Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2015 8:21 AM
Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mar 24, 2016 3:29 PM

Oct 2014
Nearing to the end now and I am thinking we'll not get a complete conclusive end which is pretty common. Although I would love to read the manga (which not completely scanlated yet, raws are up)

Yonai seems sensible only at the surface to me. He wants to let Japa suffer defeat and let 3 million people die where Mirai could probably save some of them. Kusaka heading Manchuria and taking his first step to Zipang. Two ideals towards war which are both correct in it's own sense running parallel. Sadly. we'll never know the end.

also what was with that ominous ending of child getting run over by a car?!
IizyMar 24, 2016 3:32 PM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sep 1, 2021 9:04 PM

Mar 2016
This is the penultimate ep, and yet it seems as if there is still plenty of stories to cover, I fear that Mirai and her crew won't be returning to the 21st century, at least not in the anime...

Mitsumasa Yonai, a former prime minister and a Navy Admiral, despite his care for Japan and her people, he believes that prosperity can only be achieved in defeat, and therefore urged Mirai to not interfere with the efforts in WW2 and let 3 million Japanese lose their life. A dark and unethical belief, but one that he probably considers as the best option for Japan in the long run. Although his point about destroying and scuttling Mirai contradicts his suggestion for Mirai to help in the post-war efforts. Come, one old man, make up your mind.

Meanwhile, Kusaka is saying his plan and farewell to Tsuda before he eventually flies to Manchuria to secure the Daqing oil field for the future of 'Zipang', at this rate, Yosuke won't ever be able to reach Kusaka.

On a more positive note, at least Mirai and her crew are just a few steps away from finally reaching their homeport of Yokosuka.

ShadowkillZSep 1, 2021 9:14 PM
Dec 1, 2022 7:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I don't know if the old man is lying or telling the truth, but I prefer not to believe his words! kekeke

one left to end the season!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zipang Episode 26 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 14, 2009

23 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 13 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 4, 2012

10 by The_JackMan26 »»
Apr 12, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 24 Discussion

Arnardi - Sep 7, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 23 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 5, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 22 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 5, 2012

6 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.