizumi relatives, what the hell ?!? He knew them only by the ESPER Agency, in this world he can't. I mean, this is a fan spin off okay, but it's like they say "yeah fuck logic !".

Matchmaking bath, do such a thing even exist in the world~
Tsuruya haircut-for-bath was nice. Kyon singing alone and Kyon/Koizumi moments were fun.

Not quite happy with the "references", they feel really forced like "we have to put this number somewhere so people will laugh at this obvious reference" and they just place it without interesting context.
Ah also well no comment on the "I'll go take a bath" of Kyon & Nagato at the same time, not even bothering to get a valid excuse to place the 2 characters in this situation I guess.

And best moment :
ZiassanMay 22, 2015 4:18 PM
May 22, 2015 4:18 PM

Apr 2011
NTAD said:
DAT ENDLESS EIGHT REFERENCE

The awkward moment between Kyon and the cleaning lady killed me, lol.

Where was there a reference to that?
May 22, 2015 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
KevinRammstein said:

Where was there a reference to that?

But not very subtle, felt a bit forced so their is some reference.
May 22, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
I really liked the subtle references in this one. Also a really nice touch having Mikuru sing her character song. But no Kentai Life Returns from Kyon. Aww.

Overall, I'd say the anime handled this one better than the manga.
May 22, 2015 6:22 PM

Apr 2015

BAD TOUCH! BAD TOUCH
May 22, 2015 6:28 PM

Dec 2011
Wait... from which chapter was this episode from? Certainly not from chapter 22-23.

But oh well, it was quite relaxing to watch this episode. Even though the amount of fanservice was a bit over the top in this episode.

LOL at Kyon singing alone in the bath XD
May 22, 2015 7:25 PM

Jun 2013
Decent episode i suppose, but it felt like pointless fanservice to me
May 22, 2015 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
WTF with the yaoi? Pls stop!
May 22, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2015
The episode was kinda repetitive... But it had some hilarious moments.
May 22, 2015 9:04 PM

Apr 2015
alcrowry said:
Wait... from which chapter was this episode from? Certainly not from chapter 22-23.

But oh well, it was quite relaxing to watch this episode. Even though the amount of fanservice was a bit over the top in this episode.

LOL at Kyon singing alone in the bath XD

It's from Volume 3 of the manga I know
May 22, 2015 9:34 PM
Mar 2013
Oh! Long time no see, Mr. taxidriver and the butler at the isolated resort island.
I didn't expected to see you again!

htsujiMay 22, 2015 11:28 PM
May 22, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2014
Ziassan said:
After the Valentine Day ep, now the Onsen one, I guess they'll not spare us any typic romance trop.
But more important, Koizumi relatives, what the hell ?!? He knew them only by the ESPER Agency, in this world he can't. I mean, this is a fan spin off okay, but it's like they say "yeah fuck logic !".
Ding,Ding,Ding...Finally people started to understand it after 8 whole episodes... Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu is just something made for fun,silly references and fanservice...Amount of people who still thinks this is the continuation of the movie never ceases to amaze me...
May 22, 2015 11:49 PM

Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
Ziassan said:
Ding,Ding,Ding...Finally people started to understand it after 8 whole episodes... Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu is just something made for fun,silly references and fanservice...Amount of people who still thinks this is the continuation of the movie never ceases to amaze me...

Exactly. It's not a continuation. It's simply based on it. That's all.
May 23, 2015 1:14 AM

Jul 2014
Well, nothing much happened, but it was still pretty fun. I probably should have expected a fanservicey episode eventually, and I usually don't like such episodes an awful lot, but this one wasn't too bad. Kyon doing karaoke was probably my favourite bit of the episode though.

Also, what kind of person takes a game of Othello into a bath like Koizumi did there at the end?
May 23, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
well that was boring not much happened
May 23, 2015 5:14 AM

Aug 2009
LoneWizard said:

Uh ? I don't see the relation to my post tho.
Just pointed that they didn't need to use the Agency guys if their is 0 reason to, Koizeum isn't an Esper so he can't know them. I know new chara design can be costy but come on.
ZiassanMay 23, 2015 5:19 AM
May 23, 2015 5:19 AM

Jan 2014
Ziassan said:
LoneWizard said:

Uh ? I don't see the relation to my post tho.
Just pointed that they didn't need to use the Agency guys if their is 0 reason to, Koizeum isn't an Esper so he can't know them.
*Sigh,i take my word back..Apparently you still didnt understand...You lost the moment you seeked a connection with those Agency guys...You are not supposed to think,mangaka of this didnt think like that,he just draw some characters from the original series for fun and nostalgia...Same thing with the endless 8 reference,mangaka added it simply because he can...It ha sno ulterior meaning behind it...
May 23, 2015 5:19 AM

Dec 2008
The beef
The cute Kyon/Yuji scene
The YAOI!
May 23, 2015 7:06 AM

Jun 2010
Ziassan said:
Just pointed that they didn't need to use the Agency guys if their is 0 reason to

They didn't need to use Nagato Yuki, Suzumiya Haruhi, Kyon... That's the point, it's a completely different anime, just with the characters from Haruhi. Besides, if they're not in any Esper Agency, they have different jobs, so why not hotel crew?

I'm still somewhat surprised plenty of Haruhi fans dislike this one - it's basically the same, except with different art, different Yuki and no supernatural (of which Haruhi had little anyway, most of which was just talk and none of it ever went anywhere or furthered any plot/character development). Yuki-chan knows what it wants to deliver - a slice-of-life romcom - and while you can discuss whether it's well executed (I think it is), original (that it's not) or whatever, at least it never promises a plot it can't deliver like Haruhi did.

Most of this episode could've been mixed in with Haruhi and few would notice (aside from Haruhi's hair and, well, Asakura).
May 23, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
eworm said:
Ziassan said:
Just pointed that they didn't need to use the Agency guys if their is 0 reason to

They didn't need to use Nagato Yuki, Suzumiya Haruhi, Kyon... That's the point, it's a completely different anime, just with the characters from Haruhi. Besides, if they're not in any Esper Agency, they have different jobs, so why not hotel crew?

I'm still somewhat surprised plenty of Haruhi fans dislike this one - it's basically the same, except with different art, different Yuki and no supernatural (of which Haruhi had little anyway, most of which was just talk and none of it ever went anywhere or furthered any plot/character development). Yuki-chan knows what it wants to deliver - a slice-of-life romcom - and while you can discuss whether it's well executed (I think it is), original (that it's not) or whatever, at least it never promises a plot it can't deliver like Haruhi did.

Most of this episode could've been mixed in with Haruhi and few would notice (aside from Haruhi's hair and, well, Asakura).

Most people I see disliking this act like they haven't even seen the movie to begin with.
May 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2009
lol at Koizumi x Kyon BL / Yaoi! Wtf Koizumi! I thought you had feelings for Haruhi, not Kyon! -_- but you know... even in the original series, you always looked like someone who could be shipped with Kyon

Loved Mikuru singing her original character song from the first series, "Mitsukete Happy Life" ^^

Lol'd at the scene Kyon started to sing and everyone left the room hahahaha xD
May 23, 2015 2:52 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Kyon. Only the cleaner can put up with his singing to a certain extent. XD

A slow, but pretty relaxing episode. Plenty of fanservice as well, especially with Mikuru's rack as usual. =)
May 23, 2015 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
I really enjoyed the episode. I was laughing pretty hard when Kyon was singing alone without realizing it haha!
May 23, 2015 8:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Typical onsen episode.

I found it rude when everyone suddenly left the room when Kyon was singing. Like really? At least wait for him to finish and then give a compliment, walking out was well too messed up.

Koizumi being well 6ay. All over Kyon.

A few fun scenes here and there.

May 23, 2015 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
They certainly took advantage of the hotsprings episode.
Too bad there was no development or anything out of the ordinary. It will be disappointing if this doesn't go anywhere in 16 episodes.
May 23, 2015 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
Nagato got pretty naughty right there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎
And Kyon was all waiting for it, damnit... Well, he still got to see some skin, so, it's a win-loss..?

Anyway, it was a cute episode. As every onsen episode you can possibly find, not much devellopement happened.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 23, 2015 10:52 PM

May 2014
Fun little episode, sure left a lot to be desired though! I wonder if this series is going anywhere. Next episode is probably the ending of the vacation arc.
May 23, 2015 11:09 PM

Apr 2015
I seen Haruhi naked!!!! Best scene.
#CHEXIT
May 23, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
RediceRyan said:
Too bad there was no development or anything out of the ordinary. It will be disappointing if this doesn't go anywhere in 16 episodes.

It'll go somewhere very soon. I've read the manga so I know.
May 24, 2015 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah....meh. Fanservice episode. Nothing much about it. Hope we get some actual development soon.
May 24, 2015 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
SmashTheOni said:
RediceRyan said:

It'll go somewhere very soon. I've read the manga so I know.
It'll go somewhere VERY soon but its not the kind of place he is expecting...Probably...
May 24, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
That matchmaking hot spring wasn't what I was expecting.
Still are those real? I mean, that thing could be open at any time, those people are crazy.

Koizumi making the moves on Kyon, good as ever (poor guy left alone at the "karaoke", I laughed even more with Koizumi casually at the... bath? with the others singing).
May 24, 2015 4:02 PM

Apr 2015
Silver4000 said:
That matchmaking hot spring wasn't what I was expecting.
Still are those real? I mean, that thing could be open at any time, those people are crazy.

Koizumi making the moves on Kyon, good as ever (poor guy left alone at the "karaoke", I laughed even more with Koizumi casually at the... bath? with the others singing).

It could only open from the girls' side. Which is a good thing. Imagine if Taniguchi were there
May 24, 2015 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Middle-of-the-road onsen episode, but it was pretty well made.
May 24, 2015 6:36 PM

Sep 2014
i approve of kyon x koizumi yaoi undertones ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

but seriously, this was a pretty good episode, compared to what we've been getting. i've been consistently let down with the disappearance of yuki-chan, and i prefer episodes like these, episodes that are sort of reminiscent of the original series. my only gripe is that there wasn't enough nagato. nagato needs lots of love.
May 25, 2015 9:48 AM
Jan 2015
a lot of fanservice this episode huh?
May 25, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2012
I can take or leave the fan service, but it was a cute episode so whatever. Wish Yuki would take the spotlight more, Haruhi keeps hogging it!!!

Please be mine, Nagato~!
May 25, 2015 4:02 PM

Sep 2007
I really enjoyed this episode. It felt almost like I was watching the original Haruhi anime.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

140 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.