Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2015 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode felt somewhat slow but overall still had a good thriller feeling after that spectacular battle imo.

Not only that but the episode had some decent character relationship progress. The sci-fi fiction remains creative while we see Nagate fresh up a bit after the fight. Quite a little sci-fi adventure this week even without the mecha warfare. And the ending also made me smile ;)
May 8, 2015 12:54 PM
Jan 2011
Nice episode. They handled the transition of mood from last times serious episode pretty well. As expected, I guess. The transition between funny/cute moments and serious/scary ones has been handled really well by this show so far. Also with Tsumugis appearance this show will get slowly more and more harem-esque, so I wonder how that will work.

Also, it looks like Izana might be slowly sprouting boobs. Now it's only a matter of time until we get to see some funny fancervice. Also liked how they managed to incorporate the loss of her limbs, since the manga did that a bit earlier in the story.
May 9, 2015 6:07 AM

Apr 2014
*sigh* The wait for the subs is unbearable.
May 9, 2015 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see that Izana and Tsumugi got well.
May 9, 2015 6:01 PM
May 2014
Definitely on the lighter side today. Have had more lolz than I wanted to but it's all good nonetheless.

I liked the latter half of the episode, "the misadventures of Nagate and Izana." I think they'd make for an interesting comic duo. Props to Polygon for keeping the "ladder scene" completely intact.

Next episode preview contains a clip of flying onigiri. Could they have possibly included that scene?

Dante323 said:

Also, it looks like Izana might be slowly sprouting boobs. Now it's only a matter of time until we get to see some funny fancervice.

Noticed this myself. Also, might just be me but, she sounds an awful lot more feminine than usual.
TanukiKidMay 9, 2015 7:46 PM
May 9, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
Just another normal day of life on Sidonia.
Hate Keeps me warm
May 9, 2015 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
I (kinda) like this show and all, but man can I not stand its humor, especially when it's used during the times when Sidonia is slow. Couldn't the writer have come up with some less cliche downtime moments?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 9, 2015 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
Looks like Sidonia learned it's lesson from the last one. I still remember that scene were people flew out of windows and smashed to their deaths. It was a very powerful scene, but I love the entire development of Sidonia and humans as a whole. It would be pretty awful if Tsumigi were to pop out and see Sidonia covered in blood. Additionally Sidonia's got better windows, none of them shattered.

May 9, 2015 8:40 PM

May 2013
I like these types of relaxing episodes. Nagate asking Izana to sleep over lol.
May 9, 2015 9:42 PM

Jul 2010
Defintely nice to see Izana and Tsugumi recovering and also the anti-chimera being not as strong.

Really enjoying Nagate being punched around and how he was choking with that face was hilarious, couldn't help but to smile during their "misfortunes".
May 9, 2015 9:58 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Good to see Izana and especially Tsumugi recovering. The way she got flustered when Nagate hugged her was too cute! :3
Also loved how Nagate and Izana made an opportunity for Tsumugi to get a good look of the outside world. That scene was really nice.

Poor Nagate got kicked out.. Asking Izana to let him stay the night was pretty funny.

A bit slow but decent episode. Well, the flow will got back to normal next week. Kunato's face though..

May 9, 2015 11:09 PM

Feb 2012
Tsumugi is just too damn adorable. I know chances are slim, but I hope the writer(s) love her as much as a lot of us do and give her plot armor so she may be with us forever and ever ;D
May 9, 2015 11:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Was really happy to see that Izana and most of all Tsumugi were able to heal up and get better....It brought tears to my eyes seeing how happy Tanikaze was to see her up and about again :'')

This was a really sweet and heartwarming episode and I love just how much Izana and Tanikaze cares about Tsumugi and quite frankly she deserves to be treated nicely because she is such a nice and cute person that you'd just want to hug all day

I really liked this episode....Seeing former best girl Hoshijiro brought back a lot of feels for me too....Looks like Tanikaze still misses her just as much as I do TwT
May 9, 2015 11:30 PM

Sep 2014
This season is just too good. Tsumugi is so freaking adorable!

That Samari punch though
May 9, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2014
Yvese said:
Tsumugi is just too damn adorable. I know chances are slim, but I hope the writer(s) love her as much as a lot of us do and give her plot armor so she may be with us forever and ever ;D

Perhaps the only time in my life to see such a request in MAL :P
And nt get bombarded :D

The scene after NagateXIzana misadventure made me go kyaa,dang Tsumugi's kawaii-ness is beyond 9000
wait and the I EAT A$$ moment of nagate :D
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

May 10, 2015 12:41 AM

Aug 2010
Dat elbow in Nagates face was lol. Must have hurt like hell since Izanas prosthetics r nothing to laugh at in terms of OPness XD can't wait til she uses them in battle.

Glad to see everyone love Tsumugi now. The city view scene was so sweet. Tsumugi is <3 Cant wait til they all start living together :3
May 10, 2015 1:06 AM

Sep 2013
Flawfinder said:
I (kinda) like this show and all, but man can I not stand its humor, especially when it's used during the times when Sidonia is slow. Couldn't the writer have come up with some less cliche downtime moments?

Nihei is parodying the harem genre with the cliches, it's supposed to be humor in that sense. If you had read the rest of his works the contrast between the humor of Sidonia and lets say Blame it makes it all rather hilarious. It may seem simply stupid to a first timer tho
cupcMay 10, 2015 1:09 AM
May 10, 2015 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
Well I wasn't expecting Izana to go all Fullmetal Alchemist.
May 10, 2015 3:23 AM

Jun 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
lol damn you beat me to it i was going to point that out as well also have you noticed the prosthetics are in the same leg and hand too!
May 10, 2015 3:28 AM
Jan 2011
Axelucard_ said:
ReaperCreeper said:
lol damn you beat me to it i was going to point that out as well also have you noticed the prosthetics are in the same leg and hand too!

Ichise from Texhnolyze had his prosthetics on his right hand and left leg too. Seems like this is somewhat of a tradition.
May 10, 2015 4:07 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Slice of life Sidonia style. After the intense battle episodes we've been through it's quite ok. We're getting plenty of action soon. I keep noticing how subtly Izana is getting more and more girly as the series goes (I think the manga makes it more explicit somehow).

They didn't kill off Tsuruchi! Yes! That guy is oodles of fun.

Dante323 said:
Axelucard_ said:

Ichise from Texhnolyze had his prosthetics on his right hand and left leg too. Seems like this is somewhat of a tradition.

So true.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 2015 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
Izana never asked for this
Oh god who are you people?
May 10, 2015 5:11 AM

Dec 2008
May 10, 2015 5:17 AM

Dec 2008
May 10, 2015 5:41 AM

Jan 2014
I swear Tanikaze's face when crushed is the best.

Tsumugi is cute. < Fact.
And I love how Sidonia is slightly different from various cliches.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 10, 2015 8:53 AM

Oct 2008
Such a warm-hearted episode.
and again Nagate was deformed face elbow again this time by Izana.
Nagate feels the same way to Tsumugi just like Hoshijiro.
Nagate and Izana found a way to let Tsumugi experience the view of the residential areas of Sidonia.
Excited because Nagate will stay-in temporarily to Izana's place.
matias067May 10, 2015 8:56 AM

May 10, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2012
cupc said:
Flawfinder said:

Nihei is parodying the harem genre with the cliches, it's supposed to be humor in that sense. If you had read the rest of his works the contrast between the humor of Sidonia and lets say Blame it makes it all rather hilarious. It may seem simply stupid to a first timer tho

Just because it's a parody doesn't make it funny. Also, I don't care what the rest of his work is like in the context of Sidonia, but I will never find "playing cliches straight in a ironic sense" funny. Not even Saints Row 4 could escape from that trap at times (ex. their Metal Gear Solid tribute).
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 10, 2015 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
As always, I lament the fact that this show gets overlooked.
Even in the lull of peace in between battles, this show is still fun to watch. Tsumugi being stuck underground for the safety of herself and the other Sidonia citizens was kind of lonely. I felt her solitude at reading books in her "room", it made her eventual pipe climb all the more.... I don't want to use the word "liberating", but that's the only one I can think of right now...

Anyway, I thought they did well to show the things each character had to deal with after the battle, though to be perfectly honest how Izana can dunk those prosthetic parts in water is way beyond me (won't they short circuit or rust???).

Tanikaze going all gloomy because Tsumugi hadn't recovered yet was sort of weird. I mean, considering that she looks nothing like Hoshijiro, I still can't fathom his attachment towards her (the other way around, I can understand). It's not like she smells like her mother, right?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 10, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Anyway, I thought they did well to show the things each character had to deal with after the battle, though to be perfectly honest how Izana can dunk those prosthetic parts in water is way beyond me (won't they short circuit or rust???).

I think you should stop underestimating Sidonia's technology by now...

L-Ryoshi said:
Tanikaze going all gloomy because Tsumugi hadn't recovered yet was sort of weird. I mean, considering that she looks nothing like Hoshijiro, I still can't fathom his attachment towards her (the other way around, I can understand). It's not like she smells like her mother, right?

Well, she may not look but she sounds alot like Hoshijiro and if you take into consideration that he knows how Tsumugi was conceived, Tanikaze going all gloomy is perfectly understandable.
VeldarthMay 10, 2015 11:46 AM
May 10, 2015 5:24 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Tsugumi can see more of Sidonia that Izana and Tanikaze see.
May 10, 2015 6:02 PM

Dec 2010
...this episode was to be expected after the hype of the last episode the everyone in Sidonia needs a break... its good to see that everyone recovered
May 10, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2010
My dear Izana has lost her limbs :(
Oh well at least there is a bathtub scene from her

Tsumugi has quite changed the atmosphere with her moe moe character
May 10, 2015 7:12 PM

Apr 2015
The comedy in the series is rather violent, isn't it? Tanikaze seems to be unscathed by all of it though.

Hiyama is always awesome, but will we see her as often now that our characters are no longer living in the dorms?
May 10, 2015 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
cupc said:
Flawfinder said:

Even if this is meant to be parodical, anime is already oversaturated with this type of comedy to the point where "parodies" have essentially become the new genuine article.

Anyhow it was an alright eppie.
gedataMay 10, 2015 8:01 PM
May 10, 2015 10:42 PM

May 2014
Tsumugi is so ridiculously Cute

Which hurts me physically because I'm almost 100% sure she's gonna die now.

That episode was great, in sets with less background noise the CG is starting to look really fly.
May 10, 2015 11:24 PM

Sep 2013
gedata said:
cupc said:

Even if this is meant to be parodical, anime is already oversaturated with this type of comedy to the point where "parodies" have essentially become the new genuine article.

true yeah, but I can't help but find it funny personally. I just probably have a bad sense of humor ¯_(ツ)_/¯ it's not like it happens that often anyways. once every, like, 4-5 episodes?
May 10, 2015 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
I'd take Tsumugi home if I had a 50ft hanger for her.
May 11, 2015 8:01 AM

Mar 2012
Nice breather episode. It might seem a bit out of place after what happened to Izana and Tsumugi but it was really enjoyable.
May 11, 2015 10:27 AM

Nov 2013
I'm liking the first season more so far, but this one is still good. The OP and ED are both really good, which is rare, usually an anime will have only a good OP or good ED if none at all.
May 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2013
cupc said:
gedata said:

true yeah, but I can't help but find it funny personally. I just probably have a bad sense of humor ¯_(ツ)_/¯ it's not like it happens that often anyways. once every, like, 4-5 episodes?

It's not that which bothers me about the series, it's the fact that the most important plot elements feel like background noise compared to everything else at this point.
May 12, 2015 7:23 AM

Jan 2014
That was a bit slow down after last episode intense fight, but good in the other way. Very nice episode to balance.
The relationships between thee are cute.
Also, Nagate almost lost person he cares the most second time... Tsumugi represents him Hochijiro...

5/5
May 12, 2015 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
Tsumugi is just too damn adorable!!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 12, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
cupc said:
gedata said:

Maybe it's because you like the characters/series?

If the same shit happened in another series I don't like that much I'd probably cringe, but I like Tanikaze and his harem the others so I laugh like a penguin when Sidonia pulls these things.

For the record I'd still find Tanikaze's faces hilarious even if I hated this series; they're just too gud :p
May 14, 2015 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
I had the whole Izana thing spoiled for me a while back, so I was just waiting for her to get her prosthetic limbs. At least that was the worst that happened to her, and I'm glad she seems to be in high spirits. Hell, more than her own life, she only cared about Tsumugi's well-being. She's such a good person.

Speaking of which, once again, Tsumugi is so damn cute. Such a great addition to the cast.

Certainly a breather episode this week, but I can't say I mind too much. I thought it was a fun episode.
May 14, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
A more relaxing episode. Some good imagery.
May 17, 2015 3:56 AM

Dec 2010
Real change of tone this episode, which isn't exactly bad.

What could possibly happen next though?
May 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Tsumugi looked pretty wrecked.

Repairs complete, just in time for some action next episode.
May 18, 2015 8:51 PM

Jun 2014
You really dont expect CUTE from a show like this, but they handle it really well. The distorted faces look even funnier in this format too.

This show has had me on the edge of my seat since season one, episode one.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 25, 2015 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
I expected a much darker atmosphere and problems on the horizon, instead I find myself to follow a narrative very relaxed and moments rather moe; Tanikaze Isana and I look like two kids in their manifestations, oh well. Tsumugi understandable attitude, but not that of the two protagonists.
In a sense, the story so far it looks different from the first series, there are points where I feel the difference in the two narratives. Plot is not bad despite the obvious context switching, see the character of Isana with those implants, makes me a little sad. The figure of Kunato he still inspires confidence, which will be his plan?
Jun 21, 2015 9:33 AM

Nov 2012
Poor Nagate XDD Always getting beat up haha

So sweet of the to do that for Tsumugi!! :3 She's so cute those lil arms!! :333
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

163 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:27 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

104 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

63 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

61 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

75 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.