Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2015 8:23 AM

Dec 2007
Missing it, too.
Oct 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
I never heard of this before but it is missing.
Oct 26, 2015 8:30 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Yeah what they mean by "English release only" is that it wasn't published in Japan. It is an OEL title and thus isn't included in the database. Doesn't matter what other places it go published in.
Jan 19, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
Brand said:
Yeah what they mean by "English release only" is that it wasn't published in Japan. It is an OEL title and thus isn't included in the database. Doesn't matter what other places it go published in.

Call me a dumb-dumb, but shouldn't the series still be included? I mean the manga guidelines don't mention anything about EOL releases far as I know. Either that or I'm missing something...
Jan 19, 2016 4:52 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Moro23 said:
Call me a dumb-dumb, but shouldn't the series still be included? I mean the manga guidelines don't mention anything about EOL releases far as I know. Either that or I'm missing something...

In the case of In These Words that was never published in Japan (at least to my knowledge), it never met database guidelines.

Basically, if you read the guidelines carefully only Japanese, Koren, and Chinese manga are allowed in the DB.
BrandJan 19, 2016 4:56 PM
Jan 24, 2016 7:52 AM

Oct 2012
Brand said:
Moro23 said:

In the case of In These Words that was never published in Japan (at least to my knowledge), it never met database guidelines.

Basically, if you read the guidelines carefully only Japanese, Koren, and Chinese manga are allowed in the DB.

i get what you're saying. the ironic thing though, is that the series was actually picked up by Japanese publishers and is, to this day, being published as a manga in Japan (specifically, by Libre, with individual chapters published in Be-Boy Gold)
Mar 2, 2016 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Moro23 said:
Brand said:

i get what you're saying. the ironic thing though, is that the series was actually picked up by Japanese publishers and is, to this day, being published as a manga in Japan (specifically, by Libre, with individual chapters published in Be-Boy Gold)

Basically this.
Te manga is serialized in a Japanese magazine from an actual Japanese editor.

The facts that the mangaka are American citizens and that the manga started as an English dōjinshi are that relevant to ignore it?
Mar 30, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2015
That's too bad. I'm rather late to this but I was hoping to add it to my list.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7686 by Barbaduk »»
Yesterday, 11:45 PM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

130 by Barbaduk »»
Apr 22, 10:28 AM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.