Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2015 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a cute ghost:

I found it kinda funny how she was preparing food. And when you take away the phone, she invisible! lol.
May 22, 2015 11:08 PM

May 2013
The feels were in this episode. It got to me when the ghost had to say goodbye to Moriya.
May 22, 2015 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
That little girl ghost was cute. She said goodbye to Moriya.
May 22, 2015 11:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That loli ghost was cute as F, especially every time she'd say the words/phrases they taught her. I need to know who her seiyuu is!

From the get go, it was pretty obvious that she was Moriya's hospital-mate, but still liked the way they carried out the story.
Would've been quite tragic if they made a promise to marry each other when they're grown up. Nonetheless, there were a lot of feels. "Yaksoku mamore nakute gomenne. Demo.. Demo.. Moriya, daisuki!" ;_;

I can already see Yamada getting hit on the head by the gangster duo becoming a running gag in this show. It gets tedious when they use it for comedic relief repetitively.

Decent episode and probably the best of Re-Kan! so far. Need more of this kind of episode instead of the usual dull stuff.

May 22, 2015 11:52 PM

Jan 2012
It was fairly obvious early on where this episode was going, but even still it remained moving, rather emotionally devastating even. Sayonara little one. :(
May 23, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
How could Inoue be frightened of such a cute thing ?

The scene where the little girl disappeared in Amami's arms was really touching. One of the more touching moments of the show.

And the scene in front of the church - this show is really sneaky. Even though it is a comedy, sometimes it gets you from behind and fucks you up. Shit.
May 23, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
Very predictable, but executed in such an amazing manner that it doesn't even matter anymore.
Probably the best episode of the show to date. Feels were had.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 23, 2015 12:49 AM

Oct 2011
Oh, that cute thing... The feels is in the air...
May 23, 2015 2:21 AM
Jul 2012
PLamus1 said:
The scene where the little girl disappeared in Amami's arms was really touching. One of the more touching moments of the show.

And the scene in front of the church - this show is really sneaky. Even though it is a comedy, sometimes it gets you from behind and fucks you up. Shit.

reminded me of Otonashi and kanade
May 23, 2015 2:35 AM
Aug 2014
I hope she'll get incarnated as their daughter.
May 23, 2015 3:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
By far the best episode of Re-Kan. I felt like the comedy in this was handled much better than usual, i had many laughs. And the feels momemnt had me teary-eyed as well as the marriage scene.

Beautiful.
May 23, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2011
Cute lil ghost girl, she sounds like Hina from PapaKiki
May 23, 2015 3:52 AM

May 2013
That cute little ghost girl looked a lot like Amami.
This was so emotional. It would be even more emotional if they promised each other to get married when they're grown up.
May 23, 2015 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
What the fuck, did I just cried?! Episodes with feels and cute lolis are too much for me.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
May 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2013
god dammit i didn't come here for the feels why you gotta make me cry
May 23, 2015 5:29 AM

Mar 2015
Loli ghost being kawaii as F@#$!

I ship them so much!
May 23, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2009
Hito420 said:
reminded me of Otonashi and kanade

Also reminded me of a certain girl, who is rather fond of starfish, being at her sisters marriage.
May 23, 2015 6:28 AM

Mar 2014
More episodes like this and I would rate Re-Kan much higher. Everything was well executed here.
May 23, 2015 6:34 AM

Jul 2013
GOD DAMN IT I actually shed tears here!

So bittersweet T_T
May 23, 2015 7:41 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Just when i thought ''goddammit why im still watching this'' theres this episode coming in.

Fuckin ninjas cutting onions.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 23, 2015 8:27 AM
Jan 2012
So, I start the episode, and I'm like, wait what? And then the Opening plays and I remember that I'm watching Re-Kan! And then, I'm like, Wait What? And then little ghost girl comes in and I'm like, ...No... And then this and that happens, and she sees Moriya, and then I'm like, Fuuuuuck.... And by the end I'm just like, Feels, fucking everywhere. God dammit...

Loved it, in all honesty, based on the hair color, I thought we were getting a episode featuring Mary. But I feel like I prefer it being our little ghost girl.

But seriously, Re-Kan! gave me some unexpected and heavy feels...
May 23, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
A cute episode, the promise to meet again was surprisingly nice and fitting for the place they met. An angelic little child having to die at such an early age :/ glad she met Moriya again, though.

It really is rare to see a little boy instead for stories like these (trying to stop imagining a similar scene T.T).

A fine episode!
May 23, 2015 10:58 AM

Mar 2009
Going to say this was the best episode of Re-Kan. This episode made me so sad dammit! Poor little girl...
The world is so cruel. At least she was able to see Moriya again before she disappeared, and I'm glad she had some fun with Amami and Inoue before the end.
Man...Inoue's such a great tsundere.

This show remains a very sweet and underrated anime. Too bad more people aren't watching it.
May 23, 2015 11:07 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like they had lot's of fun with the little ghost.
I have to say this was a pretty romantic episode which looked pretty nice.
May 23, 2015 1:03 PM

Apr 2014
MENMA!!!!!! T-T

woops wrong anime

May 23, 2015 1:59 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really cute and sweet episode :)
However, the gag with the two girls punching that guy on the top of the head is starting to get really fucking annoying.
May 23, 2015 2:04 PM

Mar 2015
Wow, I really enjoyed this episode. I will never get over the cuteness.
May 23, 2015 4:12 PM

Apr 2015
SakurasouBusters said:

However, the gag with the two girls punching that guy on the top of the head is starting to get really fucking annoying.

Pretty sexist.
#CHEXIT
May 23, 2015 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
This is one sad episode...
I somewhat enjoying this episode.
So sad that the little girl die before she grow up.
I beg she will look beautiful as a lady.
May 23, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2011
It's not the best comedy show of the season, but it's charming when it tells a nice sentimental story and this episode did just that. The loli ghost was so cute.

I need to know who her seiyuu is!
You probably already found it out, but the credits list a "Little girl ghost" played by Mamiya Kurumi. And here I figured she'd have been played by yet another new seiyuu. Nope. Along with that evil mascot of the school in Ansatsu, the seiyuu known for her role as Hamtaro is a ghost loli. Who'd a thought?

MENMA!!!!!! T-T
Yeah, she reminded me of a loli version of her.

Vindstot said:
I can already see Yamada getting hit on the head by the gangster duo becoming a running gag in this show.
Didn't they hit him like three times in this episode alone, not to mention how he always seems to be hit in every other episode at least once. I know people hate his voice (I don't mind it, personally) but ouch.

Pretty sexist.
Yeah, I tend to dislike pointless violence, especially when it's women targeting men only. If it's deserving it's a different story, but when it isn't it's just bullying at worst and dumb at best. Oh well. Hitting the hentai cat is fine, though. That guy deserves it plus he's pretty scrappy.
May 23, 2015 11:48 PM

Jan 2015
PLamus1 said:
How could Inoue be frightened of such a cute thing ?

yeah! it make me cry... dammit (T_T)

FatefulLove said:
A cute episode, the promise to meet again was surprisingly nice and fitting for the place they met. An angelic little child having to die at such an early age :/ glad she met Moriya again, though.

It really is rare to see a little boy instead for stories like these (trying to stop imagining a similar scene T.T).

A fine episode!

sob...sob... (T_T)
May 24, 2015 2:42 AM

Dec 2013
No matter how you look at it, the girl ghost died when she was 3 or 4 at least. How is it that they could promise each other to see one another again, and yet she didn't know how to talk when they found her?

And whilst they did drag out a beautiful ending with an actual feels-worthy theme, how could the Sensei and his wife see her without any phones? I mean, those phones were practically the only reason why they could see them in the first place (actually to think about it, I'd be scared shitless if something suddenly appeared on my phone screen that wasn't there in real life, how the hell do those phones detect spectral presences anyway???). You drag out the plot device of the phones being the medium whereby ghosts can communicate with people, and then throw it all away at the very end..... inconsistent as F.

The scene really didn't make sense...
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 24, 2015 4:19 AM

Jun 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
-
That's the thing about this series, you need not apply any logic to it, just sit down, and enjoy a show like you did when you were a child. Not everything need to make sense, especially when it is a series where the protagonist can see ghost. The setting in itself doesn't make sense anyway.

Your first point is valid, however.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2014
This was amazing. By far the best episode of this show. That damn feels when the little ghost girls said good bye to Miriya-sensei... ;w;
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
May 24, 2015 9:48 AM

Aug 2011
L-Ryoshi said:
No matter how you look at it, the girl ghost died when she was 3 or 4 at least. How is it that they could promise each other to see one another again, and yet she didn't know how to talk when they found her?

And whilst they did drag out a beautiful ending with an actual feels-worthy theme, how could the Sensei and his wife see her without any phones? I mean, those phones were practically the only reason why they could see them in the first place (actually to think about it, I'd be scared shitless if something suddenly appeared on my phone screen that wasn't there in real life, how the hell do those phones detect spectral presences anyway???). You drag out the plot device of the phones being the medium whereby ghosts can communicate with people, and then throw it all away at the very end..... inconsistent as F.

The scene really didn't make sense...

The samurai ghost explained the first thing. She began to forget everything because she was so young. That clearly also includes how to talk. That also explains how she could talk so fast, she didn't learn then, she just remembered how to.

At the end, I don't think his wife could see the ghost, she just acted based on how he was acting. It's pretty much common sense in fiction that ghosts can make themselves visible sometimes, especially and most frequently when they ascend to heaven (and in some cases, only to people important to them). It may be a bit convenient, but it's nothing new and works well emotionally.

Phones (cameras) "detecting spectral presences" is also a common thing. Haven't you heard about spirit photography?
May 24, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode by far, made me teary eyed
May 24, 2015 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
Are Yamada and Moriya related or something lol? They look almost exactly the same
May 24, 2015 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
Clannad flashed before me T__________________________T

When Oro-neko isn't around. The FEELS come out TwT
May 24, 2015 3:40 PM

Feb 2009
Damn, that was a really sad episode...I'm depressed now, lol.

May 24, 2015 5:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THAT GHOST GIRL WAS SOOOO ADORABLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OMG >//<

This was such a sweet episode and the last parts gave me so many feels TwT
May 24, 2015 11:23 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Almost forgot to post my thoughts about this episode, lol.

I wanna express how impressed I am by this episode. The feels were very strong in this episode. It really delivered, and I shed tears from my eyes. ;_; Ghost girl was absolutely adorable! Such a sweet and innocent little loli ghost. I really enjoyed seeing her have fun with Amami and friends. But the moments where she bid farewell to Amami being hugged from her arms and the final goodbye to Moriya-sensei saying that he's all grown up now are where it hit me hard...

Best episode of Re-Kan! so far, and currently my favorite. I hope they can make more episodes like this, because goddamn this episode was emotionally devastating for me... :'(
May 25, 2015 1:40 AM

Apr 2015
Gave me the same feels as the Fuko arc in Clannad. However almost worse since this is a child who never got the chance to live. Things like that really get to me, in fact I about cried in the very first seconds of the episode. I was balling my eyes out by the end, and this has convinced me that RE-KAN! is more than just another show even though the previous episodes have been rather good.
May 25, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
By far the best episode of Re-Kan. I felt like the comedy in this was handled much better than usual, i had many laughs. And the feels momemnt had me teary-eyed as well as the marriage scene.
Beautiful.

Can't say better. There aren't too much such really heartwarming episodes exclude "real dramatic" animes
May 25, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2013
The little ghost girl was sooo cute! >_<
And it was so adorable when she was playing with Moriya-sensei. The scene at the church was really heart-warming.

May 26, 2015 5:45 AM

Jul 2009
I was really sad when she left to another world =/
May 26, 2015 10:49 PM

Aug 2013
That little girl was fucking adorable.

Isn't this supposed to be a comedy? Why the fuck have all the episodes been so sad lately?

The episode with the girl apologizing to her mom, and now this?

"You're all grown up now Moriya. You can eat your carrots now."
"Do you want to go back to bed? -No. Sayonara! I had fun playing with everyone".
- Then the little convo she had with Moriya as she was passing on.
- And the little drawing she made with the chalk.
- AND even Inoue started crying over her leaving.

Like, literally no break from the feels this episode. Goddamn.
May 27, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Woah woah woah that was way too cute and Feelz inducing! I teared up when she told Moriya that he can eat carrots now and the wedding scene ;_;
May 27, 2015 2:26 PM

Aug 2014
Easily one of the best episodes of this anime. We knew where it was going but the wedding scene tripped me up and the feels were intense.

<3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2015 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
hithummah said:

This would be amazing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 2:37 AM
Mar 2013
hithummah said:

Me, too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

50 by oDaw1 »»
Jan 6, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

36 by oggamer2121 »»
Oct 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

58 by Asturaetus »»
May 21, 2021 5:34 AM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2015

45 by Asturaetus »»
May 16, 2021 11:10 PM

Poll: » Re-Kan! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

35 by Serafos »»
Mar 24, 2021 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.