Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 8, 2015 2:01 PM

Apr 2013
Muh gawd. Dem feels. Not gonna lie, that end part with Lili had me (ಥ﹏ಥ) although she went on a little too long with her "ranting" about Bell. However, with that shit ass life that she was living before shown from the flashbacks, I can understand why she needed to vent a little bit.
May 8, 2015 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,
Poor Lili... even thought what she did to Bell was pretty bad, I do feel sorry for her. I was kind of hoping for Bell to show up a little earlier and fight those guys.
May 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
Wow that latter half was done really well, props to JC Staff on this one. Even got some Sisters Arc vibes with how well it was directed.

deanzel said:
although she went on a little too long with her "ranting" about Bell.

However, with that shit ass life that she was living before shown from the flashbacks, I can understand why she needed to vent a little bit.
Yeah I thought it felt a little unnecessary toward the end, but like you said it makes sense.
May 8, 2015 2:46 PM

Jun 2010
wow didn't expect it to be this touching. seems like there are some emotional only felt trough words I guess.

welcome Lilly to the harem familia. next up Aiz.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 8, 2015 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
Sort of got psychological there at the end. I admit it, I hated Lili. But she hates herself too. That speech was pretty cool.

But fuck, Bell is so boring.
May 8, 2015 3:00 PM
Feb 2015
Next week my girl Aiz yess , I really hope she speaks more with Bell not just when he sees her to run away
May 8, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
Harem member captured

Harem +1

Good guy Bell-kun saving the furry loli

May 8, 2015 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
This was superbly adapted. A lot more emotional scene than I remember from the LN. Loving this show a bunch, it's getting good! Definitely buying all the Ln's as they come, and enjoying the show. Bell's a damn sweet guy.
May 8, 2015 3:31 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Lili was very annoying but after seeing her past we can all see why she did all those evil actions.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 8, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, as was touching, I even felt sorry for Lili, all episode focused on her and showing as Bell can look cool sometimes too

The OST of this anime reminds me quite the OST of Fullmetal Alchemist, even if not at the same level is very good

The plot is really exciting, next episode a little more Ais and Bell, I'm already looking forward ..
May 8, 2015 3:47 PM
May 2014
I though she was joining hestia familia on this episode, but well, best episode at the moment
May 8, 2015 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode. Felt a bit bad for Lilli. Respect to Bell for saving her!

Next week we finally concentrate a little more on the blond chick!
May 8, 2015 4:19 PM

Feb 2015
Lol how typical. Pretty average episode.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 8, 2015 4:30 PM

Dec 2008
The tragedy was well executed but the resolution of it was too cliche. I guess this is just another harem show but with decent character designs and animation.
ArnissanMay 9, 2015 1:27 AM
May 8, 2015 5:20 PM

Sep 2011
Alright class moral of the story as is in every other anime no matter how much bad stuff they do traitors are always forgiven in the end. Alright anime logic class dismissed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2015 5:32 PM

Feb 2009
So Bell gets another for the harem I guess? I hated Lili before this episode for being so damn shady but I guess she's cool now...I really just want Aiz and Bell to meet formally so that I can ship it lol.

May 8, 2015 5:40 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito saved Lil T_____T. I am so happy
May 8, 2015 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
That was such an amazing episode with such a sweet ending :)
May 8, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2008
It was a nice episode, though would have been nicer they managed to get Lili out of that familia too.

Not sure if it's a spoiler or not but can anyone tell me if she's actually still in it? I mean after all that... I was really expecting her to join Hestia's but I dont even know how the rules work in this show.
May 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
Soooo... loki essentially just said that the Soma familia is a crack-den. I admit, I did not see that coming.

"Why did god make me tiny and weak?!"
...Have you SEEN the gigantic bag you constantly carry with you? Normal humans can't carry something eight times their size while running around and crap.
Speaking of- where the hell did her gigantic-bag even go??

I'm honestly convinced that Bell is literally the only male in this entire universe who is attractive and not a complete ass-hat. Sure, he's a biiiiit sexist, but compared to all the other males around him, he's more desirable than cocaine-laced water in hell.

Additionally- there are no ugly women in this universe either. And there's ONE who is totally insane. Those are amazing statistics- I want to live in this universe now.

I don't understand. Didn't she already try selling the weapon? Isn't it useless to anyone who isn't already epic-strong, and thus makes it almost impossible to find anyone to sell it to?

...They did pick up all those gems right? Right????
May 8, 2015 5:58 PM

Apr 2015
A very sympathetic back story dose not excuse theft and attempted murder,especially not the murder. Had i been in Bell's position i would have knifed Lili at the first opportunity.
May 8, 2015 6:00 PM

Feb 2015
DarcyD said:
So Bell gets another for the harem I guess? I hated Lili before this episode for being so damn shady but I guess she's cool now...I really just want Aiz and Bell to meet formally so that I can ship it lol.

Next episode is about Aiz, so they'll probably formally meet.
May 8, 2015 6:27 PM

Oct 2012
Dam Bell really went the extra mile of Lili
May 8, 2015 6:34 PM

Mar 2015
Psionics said:
A very sympathetic back story dose not excuse theft and attempted murder,especially not the murder. Had i been in Bell's position i would have knifed Lili at the first opportunity.

Bell wanted to make Lili his personal servant... another girl for his harem, that's why he's gonna pick up all girls in the dungeon. He's gonna catchem all.

May 8, 2015 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode and sweet ending though I don't think Lili is out of trouble just yet. I can't imagine the Soma Familia are just gonna let her go like that.
May 8, 2015 6:50 PM
Sep 2014
kyle8998 said:
Dammit Lili your ears were fake?

jonjoy said:
i thought lily was just a little girl, never thought that she has a nice body behind that jacket

Her special ability allows her to shapeshift, though I don't think its limits are known.

Epicenter said:
Couldn't help but roll my eyes about those guys gloating about the plan so those chicks could over hear them by pure convenience, but decent enough episode.

In the manga adaptation (didn't read the LN), Eina figured out that Bell was in danger on her own. There weren't any random guys talking about the plan.

Paul said:
It was a nice episode, though would have been nicer they managed to get Lili out of that familia too.

Not sure if it's a spoiler or not but can anyone tell me if she's actually still in it? I mean after all that... I was really expecting her to join Hestia's but I dont even know how the rules work in this show.

She needs to meet with the deity in charge of her familia (i.e. Soma) in person and get him to let her leave. Problem is, he's pretty much a recluse and the members of his familia only get to meet him if they save up enough money. So yes, she's still in it for the time being.
May 8, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode this week! We finally got the resolution with Lili's conflicts and her deceiving Bell. Bell is a really nice guy to forgive Lili after everything she has done. Aiz helped out Bell to escape without him even knowing; without her he probably would've died. Lili officially becomes Bell's supporter though. :D The OST in this anime is really good too, some beautiful tracks.
5/5
May 8, 2015 7:00 PM
Feb 2012
So no one wanted that useless traitor to die? After all the kindness she has been shown, she still pulls that shit off. She should've been eaten to death by ants. Dying in the very same way she intended Bell to die (monster lures by betrayal) would be justice. ONLY THEN could she have even been considered to be forgiven. Damn, so stupid to forgive her like that, a good punch in the face is what Bell needs.
May 8, 2015 7:01 PM
Sep 2014
Ah, I forgot to mention. I'm sure everyone noticed, but Bell's "Miss Supporter, are you looking for an adventurer?" line and his few lines afterward are meant to mirror Lili's first lines to him. He pretty much just switched "Supporter" and "Adventurer".

Because of that, it's my favourite scene in Danmachi to date. The anime didn't exactly ruin it, but it felt like it would've been better if it was dragged out just a second or two.
May 8, 2015 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
Bravo to Lili's VA
my eyes wet
May 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
This was a great episode and seeing how pure hearted the main character is makes me want to watch more. Lets hope its not just a 1 cour anime just for the purpose of selling more Light Novels.
May 8, 2015 7:55 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, very frustrating and emotional.
May 8, 2015 7:57 PM
Jun 2014
MuruManu said:
Is it me or it's really really really cliché ?

Not just you. I'm still having trouble seeing why this is getting so much praise.
May 8, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2014
His reason for forgiving her was really cringe worthy. It went pretty much like "ah it's becuz u a gurl then ... nah it's becuz you're you". Seriously, backstabbing and leaving him for dead doesn't faze this guy at all.
This mc really makes my skin crawl
May 8, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
"I forgive you, in one condition."

"Join my harem!"
#CHEXIT
May 8, 2015 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Bells soo Nice, Hes a dumbass. BITCH SHOULDA DIED, PEOPLE LIKE THAT DONT DESERVE TO LIVE IN ANIME
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 8, 2015 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
At first I was mad at Lili for leaving Bell behind with those bunch of monsters but....

the after scenes... now that I really felt bad for her this time ;__; Glad Bell came up and saved the day once again.. Such a nice person, he is
May 8, 2015 8:45 PM

Jan 2011
I honestly wanted to see the other adventurers get owned. They practically robbed Lili's loot life savings.

Nothing like a backstabbing party. Except Lili gets saved cos Bell wants her in his harem. If it was a guy, I'd think he'd go on a killing spree.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
May 8, 2015 9:10 PM
Jan 2015
Bad episode.

There's no way that betrayal would happen. First knife-grab, sure, I can see that. But then you learn that the knife is worthless without Bell attached, and he's more than fair with you, doesn't hit you, doesn't take advantage of your alleged weakness as an excuse to exploit you while dungeon-faring.

Why would you ever possibly kill off a mark like that?

At this point, though, it's Bell's turn to be an idiot and take her back into his care. She's got only selfish motives, no long-term planning ability, no self-preservation instinct. Save her, sure, but kick her to the curb.
May 8, 2015 9:31 PM

Feb 2015
the mc seem so weak at episode 1 so far but many people said he will be among the strongest in the series later . By the way , just at least wanna know , does Bell will be together with wallenstein, ais at the end of series or manga ?
May 8, 2015 10:07 PM

Sep 2013
I kind of dont like lili to be honest. No matter how she was treated befoer she met bell, she still almost got him killed. And bell, I still like him but not as much. He should have smack the shit out of her...
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 8, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2015
Jose07 said:
I kind of dont like lili to be honest. No matter how she was treated befoer she met bell, she still almost got him killed. And bell, I still like him but not as much. He should have smack the shit out of her...

I think Lili just thought Bell was one of them.
#CHEXIT
May 8, 2015 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Imeon said:
Jose07 said:

Maybe but, she still needs a smacking >.>
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
May 8, 2015 10:16 PM

Feb 2015
ais will be together with bell or not ? onegaiiii tell me T^T
May 8, 2015 10:18 PM

Mar 2015
Uchida Maaya <3 That voice acting in the emotional breakdown scene was superb, awesome episode, loved it.
May 8, 2015 10:31 PM

Apr 2015
Jose07 said:
Imeon said:

Maybe but, she still needs a smacking >.>

She just needs a tight hug and cheek to cheek rub..... *cute

Rydias said:
ais will be together with bell or not ? onegaiiii tell me T^T

As the title says... I'm sure, in the end, she'll give him a head......... uhmm.. head start....
RPSB9May 8, 2015 10:34 PM
#CHEXIT
May 8, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
Dang, the feels were overflowing in this episode. I'm loving the ost, it fits perfectly with the scenes.
May 8, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
Considering how dangerous the dungeon is (what with the Killer Ants and minotaur), a decent party can be easily overwhelmed, let alone a single fighter like Bell. So Lili consciously betraying him and basically leaving him for dead is too much of a sin that her shitty past simply can't redeem her for me. I was just left flabbergasted by the fact that she got away with just a light slap on the wrist.

I'm also not fond of these last minute flashbacks, they feel cheap and just stop the story flat on its tracks. I mean, is it asking too much to simply expand Lili's backstories a bit more for past few episodes so i can feel something more for her? I believe that'd be much better to spend time than the boring, meaningless date with Hestia on last episode.

And yeah, characters like Bell is precisely the reason for my growing dislike towards more conventional, altruistic hero and preferring anti-hero instead.
May 8, 2015 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
Bell-san, the manliest of men.. In this show at least

Amiluhur said:

And yeah, characters like Bell is precisely the reason for my growing dislike towards more conventional, altruistic hero and preferring anti-hero instead.

I'd say that he's at least one of the better written ones opposed characters like Emiya Shirou from Fate or Kirito from SAO. He doesn't turn everything into a woes me mindset and his goals are a little more clearer and reachable in his universe
May 8, 2015 11:11 PM

Apr 2015
Objurgo said:
Bell-san, the manliest of men.. In this show at least

Amiluhur said:

I'd say that he's at least one of the better written ones opposed characters like Emiya Shirou from Fate or Kirito from SAO. He doesn't turn everything into a woes me mindset and his goals are a little more clearer and reachable in his universe

Actually, Bell forgiving Lilli reminds me of Kirito and I like it.
#CHEXIT
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

459 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 10:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.