Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2015 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
Not sure if this has already been posted, or only pertains to me for any reason, but... well, let me explain:

On the anime pages, there's the episode 1, episode 2, episode 3, hyperlinks. When I tried clicking on 'em, I was directed to a page that said I was banned? And not to try to evade this ban?

What's supposed to appear when I click on the links anyway? And is the ban a bug?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 19, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
Have you input your login and password into any strange pop-ups?
May 19, 2015 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
same thing happened to me and a friend when trying to log in in mobile devices...

Edit: nevermind, just saw the other topic...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
May 19, 2015 11:25 AM

Apr 2011
Just tried clicking on "settings" and was directed to the same page saying I'm banned.... o.0

I'm not here to try and argue against the ban (I would do that in a separate forum of course) but is this a bug?
May 19, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
Serhiyko said:
Have you input your login and password into any strange pop-ups?

Nope. There are zero pop ups because adblock.

-Panda_Hero- said:
same thing happened to me and a friend when trying to log in in mobile devices...

I'm not using a mobile device, though I think I did try using Mal on one a few days ago?

Lemmie see what this is...
May 19, 2015 11:27 AM

Feb 2010
DarkAngelz said:
I'm not here to try and argue against the ban (I would do that in a separate forum of course) but is this a bug?
kinda, site is under attack.
May 19, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
Oh okay. Makes sense.
May 19, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
just another day on MAL I guess...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
May 19, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2009
-Panda_Hero- said:

This happened to me just a moment ago when I tried to access the site from my Android phone. So I tried to access it from an iPad and for whatever reason it works fine.
May 19, 2015 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
metamorphius said:
-Panda_Hero- said:

This happened to me just a moment ago when I tried to access the site from my Android phone. So I tried to access it from an iPad and for whatever reason it works fine.

yup, me and a friend just tried to login and for an instant it scared me o.o
but it's working so far on the pc...
let's see how long it will take until they take care of the "issue" one more time
May 19, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2011
I'm not using a mobile device though. I'm using a mac but that shouldn't matter... should it?

o.0

Ah well, I'ma go do random stuff offsite now. Not too bad a hit anyway.
May 19, 2015 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
I can't log out?

lol, that's new..
May 19, 2015 11:47 AM

May 2014
its a hack.
plz be patient as moderators are working on it :)
May 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
ITS TIME FOR THIS ONCE MORE

http://akiimari.deviantart.com/art/Xinil-x-SSJMaster-395229612

(art by me of course)
May 19, 2015 12:06 PM
Nov 2009
Only seems to happen to me when I try and access the news... What's going on?
May 19, 2015 12:09 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
lol
May 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2010
Yay, why use announcement section of your own site when you can just post it on twitter?
May 19, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 2009
vivan said:
Yay, why use announcement section of your own site when you can just post it on twitter?

Maybe Xinil input his password into pop-up and got banned
May 19, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2014
metamorphius said:
-Panda_Hero- said:

All you have to do is click request desktop site and it should work fine on your android.
May 19, 2015 1:45 PM

Jul 2012
rawr97 said:
metamorphius said:

All you have to do is click request desktop site and it should work fine on your android.

it wouldn't even let me connect to the website, just appeared that message. idk how it is now though, didn't try again
May 19, 2015 1:47 PM

Jun 2014
-Panda_Hero- said:
rawr97 said:

it wouldn't even let me connect to the website, just appeared that message. idk how it is now though, didn't try again

It said I was banned too then I did that and it worked perfectly for me.
May 19, 2015 1:51 PM
Apr 2013
I got a mini heart attack when I saw the ban message for clicking on "More episodes".
Glad to know it will be fixed soon... Thx MAL for almost making me panic. lel
May 19, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
rawr97 said:
metamorphius said:

I did assume so, but as with Panda_Hero, there was no desktop site to request since I got the ban message right away.

Well, in any case, I guess we know what is causing the issue now, so I don't feel the need to go whining on IRC yet, but, by fucking golly, it would've been nice if we could get an announcement here instead of Twitter.
metamorphiusMay 19, 2015 1:57 PM
May 19, 2015 2:00 PM
Jan 2014
I was updating my anime list a few days ago, but now it seems i got banned. Tho it's working fine on my laptop. I'm glad to hear that it's likely an error. Nisekoi is filled with opness, makes me giggle every time.
May 19, 2015 2:34 PM
Jun 2013
Ban with my mobile device (android) but not with my pc O_o
May 19, 2015 2:37 PM
Mar 2014
I wonder if im the only one banned on my computer, but not mobile o.o i hate being on mobile though.
May 19, 2015 2:42 PM

Jul 2012
metamorphius said:
rawr97 said:

I did assume so, but as with Panda_Hero, there was no desktop site to request since I got the ban message right away.

Well, in any case, I guess we know what is causing the issue now, so I don't feel the need to go whining on IRC yet, but, by fucking golly, it would've been nice if we could get an announcement here instead of Twitter.

exactly what I meant :)
and that would be nice too... lately all the changes are being implemented and they dont update the feature logs
May 19, 2015 2:55 PM

Apr 2010
We are aware of this problems.
All answers regarding this problem can be found in this thread http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1385292.
If you have any questions regarding this problem please ask them in that thread.

Thread locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by traed »»
6 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.