Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2015 4:40 AM

Feb 2015
I want to make a story which the mc is using spear as the main weapon. However I realized that I almost have no idea how to wield spear actually is.

As I am trying to search the info, I want to kill two birds with a stone, I mean with having fun watching anime, so I want to try search it from anime.

Do you guys have any recommendations?
If there is duel of spear and sword, then that is preferable.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help! :D
May 9, 2015 4:54 AM

Oct 2012
Seirei no Moribito has a bunch of spear vs spear fights
May 9, 2015 4:56 AM

Aug 2010
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1827/Seirei_no_Moribito

And maybe the Fate Series, since Lancer is a spear user (not MC though)

Samurai Deeper Kyo has a spear user as well, but isnt the MC
''If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.'' - David Carradine

Yabas~
May 9, 2015 5:05 AM

Feb 2012
Few animes with spears :
Strike the Blood
Highschool of the Dead
They are quite nice, but i recommend Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance.
We all want to help one another, human beigns are like that.
May 9, 2015 11:08 AM

May 2012
They're not frequent in Seirei no Moribito, but they are impressively animated. Here's the first.

May 9, 2015 11:17 AM
Apr 2015
I recommend Serei no Moribito too; I'm just starting to see it (like 7 eps. in) and it's pretty good.

It's definitely not an action anime though, so if you're looking for actual spear fights, this is not what you want.
May 9, 2015 11:33 AM

May 2012
For the impatient, there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al1CpCfSEHo. It compiles all the fights into one video. Spoilers obviously.
May 9, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Akatsuki no Yona - the main Male MC uses a spear and he's a complete badass. Don't be put off by the Shoujo genre tag. its an awsome anime.
Maybe I'm not who I think I am. Perhaps there are still new plateaus for me to reach.
Far greater heights to which I must ascend. Yes. I will ascend. - Vegeta (DBZ)

May 9, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
The first season of Koihime Musou had some decent spear fighting, if I recall. It... kind of goes downhill from there though.
May 9, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2015
Busou Renkin is pretty good

Then i saw someone say Strike the Blood, which wasnt my favorite, but it was enjoyable (MC doesnt use the spear btw in Strike the Blood its the side MC girl)
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Jun 1, 2016 10:28 AM
Feb 2013
@aditriz I really like the idea of mc using Spear. All i see are sword wielding mc. I want mc to use other weapon like spear, halberd, dual-axes, axe-shield,...

Edit: Lol i am blind, i thought your post is 2016 >.<.

I personally think spear user can execute attack more beautiful and fluent without duel wield. I can't think of dual wield sword and spear but i can recommend

Aside from what people already recommend:
Single spear:
Arslan Senki: Daryun use spear and some other general

Akatsuki no Yona: Hak Son use a Guan Dao. This is abit different from spear since they use slash more than piercing. This should be a bti similar to a halberd or great axe.

Dual spears:
Fate/Zero with Lancer

Sengoku Basara: Yukimura
Jun 1, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2015
I wonder how could you found this thread. This is from 1 years ago, I honestly surprised.
Jun 1, 2016 12:51 PM
Feb 2013
Cause i was looking for spear wielding mc to watch. I am bored with all the mc swordsman these day. I want to find some fantasy war anime where main char use spear, he is strong but start off from the bottom and can actually earn what he deserve through achievement. I always imagine those anime scenarios in my head but i cant make my own anime lol >.<
Jun 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Oct 2015
Would this help ?

http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/all?include_tags=598
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jun 1, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2015
Always swords and never the spear. Spear-users are usually side characters...which is a disappointment. *sigh*

Well...it's not an anime, but if you're looking for some good spear action, I recommend Jet Li's The New Legend of Shaolin (A.K.A. Legend of the Red Dragon) In the movie, Jet Li exclusively wields a spear, and it is the movie that made me a huge spear fan. If you're looking for spear inspiration, then you have to watch that movie.
Mar 12, 2017 4:40 PM
Feb 2017
Goh Kenji.
The MC use a bare hand style of spear wielding. some chapter also show the reader how to train a spear wielding tecnique

Kingdom
The main MC does'nt use spear tough but there is some character whose realy good at spear wielding
akbar_ghifarApr 27, 2017 4:03 AM

More topics from this board

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
6 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - 11 hours ago

2 by Snailsoup »»
10 hours ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - Apr 23

8 by Wakarimas-en »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.