Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2015 6:51 AM

Apr 2015
For the long time of watching an anime, Many ideas is entering in my mind. Now i want to write some novel.

but , its hard to start it :(

My idea :
A pro shooter guy that take down many enemies just only using a fake gun or "Pellet Gun"
- with romance , action , shonen :3

Introduction ,
A guy that is bullied, yeah blah blah
I LOVE EVIL MAIN CHARACTER

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2015 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
Your story sounds lame, improve it now.
I luv u
May 19, 2015 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
-shotz said:
you should write one of those erotic novels for sexually frustrated middle aged women. they're like the only people that still buy novels.

HAHA you have a point.

i just only want to write to amaze my sister and my friends. :)

May 19, 2015 6:59 AM

May 2015
It is hard, indeed. Perhaps you should start out with a brainstorm, keywords or w/e you'd prefer.
May 19, 2015 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
Jaguer91 said:

i really haven't start it yet. buy i really appreciate it.

May 19, 2015 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
First tip, do not base your story in any way on anime.

your anime like story makes me hate all literature.
May 19, 2015 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
Maybe not a novel , But a STORY , right?

May 19, 2015 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
It sounds very juvenile and unrefined.

Turn it into an anime instead.
May 19, 2015 7:04 AM

Nov 2013
You should start by choosing a better idea. Not to be rude, but this idea you have for a story doesn't sound good.
May 19, 2015 7:07 AM

Nov 2011
Beelzybub said:
Jaguer91 said:

i really haven't start it yet. buy i really appreciate it.

Ok now in a serious quote, don't base your ideas on stupid anime cliches like most people do, that's why they just fail at making something decent, try to do something "diferent".
I luv u
May 19, 2015 7:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If it was that easy, anyone could do it
May 19, 2015 7:09 AM

Feb 2015
Don't get too caught up in making the perfect concept and try to just develop a few characters and start writing their interactions. Perfect is the enemy of done. so the saying goes - you'll get a better idea for concepts as you go and edit them in
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 19, 2015 7:10 AM

May 2014
Baelish said:
First tip, do not base your story in any way on anime.

your anime like story makes me hate all literature.

this is some good advice, I've seen too many people here try and write stories based on anime, short or not it lowers the quality of the work as you fail to fill in the gaps that our eyes and ears are usually accustomed too as well as keeping the reader interested.
I've been here way too long...
May 19, 2015 7:24 AM

Jan 2015
Trying to write something based on anime is not a good idea as people have already said. Getting a few ideas is never wrong, but do not try to "write an anime".
May 19, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
life is hard

May 19, 2015 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
Brainstorm, a lot. Also don't forget the setting in place of the characters, both are important.
May 19, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
Yeah, it's hard and your story sounds like absolute trash. At least read some actual books instead of watching anime. I once managed to write something that was pretty decent since some people liked it and praised my efforts. I know that, because my earlier works were called absolute bullsht back then.
May 19, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
With your grammar, I'd say it's near impossible.
May 19, 2015 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah? Try painting a novel ~__~
May 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
Don't want to be rude, but, well - as a person after humanistic primary & lower secondary school - I can tell you that writing isn't like 'oh, maybe that's fun! I'll write a novel and everything is going to be great'. If you want to write at least an AVERAGE story, you have to read a lot of books (by a lot I mean really a lot. I don't know how many books I've personally read, but since I've learnt how to read in the age of 4 there was no time I wouldn't have a book nearby). Even if you are interested in reading and you like them it doesn't mean you are a good writer, too. If you want to write a good story you need practice. Practice, practice, practice... And a little talent. ;) But well, hard work is the most important thing. You also have to put heart into writing. You need many years of observing and noticing; of 'catching' some writing tricks in the books; of learning how to operate with the language and how to connect words to achieve the best effect. It just has to be your true passion. If not - it's not possible to write a good story, that's my opinion.
zusapphireMay 19, 2015 12:51 PM
May 19, 2015 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
I'd start by developing a detailed plan of your characters
May 24, 2015 10:13 AM

Mar 2015
Not really if you plan out what you think before you do it then maybe and follow easy writing steps.
My name is Terrence always is Terrence and will always be Terrence
Current Accounts: ThePinhead3333,
May 24, 2015 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
That's probably because you're a book yourself.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
May 24, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
So what's compelling your main character to start murdering people with a toy?

Sounds kind of comical.
May 24, 2015 10:18 AM
Apr 2015
You should read books then. The author's choice of words really do make an impact imo.

How about trying some Percy Jackson Books. (Don't let the movies fool you. The books are very enjoyable). Other Rick Riordan books are good too, like Kane Chronicles. It's geared for teens so it will be a light read.

Seriously if you plan on writing you should start reading tons of books.

May 24, 2015 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
Don't bother, OP.

Unless you have lots of money/connections and you live in Japan, it won't matter even if you write a LN masterpiece.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
May 24, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2012
You know what else is hard?
May 24, 2015 11:36 AM

May 2013
Roth said:
You know what else is hard?

Licking your elbow?
May 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2008
-shotz said:
you should write one of those erotic novels for sexually frustrated middle aged women. they're like the only people that still buy novels.

Time to make some cash.
I'll call it "50 shades of twilight". I'll get both frustrated middle age women and stupid teenage girls.

Red_Keys said:
So what's compelling your main character to start murdering people with a toy?

Sounds kind of comical.

His mother used to use a toy to anal fuck him ever time he was naughty.
May 24, 2015 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
Torah said:
My idea :
A pro shooter guy that take down many enemies just only using a fake gun or "Pellet Gun"

Introduction ,

Hmmm...

some plot bunnies for you.

1. Expand on how he gets acquainted with his signature weapon, the pellet gun. You want it to be romance too so work it in that the MC's love interest is part of this backstory.
2. He's getting bullied and that plot has been done to death so you want to make your story stand out. Try doing something out of norm. Maybe the love interest/reason for pellet gun "power" was one of the bullies but reformed due to some event like MC saving her from something or helping or kindness or w/e?
3. The MC should also have a quirk. Lots of interesting shounen MCs possess quirks. A good quirk would be something like he has motion sickness, or maybe he is scared of the color red, or maybe even something weirder like him wanting to sniff the love interest's hair every 20 minutes(could also be worked into a running gag where the MC gets rekt because of this lol)

Well that's all I got for now, good luck on your quest to write the next hit novel.
damastahMay 24, 2015 11:45 AM
May 24, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
How old are you btw?

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 24, 2015 11:59 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
-shotz said:
May 24, 2015 12:00 PM

May 2012
Write fanfiction before writing a novel to improve your writing unless you are already gr8 w/ grammar and spelling
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
May 24, 2015 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
black1blade said:
How old are you btw?

age does not stifle a writer's creative ability
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 24, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
i read somewhere some famous author once re wrote his favorite novel from scratch just to get a feel of writing a great novel
May 24, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
lolatusenpai said:
i read somewhere some famous author once re wrote his favorite novel from scratch just to get a feel of writing a great novel

but its just the same as drawing the same picture, nothing difficult in that
All credit goes to Sacred.
May 24, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
FireEmblemIke24 said:
black1blade said:
How old are you btw?

age does not stifle a writer's creative ability

And OP's profile says 18 btw.
May 24, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2012
Start with writing the concepts (like, objects and what they do, why they exist, etc, depends on what you want to write about), characters (all the shit you know about them, nothing that has to do with the plot, their unrefined starting mould from the beginning of the story, but backstory too obviously... That's the unrefined part, unless they're born at the beginning of the plot, but even then...), locations, already existing relationships, etc.

Then start with drafts, like, write what the characters feel, do, etc when they interact with objects, other people etc, you don't need to start with the real plot, this should be like an exercise.

When you think you're ready, start writing drafts for the plot.

After you're done with the drafts, check to see if there are plot holes, mistakes and shit like that that can compromise everything.

Then, start writing the real thing. It doesn't matter what it is, really. A good piece of writing, no matter how absurd, has a place. Because readers will suspender their disbelief if you're a believable writer and you're not shit at it. But considering you're a beginner (and everyone can see it), practicing is helpful. So start from whatever, start from the absurd, maybe don't start your "real" subject until you go through subjects you don't care about that much.

It being "cliched" is irrelevant too, by the way. It is a good idea to avoid cliches. But sometimes great ideas have been used and used repeatedly, that doesn't mean people got bored of them anyway.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 24, 2015 12:30 PM

Apr 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
lolatusenpai said:

but its just the same as drawing the same picture, nothing difficult in that
That's wrong. You'll not write the exact same thing. Not everything will be different, but a majority of it will be.

Autocrat said:
May 24, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
-shotz said:
I chuckled when I read this.
May 24, 2015 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Torah said:
For the long time of watching an anime, Many ideas is entering in my mind. Now i want to write some novel.

My idea :

Introduction ,

That's your problem.

Your story is poorly constructed.

And it lacks substance.

How about you write something that isn't "edgy".

Maybe a romance comedy and just that.
Nobody needs that crap about how cool your main protagonist is.

We've all read that. It's boring.
May 24, 2015 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
Fiction-S said:
Torah said:

My idea :

Introduction ,

That's your problem.

And it lacks substance.

^
May 24, 2015 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
Fiction-S said:
Torah said:

My idea :

Introduction ,

That's your problem.

And it lacks substance.

I think Jodi Picoult wrote a novel with the protagonist being a bullied kid who shot up a school.
May 24, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
if you can't write it, type it. Problem solved. ^~^
May 24, 2015 12:46 PM

Apr 2012
You guys are most likely shit writers or you're not even that, and you're criticizing a beginner that wants to start from somewhere at least.

Kek.

Autocrat said:
May 24, 2015 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
Immahnoob said:
You guys are most likely shit writers or you're not even that, and you're criticizing a beginner that wants to start from somewhere at least.

Kek.
Hey what do you think about my story idea:

There's a guy and he's like really cool, and he beats up the baddies

Also he has a hot girlfriend but there's like this other girl that also loves him because he's cool and beats up the baddies

It's drama, romance, action, horror, comedy, psychological, dark, and mature, and shounen
May 24, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2015
Jaguer91 said:

My thoughts exactly

What other characters are there?

May 24, 2015 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Actually noob, any progress on that thing you were writing, or thinking of writing?
May 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2012
Red_Keys said:
Immahnoob said:

Kek.
Hey what do you think about my story idea:

There's a guy and he's like really cool, and he beats up the baddies

Also he has a hot girlfriend but there's like this other girl that also loves him because he's cool and beats up the baddies

It's drama, romance, action, horror, comedy, psychological, dark, and mature, and shounen
I see nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry if you're closed minded, Keys.

And I'm almost done with my 3rd book.

Autocrat said:
May 24, 2015 12:49 PM
Jul 2018

That's actually a worthwhile read.

But I don't think this is what OP was aiming at.

Hey Noob,

What do you think of my story?

It's about a girl who falls in love with this man who's about ten years older than him.

She's like... a freshman in High school.
removed-userMay 24, 2015 12:53 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
3 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 3 hours ago

0 by panque »»
3 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
4 hours ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
4 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.