Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 10, 2015 1:09 AM
May 2015
I saw this manga at the library and decided to give it a read.
Keep in mind, I only read 2 volumes before putting it down, but it was bad.

My very first complaint from the get-go was the ridiculous and pathetic amount of fan service. Normally I don't mind it, but here it was just unnecessary. They tried to literally stick a panty shot on almost every page, just because. Also, for some reason, as soon as a battle would start, the main character's uniform would just magically rip off? Now we get to the main character Hakufu. Wow, I honestly couldn't stand her. She was conceited, abnoxious, hard-headed, and way overpowered. This is the actual reason I just stopped reading. They made it painfully clear that she is OP and indestructible (AKA boring). I actually don't like underdogs, I like bad ass characters. But I don't like characters that basically have their entire paths paved out for them without any real sense of danger. I actually liked what seems to be a villain 20x more than Hakufu, that being Shimei Ryomou. She actually had a more unique design than the bland Hakufu, more bad ass, and I kinda like evil female characters. However, I don't want to watch a story in which I am truly rooting for the bad guys to beat the main character and know very well that they won't. Such a predictable story.

Now we get to Hakufu's cousin Koukin. He was a character that I thought would have promise and that I would actually like. I was hoping he would develop and become some sort of badass, since the author hinted that he was pretty strong early on, just relatively shy, so room for development. Once I decided I was not going to finish, I decided to look up the basic gist of the story, to find out Koukin never develops. He basically sits in the background wasting away instead of stepping up. What a let down. Also glad too because I found that the rest of the story was pretty much sh*t too.

Pretty much garbage.

Anyone else agree?
May 10, 2015 3:53 PM

Oct 2013
I agree, I couldn't get past book 1, I hate when things have to base themselves around fanservice.
Jan 5, 2016 7:23 PM

Nov 2013
You read only 2 volumes of over twenty and complain about a lack of character development. Facepalm. Koukin is strong and fights a few fights. And he is more a strategist than a fighter. Hakufu is very strong, but in the course of the story, there are enemies that give her a run for her money. She is far from being indestructible. Besides, why are you discussing the manga on the anime page?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 29, 2016 5:24 PM

Dec 2013
I actually really liked it considering i was a teen when i first saw it and just started reading the manga which is 100% but for superficial reasons.

I dont get why people hate this show so much. Yes the plot makes no sense. But for a fanservice anime its pretty good. the girls are hot
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Aug 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Jun 2008
R3DArrow said:
I saw this manga at the library and decided to give it a read.
Keep in mind, I only read 2 volumes before putting it down, but it was bad.
[a bunch of subjective crap]

Nothing to see here. Move on.
Aug 13, 2022 1:17 AM

Feb 2019
Why don't you make a review instead of ranting by making a forum?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ikkitousen Episode 13 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 16, 2008

33 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Ikkitousen Episode 11 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 16, 2008

14 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 24, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen Episode 10 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 16, 2008

12 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 24, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 16, 2008

14 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 24, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Ikkitousen Episode 8 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 16, 2008

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 23, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.