Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, episode felt slow but had an overall nice tone to it with everyone returning to school and auditions. It seems like Kousaka is still practicing and playing on her own with her lone wolf like personality.

Some cute character chemistry though between the three main leads. I just find Sapphire to be adorable

I also found this episode a bit silly tbh especially with Sapphire and her adoration of that dressed up mascot Tuba-kun. I also wonder if there will be some romance development with Kazuki since I think there might of been a flag.
Stark700May 12, 2015 10:19 AM
May 12, 2015 10:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fun and cute episode. Warming up to all the characters :D

Oh hello, is that a ship sailing at the end of the episode? :O
May 12, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
"I'm Tubacabra. You were born to blow me" Why is Asuka so damn good? She makes the episode every time.

Didn't care too much about the tuba girl. The only interesting thing about her this episode is that it seems like she fell for Shuuichi at the end there.
May 12, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2012
With all the stuff this episode covered I felt it moved at a brisk pace, but maybe they took on too much. The Kumiko and Reina moment is cute but forced, not giving much to Kazuki's story, though the scenes at the end are naturally passive enough to hint at more things to come from her without being melodramatic. Something this series does well so far is being intense when it wants to be but not dwelling on itself too much.

Asuka needs a spin-off though
May 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
Smudy said:

Oh hello, is that a ship sailing at the end of the episode? :O

Yeah, probably :)

Nice episode, 5/5 I think :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 12, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2012
Awww that version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was lovely! :D And suddenly Katou loves the tuba...and a boy! More on that later no doubt. There were lotsa cute faces this week, Asuka was great as usual, and the Tubacabra scene...onto the auditions!
May 12, 2015 10:44 AM

Oct 2012
Soooooo Hazuki is in love with Kumiko's childhood friend (what was his name again?). God, I can't stop shipping Kousaka-san and Kumiko (neither I want to). They're so cute together and they're all blushy and and I JUST CAN'T. SO LOVELY <3
That Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was so ♥ nghhhhhhh. Sweet.
Lovely episode. Can't wait for the auditions.
May 12, 2015 10:48 AM

Feb 2014
Damn that ice cream ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Asuka was really funny, especially when she makes jokes about blowing.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 12, 2015 11:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I sense a love triangle incoming.....Oh god why is this happening lol xD

I'm not surprised to see that Taki-sensei decided to hold auditions and only allow a more condensed group to compete...This way they'll have the best of the crop and they'll be able to sound that much better and I 100% support this game plan.

It's nice to see everyone's fighting spirits come out and size up each others rivals/competition which is something that I feel will benefit everyone greatly....But alas I think that it's safe to say that Asuka and Kousaka are safe, most likely Kumiko too

Overall it was a nice episode and I enjoyed seeing our gang help Katou find her groove and get better at the tuba...All the silly comedic moments were great too xD I loved that playing of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as well >//<
TokoyaMay 12, 2015 11:19 AM
May 12, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2009
Shuuichi you sinful man.

This reminded me of the first time I played in an ensemble.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2015 11:24 AM

May 2010
Taki's way of doing things are great. Lol I like Asuka's imagination.

"Payback?" That was cute.

"I'm tubacabra. You are supposed to play me." lmao

Kinda guessed Hazuki would fall for Shuichi, she was impressed by his strength last episode after-all. Even in episode 3 or 4, she was impressed by something (I forgot what)

Looking forward to auditions.
May 12, 2015 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
The scene when Asuka was making Hazuki imagine Two other Midori's joining and being good in Tuba was lol...It was pretty creepy for some reason XD

All Dat yuri sexual tension between Kumiko and Kousaka is insane :P

I love how Kumiko monologues in an audible voice then realizes it XD Her covering her mouth is Cute :3

Asuka's Broken Japanese was lol...Poor Kumiko, she realized she was being tricked but did it anyway XD

And Dat loli Kumiko <3

Loved the twinkle twinkle :3 And Hazuki is totally in love now ^^;
May 12, 2015 11:35 AM
Oct 2011
The last scene is sooooo saddddd =(

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(Dusk. Kumiko is practicing Euphonium on the bench by the river.)

Kumiko's Narration: And so, we each set out toward our own goals, in preparation for the competition...

Aoi enters.
Aoi (to self): "...Lucky you, Kumiko-Chan"

Kumiko: "Oh. Aoi-Chan..."

Kumiko's Narration: "...taking each of our thoughts to heart."

Aoi greats Kumiko nostalgically, with a slight nod and a smile.
She then takes a deep breath, looks at Kumiko seriously, and yells: "Good luck for the audition!"

Kumiko looks at Aoi innocently: "Eh?"

A strong breeze of wind blows, a lone star is seen twinkling in the sky.

Kumiko's Narration: "And the next piece begins."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aoi-senpai is not going to make the audition. AND SHE KNOWS IT! You guys just watch! =(
May 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Katou's feelings for Tsukamoto...

is just as subtle as Midori's feelings for tuba-kun.

Then Reina does something subtle like this and my heart skips a beat.

Now you are playing dirty KyotoAni.
May 12, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
The OP and the ED are still the best parts of this show.
May 12, 2015 11:41 AM

Oct 2009
Asuka senpai is always the best XD
May 12, 2015 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Katou has feelings for Tsukamoto.
May 12, 2015 12:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Taki-sensei's proposition for auditioning was sound, although he had a lot of opposition. It's understandable that majority of the girls couldn't object his plan, but did the guys also fail to resist his Menchaku, Ikemen Akuma aura? :3

Best girl Asuka continues to prove why she's the best! Aside from her musical excellence, her tone and dialogues are what makes her exceptional. "I'm Tubacabra. You were born to blow me." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gotou's little speech about Tuba sounded so philosophical! That was quite the roundabout way to say love and confidence are important.

Dem Yuri vibes between Kousaka and Kumiko doe! That "payback" raised the right flag so high! >///<

Hazuki probably just fell for Shuichi there at the end. I hope they actually get together since Kumiko has absolutely no interest in her osananajimi. She'd rather be with Kousaka instead. ;3

Decent episode. Focusing on the competing schools would something I'd really like to see. That'd make things a bit more interesting.

May 12, 2015 12:13 PM
Feb 2015
Felt like an ok episode. I like how sapphire loved the tuba mascot thing lmao.

Well it really looks like the teacher is aiming for nationals. He is already making them do auditions. Hopefully all 3 of the girls make it in and that guy at the end too. We have a potential ship coming maybe... :)
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 12, 2015 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
Twinkle little star... almost got me teary eyed when they played that. You can really see how the Tuba holds up the rest of the melody. Gives it warmth.

ooo333 said:
Are you shippers alright with this shipping? Tuba chick x Shuiichi? If it becomes a love triangle, It would be very interesting to see if the airhead chick wins this time since they never win against the chicks who have a personality.

Eff yes I'm all right with this!

Still like my euph x trombone bickering, but tubacabra x trombone would be hella cute.
May 12, 2015 1:05 PM

May 2013
Nice episode. Kinda liked how it focused on Hazuki and Asuka-senpai still best girl.

But that end tho, idk what to react since i kinda want to ship Kumiko and Tsukamoto but whatever, this means Hibike! Euphonium Love Story, right KyoAni?
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2010
Kumiko almost got assaulted by Midori, that part was pretty funny.
And the reaction of Kumiko after she removed the outfit was funny as well tho she didn't like it very much.
It's nice to see the girls trying so hard for their place in the competition.
May 12, 2015 1:11 PM

Dec 2013
Arrrgh.

I really like the interactions between Kumiko and Reina and overall pretty much anytime Reina has screentime. But other than that... it honestly feels like a grind to watch.
May 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
It was a pretty cute episode, although it did feel fairly slow at times for me personally.
May 12, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
ROMANCE ! YAY !
May 12, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
"Im Tubacabra dayou! You were born to blow me." these subs are so dank.
May 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
It's about time an entire episode focused on Kumiko's group. The bass section members are dorks and I love it. I thought Hazuki was an just an energetic girl who wanted something new because she didn't wanna do tennis anymore but her reason was actually deeper than that. Thanks for the character development KyoAni. Now I love Hazuki. But Asuka is still best girl.

Kumiko and Reina's short interactions continues to be my most enjoyed scenes since past episodes. And! My intuition was right last episode. Now confirmed, I'm boarding Hazukix Shuuichi ship.
But damn, Sapphire x Tuba-kun is so canon.
May 12, 2015 2:22 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my, possible romance eh? Well that's something. I feel that drama is starting to make its approach so I guess I'll be waiting for that whenever it comes.
Episode felt really slow but it wasn't bad otherwise.
May 12, 2015 2:23 PM

Dec 2011
That Ruby and Platinum Diamond scene... Hazuki's imagination knows no limit eh?

Blushing Kousaka is always good to see XD

I have to say I didn't expect the flag between Hazuki and Shuuichi at the end. Maybe I missed something in the last episode...
May 12, 2015 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
Yay auditions, can't wait to here those.
I liked when they focus on the music playing.
May 12, 2015 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
Vindstot said:

........since Kumiko has absolutely no interest in her osananajimi.,.....

I think Hazuki telling Koumiko about her developing feelings for Shuichi will make Koumiko reassess her feelings for Shuichi.

I feel sad for Hazuki though. She may end up having bitter feelings for Koumiko if Shuichi turns her down and says he likes Koumiko instead. That would be intense romance development.

Reina will be trying her best to be chosen by Sensei.
RPSB9May 12, 2015 3:07 PM
#CHEXIT
May 12, 2015 3:19 PM

Mar 2008
Forget Shuuichi, Kumiko clearly has to keep her focus on this connection with Reina anyways :). I'm perfectly fine with Hazuki going for Shuuichi, Kumiko and Reina, followed by Midori and the tuba-kun costume XD.

It was a good episode overall. Some nice focus both on Hazuki and also some good points made about music in general. Those support parts don't sound like much on their own, but they come to life when played in a group. A very important part of the song that would leave the melody a bit empty without it.
May 12, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
Romance ruins friendship in a way.

I want a confrontation between Aoi and Kumiko, with Aoi stirring up something. It would be fun to see this history behind Aoi's attitude.

Was anyone else prompted enough to check how much a tuba weighs.

The auditions should be fun, and seeing how the bass members enjoys their role in the band was nice.
May 12, 2015 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
FlareKnight said:
Forget Shuuichi, Kumiko clearly has to keep her focus on this connection with Reina anyways :).

LOL. Sensei X Reina, She's mature and she needs a mature MAN.

ooo333 said:

Oh gosh, I hope not. I wanna see the happy-lucky / airhead chick / shy chick win for once. They always lose in love triangles.

She's just a wingman for the development of Koumiko x Shuichi. Painful but true, just like Nanami.... huhuhuhu

ooo333 said:
Now, I am hoping that there will be a scene where Schuiichi and the female MC will have a conversation, and the female MC will make those remarks she makes to Shuiichi as always, and then Hazuki will get angry at the female MC and correct her. That would be fun.

Yeah, and Koumiko will reassess her feelings and confess to Shuichi. THE END
#CHEXIT
May 12, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode! it was more relaxing and not as drama filled which made it more fun to watch. Nice to see Hazuki get development. But we need more Sapphire like now, she's wonderful.
May 12, 2015 4:13 PM

Jun 2014
The speech about tuba's performing in a group was actually how I felt when playing low brass. I would rarely practice because the part alone felt really dull, but actually hearing it applied was great.
May 12, 2015 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
Did you see how Kumiko and Kousaka looked at each other? Love is in the air.

Asuka continues to be best girl. She's so funny.

Really nice how they all played together. I'm glad Hazuki likes the tuba now.
May 12, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2011
That ending seems to be setting up for some future drama shenanigans. Overall a slow but still good episode. As usual the music is excellent again. I personally felt very moved by the rendition of twinkle twinkle little star by the 3 newbie bass members. When I heard how it sounded in an ensemble compared to when Hazuki just practice's the tuba part on her own, I could feel the difference and could totally understand Hazuki's reproclaiming her love for the tuba.

Man, this anime is starting to make me feel a bit sad I never tried out for my school band.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
May 12, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2014
This episode focusing on Hazuki, huh?

That rendition of twinkle twinkle little star was greattt

OMG, LOVE IS IN THE AIR, HAZUKI FALLS IN LOVE ON SHUUICHI!!

May 12, 2015 5:33 PM

Apr 2015
good ep :)
May 12, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2009
Quite good episode if the next live up to the promise and actually show auditions, otherwise the end will be either super rushed or unfinished, I mean half the anime is already done.
Comedy is good but some "silly" part took a bit too much space, the music playing parts were nices but if only they were longer.
The teacher has little screen time but he's a very good character, not the kind you see that often.
May 12, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
Now it's official!

Must ship Kousaka with Kumiko!

Kumiko's feelings must be more than just admiration after this episode!
May 12, 2015 6:19 PM
Apr 2015
nice ep! that tuba-kun outfit lol. not interested with romance for these kind of series but i'll take it.
May 12, 2015 6:27 PM
Apr 2013
shuichi deserves better
May 12, 2015 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
the ships were strong this week dont even care still on the yuri-ship whenever Reina and Kumiko see each other i continue to root for it :) "payback?"

Katou finally getting to play together was nice
May 12, 2015 6:45 PM

Apr 2014
This just keep getting better and better!
Kumiko got trick into wearing Tuba-Kun lol.
Haziku practice hard...and finally come into liking tuba.
So Hazuki have feeling for Shuuichi?
Looking forward to the audition!
May 12, 2015 7:02 PM

Oct 2013
Nice to see Katou becoming more confident on Tubacabra. I like the "Alien Autopsy" gag when they had the dismantled tuba laid out on the table - "Tubacabra dissected!!"
May 12, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2014
Kousaka need more screen time
May 12, 2015 8:03 PM

May 2015
Goddammit Kyoani, stop adding scenes that make a shipper's heart go wild! FRIENDS don't blush that much around each other! (jk, I'll take whatever crumbs you guys throw out)

ShuuichixHazuki is pretty cute. And seeing Aoi is kinda bittersweet.

Ahaha, I don't know how real band is like, but seriously the tuba players in here are just xD "The great thing about tuba is that... there is nothing great about it!" Oh man. Laughed so hard at that. I think Goto is becoming one of my favorite characters here.

And this needs to happen,

Monjoex said:
Kousaka need more screen time
May 12, 2015 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
I-I don't expect that kind of ship!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2015

394 by shichirouji »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2015

193 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Apr 18, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2015

452 by Pandazzle »»
Apr 7, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2015

286 by luisfunes99 »»
Apr 2, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2015

242 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 28, 3:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.